Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Growing Together?

Comments

• Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 79 Member
    Maybe. Waiting for more info and gameplay reviews.
    I'm still undecided. I'll be checking the positive and negative threads after it's been released. I always wait for a few months
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Yes. Before April 27 to get the extra content.
    Yes, I plan on buying it. The gameplay looks interesting to me and will fit with my playstyle. That said I'm fully anticipating a modpocalypse and a bunch of little hotfixes, so I'm going to wait a bit for things to update before purchasing it. I've got a long weekend coming up at the end of the month so I'll probably get it then.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    It's so preordered. Just wait for March 16 to download the pack. ;)
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Yes. Will wait for a sale..
    Would buy this one ASAP if I could, the content looks really good. Only reason I'm waiting for a sale is 'cuz inflation isn't cute and I can't afford any packs at full price anymore.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Other
    I probably would, since I've been asking for some kind of compatibility or chemistry system since forever. But, alas, I'm still on the Werewolf patch to avoid the excessive phone use that was patched in for the High School pack, because that would completely destroy every element of fun I get in this game. I can't stand the phone use as it is, and I honestly don't know how people tolerate that irritating phone walk (which should have been a new walk option in CAS, not a new default,) especially when playing with Occults or historical Sims from other eras.

I suppose one day, when Sims 4 is no longer being developed and I can have mods that won't break with new patches, I'll catch up on whatever packs I want. So, yeah, I'll probably buy it someday. Unless it has major issues. But I agree with the folks who said that it's a total bummer these new systems are locked behind a pack, because Sims 4 never seems to get those systems updated and integrated with other packs the way Sims 2 did.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I want to....I really do! But I am scared to. I've been let down so much by Sims 4.
    If this pack delivers what it professes to deliver, then it could bring me back in to the game.
    I haven't played families since very early on (just after Outdoor Retreat) due to one of my kids getting taken away by social services because I didn't send him to school. Just poof, he was erased from my game and the entire memories of the rest of his family. That, in and of itself, showed me there was no connections or depth with the sims.
    And then they "tweaked" births. I could never have just 1 kid. It was ALWAYS twins or triplets. Stopped giving my families kids. And to this day, I still haven't played with toddlers.
    And over and over again, that lack of "under the hood" mechanics has been there all along. The only so-called" depth is with the pie menu and pretending they care by making them do things.

And disappointment carried on with the situational outfits and the loss of sims actually wearing the outfits you chose for them.

And more disappointment with cats and dogs. As a rotational player, any time I went back in to a household with pets, those pets were sick and needed to go to the vet. Every time.

So I am scared. I don't trust them to put out something that lets me play the game where I "rule" instead of playing their game....

So I'll watch and see what the reviews are, what the problems are, and whether the "features" actually do anything at all.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Like some, I will get it at some point. Not sure if I will get it before Aprile 27th but will try to because I do want the extra content. But it really depends on RL things going on.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,359 Member
    I never buy expansion packs when they first come out. I wait for the tutorials (not just reviews and player reactions) so I can see exactly how the new gameplay systems work. If I don't like the way they work, I either don't buy the pack or I wait for mods that will allow me to tweak or turn off the systems I don't want. I'm tired of new gameplay systems messing with the way I play. In this case, I am particularly concerned about the "social dynamics" system. I don't think I want that unless I can customize it easily to fit my story and character concepts.

There is a lot of other content in the pack I am interested in, though, so I may eventually get this one. Undecided.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SimtokuSimtoku Posts: 19 New Member
    Other
    I will buy it when I have spare money to spend for entertainment. I'm curious to try the new expancion pack but before I'm able to get it and try to play it, I'll check reviews and gameplays on YouTube. I wish I could buy it before April 27 to get extra content but life essentials are more important than game assets during these times when food and everything else costs more money than before.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    I may wait a couple of days after it comes out to make sure there aren’t any game breaking bugs, like the aging bug. But, I’m very excited to get the pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    I preordered the pc version the other night. Will preorder the console version tonight.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    edited March 2023
    Other
    I'm absolutely getting it but not until I've seen how it's working for those that took the plunge right away. I have three essential mods and once they're fixed depending on whether or not there are any major bugs I'll go ahead and get the pack and go back online and get the update as well. I don't want to expose my game to a repeat of this summer's issues and with a new life stage being added I think the potential of that is just too risky.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I probably would, since I've been asking for some kind of compatibility or chemistry system since forever. But, alas, I'm still on the Werewolf patch to avoid the excessive phone use that was patched in for the High School pack, because that would completely destroy every element of fun I get in this game. I can't stand the phone use as it is, and I honestly don't know how people tolerate that irritating phone walk (which should have been a new walk option in CAS, not a new default,) especially when playing with Occults or historical Sims from other eras.

I suppose one day, when Sims 4 is no longer being developed and I can have mods that won't break with new patches, I'll catch up on whatever packs I want. So, yeah, I'll probably buy it someday. Unless it has major issues. But I agree with the folks who said that it's a total bummer these new systems are locked behind a pack, because Sims 4 never seems to get those systems updated and integrated with other packs the way Sims 2 did.

I like your idea of the phone walk being an option. Also, it would be nice if we could actually set phone use per sim……with maybe 3 categories low use, medium use, and almost constant use. I know I don’t use my phone as much as my youngest and her boyfriend use theirs. They love watching short funny video’s, and they are on their phone all the time. I mostly use my phone at home, for things like to forums, or FB, games or business, I don’t walk around using it.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    I just preordered it. I'm excited.
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

For now my "maybe" is weak. While the livestream of the base game was clear and concise, the one for the pack was endless talk and nothing to show. I will look for information from the real players and the "game changers".

The Werewolves GP established a quality standard that I no longer plan to give up. I've been playing this game since the start, so my tolerance is not the same.

For now I'm more excited (and terrified) with the next patch.

I have doubts about the system of this expansion (another bad tunned featured??) and I don't mind the extra content (which doesn't change the game at all).

I hope this EP will be a proper EXPANSION of Sims 4 and not another Wedding fiasco or a boring High School full of undesirable stereotypes :( (yes, I did not bought any of them meh).
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I kind of did a turn on this and preordered. I can't wait to have all the new systems in my game. Also I have had trouble purchasing packs (werewolves) on release, so it's one less thing to worry about.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    edited March 2023
    Other
    Oops deleted
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Change me to a yes.....

DGg8Wv4.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Pre ordered today. Had to think which way to pay for it since husband and I also pre ordered two copies of Diablo IV. Ouch! :s
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Other
    I typically don't buy TS4 packs for full price anymore. If I do eventually decide to get it, it will be when I can find a decent price for it, as $40 is just too much for any DLC.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I likely am going to get it but I really want to see the communities' reaction to playing it before I immediately jump to it.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    No.
    Expansion packs almost always tend to raise eyebrows for me, so...
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    Pre-ordered last night after watching some reviews on Youtube. Doesnt seem too buggy and the gameplay looks fun.
    Also big fan of the realistic, everyday CAS and BB items.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I’m so torn on this one!

I do really want it but I feel like I can’t really justify it at full price. I haven’t played since High School Years released and that was just to check out the objects (real life stuff is annoying)! I’ve seen a few items that I love (those suitcases 👀 so perfect for storytelling) and I love the milestone idea but how is that going to work with future packs? Should have been base game! I loathe entirely the fact that you have to pay extra for the changing table?! I am both a family and occult player and I have really been missing my legacy Sims save - haven’t played with them since DU came out! I have been saving them for a wedding pack and improved babies and now we have both so…

However, I did promise myself that I wouldn’t buy anything more for my Sims until cars were implemented so there’s that…

I don’t know what to do!
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 794 Member
    No.
    I think to be in the minority of players who doesn't really enjoy normal family gameplay, and that the free update already added more things than I would have been interested to (i.e. crying infants). I'll pass.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*