Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you enjoy Laundry Day?

I personally don't own the pack yet, but wanted to know if you all enjoy it? Do you find that you use it often? When playing with a new family do you make sure to add the laundry items into the house? And if so, do you use just the machines, or do you actually use the wash tub and clothesline?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2019
    I would say that I do enjoy having the pack because it's gameplay that I use on every save. Just wish the animation for sims transporting the laundry bag wasn't buggy.

I use the washer and drier when my sims can afford them. The biggest hassle for me with the clothesline is that in fall or winter it takes a lot of time for the clothes to dry since it's constantly raining, depending on where your sims live too. Which is fairly realistic though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Meh.

Use it occasionally. Typically it lights on fire.

The timing of overall game clock vs. time to transfer laundry between wash and dryer is incredibly off. So usually totally forget about laundry. Also it doesn’t even really impact gameplay so it doesn’t matter either way.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I use the washing machine and clothes line. (Place under a shelter or clothes won't dry when it rains, haha)
    I dont' use it for all families but I do like the pack and even when I don't use the game play of it I use the other furniture items a lot!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I use the CAS a lot, and if I built more I would use the BB a lot as well. I don't do actual laundry a lot though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    For me, a stuff pack is about the stuff. I don't always care about the extra gameplay item. And I love the CAS and build stuff in this pack. I have used them a lot. I wasn't that interested in the actual laundry feature initially (I bought the pack for the CAS and build stuff), but I actually like the wash tub and clothes line and I do use them in some of my games. I rarely use the washer and drier.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yeah, the CAS and BB is great. I've only ever used the machines, never the wash tub. I prefer for my sims to just take care of all of the laundry needs inside.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I use all but the actual laundry gameplay. The BB and CAS items are amongst my favourites in the series, it has a gorgeous aesthetic!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited December 2019
    I use it a lot, I like the build/buy and I like my sims to have washing machines and dryers.

The dryer sometimes lights on fire but if you clean the filter before using it you should be fine. Also it can be updated to be fireproof.

The only thing I find annoying is if you don’t take the clothes out of the washer or dryer right when it’s done, they start getting dirty again, which is realistic for the washer, if you leave your laundry in a washer for too long it stinks, but I don’t get it when it comes to the dryer, once your laundry is dry it shouldn’t start becoming dirty again!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I do enjoy it very much :) I love the gameplay objects and I very much love the CAS.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Laundry Day is my favourite SP so far. It is one of the larger SPs and I use both the CAS/BB and gameplay often. There is just something really satisfying about watching my sims do their laundry. I use mostly use the machines and clothesline unless I'm playing off the grid. It works particularly well with families and Parenthood. I definitely recommend it.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    It's something I use for a bit of realism and add to a fresh save when the family can afford it and the stuff they need for their main skills are satisfied.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yup, I use it in most of my saves and add the BB items to builds. The only thing I haven't used from the gameplay objects is the wash tub.
  • Simst3rSimst3r Posts: 107 Member
    Seeming as though I love doing laundry in real life (I know, I'm weird), I actually enjoyed this pack too.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I try to put laundry in every home. I find it more enjoyable to make my Sims kids do laundry than the adults doing laundry.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I love this pack! Mostly for the build/buy and CAS items. But I do use the washer/dryer for some of my more established Sims and the clothesline/wash tub for my off the grid and Rags to Riches Sims. I use the other build/buy and CAS features way more often though. :)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I enjoy it way more than I thought I would, that's for sure. And I only ever use the machines.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've only used the laundry machines and hampers, not the clothesline and washer. I've also used some of the shelves and objects. I've definitely used the clothing and hairstyles, some of which, I voted for. I definitely voted in that blue shelf and some of the other objects.

I add it nearly any time that I have the space. I wouldn't say that I "enjoy" it but it adds realism and another thing that they need to manage. On a rainy day or at night, they'll get the laundry going. I'm not always great about moving the laundry promptly. Sometimes I'm on top of it and sometimes, it is very much on the back burner.

