May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sugestion to all Simgurus: Game Pack Monarchs?

We never had them in TS1, 2 nor 3. It would be fun to have them in TS4.

We could have a Game Pack with the whole world, including a palace with a king, a queen, princes, few monarchs, royal guards, paparazzis...
All this in the present, like it is today in England, Spain etc.

Thks! :)

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If they did that, we would then see the queen working in one of those food stands, or maybe as a yoga instructor at the wellness clinic.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Technically the were in The Sims 1.

If you kissed a toad, there was a very good chance it could turn into a prince, who could fall in love with your Sim and join the family.

But it would make an interesting game mechanic for a fame pack (or a magic one!). At the very least, they could include some "royal" CAS parts for our celebrities, like tiaras, or suits with sashes on them:
    harry1.jpg?mode=max&quality=80&width=1024

In fact, I think I'd be miffed if they didn't include a William & Kate family in a celeb EP. As far as "famous for being famous" Sims go, Maxis could do a lot worse.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yeah since there ARE a lot of countries where there still are Royals like UK, Saudi Arabia, Japan, etc . How about "Marry into Royalty" aspiration?

Oh and here's a cool idea you could have the option for the heir/heiress of the Royalty to have a "TV show" similar to the Bachelor but called the Selection instead...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would Like it.

Monarchy, Aristocracy I would Actually consider it.
    I just have a few requests

this crown
    s-l1600.jpg

maybe the english Crown too

I want the Weight of the crown to be authentic. Being King or Queen Isn't about wearing pretty clothing and jewels and walking around like you own the place.

I recommend if the Devs Do this Watch Reign. that ruling the country isn't easy. it's messy, scandalous, and a real Job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDTNBJrsoqg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFF-fKWMm7o
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    If they did that, we would then see the queen working in one of those food stands, or maybe as a yoga instructor at the wellness clinic.

LOL you're so right... this is what would probably happen if they didn't do their programing job properly.
    But even though... I think it would be cool having monarchs

kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Technically the were in The Sims 1.

If you kissed a toad, there was a very good chance it could turn into a prince, who could fall in love with your Sim and join the family.

But it would make an interesting game mechanic for a fame pack (or a magic one!). At the very least, they could include some "royal" CAS parts for our celebrities, like tiaras, or suits with sashes on them:

In fact, I think I'd be miffed if they didn't include a William & Kate family in a celeb EP. As far as "famous for being famous" Sims go, Maxis could do a lot worse.

I didn't know about TS1, I only played TS3 and now 4. But, yes, I could imagine also the whole CAS parts included in the game pack.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Yeah since there ARE a lot of countries where there still are Royals like UK, Saudi Arabia, Japan, etc . How about "Marry into Royalty" aspiration?

Oh and here's a cool idea you could have the option for the heir/heiress of the Royalty to have a "TV show" similar to the Bachelor but called the Selection instead...

This would be also a sooo great aspiration!

I only hope some SimGuru read all this and think about. Who knows....

• Options
    TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    Like in Sims Medieval? That would be very interesting. Except if they mess up with the AI of course.

Back then, my monarch in sims medieval automatically ate bland food, dueling with everyone despite of not having bloodthirsty trait, flirt with commoners, and jumping to pit while we play another character.
  • Options
    TJKazuha09 wrote: »
    Like in Sims Medieval? That would be very interesting. Except if they mess up with the AI of course.

Back then, my monarch in sims medieval automatically ate bland food, dueling with everyone despite of not having bloodthirsty trait, flirt with commoners, and jumping to pit while we play another character.

They could make it somewhat timeless.
    Like the past 5 centuries
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I think the term monarchs is perhaps not quite right for a pack like this.

The Sims: Royalty
    Might be a better sounding pack
    ELIROC wrote: »
    including a palace with a king, a queen, princes, few monarchs, royal guards, paparazzis...
    I'm not sure what you mean here. A king or a queen is a monarch.

There's also the problem that a lot of people don't really understant the structure of a monarchy. It can be quite complicated.
    The monarch is at the top, they are a king or a queen. The kings wife is usually titled queen, but not always, and the kings mother can also be titled queen, at the same time!
    If it's a queen who is in power, then her husband is not a king, he is usally titled prince, or simetimes, duke, or sometimes both (as is the husband of the current Queen of England. Her husband is Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh)
    The children of the king and/or queen are usually titled as princes and princesses, but sometimes they also get to be dukes and duchesses too.

kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I don't think maxis would be able to get premission to do that.
    Also, they aren't famous for being famous. Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, and Baron Carrickfergus, is second in line to the throne.

