Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Top 5 Lot Types

I was just going through my worlds to see what I had in each and have discovered a big imbalance in my community lots! Here are my top 5 quantities:

Park = 11
Bar = 10
Restaurant = 9
Library = 9
Lounge = 6

That seems like an awful lot of certain lots! But somehow, when I want to take my sims somewhere I never seem to have enough places to choose from lol.

So what are your 5 most widespread lot types and which is your least?

My least is the vet clinic - I only have 1, which is in Windenburg.

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,056 Member
    edited July 2022
    Oh dear most of my community lots are in planning stages really :lol: but as for now

1. Bar = 8
    kind of surprising (and funny because i loathe drinking culture irl)
    but its probably because game spawns bars with like every world
    and ive only deleted few of them so far while I am also keeping quite many because they're nice with edits

I have plans to add one more bar I guess
    as I need to add one for windenburg inn as i removed the existing one
    and well we don't have inn lot type so it would still be bar probably

and yes i don't think i will bulldoze werewolves bar when i get that pack

soo more like 10 really I guess is the final number
    as for rest:

Park
    Restaurant
    Lounge
    Community Space
    are all tied at 4 lots each
    its bit problematic
    because I actually use these lot types for lots that do not exist yet as well
    for example restaurant might actually be a hotel,
    park might be arcade
    and community space a tea room

I also have my wedding venues as lounges
    even though there is wedding venue lot type
    because the new lot type is so glitchy i don't really want to meddle with it
    and it really makes no difference to me tbh, well aside from lounge working much better

I have plans for one more actual park currently (san myshuno one)
    I might also add park back for willow creek
    but unsure for now cause these 2 park ideas kind of overlap for me

i might also add occult taco place as restaurant one day but its been unsuccessful so far
    also i have diner but i kinda wanna make one more diner :lol:
    oh and i might add fancy one for windenburg cause well they got lots of munching going on

and ofc i will continue to use these lot types for any lot they suit
    other than that i don't particularily have plans to add these lot types but I probably will

Honorary mention: I only have 1 functional nightclub,
    three that is incomplete (only exterior)
    and 4 in planning stages :lol:
    yeah, i really should get to them nightclubs gosh.
    I've just been putting it off cause its so much work

as for lot type i don't have that would be wedding venue cause its glitchy mess
    I also might delete my only cafe for the same reason it doesn't function right
    the sims keep bothering the heck out of your sims so you can't do a thing
    it'll probably be better off as any possible other lot type really

aaand I don't think I will have more than one of vet clinic idk i just don't think i particularily need many
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    edited July 2022
    Oh I KNOW I've got an imbalance, but this made me curious about how big it is, so I counted.

Top lot type is restaurants at 15 lots.
    I get a lot of use out of them, and will make them multi-purpose. Usually with a cafe attached. I'll also have at least one or two restaurants in a world because I like to have more of a cheaper family place, then a more fancy upscale place for events or dates. I also like having different kinds of restaurants like Italian, seafood, Asian Fusion, Mexican, American, etc. San Myshuno has the most at 3 restaurants, with a diner, a family/cozy rooftop restaurant, and a Very Upscale rooftop restaurant. I don't experience as many problems with DO as some others do, so I don't have an avoidance with them, and it's a decent group activity.

Second highest is bar at 8 lots.
    I don't usually use bars as actual bars though. I find they're a good lot type to use to make movie theaters. Based off the lot requirements, it encourages sims to buy snacks, then go watch a movie. I'll also put some game stuff in there and some vending machines. My bar lot in Britechester is a multi-purpose bar/theater combo.

Parks tied with bars at 8.
    This one actually surprised me a little, since I feel like I don't go to parks all that often. But I do like having them. I've started making them change with the seasons so there's different activities. And in certain worlds like Granite Falls, I've added "ponds" for sims to swim in. In Brindleton during the warmer weather there's a music stage and some food trucks. My park in San Myshuno is massive and has...pretty much everything (a pool, a basketball court, a greenhouse, a playground, a dog training course, lots of places to hang out, that fountain you can play in, and places for sims to graffiti or busk).

4 Cafes.
    This number would be higher if I didn't multi-purpose so many cafes into my restaurants. And one of my cafes doubles as a park. I actually use that lot a lot. I have a cat cafe that allows strays so I can pretend they're supposed to be there/sims can adopt them. And I have an internet cafe where sims can use some computers or are encouraged to bring their laptop or do school work.

3 Karaoke bars.
    I'm surprised this number isn't higher honestly. I've got 2 in San Myshuno (a lower-scale private room one, and a HUGE one with a big stage and then private rooms on the top floor), and one in Mt. Komorebi. I plan on adding a multi-purpose karaoke/movie theater combo lot to Copperdale (hopefully, if it works).