I have a theory that it breaks more when I pause the game and since I usually pause quickly while moving around or switching to a different sim, I need to be a bit careful or it breaks often. I always clean the lint filter on the dryer so it doesn't catch on fire. I think they added that because people were upset about Dangerous Stuff losing, so it's a new way to die.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I do like the Laundry Day pack, I use it in all of my saves, but there are a few things that I find a bit frustrating. The animation for sims carrying the laundry bag is buggy, I thought there was a fix for it that was put in a patch recently, but it was working properly for a short time, and then went back to the bugged animation.

The sims need to be instructed to turn on the washer and dryer, otherwise they will just put it in and wander off. I find that a bit annoying, they should just turn it on after they load it, like in Sims 3.
    Laundry seems to accumulate quick, my Sims generally do a lot of laundry everyday, it truly seems never ending for a small family.. But I guess that is a bit more realistic? lol

I like the option of doing laundry by hand, but it does take a bit, the drying on a clothes line isn't much different than Sims 3. The machines seem to break frequently, I ended up getting a mod for it, and it breaks down much less.

I like the realism it brings to the game, and a lot of the CAS items are things that I generally use a lot. I get a lot out of the buy items too, the pack has a lot of really nice looking items.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I like a lot of the BB, I build a lot and I do find it useful. Mainly because I think there is a lack of non-modern BB in general, so it is nice to have the more rustic stuff. I voted for that art style and am glad it's in the game.

I don't use the gameplay a ton, I've started to use it a bit in one family. It's annoying that you can't collect all the laundry at once - if I have multiple hampers throughout the house, your sim has to go hamper 1 - washing machine - hamper 2 - washing machine - etc. instead of being able to go around all the hampers. Plus I find it accumulates far too quickly! I'm planning to try it with a smaller family with only one hamper to see if that's better, as I was using a family of 5/6 sims.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    yes this is my favorite pack. I use it all the time. If you have slob sims, just put a hamper or wash tub on the lot and they will leave dirty clothes everywhere.

If you have seasons, wake up Patchy and he will wash your clothes in the washtub.

To answer your question, I use both. I try to always place a clothes line if I don't do a washtub. Sometimes Sims will use the dryer or the clothes line or both. The maid will use both.

You will need to upgrade the washer, dryer, and clothesline and they dryer can set your house on fire if you are not careful.

You can also use fruit and flowers in the washtub and upgraded washer. So great pack to have.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    tascha wrote: »
    I personally don't own the pack yet, but wanted to know if you all enjoy it?

No. It just adds more work, and the machines often need repair.
    Do you find that you use it often?

Yes. The pack also brought a new set of emotions related to cleanliness of clothes.
    When playing with a new family do you make sure to add the laundry items into the house? And if so, do you use just the machines, or do you actually use the wash tub and clothesline?

Yes, I added laundry items to every played home except vacation homes and student homes.
    The sims usually use washing machines and dryers, but clotheslines are also used in houses with room for clotheslines.

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Depends. Some games I'll use it, some I won't. It's really good for:
    1) Households with kids to boost their responsibility.
    2) Households where one Sim is acting as a live-in butler.
    3) Off-the-grid or historical households; just helps add to the feel. (Though the fact that I can't change the water in the tub off-grid without going into build mode, deleting the tub and building a new one is kind of annoying.)

I'll avoid it if the house has a lot of members, just because it'll because too much, and it's not fun. I love the building items so I'll use those a lot even when I don't use the actual washer/dryer. Those were what made me finally get the pack when there was a sale. I'd been avoiding it just because it didn't sound like much fun. (Like others have said, I don't want to do laundry in real life, so there's only specific circumstances I have any interest in my Sims doing it.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • taschatascha Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2019
    @BoergeAarg61
    How do you do vacation homes?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    edited December 2019
    Other than various CAS & bb items I ignore it completely. Which is why when I eventually got it I waited until it was on sale.
    Post edited by Oldeseadogge on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nope. I don't hate it but I don't really like how it was done. I mainly use it as something for my butlers to do so I make dirty clothes for them :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(