Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Copperdale World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    I am really excited that the theme park is making a comeback - one of my favourite things to do in TS3 was take my Sim families to the theme park in the Roaring Heights world from TS3 store.

I wish we were getting roller coasters again, but I feel like a Ferris Wheel is a nice alternative. Glad the photo booth is returning, too!

I hope kids and adults alike, not just teens, can also use the theme park, so that families can have some place new to have a day out together.

I hope we can put the high school building, which EA is advertising as "fully customisable" in any world, because it would be unrealistic for say, Sims from Strangerville to go to school with kids from Mt. Komorebi. But I hope it functions like a secret lot / world like the Magic Realm or the GTW hospital, because worlds are so small as it is, and I really don't want a high school taking up such precious, limited space.

Even though I hated High School IRL, overall, I'm actually very excited about this pack! It looks like it adds a lot of new and interesting gameplay. I don't have Werewolves, yet, but it seems like after the debacle that was MWS, they've learned their lesson, and Werewolves is much better, and hopefully, High School Years will be, too.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yay, a world thread. My favorite topic when new packs come out.

The carnival pier is what sold me on thus pack. I can't wait to see more.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Have we gotten any confirmation on what part of the country Copperdale is inspired by? I break my worlds into "regions," and sims can only travel regionally without vacationing (for example: Evergreen Harbor, Glimmerbrook and Moonwood Mills are one region). Just mulling over which region to place it in.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I was delighted when I saw the pier! Don't get me wrong, I love the aesthetic of the world in general, but the pier... my face actually lit up when it came on the screen in the trailer! I'm super happy the sims team included a carnival-type experience with this pack. It's icing on the cake for me!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I’m very excited for the new world! It looks like what I was expecting in the werewolf world: woodland lots by a river (except that I was disappointed by the wolf world that we could see abandoned factories from all lots, ruined my nature vibes).

I like the look of the pier, and I’m hoping we get some sort of suburban, close together (as in, sharing a borderline) lots.

Is this our third used-to-be-a-mining-town world? Can we not just have a nice suburban town built on the edge of a forest? I’m sick of run-down mills and abandoned junk left around my towns, it’s too themed.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited July 2022

Is this our third used-to-be-a-mining-town world? Can we not just have a nice suburban town built on the edge of a forest? I’m sick of run-down mills and abandoned junk left around my towns, it’s too themed.

Not exactly, but you're not too far off. Moonwood Mill was a logging town, this is a mining town, and Evergreen Harbor was... some kind of industrial/factory town?

ETA: I don't disagree with your main point, though.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    To me this world kind of gives off Granite Falls Vibes and there is even a snow capped mountain in it. It also looks similar to Glenbrook.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    Have we gotten any confirmation on what part of the country Copperdale is inspired by? I break my worlds into "regions," and sims can only travel regionally without vacationing (for example: Evergreen Harbor, Glimmerbrook and Moonwood Mills are one region). Just mulling over which region to place it in.

Judging only by the photo of that one lot in the beginning of this thread, I'd say northern US or Canada. Mountains in the background, the tall pine trees, the stream... we're definitely in a more northern region of the world. I'd say this and Moonwood Mills could definitely be in the same region.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Copperdale reminds me of the Canadian Klondike Northwest Territories. And as a Canadian, I'm very very excited & pleased by this new world. ;):p<3
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    You can't go wrong with a world that has four distinct seasons. They just have more personality. I was getting excited about the possibility of getting a desert world after the roadmap promo dropped because it fit the theme and we don't have many of them. Now that I know it's not that, I'm not sad or disappointed either. It looks gorgeous and it gives me an excuse to dress my sims up in all those cute autumn and winter outfits.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    You can't go wrong with a world that has four distinct seasons. They just have more personality. I was getting excited about the possibility of getting a desert world after the roadmap promo dropped because it fit the theme and we don't have many of them. Now that I know it's not that, I'm not sad or disappointed either. It looks gorgeous and it gives me an excuse to dress my sims up in all those cute autumn and winter outfits.

I was sort of expecting a desert world too and I still think we might get one in the future because there's a poster in the trailer with a similar cacti and sun design.

YAyAtqq.jpg

Anyway, here's an overview of the carnival pier. I love that we finally have an ice cream stand, can't wait to add it to Tartosa.

