Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant menu examples/pics

Hi everyone! Can you show me photos and examples what kind of menus your restaurants have. Recently I have been getting exited to create many kind of restaurants in the game and I just can´t get enough of how creative you can get with it. You can show both no cc and with cc versions, thanks.

This is one of my starter restaurant menu´s. Most foods are on level 1 and it´s pretty simple brunch styled menu.

52119381970_3964c4d68a_o.pngmenuexample1

52118881226_e209ea0fa9_o.pngmenuexample2

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I have set up my restaurants to serve food according to the theme. I have an experimental restaurant that serves those experimental dishes and wine, a seafood restaurant that serves mostly fish dishes, a pizzeria that serves pizza and soft drinks, a diner that serves hot dogs and hamburgers and cola type drinks, a german restaurant that serves beer and steaks and sausages and stuff. I also used to have a restaurant that served icecream only.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have set up my restaurants to serve food according to the theme. I have an experimental restaurant that serves those experimental dishes and wine, a seafood restaurant that serves mostly fish dishes, a pizzeria that serves pizza and soft drinks, a diner that serves hot dogs and hamburgers and cola type drinks, a german restaurant that serves beer and steaks and sausages and stuff. I also used to have a restaurant that served icecream only.

All of those sound great. Pizzeria is definitely something I want to do. I just could only find 2 pizza options but maybe more will open later when chef gets better or?
  • Options
    Jadeleine wrote: »

All of those sound great. Pizzeria is definitely something I want to do. I just could only find 2 pizza options but maybe more will open later when chef gets better or?

For restaurant I think it's only two pizza options. You can get more from the pizza food stand or delivery.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have these in my game:

Seafood restaurant, serving fish dishes
    McSims, serving burgers etc
    Alien restaurant serving experimental/Batuu foods
    A fancy restaurant serving all the expensive stuff
    Olde English Pub with beef wellington, cottage pie, shepherds pie, bangers and mash, fish and chips etc.
    Indian restaurant with curry etc

None of these are owned restaurants though.

• Options

For restaurant I think it's only two pizza options. You can get more from the pizza food stand or delivery.

Okay, that would be awesome update on the game to make pizzas available. Maybe even pizza oven.
  • Options
    I have these in my game:

Seafood restaurant, serving fish dishes
    McSims, serving burgers etc
    Alien restaurant serving experimental/Batuu foods
    A fancy restaurant serving all the expensive stuff
    Olde English Pub with beef wellington, cottage pie, shepherds pie, bangers and mash, fish and chips etc.
    Indian restaurant with curry etc

None of these are owned restaurants though.

All of these sound nice too. Thanks for the ideas.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    edited June 2022
    Some restaurant themes in my game
    -Sushi only
    -Vegetarian asian food
    -Vietnamese serving pho and bahn mi
    -Selvadorado food
    -Indian
    -Farm to table serving breads, soups, salads, quiches, and only 3 entrees like lamb, roast chicken...
    -Italian w/pasta, aubergine parm..
    -Burgers w/soft drinks& ice cream
    -Health nut serving only the low cal options like superfood salad,chickpea mac,and tilapia
    Post edited by Reaganbogan on
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Let's see...

1) I changed the tiny park in downtown Del Sol Valley to a taco truck with outside seating. (It's also still sort of a small park, as it has benches, music and a small dance floor, and an outside chess table.) It's pretty great, if I do say so myself. Great for families, meeting new friends, or grabbing a bite after clubbing.

2) Sort of a pan-Asian restaurant, also in downtown Del Sol Valley. It serves mostly Chinese food, with some Vietnamese dishes. (It also served sushi until we got Snowy Escape, when I removed those options and created a full Japanese restaurant in Mount Komorebi.) I tend to use this for first dates or family special occasions.

3) A vegetarian restaurant called Thymes Gone By (yes, it's cheesy, don't judge me because I love it!) in the heart of Old Town Windenburg. It's right by the big fountain, I think in the building that used to be a dance club or something? If I had to choose, this is probably my favorite. I love to take big groups of family or friends here, especially for brunch.

4) A fancy seafood restaurant by the docks on the island in Windenburg. I tend to use this for first dates and anniversaries.

5) Technically it's a bakery, but I also have a bakery-cafe on the small lot on the island with inside and outside dining space.

6) In Brindleton Bay, I changed the bar into a more casual/family dining seafood restaurant with the less-fancy fish dishes.

7) In Newcrest, I took the Maxis-created lots that were added to our libraries (I'm pretty sure), for the high-end experimental restaurant (special occasions and celebrations), the Italian restaurant (mostly romantic evenings), and the restaurant that seemed to me like a trendy mid-range brunch place (friend brunches and networking meals), and tweaked the decor and menus slightly to fit my needs better.

8) In Oasis Springs, I have a diner that serves classic diner food, Tex-Mex dishes, doughnuts, and ice cream, basically. It's basically a social hub for Oasis Springs.

9) Again, not quite a restaurant, but I created a retail lot in Henford, just off the main square, that is a small grocery store, but also has a kitchen (blocked off by the counters with a cash register and a back door locked for customers) that has a small eat-in area inside and a picnic table outside, and customers have access to the retail cooler for precooked meals. I.e., it's meant to be a grocery/takeaway cafe with pub food.

10) In Willow Creek, I have a restaurant that is Southern/homestyle cooking in one of the buildings in the most expensive neighborhood that was originally a lounge or a bar, I think. The kind of place you would go with your family or friends right after church on Sunday, for those of you who are familiar with that sort of thing.

11) In San Myshuno, I turned the karaoke bar into a restaurant that is a mishmash of different cultural influences in the decor, menu, and attire. Basically, I put on the menu everything that that didn't have enough related dishes to make a full restaurant elsewhere. The downstairs is the main restaurant space, plus a hookah room; the upstairs has a coffee bar, a reading area, and a meeting space with a podium and seating. Basically, it's meant to replicate places I have seen in cities where I have lived that are part restaurant (often co-op/activist group-owned), part community meeting space, part library/resource center.

I think that's pretty much it. I would love to put a restaurant in Tartosa, but probably don't have space. Same goes for some of the other neighborhoods. If there were room, I would totally do a meat-only restaurant in Moonwood Mill and a plasma cafe in Forgotten Hollow. Maybe someday we'll get a big spooky world, and I can either do both or at least combine those ideas.
  • Options
    Some restaurant themes in my game
    -Sushi only
    -Vegetarian asian food
    -Vietnamese serving pho and bahn mi
    -Selvadorado food
    -Indian
    -Farm to table serving breads, soups, salads, quiches, and only 3 entrees like lamb, roast chicken...
    -Italian w/pasta, aubergine parm..
    -Burgers w/soft drinks& ice cream
    -Health nut serving only the low cal options like superfood salad,chickpea mac,and tilapia

Thanks for these too. I didn´t realise there is Selvadorado food too. Awesome.
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Let's see...

Thanks for these too, sounds awesome.

• Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Let's see...

Thymes Gone By

Just so you know I'm stealing this. I love it. Just the right amount of cheesy.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I decided to make a list of restaurants to make. I also added couple of my own ideas, feel free to use them! Keep your ideas coming, love them. I have this topic favorited so I will read and get notified. Thank you very much everyone.

This is a lot but all of them are not going to be in the same save tough. I have ongoing legacy and rotational. My legacy family is building some commercial lots and rotational, they build and own restaurants and bakeries.

- Seafood Restaurant
    - Bohemian Health Place
    - Diner with burgers and ice cream
    - Countryside homecooks
    - Batuu experimentals
    - Fancy French Restaurant
    - Tradiotional Italian
    - Kebab and Falafels
    - Tropical Grilled Goods truck
    - European Modern Brunch place
    - Gothic Restaurant for Vampires

Downloaded from other wonderful creators:

- Indian
    - Mexican
    - Pizzeria
    - Vegetarian
    - Japanese
    - Asian

Post edited by Jadeleine on
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2022
    I made an open air ice cream parlour for the empty lot on WB island. It's called Captain Cones and has a pirate theme and swimwear dress code. Great for kids parties. It only serves ice cream and cold drinks (plus cake options on the tables). It has a pirate ship for the kids to play on.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    That sounds great!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2022
    I enjoy having different type of restaurants and have quite many in my game. I have placed different experimental food in each so that for someone wanting to learn them all, they would need to be a true culinarist and travel all over the world. I prefer to keep the menus small. Usually 2 rows for drinks, 1 row for appetisers, 2 rows for dinner options and 1 row for desserts. I find this helps with giving the restaurants their own feel. I think focusing on brunch etc. would further give me options to differentiate them.

1) Willow Creek has an asian restaurant. It's pretty basic, but also has a karaoke and a massage room. Great for dates and family gatherings.

2) There are two restaurants in Oasis Springs. The first one is a beach bar type of restaurant mostly serving grilled food. It's a fun place to go to, there's slip n' slide on the yard and sims use swimwear.

3) The second restaurant in Oasis Springs is a newly opened mexican restaurant with lots of outdoor dining space. I'm saving up money to maybe buy this restaurant with one of my sims.

4) Newcrest as well has two restaurants. The first one is a filthy diner with and outdoor cinema. Sims usually throw up after they eat there. Teens like to hang out there.

5) Newcrest's other restaurant is probably my most popular restaurant. It's a hipster style vegetarian place in an old factory. They're specialiced in home baked bread and tea, but also serve food.

6) Magnolia Promenade has a small restaurant for meat lovers. It has a bar vibe and the waiters wear cowboy hats.

7) In Windenburg there's a lovely italian restaurant Candle Garden. It's on a deck by the river, but sheltered. Also a favourite place to go to.

8) San Myshuno has a very fancy rooftop restaurant. It's popular among celebrities and the place to go if you want to impress someone. Formal outfits only.

9) There's a restaurant in Forgotten Hollow too! It's called the Garlic Sanctuary. It hosts both regular sims and vampire sims, but regular sims can go upstairs there there are garlic wreaths to hopefully protect them from being bitten.

10) Brindleton Bay rightfully has a seafood restaurants on the docks. Nice and casual place to grab some breakfast.

11) In Del Sol Valley there's an indian style restaurant. It's rather fancy too, but has been less popular this far.

I think that's all of my restaurants. I don't have any in the newer worlds because I wanted the space there for other lots and already had so many different type of restaurants. I always want to make my restaurants better and may replace some if I get new ideas.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I made an open air ice cream parlour for the empty lot on WB island. It's called Captain Cones and has a pirate theme and swimwear dress code. Great for kids parties. It only serves ice cream and cold drinks (plus cake options on the tables). It has a pirate ship for the kids to play on.

I have an ice cream/doughnut restaurant in Oasis Springs but this is such a good idea. 💡👍
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    I enjoy having different type of restaurants and have quite many in my game...

Awesome! I never tought of those garlics could work like that. Placing Vampire restaurant in Midnight Hollow is great idea too. Thanks!

• Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I have an ice cream/doughnut restaurant in Oasis Springs but this is such a good idea. 💡👍

There is never too much ice cream or dougnuts lol.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    I enjoy having different type of restaurants and have quite many in my game. I have placed different experimental food in each so that for someone wanting to learn them all, they would need to be a true culinarist and travel all over the world. I prefer to keep the menus small. Usually 2 rows for drinks, 1 row for appetisers, 2 rows for dinner options and 1 row for desserts. I find this helps with giving the restaurants their own feel. I think focusing on brunch etc. would further give me options to differentiate them.

1) Willow Creek has an asian restaurant. It's pretty basic, but also has a karaoke and a massage room. Great for dates and family gatherings.

2) There are two restaurants in Oasis Springs. The first one is a beach bar type of restaurant mostly serving grilled food. It's a fun place to go to, there's slip n' slide on the yard and sims use swimwear.

3) The second restaurant in Oasis Springs is a newly opened mexican restaurant with lots of outdoor dining space. I'm saving up money to maybe buy this restaurant with one of my sims.

4) Newcrest as well has two restaurants. The first one is a filthy diner with and outdoor cinema. Sims usually throw up after they eat there. Teens like to hang out there.

5) Newcrest's other restaurant is probably my most popular restaurant. It's a hipster style vegetarian place in an old factory. They're specialiced in home baked bread and tea, but also serve food.

6) Magnolia Promenade has a small restaurant for meat lovers. It has a bar vibe and the waiters wear cowboy hats.

7) In Windenburg there's a lovely italian restaurant Candle Garden. It's on a deck by the river, but sheltered. Also a favourite place to go to.

8) San Myshuno has a very fancy rooftop restaurant. It's popular among celebrities and the place to go if you want to impress someone. Formal outfits only.

9) There's a restaurant in Forgotten Hollow too! It's called the Garlic Sanctuary. It hosts both regular sims and vampire sims, but regular sims can go upstairs there there are garlic wreaths to hopefully protect them from being bitten.

10) Brindleton Bay rightfully has a seafood restaurants on the docks. Nice and casual place to grab some breakfast.

11) In Del Sol Valley there's an indian style restaurant. It's rather fancy too, but has been less popular this far.

I think that's all of my restaurants. I don't have any in the newer worlds because I wanted the space there for other lots and already had so many different type of restaurants. I always want to make my restaurants better and may replace some if I get new ideas.

These Restaurant choices sound really great! If you find the time, I would be so happy if you could write down the names of these lots and the names of the creators. I'm always on the search for new cool Restaurants for my Simmies. :)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    @mrs_starkey Sure I'll do my best, hope I got the names right. I've edited some because they've been in my game for a long time. Uploaded my version of a couple.

1) Family Asian Restaurant by musteni

2) The Beach Bar by TheGreatSimphony

3) Uno, Dos, Restaurante! by neko_cari

4) Mock Mel's Drive-In Diner by mommataurus2 (my version Newcrest Diner by musteni)

5) Factory Restaurant by XSimmer

6) PIG STY'S BBQ by cindyartist3

7) Candle Garden by umao070 (my version Candle Garden by musteni)

8) Stargazer Restaurant by EPaffrath

9) The Garlic Sanctuary by musteni

10) The Salty Crab by Malisity

11) The White Elephant by Xinqun
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    @mrs_starkey Sure I'll do my best, hope I got the names right. I've edited some because they've been in my game for a long time. Uploaded my version of a couple.

1) Family Asian Restaurant by musteni

2) The Beach Bar by TheGreatSimphony

3) Uno, Dos, Restaurante! by neko_cari

4) Mock Mel's Drive-In Diner by mommataurus2 (my version Newcrest Diner by musteni)

5) Factory Restaurant by XSimmer

6) PIG STY'S BBQ by cindyartist3

7) Candle Garden by umao070 (my version Candle Garden by musteni)

8) Stargazer Restaurant by EPaffrath

9) The Garlic Sanctuary by musteni

10) The Salty Crab by Malisity

11) The White Elephant by Xinqun

Thank you so very much!!! :smiley:
  • Options

These names are awesome, thanks!
  • Options
    How about a werewolf restaurant! I think it would be awesome.
  • Options
    How about a werewolf restaurant! I think it would be awesome.

Do they really need a restaurant for raw meat? More like a supermarket. :lol:
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Here is parts of the menu from one of my restaurants.

2022-022.png

2022-017.png

2022-018.png

2022-019.png

2022-020.png

2022-021.png