Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Teen Aspirations Are Weird

ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
What teens want these overachiever, impossible aspirations???
They're not possible to achieve without cheating, without skipping school, and without either not doing homework, or making someone else do it for you.
These aren't normal teen aspirations.
Normal teen aspirations can include being in the Olympics for one sport, being a pop idol, being a teen rock god, being in a boy/girl band, being a Disney star, being a superhero, and other doable aspirations. But, the aspirations EA gave us? Whoa! Those are way harder! Can't do them. There's not enough time in the day to achieve them. Even adults can't achieve them.
No. Random strangers on your "friend" list on Facebook are not your friends.

One aspiration is juggling a job, an afterschool activity, and good grades. You can't do all that in a week. Even if you pick a weekend only job, it's impossible to work or do extra school activities on weekdays because there's no time in the day for it. Especially since teen beds only have 3 or 4, 5 if a miracle happens energy.

Another teen aspiration requires TEN friends, and throwing GOLD rated parties. People can't achieve that. When have you ever seen a teen in an already exaggerated movie have more than three friends? Teens are doing great if they have five or six friends. Ten? Who has that kind of count??? Even popular, social butterfly kids aren't friends with more than 2-6 kids. And, kids don't really throw parties. The only parties kids get are their family functions. The closest kids get is their merely 1-6 friends hanging out together after school, and maybe at a weekend sleepover. (Sleepovers, and friendly gatherings to hang out are not parties.) (And, the people you barely might know one name for from your classes at a movie-only-existing party in your dreams are not your friends.)

Then, there's a teen aspiration to mischievously make and love drama? Why would you let kids play that?

And, the fourth teen trait, live fast, clearly sounds like it's more delinquents going to juvenile hall.

I don't know what the criminal aspirations exactly require to achieve, but I'm going to guess they're as impossible as the good kid aspirations.

Real life teens can sooner achieve, with ease, the grownup aspirations, if not for you're limiting them from part-time real careers, such as kid acting. They can't achieve the teen aspirations, but they could become trillionaires if you were to let them. The only reason trillionaires are so rare, is because people spend too much of their money to be one, making people billionaires. It's actually easy to be a trillionaire.
But, juggle a job, afterschool activities, and good grades? You could never do anything else with your life, and would be floundering away without skill development, you'd have no fun without the cheerful trait making life enjoyable no matter how boring and a waste of time, and you'd be tired all the time because almost every teen bed only has 4 energy.

While I do enjoy the high school years pack... Those teen aspirations are useless. The first group of tasks aren't all achievable. If you can't even get passed the first group of aspiration tasks... That means the aspirations are unachievable.

And, what exactly is a T-pose challenge? It sounds dumb. It won't make you popular, it'll get you made fun of. If it has "pose" in it, teens should be avoiding discussing it, and avoiding admitting to doing it.
I tried looking it up to see if this aspiration is doable... Found nothing saying what it is. I did find what a T-pose is in game design... Stupid challenge central. And, then, I found someone showing a teen at high school in a T-pose dumbly. I saw that in-game, too. It's so stupid! If that's the T-pose... Then, we are de-evolving if that makes you popular.

Are these impossible achievements seriously in touch with 2022 teens? They're impossible, and uncool. And, they're life-ruining to achieve. Because you won't gain skills, it will waste your time. Ten friends and parties will give you a little charisma... Not much. Realistically, if you want significant skill in charisma, you better get in front of a mirror, and read some psychology and sociology books. Because you aren't going to learn it by saying, "I like blue, do you like green?" ten times.

In future sims games, don't let people go passed three charisma by simply socializing with people without any effort to learn the skill. You can't do that in real life.

Charisma going up should teach trendy words, and writing going up should teach booksmart words. There should also be a rhetoric skill that adds to vocabulary, and that improves sentence structuring, grammar.

These teen achievements are totally useless to have coded into the game. They aren't achievements. You accomplish nothing in life doing them. And, they aren't possible.

Another problem with this... Teenagers aren't interested in achieving an aspiration as a teen. They want to achieve it as an adult.

Kids are happy if they have good grades.

Kids are happy if they have three friends, even when social butterflies.

Kids are happy if they have 1-3 boyfriends/girlfriends (at the same time, not serial).
Last I checked, my species has always been naturally polyamorous and desiring polygamy, mutually. There are no exceptions. You believe otherwise? Then, you're wrong about being my species.

Kids are happy if they get to go to the movie theater, or the mall, or an arcade, or a skate park, etc. (Include 1+ of their probably only 1-3 friends and they'll be even happier.)

Kids are happy to enjoy festivals and holidays.

Kids are happy during their favorite weather and season times.

Kids are happy to know what they want to do when they grow up, and more so to be working toward it now, but they don't have to achieve it today.
Post edited by ImDragone on

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Aspirations are something that can be easily changed with a button click.
    Though with teen aspirations, one thing is that these aspirations are only available to teens. As soon as they become young adults, they'll need to pick a new aspiration. If they have that relatable bonus trait, that will get switched out too.

The thing about these aspirations are that the traits should help them out in the future. However, I don't really know what these traits do, so I don't know how useful they are.

Teens aren't interested in achieving aspirations? Children have aspirations too, also timed as they'll need to get a new one when they grow up. Aspirations are more like set goals that reward your sim with satisfaction points and traits. You can change it at any time, even complete multiple aspirations. Though lately the trend has been 1-milestone aspirations.

Wait? You picked weekend jobs? Why didn't I think of that? I had one sim become a morning Simfluencer for that. Good thing it allows work from home...

Charisma thing reminds me that in The Sims 3, to get a higher charisma level, your sim needed more friends and relationships. To max that skill out, your sim needed 10 friends and 25 relationships.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It's a Sims game not a teen reality life. The game isn't supposed to be taken seriously or realistic.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Those are strong unilateral generalizations about what kids, and people generally, are like. I find there is more variation in the world than the OP takes into consideration.

