Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question For fans of TS4: does it ever bother you?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My question is 'does it bother TS3 players when people put down our game?'

My answer to that is no, I actually played TS4 so I know what the best game is for me. I try not to get involved in all of that rivalry these days
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    No lol.

Even when the game was first released and people were whining and bashing on it. I was playing and enjoying this new installment.

Now that we have even more content it just doesn't matter what folk are saying lols.
    TS4 is turning out to rival TS2 for me and thats epic.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    amiebabes_oxamiebabes_ox Posts: 14 New Member
    I really enjoyed playing all the sims when it they were out but ever since playing the ts4 I just can't go back on the sims 3 and enjoy it like I used to, simply because in my opinion, the game play on the sims 4 is so much better and I do find myself comparing, as I did with them all as soon as a new sims come out. I don't complain though, because they're all brilliant games.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Eh it use to but after a while I just got tried of fighting with everyone about it. Now I just kind of ignore comments like that. If they prefer the sims 3 then they can go play it. I really don't care. Really though I think it does go both ways. The sims 4 people attack the sims 3 people. The sims 3 people attack the sims 4 people. Really it's not worth arguing over. Enjoy which ever game you love the most. Personally for me I can't play the sims 3. The sims are just so ugly and just kinda all look the same to me. I think I had more fun watching people play the sims 3 then me actually playing it myself. I mean I would rather play the sims 2 over 3 any day. I actually really enjoy 4. With the upcoming vampires and possibly pets. I am so excited! <3
  • Options
    VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    Yes. It's time for Sims 3 fans to stop coming on to this forum and praise S3/bash S4. I hated S3, but I didn't go on all sorts of S3 foruyms saying how S3 was terrible, and how it wasn't S1. Do you S3 players even realize that all the time you spend complaining about S4/praising S3 could of been spent actaully playing S3?
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    It doesn't bother me. Those kind of exchanges are what makes future installments better.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »
    Does it ever bother you how much people who prefer ts3 are always comparing it to ts4? Or saying its a bad game to people who havent played it yet? I never liked the sims 3 but i didnt beat others up over the head with it.

I happen to think ts4 is superior because the art style and graphics are much better, the create a sim feature is very detailed, personalities are amazing, so on and so on. But it gets kind of tiring to see ts3 fans constantly saying "oh well its not ts3, sims 3 is better."

I've loved every single Sims series since the very beginning. I'm not a demanding fan, I knew we'd eventually get Toddlers and it was well worth the wait. I'm dying for Seasons and I'm sure I'll have to wait until at least fall of 2018 to get that but that's fine, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I love ever series for what they bring individually, how they get better. I've played them all to death.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    It's like this thread has been made to make people fight...
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

Yes, on purpose. That's sad.

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I've seen some troll threads in my time. If this a troll thread, it's a very subtle one.

It's a charged subject though. Opinions about what's better, who's saying what and how mean they're being, etc. It doesn't take a troll to get that subject rolling downhill.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2017
    I was never able to play ys3 on my good gaming computer so I can't say that it was good. I think that now that toddlers have come to sims 4 there will be a difference in what is said about the game. I think they are all different games as I have played them all since the original. There are good and bad about each of them. So I do not let others influence what I play or what I like best, so, that said, I can only judge the games that played well for me ts3 was a huge disappointment because all it did was lag, crash to the desktop and just frustrate me no end. So that would influence me liking 4 better. However my very favorite is ts2
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    I've seen some troll threads in my time. If this a troll thread, it's a very subtle one.

It's a charged subject though. Opinions about what's better, who's saying what and how mean they're being, etc. It doesn't take a troll to get that subject rolling downhill.

There are some posts in this thread where the poster(s) seems downright gleeful in their distain for the Sims 3 and the people who play it. I don't think there's any need for the thread and wonder why it was even started. There's a few on on here now, pretty much telling people who play Sims 3 to stop posting in Sims 4 threads, to go to their own forum. I thought this forum was for everyone?

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Devinale wrote: »
    I might be wrong, but to me it feels like OP is personally offendend if someone doesn't agree with you or criticize your game.

Also you seem to think that those who like TS4 aren't doing the same to those who criticize it. Not everyone who doesn't like TS4 are rude or mean, just as I know that not everyone that likes TS4 are rude.

As many have pointed out, there are alot of things you wouldn't have if it wasn't for those of us who are dissatisfied you wouldn't have ghosts and all those other things we have been given, because we complain! It's not rude of us to complain or to demand more of the game, that's how business works. If no one ever complained or wanted more I don't think we would have gotten as far as a fourth sims series.
    Exactly. I've said this before, I wasn't around here during Sims 3, but retrospectively I'm convinced I have a lot to be complainers from back then to greatful for (not sure if that's a proper sentence but I hope you understand what I mean ;)). Spawning occults come to mind, the celebrity system. Complaining can be a very good thing, especially for fans.

I must be the only simmer to miss the celebrity system. I loved the exclusive night clubs and celebrity mansion parties with their locked gates.
    You still can enable it can't you? I think the basic idea was alright, but the elaboration could have been better ;)

Not in The Sims 4 : (
    Yet :mrgreen:

One can only hope, but I am not expecting it to return as it seems to be universally hated.
    I think people only hated the way it was done (well, speaking for myself here anyway ;)). The way sims became famous (by talking and impressing; why wasn't it more career based, or, I don't know, but not 'hey, I can work that garden like a boss, want my autograph?')(oh, and by being born, all my sims were born three star celebrities after one generation, not fun). And also the over the top paparazzi. There must be better ways to do it.

Are you familiar with The Sims Superstar? That celebrity system was quite good because you had to work hard for it both in career and social life. It was a fun challenge back in the day.
    I'm not, but that does sound how it should be. Strange they changed that concept...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    Why would it ever bother me, since I am comparing the game to Ts2 all the time? LOL
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    I can already tell some people are going to start complaing about the toddlers real soon. :D:D
    Oh I am, I am. I want them in my Sims 3 game fcol!
    v12creator wrote: »
    Honestly OP, I already absolutely hated Thesims3 before Thesims4 came around. So Yes, i agree with you, Thesims4 is far superior. But let be honest, it still needs to get better.
    Yes, I remember. You were one of those spoiling the TS4 section for anyone wanting to discuss TS4 in a normal way on the old forum with your Sims 3 hatred, a year before TS4 was released. You seem to be so proud of that abhorrence and you're entitled to, but I'd say that makes this topic not exactly a place for you to have your say about anything. You're the king of bashing games. You even started yelling at me and dismissing my opinions on whatever subject for merely saying I liked Sims 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    I don't care. But odd enough, when I stated my opinion about how sims 3 sims looked to me , folks got big mad and started writing long paragraphs at me and tag team attacking :lol: . I was not about to read that mess, told them to save it and updated my block list. And happily moved along to socialize with other civilized acting simmers.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    No lol.

Even when the game was first released and people were whining and bashing on it. I was playing and enjoying this new installment.

Now that we have even more content it just doesn't matter what folk are saying lols.

I was addicted to ts2. But the sims 4 is my favorite. I think its the perfect sims game. And wish it would have been the only one instead.
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    Yes. It's time for Sims 3 fans to stop coming on to this forum and praise S3/bash S4. I hated S3, but I didn't go on all sorts of S3 foruyms saying how S3 was terrible, and how it wasn't S1. Do you S3 players even realize that all the time you spend complaining about S4/praising S3 could of been spent actaully playing S3?
    I have always wondered why the people who truly hate sims 4, seem to needlessly worry themselves over such an "awful" game. I just dont understand it. Because i never felt the love for sims 3 but i didnt bash the game over and over to other people, and i especially wouldn't visit that forum to put it down
  • Options
    LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    A little. Mostly if they haven't played it. But I LOVE Sims 3 so I also get it.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    There was a time when I decided to talk to a person that loved the sims 3 and when I said Stuff packs were a lot better than stuff packs in the sims 3 he literally said my opinion was wrong and crappy. Then another person joined in. I was literally just trying to have a conversation but these people just started attacking me so I just wanted out of the convo and deleted my messages and then they tried making it seem like I was the "bad guy" in the conversation and how I tried to tell the dude to "Shutup and go away" when I never said anything like that to him. After that I just kind of felt like it was best to not look at the comments on the sims 4 videos anymore lol but also during the entire day after that event I was not in a good mood. I almost felt like crying.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    TDU90 wrote: »
    No lol.

I was addicted to ts2. But the sims 4 is my favorite. I think its the perfect sims game. And wish it would have been the only one instead.
    You wish the game you favour was the only one on planet Earth? Wow. You just answered your own question I suppose, you must be very bothered by what other people feel and say (and prefer and play).
    LadyJester wrote: »
    There was a time when I decided to talk to a person that loved the sims 3 and when I said Stuff packs were a lot better than stuff packs in the sims 3 he literally said my opinion was wrong and plum. Then another person joined in. I was literally just trying to have a conversation but these people just started attacking me so I just wanted out of the convo and deleted my messages and then they tried making it seem like I was the "bad guy" in the conversation and how I tried to tell the dude to "Shutup and go away" when I never said anything like that to him. After that I just kind of felt like it was best to not look at the comments on the sims 4 videos anymore lol but also during the entire day after that event I was not in a good mood. I almost felt like crying.
    Not a very sympathic person (Sims 3 SP's aren't its crown jewels by the way and that's an understatement). So in that case yes, I can understand how that hurts.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    No. What bothers me is these bait argument 3 VS 4 threads keep popping up over and over . Find another hobby. If you like 4 better, play 4. If you like 3 better, play 3 . Your time could be spent playing the game you enjoy instead. Enjoy your game whatever your playing
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member

It wasn't?
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I think some, those who like Sims 3 are just insecure about the 'better' game. I think they KNOW or think Sims 4 is such a big improvement they feel the need to convince others that it isn't. I mean, OP, you are sure Sims 4 is better so you don't need to argue it, or push it off on others. When people are insecure they do things to comfort themselves. Convince themselves of what they want to believe by trying to push the opinion on others.

And...
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I do love sims 3 rpg style gameplay. But ts3 is unplayable after a few EPS...

Ts4 I still have faith in it , hopefully it will be as good or even better than ts2.

I too, find/ found this statement about Sims 3 to be TRUE.

Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top