Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apparently my dog is afraid of the toilet

Comments

• Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Oh so far my dog was fearless, but now I realized what his fear is, he is afraid of the computer and my Sim tries to practice writing LOL great combo for real??? :smiley:
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    edited November 2017
    I love this, irl my cats are afraid of the silliest things. One of them was afraid of videos on a mobile phone and the grooming hairbrush (he doesn't get groomed as his hair is very short, it's for my other cat who loves it). My other cat is afraid of the hoover and new people.

One of my cats has obsession with beauty blender sponges XD
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    The cat I've been playing with so far is afraid of the OVEN. Starts hissing and arching his back whenever it's opened/used while he's in the kitchen. Which is a problem because he never seems to leave the kitchen (does not have the glutton trait). His obsession seems to be JUMPING - particularly on countertops.

I don't know if these obsessions and fears seem realistic, though. If anything, they're a bit repetitive. The cat acts on them constantly, and yet almost never on his actual traits. Will need to spend more time with the pack (and with him) to see how things go.
  • Options
    NehemiaNehemia Posts: 2 New Member
    The Shiba I have (friendly, playful and independent) is scared/uncomfortable around music speakers.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    My dog loves the stereo music, but I can't figure out what he's afraid of. He gets this onion like image and hides under the sofa. First time was after someone filled his food bowl.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    So far my kitten hasn't had obsessed over anything yet, and no fears yet. Love this thread!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It turns out my dog is pretty much afraid of everything. I wonder if that's normal. :o
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    My dog loves the stereo music, but I can't figure out what he's afraid of. He gets this onion like image and hides under the sofa. First time was after someone filled his food bowl.

Lucky you, My dog is terrified of the stereo :# and also obsessed with the restaurant-sign in front of the restaurant he lives in :D he falls asleep in front of it. So cute.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    So far my kitten is obsessed with the toilet XD
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited November 2017
    My dog is afraid of the bathtub bahah
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My dog doesn't like the vacumm thing. He goes to hide under the couch whenever I turn it on. He doesn't like the TV either or the cat. I don't remember his traits, but he's afraid of everything it seems. My cat however, loves the vacuum & sits on top of it, just waiting for his owner to turn it on. I'm not getting the pet obsession notification for it, but he's obsessed with it in my opinion, as he will just sit on this vacuum until I turn it on...goes for a spin...will do something else for a little bit and jumps back on that vacuum. I feel like I'm killing two birds with one stone....keeping the house clean from all the pet hair & entertaining the cat all at once :)
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Skosalg wrote: »

Lucky you, My dog is terrified of the stereo :# and also obsessed with the restaurant-sign in front of the restaurant he lives in :D he falls asleep in front of it. So cute.

This tickled me for some reason. All of those tasty smells and foods for the dog to obsess with and his guilty pleasure is the restaurant sigh. :D
    My dog is afraid of the bathtub bahah

Man, bath time for your Sim is going to be fun! I wonder if the animals can fret and try to escape?

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    My dog doesn't like the vacumm thing. He goes to hide under the couch whenever I turn it on. He doesn't like the TV either or the cat. I don't remember his traits, but he's afraid of everything it seems. My cat however, loves the vacuum & sits on top of it, just waiting for his owner to turn it on. I'm not getting the pet obsession notification for it, but he's obsessed with it in my opinion, as he will just sit on this vacuum until I turn it on...goes for a spin...will do something else for a little bit and jumps back on that vacuum. I feel like I'm killing two birds with one stone....keeping the house clean from all the pet hair & entertaining the cat all at once :)

Lol love that :D So far, my cat hasn't been in the mood for roomba-riding. Next one maybe. I got two super easy Afghan dogs (one adult and now a second Afghan puppy), of which only the adult one is slightly afraid of the television. But other than that they're easy. The Border Collie, however, reminds me so ridiculously much of my own dog lol. Always a little whiny, hyperactive, afraid of her own shadow (like you say, seems like she's afraid of everything), and somehow often in heat xD I love her though. Both the real one and the virtual one ;)
  • Options
    joyfulsimmerjoyfulsimmer Posts: 50 Member
    > @LunaNova said:
    > My cat sleep NEXT TO her pet bed XD

My sim dog does too!! It is so much like a real pet, some will sleep on pet beds and some won't lol. :)
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    So, what other quirks, obsessions, and fears have you discovered about your pets? :D

Mine is obsessed with the toilet. It's weird, he lays in the bathroom staring at it all the time. He's afraid of the TV.
  • Options
    MAGICALMJJ13MAGICALMJJ13 Posts: 177 Member
    My dog is obsessed with the television and afraid of the coffee maker. He got scared of it twice, it's pretty funny. He also likes spending all his time down at the docks, hanging out by the vending stalls.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    My sims' Spaniel was hiding under the couch while she was watching a movie. I kept wondering why she was hiding but she came out finally after the TV was cut off XD
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    My kitten is afraid of the oven, and will run under the table whenever it's used. She is seemingly obsessed with the microwave, she constantly meows at it and sits in front of it. I have also noticed that she never uses the pet bed, she likes to sleep next to the master bedroom door.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    My dog is obsessed with the shower-bath XD It acts like it's the best ruddy thing in the world XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    So far I've had a dog that's afraid of the bathtub and a raccoon that's obsessed with the toilet :D
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    Steph_FaragSteph_Farag Posts: 34 Member
    My little pup is obsessed with the stove, how ironic aha
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    My sims adopted a puppy in another save. This one is obsessed with the TV. :D Every time sims watch or play video games, she gets excited.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    mjh4025mjh4025 Posts: 26 Member
    One dog is scared of water and shakes every time my sims take a bath when he is around. Both dogs and the cat are scared of the TV. The love when Johnny Zest plays the guitar though. Loving this pack!
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Mine is afraid of the TV
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    And my dog loves baths he always wants one every day he is so funny. I also have a cat in the game too she has a love thing with the fridge it is her sleeping spot.