Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OK, I see Men in Black, Close Encounters ..3rd Kind so far. Any more?

The Strangeville Trailer seems to be full of references to films or conspiracy files. Man and woman in Black, returned old aircraft and airman. Did anybody pick up any more?

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    Also .. I wonder if we might, at last have a use for the four level basements which are not very interesting at the moment. I am thinking of an underground base. :)
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Stranger Things
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Stranger Things

In what way? I didn't see that.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    X Files. :p
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The plant thing is giving me a Little Shop of Horrors vibe. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Stranger Things

In what way? I didn't see that.

I just get that kind of vibe in the second half, a lot of the stuff that reminded of it isn't exclusive to ST though.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Definitely stranger things. There was a sim in a white space looking suit entering an area with particles floating around. Also the clouded sky with lightening at the end. All reminds me of the upside down.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I'm just wondering who the alien(s) is/are. I hope they aren't the ones from Close Encounters. I found them very disappointing. I'm hoping more reptilian or Dr Who kind of this time or even Dragonlike. (ie: Anne McCaffrey) Dragonriders novels. Like the adventure vibe though as I like WA best of Sims 3.
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    It reminds me a lot of Night Vale? Although that may be my love of the podcast. But yknow, desert town and mysterious happenings give me that vibe.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I'm just wondering who the alien(s) is/are. I hope they aren't the ones from Close Encounters. I found them very disappointing. I'm hoping more reptilian or Dr Who kind of this time or even Dragonlike. (ie: Anne McCaffrey) Dragonriders novels. Like the adventure vibe though as I like WA best of Sims 3.

Ohhhh if we ever got Dragons ala Dragonriders I would die a happy simmer
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Not quite die but I would be very happy! Not likely I expect as they would be too difficult and expensive for our team to make. :(
  • Options
    I just hope it's not "V". Some people really believe those aliens are living amongst us in disguise, even as our royal family!!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member

I think it's a type of mutated plant. There were a lot of references to plants and trees from the devs, and in the trailer you can see a plant pod.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    LiELF wrote: »

I think it's a type of mutated plant. There were a lot of references to plants and trees from the devs, and in the trailer you can see a plant pod.

Triffids reference? ! :o If you remember the only persons who were not affected were those who didn't look into the sky.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    We already have aliens, so I doubt this pack will involve them. I can see a sentient plant of some kind, either extra-terrestrial or government experiment gone wrong. Or some kind of weird radiation leak.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It reminds me a lot of Night Vale? Although that may be my love of the podcast. But yknow, desert town and mysterious happenings give me that vibe.

Yeah, I’m getting a real Desert Bluffs feeling here.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited February 2019

Night Vale was the first thing my daughter said.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,709 Member
    I don't recall the name of the movie or TV show, but it had everything to do with a biochemical leak. I'm very much intrigued by this GP.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I don't recall the name of the movie or TV show, but it had everything to do with a biochemical leak. I'm very much intrigued by this GP.

Yes. That man is in a decontamination suit. I'm surprised they let those Sims into the area at all. The problem is probably in the garbage bin!

Leaks can happen as I once had to get a smallpox vaccination a long time ago because there was a supposed leak from a laboratory and I wasn't allowed on holiday abroad without one.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Not quite die but I would be very happy! Not likely I expect as they would be too difficult and expensive for our team to make. :(

I'd settle for pet dragons like we had in Sims 3 Dragon Valley. :)

I'm not that sure it's aliens -- they're just throwing in a lot of science fiction references. Maybe that plant was a science experiment went wrong and everyone's trying to fix it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I'd settle for pet dragons like we had in Sims 3 Dragon Valley. :)

I'm not that sure it's aliens -- they're just throwing in a lot of science fiction references. Maybe that plant was a science experiment went wrong and everyone's trying to fix it.

They've put trailers in as in Independence Day so I hope that means Sims can actually live in them and the world and not just visit. I do really think that that garbage bin is a problem. Waste disposal and drains can cause leaks in real life!
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey I just moved this to the Game Pack area, continue your discussion :smile:
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Stranger Things

A bit silly but the name gave me that vibe too. :sweat_smile: I went and generated this as a result: http://makeitstranger.com/stranger-ville :smile:

~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    edited February 2019

I love Night Vale! If anything the association to that podcast and Stranger Things is alone making me want the pack. I'd love to make Cecil and Carlos as sims, and give thm a little non floating Khoshekh the cat :)
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Stranger Things

I'm confused as to why so many people think this is similar to/inspired by Stranger Things. ST has parallel dimensions, a monster (not an infection), centers around 5 kids, and also deals with telekinesis. It's not even based in a desert environment. Now if they made the protagonists in the video children, that would be an obvious nod, but the only correlation I can find is the part "Stranger" in the town name. :p
    aSE16f8.gif