I had a couple of friends in high school who had parties at their houses, so some teens must throw parties.

Some people are not polyamorous at all, yet they are human.

I find it amusing sometimes how so e who are poly, tend to assume everyone else is, too, and sone people who are monogamous likewise assume that if everyone else isn't, they ought to be. People can differ, and people who are demisexual, who aren't interested in anyone til they have formed a strong personal emotional attachment first, exist and aren't making it up, or repressed. There are people who actually don't want more than one special someone, and they aren't being dishonest, or pressured into that, but people who think monogamy is for the birds, often assume everyone is like them, would they but admit it.

Anyway, nothing wrong with venting about the ways in which the hsy aspirations don't match your ideas. Just noting that your personal take on what teens are like and what people are like, isn't the only valid viewpoint. We all form our viewpoints from our experience and those tend to vary. 😀
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    edited September 2022
    deleted comment
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    When I was in high school we'd go to house parties most weekends. Sometimes we didn't even know who was throwing the party. 😄 Good times. And I definitely had more than 10 friends.

If you have Get Together try forming a club and get to know some teens that way.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited September 2022
    I did the overachiever (homework/after school activity, side hustle etc) with days to spare. You can be in the side hustle in the morning hours so it was something like stream > school > football > home/sleep.

You get to do the homework stuff before joining the activity/hustle and I’m pretty sure there’s enough time to do either the activity or the hustle if you don’t want to cram it all in. It’s not that bad at all honestly. If you focus it I bet you can do it with a week or two to spare.

However multiple teen aspirations seems impossible in normal time, I would assume.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    ImDragone wrote: »
    Last I checked, my species has always been naturally polyamorous and desiring polygamy, mutually. There are no exceptions. You believe otherwise? Then, you're wrong about being my species.

What exactly is your species, @ImDragone …?
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited September 2022
    I like teen aspirations, but I think one is missing. The one that is just for ordinary teenager who doesn’t want to dump partners, become business person or party animal. I miss one aspiration that could focus on hobbies or having good friends and doing stuff with them. I don’t always wanna play with this type of teen, but it would be nice to acknowledge that some teens just want to hang out with close group and do what they are passionate about (gaming session together, taking vacation together on the weekend, bbq in the garden, collecting stuff together). Sure I can do it right now even by creating a club, but aspiration would make it official and give bonus trait as a result. I find surprising that there is no such thing, but we got socially awkward trait and that sim is supposed feel at ease with closest friends.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    ImDragone wrote: »

What exactly is your species, @ImDragone …?

Whatever it is, I'm definitely not in the same species :D

I'm not too fussed about fulfilling aspirations but sometimes I do parts of them and it's nice that some are less goody-goody than others. No aspects of this game should be taken too seriously...
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I like to try and fulfill aspirations when I can, but I also like that you can switch aspirations if you want to, and go back to the original one later if you wish.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    I like teen aspirations, but I think one is missing. The one that is just for ordinary teenager who doesn’t want to dump partners, become business person or party animal. I miss one aspiration that could focus on hobbies or having good friends and doing stuff with them. I don’t always wanna play with this type of teen, but it would be nice to acknowledge that some teens just want to hang out with close group and do what they are passionate about (gaming session together, taking vacation together on the weekend, bbq in the garden, collecting stuff together). Sure I can do it right now even by creating a club, but aspiration would make it official and give bonus trait as a result. I find surprising that there is no such thing, but we got socially awkward trait and that sim is supposed feel at ease with closest friends.

I think the same. I made a new sim and she’s just a normal girl. Drama Llama is probably the best but I don’t particularly want her to spread rumours or break up with someone.

An ‘all rounder’ aspiration would be nice. Like the overachiever one but instead of being top of your class and becoming the sports team captain, it could be more about just doing a little bit of everything, making friends at school, getting on with a teacher, attending the job fair and prom etc. Basically be a good student but not the very best one.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I have to confess I looked at the Teen Traits, but not the Teen Aspirations. I gave my Global Superstar's next younger brother the Socially Awkward Trait just for grins and giggles. At least when he speaks into the mirror, he's not getting the Vain Trait, like his famous brother accidentally acquired. (I just thought he may want to practice his speechifying before he earns his next Best Song. My bad.) He drank a potion and it's now gone, phew!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    The T-Pose challenge is a riff on TikTok challenges, and those are definitely a teen thing.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Olalla1986 wrote: »

I think the same. I made a new sim and she’s just a normal girl. Drama Llama is probably the best but I don’t particularly want her to spread rumours or break up with someone.

An ‘all rounder’ aspiration would be nice. Like the overachiever one but instead of being top of your class and becoming the sports team captain, it could be more about just doing a little bit of everything, making friends at school, getting on with a teacher, attending the job fair and prom etc. Basically be a good student but not the very best one.

I like this idea: an aspiration to be a well rounded teen, just winning at a normal happy balanced life, not going to extremes in any direction. The kind of person who strives to keep things in balance.

They could have goals like maintaining a B average, keeping needs from going red, and having at least three good friends, and maybe volunteering in the community, and getting 3 skills to a 5? Something like that.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    The T-Pose challenge is a riff on TikTok challenges, and those are definitely a teen thing.

I noticed some sims standing around in that pose at High School, and remember thinking "Great, they're glitched :( ". Had no idea this was actually a thing.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @Kathykins If you click on them you get T-Pose Challenge options.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yeah, I was playing Ash Harjo, she has one of those aspirations (don't remember, think it was the Teen idol or somesuch). One of the goals was to join a T-pose challenge. I just found it odd. Been a long time since I was a teenager, so I'm possibly a tad out of touch :D