GXMRAuR.jpg
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    In my mind, it definitely feels like it's more up north than Evergreen Harbor, like in a more selcuded area. But that's without any other context than the trailer. Hope we see a map soon.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited July 2022
    Screenshot-20220701-122158-You-Tube.jpg

Here you can see some of the community.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited July 2022
    If it's a mining town, it could be Virginia. There are lots of coal mining towns there. Really anywhere in the Appalachian area. Tennessee has lots of lakes due to TVA. The evergreens might just mean it's a high altitude.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Since in my headmap I either need to move Brindleton Bay to the "wrong" coast to group it with Evergreen harbor or else leave it by its lonesome, I'm going to headmap Copperdale to be slightly to the south and inland of Brindleton Bay. So ... Pensylvania-ish.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Since in my headmap I either need to move Brindleton Bay to the "wrong" coast to group it with Evergreen harbor or else leave it by its lonesome, I'm going to headmap Copperdale to be slightly to the south and inland of Brindleton Bay. So ... Pensylvania-ish.

Yeah, I have been thinking the same thing--I group San Myshuno, Brindleton Bay, and Forgotten Hollow in one region (FG is reimagined as a Salem-esque Halloween tourist town since I don't play occults) and I think it'll fit with those.
  • Options
    There's an abandoned house in the woods. Love the look of the lake. I also saw in the trailer what looked like rabbit hole restaurant/diner. Wonder if there will be lots of such rabbit holes in this world.

vSeXRMO.jpg
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I wonder if the haunted house will be like the one in Sims3, where there is a chance of a sim going through it to become a ghost temporarily?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I wonder how many lots it has ? At least 7.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    There's an abandoned house in the woods. Love the look of the lake. I also saw in the trailer what looked like rabbit hole restaurant/diner. Wonder if there will be lots of such rabbit holes in this world.

vSeXRMO.jpg

I was wondering if they added Greg there
    well, not greg but some type of npc to make it worth visit like ghost or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

vSeXRMO.jpg

I was wondering if they added Greg there
    well, not greg but some type of npc to make it worth visit like ghost or something

In the trailer Molly puts her hand on her chest like she's scared of something but who knows if there's more to this shack than just looks.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2022
    For me, this world has a USA east coast feel to it (especially with the carnival pier). I'm thinking somewhere along the coast of the New England states (Connecticut, Massachusetts, etc) along the Adirondacks. Either that or maybe it's further south like Maryland or Virginia along the Appalachians?

Anyways, it looks beautiful. Especially that one lot in SimGuruAsh's tweet above... wow!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    For me, this world has a USA east coast feel to it (especially with the carnival pier). I'm thinking somewhere along the coast of the New England states (Connecticut, Massachusetts, etc). Either that or maybe it's further south like Maryland or Virginia?

Anyways, it looks beautiful. Especially that one lot in SimGuruAsh's tweet above... wow!

Now that you mention Virginia it does have that Mid-Atlantic feel. I was looking at it earlier and getting sort of Nova Scotia vibes, maybe. My memories of pictures and videos of that part of the world may be a bit hazy too.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2022
    For me, this world has a USA east coast feel to it (especially with the carnival pier). I'm thinking somewhere along the coast of the New England states (Connecticut, Massachusetts, etc). Either that or maybe it's further south like Maryland or Virginia?

Now that you mention Virginia it does have that Mid-Atlantic feel. I was looking at it earlier and getting sort of Nova Scotia vibes, maybe. My memories of pictures and videos of that part of the world may be a bit hazy too.

Except I don't think Canada has any kind of permanently setup open-air carnival piers on either of its coastlines (although I'm not 100% sure on that)? The seasonal weather seems far too drastic in the North Atlantic (-30 celsius temps in the winter, heavy snowfall, and crazy Nor'Easter blizzards/windstorms).

Yeah... I'm a bit of a geography nerd. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Except I don't think Canada has any kind of permanently setup open-air carnival piers on either of its coastlines (although I'm not 100% sure on that)? The seasonal weather seems far too drastic in the North Atlantic (-30 celsius temps in the winter, heavy snowfall, and crazy Nor'Easter blizzards/windstorms).

Yeah... I'm a bit of a geography nerd. :D

You are right, they probably don't and I was thinking of the Canadian Maritimes earlier, before you mentioned Virginia. That helped me zero in on what I couldn't quite figure out. It reminded of a region but I couldn't for the life of me think of where.

ETA: It was your reference to the Appalachians that really sealed it for me.