Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 Announcement Likely Imminent!

Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
Jeff Grub, a well-reputable video game journalist has shared:
The Sims 5 is also coming. You’re right. At this thing next month they almost certainly will announce it then. The announce is coming soon and I’ve heard it’s likely next month. That aligns up with what they’re saying.

Expect to hear about The Sims 5 soon. Do not expect to be playing it soon. The game is very long ways off apparently. They’re gonna tell you it’s coming, in the meantime you can enjoy a lot of things in The Sims 4 though.

Read more here: https://simscommunity.info/2022/09/15/the-sims-5-could-be-announced-next-month/

What are your thoughts? Personally, I’m very eager for the next installment. The Sims 4 has dragged on far too long and hasn’t quite captured the magic of The Sims with each and every drawback it possesses. I think developers are certainly going to have to work hard to build player trust in Maxis again, and I really am rooting for them to do well with this next game.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,933 Member
    Yeah i think its gonna be pretty awesome if you could actually take a selfie and make a sim with it ! :wink:

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-sims-5-news-multiplayer-rumors-and-everything-we-know
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    Would be cool if it was announced next month can't wait to see what all is at the summit next month! :)
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    *sighing*
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2022
    I sorta had a feeling it might be getting officially announced soon too based upon the announcement of the "special live stream" they've planned. They made it out like the live stream would be something super important and special with the "Save The Date" video. It's wayyyyy too hyped up just to be a roadmap reveal and "free base game announcement" I think.

Also with them making TS4 base game free permanently, it gave me vibes that TS4 might be ending soon.

My theory is the free base game is to draw in more players to TS4 to get them hooked so they'll naturally be interested in sliding over to TS5 once it's released. Because I know a LOT of players are hesitant or down right against anything with multiplayer (which seems to be the route they're going with according to job postings and speculation) so this might be their way to be snagging some new meat to make up for those players not willing to move to a new version.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • Options
    I sorta had a feeling it might be getting officially announced soon too based upon the announcement of the "special live stream" they've planned. They made it out like the live stream would be something super important and special with the "Save The Date" video. It's wayyyyy too hyped up just to be a roadmap reveal and "free base game announcement" I think.

Also with them making TS4 base game free permanently, it gave me vibes that TS4 might be ending soon.

My theory is the free base game is to draw in more players to TS4 to get them hooked so they'll naturally be interested in sliding over to TS5 once it's released. Because I know a LOT of players are hesitant or down right against anything with multiplayer (which seems to be the route their going with according to job postings and speculation) so this might be their way to be snagging some new meat to make up for those players not willing to move to a new version.
    This cannot be true! I must say that I don't want The Sims 5
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Fingers crossed... I have a lot of love for this franchise, but I feel like no matter what is added to TS4, nothing is making the depth any better. I could do with a teaser of some sort so we have something to look forward to, even if it is a couple of years away.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I hope this is true and they finally announce Sims 5 I'm ready for Sims 4 to end. This game was built on an engine that is obviously to limited to ever give me what I want smarter sims being able to create and edit worlds they will never put the effort to add in cars or fix babies 8 years in and we still don't even have pool tables it's a complete mess.

With that said I hope Sims 5 gets plenty time to be developed right no rushed incomplete base game like Sims 4. So I would not mind a couple more years of Sims 4 :s to give those that are enjoying a few more fan favorites like faries bands romance and dragons before it ends.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I hope this is true and they finally announce Sims 5 I'm ready for Sims 4 to end. This game was built on an engine that is obviously to limited to ever give me what I want smarter sims being able to create and edit worlds they will never put the effort to add in cars or fix babies 8 years in and we still don't even have pool tables it's a complete mess.

With that said I hope Sims 5 gets plenty time to be developed right no rushed incomplete base game like Sims 4. So I would not mind a couple more years of Sims 4 :s to give those that are enjoying a few more fan favorites like faries bands romance and dragons before it ends.
    Please hug me.... *sniff* Chad! *cries quietly*
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2022
    Yeah I am starting to believe this might actually be the case. I hope it is, because I would like to see what's next for the sims even if there might be years left.

There is also the fact that they are going to make the game free. They will get more players by making the game free, but those players are people who didn't want to buy the game in the first place, do they really expect those people to start buying DLC for several years? If money was an issue, then they are not going to buy DLC. If it was because they were not interested, well then then they are probably not going to buy a lot of DLC either.

Then there are other things that hints towards them making a big announcement next month, like the fact that they are calling it "The Sims Summit". They are calling for simmers to watch it, they already own The Sims 4, why would they make a big announcement about making it free for simmers who already own the game? It also sounds too big for just announcing the next season.

People have also apparently found that the new purple logo on their website is named "q3-project-sunrise-plumbob.png" which doesn't sound like a pack. I guess it could be the name of their next season if it's not related to something bigger.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

My theory is the free base game is to draw in more players to TS4 to get them hooked so they'll naturally be interested in sliding over to TS5 once it's released. Because I know a LOT of players are hesitant or down right against anything with multiplayer (which seems to be the route their going with according to job postings and speculation) so this might be their way to be snagging some new meat to make up for those players not willing to move to a new version.
    This cannot be true! I must say that I don't want The Sims 5

You don’t have to buy it…
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Please Don't The Sims 4 is the game that saved my life in my darkest moments. While it is inevitable to move on for the next generation, I hope that atleast we can have 3-4 years more of the game. I wanted to have bands or atleast 3 more occults in the game.

In addition, if TS5 is going to be multiplayer, mods is probably out of the question such as in Simcity. I hope that if TS5 is multiplayer, they can continue building TS4 because I can't see myself transitioning if that is the case.
  • Options
    Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah I am starting to believe this might actually be the case. I hope it is, because I would like to see what's next for the sims even if there might be years left.

There is also the fact that they are going to make the game free. They will get more players by making the game free, but those players are people who didn't want to buy the game in the first place, do they really expect those people to start buying DLC for several years? If money was an issue, then they are not going to buy DLC. If it was because they were not interested, well then then they are probably not going to buy a lot of DLC either.

Then there are other things that hints towards them making a big announcement next month, like the fact that they are calling it "The Sims Summit". They are calling for simmers to watch it, they already own The Sims 4, why would they make a big announcement about making it free for simmers who already own the game? It also sounds too big for just announcing the next season.

People have also apparently found that the new purple logo on their website is named "q3-project-sunrise-plumbob.png" which doesn't sound like a pack. I guess it could be the name of their next season if it's not related to something bigger.

I agree this seems to big to just be the next season, Also want to mention lol even if sims 5 is maybe announced they could pull a Bethesda and not release it for another 4 or 5 years lol sims 4 is all most as old as skyrim :D, I just hope this summit isin't all about kits! :#
  • Options
    I was able to put keyboard player, guitar, a mic and the mixing table to make up a band, that i made sound okay at times.
    I also got thru the darkest period of my life with this simulated city i built. And I feel the Sims 4 will never ever die... and i will never ever play another game, i invested too much time and money into TS4. And im too old to start learning a new game, im not going to buy it even though i am interested in its develeopment... But for the next gen its promising !

@CrazyFrog HUGS @12JEREMIA ;) we'll be fine !
  • Options
    CrazyFrog wrote: »
    I was able to put keyboard player, guitar, a mic and the mixing table to make up a band, that i made sound okay at times.
    I also got thru the darkest period of my life with this simulated city i built. And I feel the Sims 4 will never ever die... and i will never ever play another game, i invested too much time and money into TS4. And im too old to start learning a new game, im not going to buy it even though i am interested in its develeopment... But for the next gen its promising !

@CrazyFrog HUGS @12JEREMIA ;) we'll be fine !
    Thanks CrazyFr- CrazyFrog?! What you doing here?
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm not going to expect much since Sims 5 discourse gets constantly revived like every other month. I'll wait and see if it happens, if not, oh well I'll continue enjoying 4 and looking forward to what DLC they will announce next.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    bidim boom bam badam dam dam dadam
  • Options
    *sighing* I'm not sure what to do! Waiting is too much pressure to do
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i will wait and see need more info on the sims5 before i decide to buy so curently on stand by for more info
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    HillOfTaraHillOfTara Posts: 31 Member
    I'm sort of concerned, the sims 4 is incredibly broken right now, so much is missing and people have paid handfulls to try and get the full experience. Introducing the sims 5 now probably means the sims 4 will never be fixed/improved for the people who spent about 1000 dollars on it.

Will the sims 5 be better? Will it also be missing pools and locking doors for the first year or 2? Is the sims 4 an indication of what we can expect? Because then I would assume that the sims 5 is another drop in quality and freedom.

I hope I'm wrong and the sims 5 will be better and actually meet basic expectations but I fear it won't.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    HillOfTara wrote: »
    I'm sort of concerned, the sims 4 is incredibly broken right now, so much is missing and people have paid handfulls to try and get the full experience. Introducing the sims 5 now probably means the sims 4 will never be fixed/improved for the people who spent about 1000 dollars on it.

Will the sims 5 be better? Will it also be missing pools and locking doors for the first year or 2? Is the sims 4 an indication of what we can expect? Because then I would assume that the sims 5 is another drop in quality and freedom.

I hope I'm wrong and the sims 5 will be better and actually meet basic expectations but I fear it won't.
    I swear, and if I can't get my R&B radio station and anything for The Sims 4 soon, Imma go head and declare that I'm retiring The Sims permanently and stop talking about radio stations and let other simmers talk about what radio stations will be for The Sims 5 and the future TS5 content packs
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Again? They announced it about 3 years ago.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    they said that last year and there was nothing on sims5 so i curently have my doubts on this and the big question is will they rush out sims5 like they did sims4 back in 2014?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    edited September 2022
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member

Not strange at all...he's doubling down on the use of the descriptor "TS4" after that commenter said "all news." A heavy suggestion that the Summit is just focused on TS4.

Pretty explicit, pretty dissapointing.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm hopeful but please no subscription service or forced multiplayer...