Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonwood Mill Library

This lot is such a fantastic structure but... a library? It just doesn't seem to suit the building. The furnishings are just not right in there, IMO.
Can the werewolf books be accessed from any library in any town? For getting the lunar epiphany ability

Has anyone kept the structure but made it something else? If so, what? I'm thinking a maker space would suit it best.

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,124 Member
    edited June 2022
    gonna make werehouse residential most likely for wildfangs

and create new library elsewhere

but I think if i set it as community lot it would also make cool nightclub with stage n stuff or rather more of "fightclub" kinda venue with like gym stuff and "fighting ring" vibes

ooor then there could be like criminal activity..... im really just bouncing same idea off million walls aren't I :lol:

okay i try to think maybe it could be ummm art gallery? theres lots of werewolf art :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,605 Member
    @Simmingal ooh I like the idea of a gym with fighting ring. Could probably create a fake ring using a platform, some fencing (with a gap, alas) and the No Sweat, No Fuss rug. Sims could spar in the ring, or add a punch bag. And, yes, making it into a criminal kind of place would be awesome too.

Thanks so much for such wonderful ideas!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited June 2022
    Not sure what I will do with it I am using for now as if as I am gonna tear it all down. Maybe a spa could go there with a reading area...
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,333 Member
    It's a gym also, it probably should be tagged generic lot but I'm going to keep it how it's tagged because a werewolf is the librarian. I liked how the werewolves came to sit in the book area when my active sim came in. It was like they were coming to spy on why he was there.

I added a motel rental lot from SimLicy off the gallery which I feel makes sense that nobody would live there but maybe they got stranded or wanted to solve a mystery and needed a place to stay for a few nights in a scary town.

06-17-22-2-33-30-AM.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited June 2022
    It's very useful for a rags to riches sim who can't use the werewolf bunker. I removed the giant telescope and replaced it with a dumpster. Snuck in a grill too but ended up ordering free chips from the bar instead.

James pretty much starts a new rags to riches series every EP (GP in this case). I can imagine that was part of his thought process since it does fit the theme with the distressed BB and CAS items. The team probably asked for a library so he combined the two.

Now I'm curious if you can find werewolf lore books in any library lot.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CadeenCadeen Posts: 1 New Member
    I understand what you mean when you question the lot being a library. The lot has a gym and is a great little community lot, if you'd want it to be one. However, if you decide to renovate the lot, I'd suggest put the name as "Moonwood Mill Hangout" and leave it officially as a library. I say leave the lot as a library to get more sims on the lot but name the lot as a hangout to make it sound more fitting to what the lot type should be if we had that type of lot. Happy simming, hope this helps!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,922 Member
    I changed mine to a residential lot early on, and moved in the Wildfangs and some of the premades from the trailer that ended up on the gallery. I ripped out most of the objects, and took away most of the household funds, as sort of a modified rags to riches scenario.

It's worked out pretty well for me, but I really felt like those guys needed a place to live. I could also see it working out very well as a maker space or a rec center. Those seem like the most versatile options, and with so few lots in the world, versatile is probably the best way to go.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    It would also be good as a Rec Centre or Community Space. Depends if you want it more for fun or practical reasons.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,605 Member
    Well, this is an old thread!

@EmmaVane I actually did turn this lot into a run-down rec centre after growing tog came out. It really suits it.
    @Simmingal I also added the fight ring to the lot after your post above, it looks great and it's still set up that way after all this time. And, of course, rec centres need a gym area so it turned out perfect for me.