The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone tell me what happened here?

So I started a new game (kinda) and I made this sim:
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

The only thing is, that's not her. Well, that's not her hair. It's a braid, as shown there, but it's not like broken into those weird sections. It's just reg. hair. Can someone tell me if this is just bad CC or if I can fix it?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it's bad CC, but you definitely downloaded a hair with really bad texture. If you remember the name of it, you can uninstall it and search My Sims 3 Blog for a different texture.
  • Options
    td998td998 Posts: 358 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think so, when I put it on her in CAS it looked fine, unless that's what usually happens, I really have no experience don't listen to me
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2013
    hmm i seen this before i think its the custom hair color problem
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2013
    td998 wrote:
    I don't think so, when I put it on her in CAS it looked fine, unless that's what usually happens, I really have no experience don't listen to me

This seems to be the case most of the time. It will just fine in CAS but is a complete disaster when you finally get into game.
  • Options
    TheNay83TheNay83 Posts: 3,253 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've seen this before on my desktop. Low settings and a crappy graphic card was the cause of some hairs looking janky.

I have that same hair on my laptop and it looks fine.. however my settings are set to the highest and it has a better graphic card than my desktop. A lot of CC hairs are meant to be used with high settings but that's unfair to some.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited May 2013
    TheNay83 wrote:
    I've seen this before on my desktop. Low settings and a crappy graphic card was the cause of some hairs looking janky.

I have that same hair on my laptop and it looks fine.. however my settings are set to the highest and it has a better graphic card than my desktop. A lot of CC hairs are meant to be used with high settings but that's unfair to some.

I had the same problem as well, but then I updated my graphics driver and it fixed it... so yeah I agree.
  • Options
    td998td998 Posts: 358 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh **** I guess I'll just give her a new hair then, I had another in mind.