Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Murphy Bed !

Comments

• Options
    VYXVYX Posts: 19 Member
    It looks like a fun addition though I'm more interested in the smaller size furniture. Kinda hoping for a single murphy bed or a sofa bed too.

If they do a huge update to create the tiny living version of existing objects from other packs then that'll be crazy :o imagine all those large coffee tables packed into one tile object.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Will the Death.Toggle True prevent my sims from dying of Murphy's Bed?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    The only pack I bought for one thing in TS4 was Perfect Patio for hot tubs, and I don't regret it.

I may buy Tiny Living, but it won't be just for the Murphy Bed, but because my favorite starter lot (Nookstone, in Oasis Springs) is tiny and I would love to make it more efficient - although honestly it is just enough for my single Sims.

Also, I find it tedious to see complaints over what packs do not include. If they are not what you want, simply do not buy them. Buy them if the features they have are those you want to add to your play. It really is that simple.

Why no bunkbeds or ladders? Obviously, because this particular architecture finds those tricky to implement, or we would have them sooner. The demand is known.

They aren't holding out from spite. I am sure when they can make them work, we'll see them, quite possibly in a free content patch. Until then, beating up the dev team or imputing evil motives is not really sporting, so please don't.

This! Yes we have pool ladders and the animation of sims climbing them, but for bunk beds the ladder climbing animation has to combined with an animation for them to get in the bed once at the top, and we all know if that animation is substandard then all these same people will completely up in arms and unable to forgive. *see toddler pack ball pit v1. I am sure the devs are likely working on it and if it can be done, it likely will be.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    After I saw what the Murphy bed did to this poor sim, I won't allow any of my sims to ever sleep in it.

81997676_1473903396093284_5609508230976765952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=wvsbxR1slqIAQn0Ao8pHTeWv_6wtWm5QHz7UgKCvDRz2TJsgMqtZuDw6w&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=35236abde9b90ce2e5a3170ab4c4d95f&oe=5E9DCFB7

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I know right, I would feel bad for them lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    The only pack I bought for one thing in TS4 was Perfect Patio for hot tubs, and I don't regret it.

I may buy Tiny Living, but it won't be just for the Murphy Bed, but because my favorite starter lot (Nookstone, in Oasis Springs) is tiny and I would love to make it more efficient - although honestly it is just enough for my single Sims.

Also, I find it tedious to see complaints over what packs do not include. If they are not what you want, simply do not buy them. Buy them if the features they have are those you want to add to your play. It really is that simple.

Why no bunkbeds or ladders? Obviously, because this particular architecture finds those tricky to implement, or we would have them sooner. The demand is known.

They aren't holding out from spite. I am sure when they can make them work, we'll see them, quite possibly in a free content patch. Until then, beating up the dev team or imputing evil motives is not really sporting, so please don't.

This👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2020
    "Don't like, don't buy" doesn't address possible anti-consumer principals, and it doesn't encourage constructive criticism. It just puts the blame on us for not liking what they're doing, and it's basically an argument to quiet people who dissent. It doesn't fix anything.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    "Don't like, don't buy" doesn't address possible anti-consumer principals, and it doesn't encourage constructive criticism. It just puts the blame on the us for not liking what they're doing, and it's basically an argument to quiet people who dissent. It doesn't fix anything.

^---- THIS
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    In Sims 3, I lost too many Sims to Murphy beds. I mean like, probably only one Sim, but that was too many. For Sims 4, it's so hard to kill a Sim on accident that I'm not worried. You probably have to be eaten by a Murphy bed twice in a 4-hour period.

I'd rather have bunk beds, but I'll take what I can get.
    Ha! I love your post. Too true about the "eaten twice in a 4-hour period" I bet you are right.

• Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    The Murphy bed looks cool enough, I guess... I confess I don't get the obsession over it. But adding a new death chance to it has upped the ante, so I'm casually interested. The space saving concept is neat and tiny homes are definitely a rising thing in the U.S. I'm interested in what they have to show on the live stream.

But I also think it's weird that a tiny house would increase relationships. I'd rather have a choice to increase or decrease because I honestly don't see how being in a confined space wouldn't make people fight, lol.

Intimacy is gonna happen in a tiny house, right? - it would either do that, or something very "disaster-ful" if I were living totally crowded in with someone! :wink:

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Honestly all the CAS and BB look pretty good, so ya I care about everything else.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've never seen, or heard of anyone who owns, a Murphy bed in my life. Only place would be TS3, and they were absolutely foreign to me before that. Its not a thing where I'm from.

Bunk beds and sofa beds, however, are very common in my country. I remember my sis and I had a wooden bunk bed painted dark green when we were like 5-6. Those beds are great for saving space when you have kids (we used it to play in too, like pirate ship and pretending it was a castle and so on), same with sofa beds...for all ages, really.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Honestly, I'm not sure I'd ever use it. :/
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    No because ironically Murphy beds take up a ton of space (can’t put anything in front or around them too close) despite them being in a tiny house stuff pack.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    The Murphy bed looks cool enough, I guess... I confess I don't get the obsession over it. But adding a new death chance to it has upped the ante, so I'm casually interested. The space saving concept is neat and tiny homes are definitely a rising thing in the U.S. I'm interested in what they have to show on the live stream.

But I also think it's weird that a tiny house would increase relationships. I'd rather have a choice to increase or decrease because I honestly don't see how being in a confined space wouldn't make people fight, lol.