Then I've got 2 lounges, 2 museums, 2 vet clinics, 2 spas, and one mall. These lots exist either for necessity or because I feel like they fit in a certain world. I've got museums and lounges in Brindleton and Del Sol Valley (and that one is necessary), vet clinics in Brindleton and Willow Creek, spas in Del Sol Valley and Sulani, and a mall in Oasis Springs. I don't really use any of these lots.

EDIT: OH I forgot nightclubs!! I've got a few of them but I'm surprised I don't have more. My club in San Myshuno is a really cool rooftop place with a main dance area, bar seating above the dance area so sims can look down, private rooms, hot tubs and a pool with deck chairs for sims to lounge on.

Travelling always feels like a hassle honestly, so either my sims homes provide most entertainment, or I need to make my community lots really appealing to get them out of the house. Having variety with my lots helps that. Also making them multi-purpose helps a ton.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,800 Member
    I haven't counted mine. The one thing that bugs me, however, is that Sulani and Del Sol Valley don't have any eateries! I did turn the park in Del Sol Valley into a restaurant I got from the Gallery. It's a beautiful, atmospheric Asian Food place. I call it the Red Dragon in my game.

Still haven't quite sorted out where to put a restaurant in Sulani. If there is one in Mt. Komorebi, I haven't found it.

I put three in Newcrest, along with several other lot types: Karaoke Bar, Nightclub/concert venue. This was set up to give my budding Rock Star places to hold concerts. Many of the venues I use are from the Gallery. I have built a few of my own, too.

I agree, too many lots are taken up by the same type of lot across the board. Since it's no big thing for our Sims to travel to another 'World' I don't have a problem removing yet another gym, bar, or museum to install something I need in my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,085 Member
    edited July 2022
    Restaurants I have morst, not counted tho, then parks for different purposes , then nightclubs/bars or bowling alleys. I also have outside "gyms" what looks like parks. basketball field and such.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,056 Member
    edited July 2022
    Still haven't quite sorted out where to put a restaurant in Sulani.

in Sulani I have one with my luxury hotel build

but I also have yacht (granted it hardly looks like yacht due to my ship building skill or lack there of) which can be turned either to nightclub or restaurant which i think i forgot to count actually huh.

could also see like nice pier restaurant or maybe the bar could be turned to one
    or maybe pirate ship turned into pirate themed restaurant hmm
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    edited July 2022
    My top five:
    Restaurants & Bars tied (13 each)
    Nightclubs & Lounges tied (8 each)
    Cafés (6)

I knew I had a lot of restaurants, but having the same amount of bars surprised me. I like restaurants much more. I want to have a good selection of nightclubs and I also like lounge lot type, so I was expecting about that many. But another surprise was cafés making it to the list. I think they were tuned lately, but not sure. Hopefully the customer behaviour is not as bad as I remember, seeing how many I have.

Least is:
    beach, vet, onsen, community space, market space & community garden (1 each)
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 951 Member
    13 bars
    10 restaurants and 10 spas
    9 nightclubs
    8 parks

Even though there are many of them it doesn't feel like that because they have different themes and I don't put same things in all of them (but there are a couple of bars that just are there and I hardly ever use them :lol: ). Also one of my nightclubs is a cinema and one bar is more a rollerskater rink and teen hangout, but for technical reasons they are what they are... I have one lounge as a cinema too. I thought I would have had more parks but I have 6 national parks so that maybe explains it.

There's only one onsen bathhouse. I also don't have any community gardens, maker spaces or marketplaces, because I haven't explored how they function yet.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,918 Member
    I'll have to go back and count, but my prediction (I'm absolutely certain, actually) is that my top three are easily restaurants, retail, and spa, in that order. Bars might make it into the top five only because I haven't bothered to delete most of the premades; the same might be true of libraries.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    Still haven't quite sorted out where to put a restaurant in Sulani. If there is one in Mt. Komorebi, I haven't found it.
    In Sulani, I turned the Sand Simoleon beach into a restaurant, it has some great views for romantic meals:
    07-07-22_9-07-20%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
    Then I have Sapphire Shores as a beach instead.

In Mt Komorebi, I turned the Izakaya Ippai into a restaurant.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,392 Member
    edited July 2022
    I have too many saves to count, but I know I have most restaurants and bars. Then cafes and libraries.
    Not sure about the last one if it's parks, gyms or nightclubs. Probably parks.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    edited July 2022
    I think it's something like this:

1. Restaurant (6)
    2. Pool (1)
    3. Park/National Park (0)
    4. Lounge (2)
    5. Cafe(1)/Museum(1)

The numbers in paranthesis are from my newer rotational save.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I never counted. It varies among my many different saves, but I know that bars are most numerous on average. A few of those are really bowling/gaming centers, though. Gym/Spa type places are probably next highest overall. After that probably comes nightclubs (some are bowling alleys). I don't delete any of the parks that came with base game or various packs, but I never put in any new ones. Same with libraries and retail shops, and I may or may not keep existing museums (I prefer Art Centers, but I don't usually have more than one or two in any given save). I only ever have one vet clinic, and usually only one or two restaurants, one karaoke bar, and maybe one or two lounges at most. I have however many cafes that came with Get Together. A few saves have an extra Community Space or two besides the ones in Evergreen Harbor, but some saves have only one or two, and only in Evergreen Harbor. I have no Pools at all (as a separate venue from gyms or spas, that is), so that would be my lowest number. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    @EnkiSchmidt how come you have so few? Do you not have many packs?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Restaurants and bars are tied for first with 12 each.
    Parks are in third with 10, unless National Parks are included in this category. In that case, it would be a three way tie for first.
    Tied for fourth are lounges and libraries with six each.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    edited July 2022
    @elanorbreton Nah, I just misunterpreted your question as "What is your most built venue type". Therefore I didn't count the default venues (but in my defense, I hardly ever visit those, only the gym in San Myshuno). Counting everything that exists in the rotational save, my top five come out as:

1. Bar (12)
    2. Park (7)
    3. Museum and Lounge and Restaurant (6 each)
    4. Gym and Library (5)
    5. Community Center (3) - one was voted into a Crafting center, the other two are still in their default state

Sorry for the confusion!
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    My top five community lot types:
    - restaurant (22 lots)
    - park (12 lots)
    - bar (10 lots)
    - nightclub (5 lots)
    - lounge, café, retail are all tied (4 lots of each)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    @jpajari wow, 22 restaurants! :o
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    @elanorbreton Yep! I have at least one in each world, and I own every pack, so they add up!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,741 Member
    My top five community lot types:

Bar (16 lots)
    Restaurant (15 lots)
    Gym (11 lots)
    Nightclub (7 lots)
    Park (7 lots)

I'm surprised I have so many bars, not so surprised over restaurants and gyms, I like visiting those.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,435 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm perhaps the only one with a plethora of public pools. I love to build them more than any other lot type.

It is also hard to believe that despite of public pools having been patched into the base game we still got nothing more than the one premade pool from Windenburg. In TS3 worlds, pools were always the crown jewels.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,762 Member
    Just going off the top of my head, will check later when in the game.
    I am sure restaurants are first. I like to have a variety with themed menus.
    I have several lounges because I have used that lot type as a comedy club, a movie theater, and I used to use it for a lot of wedding venues.
    Actually now that we have the new venue type I am guessing wedding venue will be high on the list itself. I have one in almost every world.
    And then it's hard to say between park, pool, gym and spa because I mix features of those together so often and I am not sure how I assigned them. My guess is gym and park may make the top five.
    But I can't remember where bars fit. So I am going to say restaurant, wedding venue, lounge, bar, gym and pool are probably the top six.
    I will be interested to see how well my memory did when I get back into the game
  • Options
    Daephene wrote: »
    Actually now that we have the new venue type I am guessing wedding venue will be high on the list itself. I have one in almost every world.
    I really need more wedding venues. I only counted 3 and am currently working on number 4.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

I counted every world I have except Batuu.
    I've lumped them into similar types too.

My top 5 lot types at the moment in quantity:

-Bar/Lounge/Nightclub/Karaoke: 29

-All "Park" Types: 15

-Museum/Library/Art Center: 10

-Fitness: 8

-Restaurant/Café: 7

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    edited July 2022
    haisin wrote: »
    13 bars
    10 restaurants and 10 spas
    9 nightclubs
    8 parks

Even though there are many of them it doesn't feel like that because they have different themes and I don't put same things in all of them (but there are a couple of bars that just are there and I hardly ever use them :lol: ). Also one of my nightclubs is a cinema and one bar is more a rollerskater rink and teen hangout, but for technical reasons they are what they are... I have one lounge as a cinema too. I thought I would have had more parks but I have 6 national parks so that maybe explains it.

There's only one onsen bathhouse. I also don't have any community gardens, maker spaces or marketplaces, because I haven't explored how they function yet.

I was quite pleased with making community spaces, I made one out of the old salt house in San MyShuno. Made all 3 lots ( marketplace, community garden, and maker space about the same, and was so pleased to see sims doing all the activities ) at the same time! There were sims selling different products ( one selling dyes and wax ), and 2 others selling different products, while some were gardening or using maker machines. Also, I had a food stand with picnic tables that was open, and I read somewhere you can have up to two food stands at a community lot, I was pleasantly surprised at how busy it was, how well it worked.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I was quite pleased with making community spaces, I made one out of the old salt house in San MyShuno.
    I did that too! It's a great spot for a community space.