Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you enjoy Laundry Day?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I use some of the various BB items that came with the pack all the time, but I have zero interest in doing laundry, so I never use the hampers or actual laundry appliances.

I might use them once in a while for a change in game play IF everything in this game wasn’t so obnoxiously overdone and it wasn’t an instant risk of being completely overrun with dirty laundry nonstop.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Pretty much because I enjoy making my Sims to wash their cloths (IRL, I really hate this chore). :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    yes, i really love this pack. I use the machines a lot. Not sure how the wash tub works tbh. I've tried a couple times. I'll look it up some day. The b/b cas items are nice. I love how the maid will wash the clothes too.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    Aaaaargh this pack makes me so overwhelmed and frustrated ! I need my Sims to make their 🐸🐸🐸🐸 laundry all the time, because the housekeeper doesn't always do it, I dunno why...
    I need a butler, but you can't use a butler in Tiny Living, they need a bed to sleep into... :smiley:
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I enjoy it quite a bit!
  • Options
    taschatascha Posts: 52 Member
    Aaaaargh this pack makes me so overwhelmed and frustrated ! I need my Sims to make their 🌺🌺🌺🌺 laundry all the time, because the housekeeper doesn't always do it, I dunno why...
    I need a butler, but you can't use a butler in Tiny Living, they need a bed to sleep into... :smiley:

Put a bed outside for the butler :D
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I like the pack just fine and I like the idea of Sims washing their clothes and it gives the younger generations chores to do other than put away dirty dishes. But I don't have it in all my households, maybe about 7 households. But I did find that the whole washing/drying process can really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off and has caused me to yell at my computer screen sometimes which can be emberrasing. Especially when my Sims go from one hamper and instead of going to the next one and consolidate the dirty clothes into one bag, the Sim puts the 1st load straight into the washing machine and I have to have him go back for the other load. That can be infuriating if the house is several levels and the laundry room is in the basement or the attic.

But I have found a good solution. Hamper(s) go into the laundry room and they will get filled even though the Sims take off their dirty clothes several floors above the room. Then I assign a Sim to do the laundry, usually a teen or a child if they are present. I learned that trick with an apartment complex that had a shared laundryroom because the maid does not work well with laundry and locked doors, even though the doors are set to be open for services like the maid service. If the household is big or an apartment complex I place more than 1 washing machine and dryer. I have x3 washing/dryer combo in one household.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Hell's bells, no! With it, it feels like I'm not doing anything besides laundry! And don't even start with me about fresh clothes animation...UGH!
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    tascha wrote: »
    I personally don't own the pack yet, but wanted to know if you all enjoy it? Do you find that you use it often? When playing with a new family do you make sure to add the laundry items into the house? And if so, do you use just the machines, or do you actually use the wash tub and clothesline?

I do like alot of the BB and CAS items, I don't add laundry items to every res lot but to some (I'd say half and half), I use the clothesline when I got space for it (while also having the dryer, as in real life if the weather is good I use the clothesline), only used the wash tub once though, maybe when I every make an off the grid lot I will.
    So overall, yeah I like it, it doesn't add that much to gameplay for me but it's nice.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I rarely ever use the actual laundry part (washing and drying clothes) but I do use everything else in it.
  • Options
    TheRepoManSamTheRepoManSam Posts: 16 Member
    Washer/Dryer vs. Bucket/Clothesline. Depends whether or not my sims’ lifestyle is really busy or not. I didn’t vote for the pack, but I enjoyed it ok. The only real complaint is that you have to direct your sim to Press Start after they’ve added clothes. This tiny detail makes it less enjoyable overall.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I stopped with the laundry and never used it again. Got fed up of playful sims and the constant piles of clothes all over the place.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I like most of the objects & outfits, it gives a rustic look & goes well with the Cats & Dogs game. However, I never use the washer, dryer & the outdoor dryline, it's boring.
  • Options
    PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    Love it! Especially the sounds of washer and dryer. I upgrade the machines except for the silent run upgrade. I also like the decor shelves.
    Most households have to do their laundry. Occasionally when I focus a household on other goals i dont give them laundry for example University.
    I love the pack!
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    I Love this Pack!!! I downloaded Willow Creek Laundromat from the gallery and I go there to do about 5 -6 loads a week. This is really cool gameplay!!! in order to use multiple washing and dryer machines at the laudromat, you have to have at least 5-6 hampers around your house. Select "Do Laundry", As you empty each hamper cancel action to leave the pile on floor, then put the pile in your inventory. Do that for the other hampers as well. You should now have about 5 -6 separate loads in your inventory. Travel to the Laundromat that you downloaded from the gallery. The great thing about this gameplay is that it takes a decent amount of time to do this while you eat from the snack machine,watch tv, or listen to the radio. Enjoy!!!

Gallery Item: Willow Creek Laundromat
    EA ID: magooo63
  • Options
    KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    I use this pack ALL the time. Almost every home I build has either the washing machines or the wash tub and line. Also, I use the shelving and decor a lot plus the outfits are cute too. Oddly enough its one of my favorite stuff packs.
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Not really. I always place the stuff, because it feels like cheating not using it, but I honestly don't think it's worth the money, at all.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek