Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On which device do you play The Sims 4? πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»

Β«1
On which device do you play The Sims 4? πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»
If you play on more than one, choose the option you play on most.

This poll is anonymous. No one will see what you voted for πŸ•΅οΈβ€β™‚οΈ
f40e1910c8232250a2447d3c40e9d46a5c1934f1.pnj
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

On which device do you play The Sims 4? πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’» 173 votes

Desktop PC
62% 108 votes
Desktop Mac
1% 2 votes
MacBook
4% 7 votes
Laptop/Notebook
27% 48 votes
Console
4% 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 46 Member
    Me too! I love to be able to take my sims with me whereever i am, so laptop works best for me!! Although my graphics arent always the best in the sims 4 laptop, Definitely one benefit of playing the sims 3 more often, these newer laptops handle the top graphics settings super well for me!
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I play on a very old Windows 7 desktop PC (it's far over ten years old) and it handles Sims 4 surprisingly well.
    Even though I own all the packs (but no mods/CC).
    There are some minor issues but I'm able to play on highest settings and there are no lags (only when opening the cooking menu ^^')
    1a16516b139c509e51ff8ae46d3e855d2b04c577.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    I had very low spec laptop 2014-2019
    it was already low specs when I bought it and I was always playing with lowest everything
    but eventually it just died completely so I got excuse to buy new computer

so I updated to Desktop PC in 2020 summer
    which was good at the time but now its starting to run out of RAM and all that fun stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited March 3
    I play on an PC laptop. It’s not a gaming computer, but a pretty good Dell with a dedicated Nvidia graphics card, adequate RAM and plenty of storage. I like having the ability to take my game with me, or to stretch out on the bed for a long play session. I can run the game on high settings, but usually customize the graphics some to boost performance a bit.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Desktop that I built myself - Windows 11
    Recently upgraded CPU & GPU. Overkill for Sims but I play other games.
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have a MSI Stealth gaming laptop. It runs Sims and other games nicely.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I started playing Sims 4 on an HP Desktop PC Windows 7 back in 2014 & then upgraded to Windows 8 back in 2017. After my HP PC died I had to get a new Desktop PC. :'( It seems it's not wise to try to keep your computer after 10 years & expect it to last longer. Lol :D Anyways, I now have a new Desktop PC with an Acer Monitor, a Nitro 50 with Windows 11 that I got in 2023. :p I just have to remind myself to replace it in 2031. I figured 8 years should do it. ;)
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Desktop PC (primarily). I also have it on an M1 MacBook.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Laptop, PC
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I play on a desktop Mac (MacMini) which is for my work, so not chosen for gaming specs at all. It’s now over 5 years old and still plays TS2, TS3 and TS4 pretty well. I kind of wish I had a laptop though, as then I wouldn’t be forced to play in one fixed location. But then again, that’s probably a good thing, as otherwise I might not get any of my other hobbies done… :)
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Laptop. I miss the days of having a desktop PC but my life right now doesn't permit having those.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I play on a gaming laptop and will soon be upgrading to a desktop.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Desktop that I built myself - Windows 11
    Recently upgraded CPU & GPU. Overkill for Sims but I play other games.

Same except had someone build for me. :smile:
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    A window 11 laptop, not a gaming laptop but it has a dedicated graphics card. I realise a desktop would probably be more performant, but a laptop has practical advantages in real life.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Desktop PC. It's about 7 years old and nothing special, but it is still working well enough :smile:
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    Windows 10 Dell Inspiron laptop.

TS3 fried my first laptop, so I finally went a bit more upmarket.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I switch between desktop pc and laptop. I couldn't live without mods!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I had a gaming rig that died, so I transferred my game to my regular PC laptop. It had a nice size screen. Then, it, too died and hubby replaced it with this gaming laptop (notebook). Plays like a champ, but the screen isn't as wide. I am quite happy with it, though. Lots of space. I use mods, too. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Desktop PC and laptop. Both devices can run Sims 4 well, but desktop is naturally better due to the amount of mods and cc I use. My niece is using my laptop to play Sims 4 with a small amount of cc, and it has just started slowing down after all the blame packs that EA has released.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have the majority of the Sims 4 on my PS4.
    I have the base game, and romantic garden on my PC. Romantic Garden was free for a time, and I am able to play with Mods/CC.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    edited March 7
    I have a gaming laptop I bought in about 2017 or 2018 ( had to switch over from cheap laptop just before city living came out ). Went about 2 years without playing but then caught up quickly with packs with a decent large Asus laptop with great graphics. My oldest daughter plays on console, PS 4, .no CC or mods for either of us, but I have all the packs and kits, she has all expansions and game packs except Journey to Batuu. She has all stuff packs and many kits.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    My Deep Space Vessel.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    My Deep Space Vessel.

Thank you for my Afternoon Chuckle!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Desktop PC that I built myself.