Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On which device do you play The Sims 4? 👨‍💻

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 175 Member
    I have nothing else to play Sims with than a MacBook, so I am using this.
  • Options
    Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 29 Member
    My son, and I play on PC
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Desktop PC. I never played any Sims game on console.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    JAYSIMMS2004JAYSIMMS2004 Posts: 31 Member
    I either play on my HP desktop with Windows 11 I purchased last year or my Macbook Pro. I tried it on my PS5 but it sucks
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Desktop PC for the most part, 23 years or so of them. Have lost count of the PCs that have been bought, lived playing Sims (among other, more regular tasks), and gone on to where computers go when expired. I do have one, original OS having been Windows 98, that has my TS1 and one of my TS2 installations, but the hard drive is showing its age so is not used much now. Also have 1 laptop for use when traveling that also has Sims on it. That one has been sleeping since the end of July.
  • Options
    haggis1969haggis1969 Posts: 30 Member
    Desktop always for me. Got a new one yesterday as last was old (and constantly crashing) so decided to upgrade - memory, processor and to SSD. Started downloading all my content again - then after three hours realised I could just import it over from my old PC. Can't believe the difference new PC makes (or what I plank I was re-downloading!)
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Desktop PC for me, always. My old laptop can't even run solitaire properly. I have played sims on PS2 back in the day, but haven't done that in quite some time.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Desktop pc---wouldn't have it any other way
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    I have Sims 3 on my old PC that was designed with that in mind. I have Sims 4 on my Intel style iMac with a 27" screen, which is why I won't replace it unless it dies. (New iMacs have smaller screens.)

Previous Sims games were a nightmare on Mac compared to PC. But, at least in my opinion, Sims 4 runs better on a Mac. The only issues I have had were verified bugs that were a problem for everyone. Otherwise, it has been smooth running. I have been starting up on Origin, though, so far. I have no idea how a new app startup will affect my game. Not looking forward to that ... I just want my game to keep working great the way it has been.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 26
    I run it on a 2021 Lenovo IdeaCentre 5i Creator Edition
    • 10th gen i5
    • Nvidia GTX1660 SUPER (6GB VRAM)
    • 12GB of RAM (which will be upgraded soon due to Life by You requiring 16)
    • 200GB SSD
    • 1TB HDD

One thing I like about TS4 over older games is its ability to run on PCs that are what nerds call a "potato"--very old machines with pretty basic specs can still run everything at its lowest setting. I used to run it on old refurbs with 3rd gen i5s and i7s and just 8 GB of RAM.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I technically play Sims 4 on a 2021 M1 Macbook Air and Sims 2 on a 2018 Macbook Pro running a Windows 11 partition. They were both purchased new and are still running great.

I say technically because they are both set up on a sort of dock on my desk, hooked to a huge monitor and custom keyboard that my husband set up for me a couple years ago as a birthday present. I can bring either up on the large monitor and play like a desktop.The setup is especially ideal for building. I can put Sims 4 on the big monitor and bring up Sims 2 or online references on the Pro's screen to look at. And if I get tired of sitting at my desk, I just unhook my M1 from the dock and take it in the living room.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I use my laptop now but am getting a new desktop this summer and I'll be mostly playing from that. I just don't like having a laptop and I thought I would.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    Playstation 5 with a mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    My Deep Space Vessel.
    I play Sims 4 on my HAL 9000 computer aboard Discovery One.
    QZFG4Qu.jpeg

Checking the packs and kits...
    thumb.jpg

Disconnecting from online mode before a patch...
    hal-9000-shutdown.jpg

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Great movie shots! Thanks for the memories. Saw that decades ago in Chicago while on boot camp liberty.
  • Options
    Jane22Jane22 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm playing on the MacBook I've had for a while, but I would really like to get a desktop PC and a proper gaming setup at some point.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Checking the packs and kits...
    thumb.jpg

The shade is strong with this one. :lol:
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I have a gaming laptop but I usually play on steam deck since it’s easier to bring around with me.