MadameLee wrote: »
    How about "Marry into Royalty" aspiration?
    Interesting idea
    No, not cool. Weird and creepy is what it is.
    Amusing for story telling, but not so fun for gameplay.

MasonGamer wrote: »
    I want the Weight of the crown to be authentic. Being King or Queen Isn't about wearing pretty clothing and jewels and walking around like you own the place.
    That is what I would want too.
    I recommend if the Devs Do this Watch Reign.
    Terrible show!
    The Crown is the one to watch, it's about the current Queen of England.
    It does a very good job of showing the conflict between being a wife, and being The Crown. How can one be an equal to their spouse, when one must also rule as monarch?

TJKazuha09 wrote: »
    Like in Sims Medieval?
    No, more like real, current monarchs.

Over all, I think it would be incredibly complicated to incorporate into the game.
    But I'd probably love it.

Many people have the misconception that royalty is about palaces, fancy clothes, and fancy parties. And while those things are a part of the job, there is a lot more to it. A monarch is far more than a celebrity, they are a politician, a head of state, a figurehead for a country.
    Being royal is a boring, lonely, often very isolated job.
    You can't be friends with just anyone, you can't do whatever you want, you have endless duties.

Prince William had to give up on his military career, to focus on his royal life. The Queen is 90, his father is nearly 70. I suspect it won't be a particularly long time until he has to take on the arduous role of The Crown. Poor chap.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Movotti Japan has an Emperor and an Empress. And sometimes it's not even a King or an Emperor who is the ruler, but depending on where a person is in the word, the leader could be a Grand Duke, or the leader's title could just be "Prince" of some country or other..and not necessary an heir of any kind.
    There's also the problem that a lot of people don't really understant the structure of a monarchy. It can be quite complicated.
    The monarch is at the top, they are a king or a queen. The kings wife is usually titled queen, but not always, and the kings mother can also be titled queen, at the same time!

If it's a queen who is in power, then her husband is not a king, he is usually titled prince, or sometimes, duke, or sometimes both (as is the husband of the current Queen of England. Her husband is Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh)

For Britain, if Prince Charles wife does become a Queen Consort, when Prince Charlies becomes King if she outlives her husband-she will become a Queen Dowager. But someone like Queen Elizabeth Regina II's mom, also a Queen consort, she (if she outlivers her husband, like the Queen Mother did) she becomes Queen Mother. (Queen Dowager-the widow consort of a King well a Queen Mother means the Mother of the current Monarch-so when Prince William becomes King, and his wife outlives him and one of their children (ie Prince George) becomes King, Duchess of Cambridge would become a Queen Mother much like her Great-grandma in law).

The children of the king and/or queen are usually titled as princes and princesses, but sometimes they also get to be dukes and duchesses too.

Well, with British royal family, the Crown prince is called the Prince of Wales. His sister, Princess Royal Anne and her children (who are NOT princes/princess nor are their children- I read somewhere she asked for them not to get titles?), the next person is Prince Andrew and he's Duke of York, and the baby brother Prince Edward is Earl of Wessex. Prince Andrew's daughters are Princesses, well Earl of Wessex's children (a boy and girl each) are a Viscount and just a plain "Lady" Louise. But according to a Youtube video online..the Princes in the main family tree (ie like Prince William because Duke of Cambridge when he married Kate Middleton) get a title (like Duke, or whatever's available) when they get married

So if Prince Harry ever settles down..he will get a title of somekind. But at the moment's he's like his Great-Great-Great grandpa Edward VII. But technically if Prince Henry does ever get married and have children much like his children would be Lord or Lady _ and their great-grandpa's last name (ie Prince Phillip)

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Oh the Crown is Good too

I like Reign though, keeps me at the edge of my seat.

It's A Historical Fantasy it may not be exactly what happened but I think It's pretty accurate.
    If it's a queen who is in power, then her husband is not a king, he is usally titled prince, or simetimes, duke, or sometimes both (as is the husband of the current Queen of England. Her husband is Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh)

but that's because Elizabeth made sure the Crown Matrimonial, wasn't signed, it's like a Prenup, it would have allowed Philip to co-reign and become King of England. In the event he would outlive Elizabeth he would continue to rule until he died. but As it stands when Elizabeth dies, the crown may go straight to Prince William, Duke of Cambridge. God forbid, but if William and Kate were to die, the crown would fall to Prince George? Or would Harry Step in as Regent?

although I think that's how it works, I'm not sure about English Affairs, that's just my understanding.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    @MasonGamer Nope, the British crown is NOT able to go start to the 2nd in line (ie Prince William) Duke of Cambridge straight after Queen Elizabeth dies. Not unless Queen Elizabeth outlives Prince Charles. If Prince Charles did die before Queen Elizabeth, THEN the new heir would be Prince William. And ever since Edward VII, the Queen's Uncle, stepping down/aside is a BIG no-no in their family.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    testing?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've been wanting a Royal pack for years. Modern day royalty with all the uniforms and gowns plus tiaras and crowns. Thrones would be cool.
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I think the term monarchs is perhaps not quite right for a pack like this.