Intimacy is gonna happen in a tiny house, right? - it would either do that, or something very "disaster-ful" if I were living totally crowded in with someone! :wink:

XD Just gonna say if I was stuck with someone or even my lover in a tiny house...I'd be in A BAD mood and very grumpy xD
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'm all about that pond I saw🤭

The pond is already in game. Check out the debug menu for various options of it :)

It’s not the same as the fishing pond in debug, or the pond we got in Get Famous it’s a kidney shaped pond surrounded by rocks. It look different from any pond we have or can draw right now.
    mgoBbYI.png[\spoiler]

Oh I wasn't looking closely. I think we are both wrong. Notice it has fountain sprinklers in it. Probably a fountain made with the fountain tool and made to look more rounded with rocks.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So with the new patch we can update the comfort of any bed as long as you have the items needed and handiness level, neat. Might consider the Murphy beds now
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited January 2020
    "Don't like, don't buy" doesn't address possible anti-consumer principals, and it doesn't encourage constructive criticism. It just puts the blame on us for not liking what they're doing, and it's basically an argument to quiet people who dissent. It doesn't fix anything.

Exactly! The people who keep saying "Don't like it, don't buy it!" are simply attempting to silence those of us who won't just buy anything EA throws at us or shoves down our throats...

What I find ridiculous is the fact that many Simmers will literally buy anything and everything EA throws at them... all because it's The Sims. I swear (and I've said this before), they could release a "My First Trash Can Stuff Pack" and these players will be all over it! They'd literally be excited about a stuff pack focusing on garbage... "It's so cool that we're being charged $10 for a new garbage can!!!"

'Tiny Living' is honestly even more cringe worthy than 'My First Pet'... and the way fans are reacting to it disturbs me... people are literally excited about spending $10 for a Murphy Bed that was originally going to be in 'City Living', but then delayed to 'Discover University', and then pulled at last minute to make an extra $10 from everyone.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    edited January 2020

Exactly! The people who keep saying "Don't like it, don't buy it!" are simply attempting to silence those of us who won't just buy anything EA throws at us or shoves down our throats...

What I find ridiculous is the fact that many Simmers will literally buy anything and everything EA throws at them... all because it's The Sims. I swear (and I've said this before), they could release a "My First Trash Can Stuff Pack" and these players will be all over it! They'd literally be excited about a stuff pack focusing on garbage... "It's so cool that we're being charged $10 for a new garbage can!!!"

'Tiny Living' is honestly even more cringe worthy than 'My First Pet'... and the way fans are reacting to it disturbs me... people are literally excited about spending $10 for a Murphy Bed that was originally going to be in 'City Living', but then delayed to 'Discover University', and then pulled at last minute to make an extra $10 from everyone.

Objection. 😄 Speculation. Poster has no knowledge of the development team's game design plans.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It's pretty irritating when people speculate but say things like they are a confirmed fact.

As for me, I would never buy a pack just for one item as I would find that ludicrous. But I will be buying this pack as I like the look of almost everything in it.

I do think they made a mistake with the relationship bonus. Should have either been non existing or a relationship penalty.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I’m not spending $10 for a Murphy Bed, I’m spending $10 to get more furniture and STUFF. And you don’t know if it was meant to be in another pack, especially discover University 🙄 Unless you work there you don’t know anything...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

'Tiny Living' is honestly even more cringe worthy than 'My First Pet'..
    . and the way fans are reacting to it disturbs me... people are literally excited about spending $10 for a Murphy Bed that was originally going to be in 'City Living', but then delayed to 'Discover University', and then pulled at last minute to make an extra $10 from everyone.

I disagree. I still don't own MFP and I never will. I still don't own Luxury party" and never will.

But this? I want it for MY game.... MY style of playing Sims. I don't do mansions well. I don't do big lots well. As far as realism and playing "real" goes, for me? This adds to that aspect. For me.

So "don't like it, don't buy it" still applies.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

:o My First Trash Can Stuff Pack :o I would love this. I have been waiting a long time for a grungy type pack. Bet there would be some good stuff in that pack!

I have to say, I love everything in this pack! I don't know how often I would use the murphy bed, but I absolutely will use everything else. Guess I am paying mainly for everything else :D $10 well spent!

Sorry if I disturbed you :'(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

:o My First Trash Can Stuff Pack :o I would love this. I have been waiting a long time for a grungy type pack. Bet there would be some good stuff in that pack!

I have to say, I love everything in this pack! I don't know how often I would use the murphy bed, but I absolutely will use everything else. Guess I am paying mainly for everything else :D $10 well spent!

Sorry if I disturbed you :'(

Ooh, a grunge pack!! What a brilliant idea, I would totally buy this! We definitely need more assets for low income and slum lord living. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Gosh I've wanted a grunge/apocalyptic style pack for the longest. I did create a pretty broken down looking town using cc but nothing beats the real thing. As long as you don't scroll to far outside and see the beautiful suburban backgrounds it's kinda believable 🤣🤣 that's why I want a broken down looking world also.

I do feel like people are focusing too much on the Murphy bed. This pack is full of non Murphy bed stuff that I would like to have.
  • Options
    My First Trash Can Stuff Pack...Trash can man... Stephen King... what? Oh, just dreaming of strange things.... :wink: