Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonpetal Punch & Wolf-B-Gone

PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
Can't figure out how to know Moonpetal Punch & Wolf-B-Gone recipes for the bar, from the Werewolves Game Pack. Can somebody please tell me how to know both of them? Thank you to anybody who helps me.
Post edited by PrfctAngl673 on

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I haven't gotten too far in this pack, but most likely one of two things. Either it will be unlocked at a certain Mixology Skill or unlocked when your sim studies up on Werewolves. I'm guessing this because to unlock the Plasma Punch, that was a requirement in Vampires.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    My guy is maxed out in the mixology skill. If you find out, please let me know. Still trying to figure out how to unlock both recipes. I didn't see anything about reading up on Werewolves.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, you need to find the diary by having a werewolf scavenge the ground. Then have a werewolf with Lunar Epiphany ability read it. There's a random chance that they'll learn a recipe from there, both of those drinks included.
  • Options
    Thanks EgonVM! I'll try that now.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Question, do you scavenge the ground anywhere? Is the diary, "The Diary of Greggorius Lunvik the right one because if it is, how do you give it to another werewolf with Lunar Epiphany ability read it?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Hope somebody with knowledge can answer my above question.
    Edit: Just thought I'd mention in case anybody else is wondering how to know both recipes, that is the correct diary & I just kept having my werewolf read it till it said they knew both recipes. Also found out your werewolf can know the Grilled Luna fish for the grill too. Didn't know that recipe was there.
  • Options
    Question, do you scavenge the ground anywhere? Is the diary, "The Diary of Greggorius Lunvik the right one because if it is, how do you give it to another werewolf with Lunar Epiphany ability read it?

Scavenge Moonwood Mill.

You are going to need a werewolf to be in the household. If they don't have Lunar Epiphany, have them read werewolf books to unlock it.
  • Options
    Thanks EgonVM, I got it now. I was getting tired of trying to figure it out, but, at least I know how to unlock all 3 recipes.
  • Options
    Karatekid2019Karatekid2019 Posts: 7 New Member
    Has anyone been able to unlock the wolf b gone recipe my sims have the book they keep reading all sim weekend but still not unlocked
  • Options
    I unlocked it. I saved the book in a room in my library & I kept putting the room in as many times as needed & had my sim read each copy until the recipe unlocked.
  • Options
    hydmanhydman Posts: 1 New Member
    how many times do I have to read this diary
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Not confirmed but I think you have a higher chance of finding the diary if you use scavenge outside Gregg’s trailer.
  • Options
    hydman wrote: »
    how many times do I have to read this diary

Well, it is random whether you unlock it or not. Depends on your luck.

If you get bored of the diary, you may try other secret werewolf books like A History of Moonwood Mill, An Insider's Guide to Being a Werewolf, and WE'RE Living Magazine (all of them found while scavenging in Moonwood Mill). While the unlock text might be different, you can unlock those three secret recipes through these books too (plus you may learn other secrets like some underground secrets).
    RySBI wrote: »
    Not confirmed but I think you have a higher chance of finding the diary if you use scavenge outside Gregg’s trailer.

Maybe... I kept finding a lot of those diaries in the Howling Point though... Perhaps sometimes the game likes to throw something more at you than at other times... But still, it could be a possibility (that a look into tuning files could confirm I think).
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    My sim just managed to unlock the moon petal punch. I had her made the drink and she immediately drank it before I could stop her. She now has a +1 fine moodlet. Is that all the moonpetal punch does?

Now on to rereading the diary in the hope of finding the wolf-b-gone potion.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited September 2022
    @Atreya33 I think it resets wolf temperaments and/or perks?
    edit: it's eating the moonpetal itself that resets werewolf abilities. the punch is to reduce fury.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    @Atreya33 I think it resets wolf temperaments and/or perks?
    edit: it's eating the moonpetal itself that resets werewolf abilities. the punch is to reduce fury.

Oh, the drink reduces fury? That's great. I think my sim will make a lot of them from now on.

And yes, eating moonpetal resets the perks. I already done that too.