The Sims: Royalty
    Might be a better sounding pack
    ELIROC wrote: »
    including a palace with a king, a queen, princes, few monarchs, royal guards, paparazzis...
    I'm not sure what you mean here. A king or a queen is a monarch.

I recommend if the Devs Do this Watch Reign.
    Terrible show!
    The Crown is the one to watch, it's about the current Queen of England.
    It does a very good job of showing the conflict between being a wife, and being The Crown. How can one be an equal to their spouse, when one must also rule as monarch?

I actually meant a king/queen/princes/dukes/royal guards/etc... (didn't read before posting :| ) I was indeed watching the show "The Crown" when I had this idea. And I meant something like this but of course not with real people. I thought something similar to Sims Medieval would maybe be a start but would be better if it were timeless.

• Options
    HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    With our current game style, this is very possible and will also be so interesting. Just remember how we got the unique world like San Myshuno and Forgotten Hollow?

If we ever get this kind of pack, I'll totally wish it has trivia with Sims Medieval as a reference. Then perhaps, we can also has a unique title? Queen... or King... or Noble... or maybe pirate too?
  • Options
    FixeddotdiceFixeddotdice Posts: 1 New Member
    this sounds a great, and fun, idea :)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,560 Member
    you are also forgeting that canada is still link to the british monarchy
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    It sounds great, I would like to see sims have certain powers if they are monarchs, even with the monarch pack, it should always be optional. We need the military career back too, it would fit well with this pack
  • Options
    jlapaojlapao Posts: 70 Member
    edited March 2017
    I rather like this idea. It might create a small inconsistency with the Political career's final level (National Leader), but that could pass up as a Head of Government (a Prime Minister, President of the Council, etc.) instead of a Head of State. At best, it could give you the choice to decide whether you want your save (or a select world) to have a monarchical regime.

In a scenario where this GP actually comes to existence, there should be customization available to us. Choose the designation your Sim dynasty has (from a mere baronial family, such as the former inhabitants of the Von Haunt Estate, to a full fledged ruling family of a certain state, such as SimNation), and even give traits (not personality traits) to the dynasty itself, something like choosing if they can marry common Sims or if said family forbids morganatic marriages. That could be extended to normal families, but in a less exaggerated and more mundane (as much as the Sims allow) manner.

Also, keep it clear that the whole idea of a husband of a Queen being simply a Prince is a modern invention. In old times, the husband would become King of [insert country here] jure uxoris, unless there were certain requirements set in place, such as the birth of an heir being required before the ascension of the husband to kingship. This was what happened in Portugal during the reign of Queen Maria II, where her second husband only became King Ferdinand II after the two had a child.

Also, the English had a Spanish King for a while, when Mary I was married to the King of Spain (and many other territories). If the husband of Queen Elizabeth II had become a King, he would be Philip II.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    jlapao wrote: »
    I rather like this idea. It might create a small inconsistency with the Political career's final level (National Leader), but that could pass up as a Head of Government (a Prime Minister, President of the Council, etc.) instead of a Head of State. At best, it could give you the choice to decide whether you want your save (or a select world) to have a monarchical regime.

In a scenario where this GP actually comes to existence, there should be customization available to us. Choose the designation your Sim dynasty has (from a mere baronial family, such as the former inhabitants of the Von Haunt Estate, to a full fledged ruling family of a certain state, such as SimNation), and even give traits (not personality traits) to the dynasty itself, something like choosing if they can marry common Sims or if said family forbids morganatic marriages. That could be extended to normal families, but in a less exaggerated and more mundane (as much as the Sims allow) manner.

Also, keep it clear that the whole idea of a husband of a Queen being simply a Prince is a modern invention. In old times, the husband would become King of [insert country here] jure uxoris, unless there were certain requirements set in place, such as the birth of an heir being required before the ascension of the husband to kingship. This was what happened in Portugal during the reign of Queen Maria II, where her second husband only became King Ferdinand II after the two had a child.

Also, the English had a Spanish King for a while, when Mary I was married to the King of Spain (and many other territories). If the husband of Queen Elizabeth II had become a King, he would be Philip II.

Actually, having the title of Prince as the Queen regent's consort is not a new at all. Queen Victoria (after years of fighting with Parliment) finally got Albert to get the title of Prince Consort Albert. The only two times that a Queen Regent gave the title of King to her husband was Queen Mary I (Mary Tudor) and Queen Mary II (Mary Stuart). But the second one doesn't really count since her husband, William of Orange (William III) said to Parliament "I get to be co-regent with Mary and also I will be able to be king AFTER Mary dies* or else I'm going back to Orange County"

*With King Phillip of Spain Queen Mary Tudor's husband, he was only able to be King during Mary Tudor's reigin,

Also..a husband of a Queen Regent doesn't automatically get a title of anything really- at least not in the UK. We might call Queen Elizabeth's II's husband Prince Consort Phillip, but he has never been formally declared.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    edited March 2017
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

That would be AWESOME ... and mildly hilarious.

I love this idea. It has the potential to add tons of new architectural features to the game, like spiral stair cases and balconies, as well as a new gameplay elements for existing features. For example, you could make membership to a Group "hereditary" or hold a "royal ball" or "royal wedding" at a community lot. Sims who are "knighted" by the King or Queen could get a boost in their income, either through a raise at work or a stipen (like the royalties from selling books).

Additionally, this would be a great way to introduce the Celebrity system from Sims 3 into Sims 4. Start with the Royal family only having it, then as Sims are knighted or marry into the family, they gain ranks in it. Sims with a high enough "Royal standing" could then challenge the existing Monarch for a chance to be King or Queen themselves.

There's a lot of potential with the idea.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I love history and I would be interested in this both in modern and historical forms. I did enjoy Sims Medieval. We already have the Tudor look in Windenburg. I would have some interest in this. I could really get into a medieval situation with a castle, knights and ladies. Maybe that's too similar to other games out there but since they've been incorporating historical time periods in various ways with vampires and vintage glamour, it's certainly possible. I know Medieval was heavily criticized and had its weaknesses. I liked the application of the historic concept though.

To reach a lot of people, they'd need to make it an adaptable global concept - Europe, India, Middle East, Japan ... possibly tribal chiefs if they were really good. Also, if pirates get included in a tropical beach world, I'd be open to that. I did some reading last year about the history of pirates and they were fascinating. They were the early edge of modern naval development. Many of them were often working "legally" under the sanction of a monarch. Cough, cough, Elizabeth I. They were also very diverse.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    jlapaojlapao Posts: 70 Member
    edited April 2023
    Actually, having the title of Prince as the Queen regent's consort is not a new at all. Queen Victoria (after years of fighting with Parliment) finally got Albert to get the title of Prince Consort Albert.

It's actually rather recent, really. Historically, Queen Victoria is a modern individual. And it was not her choice (but the Parliament's) to have her husband as a Prince, instead of a King Consort.
    Also..a husband of a Queen Regent doesn't automatically get a title of anything really- at least not in the UK. We might call Queen Elizabeth's II's husband Prince Consort Philip, but he has never been formally declared.

Well, I'm not British, and while I am a student of history, I'm not exactly an expert regarding the laws of the British Crown and of the UK. I'm far more knowledgable regarding the (now extinct) monarchy of my country (Portugal), so our ways of doings things may seem rather strange. Here, the husband of a Queen regnant (at least during the last dynasty) would be automatically titled Prince Consort, until the birth of an heir to the Queen and her husband. Then, the Prince Consort was elevated to King of Portugal (not a consort, but actual reigning king) and would continue to be so until the death of his wife.

Well, enough about this history lesson. Back to the main topic. Hypothetically speaking, if this GP came to happen, perhaps some concepts from The Sims Medieval (or other non-Sims games) could be adapted to TS4 and the current age. I'm not suggesting adding certain things from games such as Crusader Kings (although it would be funny), but stuff that could add a bit of a challenge to having your Sim as a monarch (or a simple noble).

And the monarch could also have some perks, such as creating new nobles. Say, having King Insert Name Here II of SimNation making Mortimer Goth the Count/Earl of Willow Creek, or Vladislaus Straud as the Count of Forgotten Hollow. There should be a limit to this of course, but it would be a rather interesting feature, instead of randomly generated nobility.
    Post edited by jlapao on
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Plus you could have real knights guarding your castle.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Plus you could have real knights guarding your castle.

I think many Knights (these days) would be better put to use to entertain you
    defe1b7953222d94c56369a6bb8a689e.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif