Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone tell me what happened here?

So I started a new game (kinda) and I made this sim:
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

The only thing is, that's not her. Well, that's not her hair. It's a braid, as shown there, but it's not like broken into those weird sections. It's just reg. hair. Can someone tell me if this is just bad CC or if I can fix it?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it's bad CC, but you definitely downloaded a hair with really bad texture. If you remember the name of it, you can uninstall it and search My Sims 3 Blog for a different texture.
  • Options
    td998td998 Posts: 358 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think so, when I put it on her in CAS it looked fine, unless that's what usually happens, I really have no experience don't listen to me
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2013
    hmm i seen this before i think its the custom hair color problem
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited May 2013
    td998 wrote:
    I don't think so, when I put it on her in CAS it looked fine, unless that's what usually happens, I really have no experience don't listen to me

This seems to be the case most of the time. It will just fine in CAS but is a complete disaster when you finally get into game.
  • Options
    TheNay83TheNay83 Posts: 3,253 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've seen this before on my desktop. Low settings and a crappy graphic card was the cause of some hairs looking janky.

I have that same hair on my laptop and it looks fine.. however my settings are set to the highest and it has a better graphic card than my desktop. A lot of CC hairs are meant to be used with high settings but that's unfair to some.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited May 2013
    TheNay83 wrote:
    I've seen this before on my desktop. Low settings and a crappy graphic card was the cause of some hairs looking janky.

I have that same hair on my laptop and it looks fine.. however my settings are set to the highest and it has a better graphic card than my desktop. A lot of CC hairs are meant to be used with high settings but that's unfair to some.

I had the same problem as well, but then I updated my graphics driver and it fixed it... so yeah I agree.
  • Options
    td998td998 Posts: 358 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh **** I guess I'll just give her a new hair then, I had another in mind.