The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with aging ON or OFF? Added RESULTS from tumblr πŸ‘ΆπŸ‘¦πŸ‘¨πŸ‘΄πŸ’€

Β«13
Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
Do you play with aging on or off? πŸ‘ΆπŸ‘¦πŸ‘¨πŸ‘΄πŸ’€
(If you are in Team 'Both': with which setting do you play most of the time?)

If you like you can add in the comments why so and what your thoughts are about aging, the life spans, the life stages etc.

9609071d72939a51bf0bca8ab5b85b2de25c7aa3.jpg

This poll is anonymous, no one will see what you voted for 😎 and the participation is voluntary πŸ€—
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
Post edited by Lenny_Ogg on

Do you play with aging ON or OFF? Added RESULTS from tumblr πŸ‘ΆπŸ‘¦πŸ‘¨πŸ‘΄πŸ’€ 123 votes

Aging ON
41% 51 votes
Aging OFF
58% 72 votes

Comments

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 976 Member
    Both: Aging active household only.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,166 Member
    I have aging off. I have turned aging on a couple of times in the past but I prefer to control when my sims age up based on story needs.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,136 Member
    Off, I age my sims when I want them to age :)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    I keep it on. I don't mind that the Sims 4 is a low stakes game, but for me it feels like there's absolutely no stake or challenge with aging off for all Sims.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,523 Member
    Depends on which save/family

My supersim has aging off but when she starts getting children I will turn it on to let them age naturally.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 954 Member
    edited February 23
    It depends. Sometimes I have it completely off, sometimes it's on for the active household only and sometimes it's on for unplayed sims. But it is never on for all played households. Never. (Once I accientally turned it on for all households and it was a small disaster :grimace: )
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    On. I can always adjust the lifespan with MCCC if I feel like my sims need to live longer. But I agree with haneul that it feels like there are no stakes with aging off. I get an uncanny feeling when things that should evolve, progress or change in the game are static. It's why I couldn't play without Seasons; it was just too weird to have the same no-weather conditions day after day.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,231 Member
    Both. If I have it on, it is 99% on long.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,373 Member
    Always off except for Seven toddlers and Family on a Budget challenges.

My story runs at a slow pace, often I play a simsweek and it represents exactly one week in the story, too. Then there may be a timeskip (to fast forward pregnancies and the infant stage) and then we go back into slow time again.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,193 Member
    I also give my sims the Werewolf Immortality Power before I remove the Werewolf trait. I'm very attached to my favorite households. ;)
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 72 Member
    Always off for both played and unplayed households.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I play on a modified (longer) normal lifespan with MCCC. I usually turn aging off when my Sim is in Uni, and turn it back on once they have reached a young adult goal I have set for them (career/marriage/child etc). I do have a few saves where I keep aging off or use age active household only, such as my TS2 style rotation save.
  • Options
    KuziyaKuziya Posts: 15 Member
    I play with aging on.

My first sims family is on normal, but my current save I'm working on/love is on long with Mcc.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,125 Member
    edited February 23
    Both. I chose on because my played households age, but it's off for everyone else. I want them to be there as I left them for my Sims to interact with when I want them to. Any Sims in my households that I don't want to grow old and die become vampires.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I love the slow, my-personal-pace nature of aging-off gameplay. I do age Sims up, and often will age up a whole lot of the world in a round, though. The downsides of playing like this (and rotationally with lots of households at the same time) is that I don't seem to get very far into genetics etc., plus I'm deciding when Sims die, if it's not by accident. I don't mind that they do. I'd like to be able to control aging at a Sim level for this (you, my friend, are now a candidate to die of old age soon), but I'm paring back on complex mods and don't want to have to load a household to flag Sims either.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER β€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 199 Member
    I play with aging off and I am very happy this is possible. When I played The Sims 2 back then, I think it was not that easy, right? I remember having used a cheat to turn aging off...
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,373 Member
    I play with aging off and I am very happy this is possible. When I played The Sims 2 back then, I think it was not that easy, right? I remember having used a cheat to turn aging off...

I don't even remember the cheat anymore, only that it existed. Sims 2 cheats were so long compared to what we have now. Mods made everything simpler - nowadays I just adjust age with Sim Blender in Sims 2. (Although there also is an option to write commonly used cheats directly into the start.ini. Never used that method, but it exists).
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,737 Member
    I generally don’t play out legacies or multiple generations. I’m usually playing a story, so I turn aging off unless I need someone to age up. Happens more with kids than adults.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member
    Aging is on, full time, but only the active households are immune. Along with others, I too use MCC to adjust lifespans.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Aging off.
    Back when I started playing Sims 4 the notifications of my sim about to age up got me incredibly guilt ridden about not having a birthday party set up for her, so when I figured out I could turn off aging I just did away with birthdays. Being forever young is more is more than a fair trade for birthday parties, right?
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,704 Member
    On, as I play family generations so they can't keep living too long - as harsh as it seems.
    I also have a one child per family policy, to keep control of how many family members there are, although the latest thig I've done, is the surviving grandparent can grab a girlfriend/boyfriend and if that produces an offspring in another family, so be it - but I need to keep tabs on that child!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited February 24
    Most of the time I play with aging off. I turn it on occasionally so my game progresses. However, I play the same save ever since I bought the game back in November 2014 and I am currently playing the 3rd generation (Bella Goth's grandchildren are slowly becoming parents).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,961 Member
    When setting up a save: off.

Otherwise, I'll keep it on. But on long settings. And active household only

I'd play it turned off if there would be a cheat available to players to age sims up, like in The Sims 3. For now, if you want to use the sims.age_up cheat, you'll have to get a mod that allow every cheat. Otherwise, waiting around 40 days for old age death would be, well, long.
    Well, Paranormal stuff pack does include a way to speed up the aging bar.
    Though still, where to find those sprites to sell souls to? Not every house is haunted house though!
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 823 Member
    I use aging on for legacies, and off for almost anything else.

Actually, as for legacies, the time limitations given by "normal lifespan" and "aging on" is one of the most challenging parts, sims became elders so quickly!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.27 posted on the 4th of June 2024*
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 790 Member
    Aging off.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?