Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation- possible seasons icons

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    I want Seasons so bad... I think it will definitely be the next EP, I've seen too much to suggest otherwise. These, the hints in the C&D teasers, and the reindeer jokes are too good not to be true. Maybe we'll even get it before the end of 2018 if I really want to fantasize.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely not real for two reasons.
    First I saw the season renders that Dreagen1 did earlier in the video.
    And two the three sims building an igloo together at the end of the video is an old gameplay from Sims 3: Seasons.

@sunman502 They aren't saying that the renders or the video are in the game, just the Get Together club icons in the video.
    Either way it still doesn't matter because it's fake. Why is it fake? Two reasons: First reason, EA and Maxis will not use another person's renders to promote something. Reason two: EA and Maxis will not use contents, and or gameplay from previous Sims iterations to promote a new game. So even if the club icons are from Get Together, and are shown in the video. The video, and the announcement is still fake news.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    They're just borrowing those assets to fluff the video up while they discuss the icons. The video isn't made by EA obviously, just some dude on youtube speculating on Seasons hints.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2017
    They're just borrowing those assets to fluff the video up while they discuss the icons. The video isn't made by EA obviously, just some dude on youtube speculating on Seasons hints.
    That's exactly what it is.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Aren't there club icons that already exist in game that aren't for any gameplay currently available? If so, then these icons might not mean anything at all and may not even be hints.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well this sounds promising but also a little unnerving. If this is all true, I hope they are adding Seasons across all worlds and not giving us destination season like I saw in older surveys. I think that would be the final nail in the coffin for me if they decide to do this. I am already hanging on by a thread. I haven't even purchased the last two stuff packs and haven't played in a couple of months.

The pets seem cute and interesting but so are toddlers and I am still not playing. I will wait for a 50% sale. I am sure it won't be long considering the holidays are right after release.

Maybe I will play a little today and see if the update fixed some of the issues that made the game unplayable for me.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @keekee53
    I agree I loved having seasons in all worlds and can't imagine anything else.

BTW, if you're not opposed to using mods, I'd suggest Personality Please and Emotional inertia. Depending on your playstyle but I did find that Personality Please made the game much more enjoyable to me and so did the emotion one because it makes it harder to switch moods.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Those pet icons, and season icons and fox icons have been in the game since base game they mean nothing, but are part of the speech and thought bubbles, I guess you could say the are place holders for some expansion packs. However, the cloud with rain coming out is the trait icon for a gloomy sim. A Good Sims trait icon is a Sun. shining simple. I guess they maybe able to reuse those icons for seasons. I guess the sims do dream about pets from time to time.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    edited September 2017
    this is just speculation. evidence is a very strong and misleading word to use for something like this.
    you're probably going to disappoint a lot of people.
    the same goes to whoever made the video with the clickbait title "seasons confirmed???" when in the video he says "it hasn't been confirmed yet" lmao
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »
    this is just speculation. evidence is a very strong and misleading word to use for something like this.
    the same goes to whoever made the video with the clickbait title "seasons confirmed???" when in the video he says "it hasn't been confirmed yet" lmao

Yeah sorry I couldn't think of a title. I'll change it to seasons speculation icons.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »
    If anyone comes into a forum called Speculation and Rumor and is disappointed when the information doesn't turn out to be true, that's definitely not the fault of the people posting here.

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @keekee53
    I agree I loved having seasons in all worlds and can't imagine anything else.

BTW, if you're not opposed to using mods, I'd suggest Personality Please and Emotional inertia. Depending on your playstyle but I did find that Personality Please made the game much more enjoyable to me and so did the emotion one because it makes it harder to switch moods.

Interesting. I will have to check that mod out.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Who knows! Seasons could be a GP, or Seasons could be mixed with destination vacations (considering vacations are in game already). Furthermore, I feel that *Cars* and transportation will brought into the game with a patch.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ahh the thermometer! Is it indicating an actual illness that really affects the sim!?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    HiddenObjectsSlushieHiddenObjectsSlushie Posts: 10 New Member
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > ChadSims2 wrote: »
    >
    > What do the 2 crowns have to do with Seasons? am I missing something obvious...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'll think maybe like Spring king and queen for a spring dance? lol I don't know. I actually originally thought about Prom king and queen when I saw that.

For some reason, I'm leaning more towards an autumn Renaissance Faire vibe...
  • Options
    HiddenObjectsSlushieHiddenObjectsSlushie Posts: 10 New Member
    > @KatyJay88 said:
    > 06Bon06 wrote: »
    >
    > Simsfan99111 wrote: »
    >
    > I hope we get seasons ep next! I have a feeling those are just icon though and not hints.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Correct me if I am wrong but aren't those icons used in game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Isn't the school bus one used when something happens at school? Like good or bad? The snow/fall ones are definitely not in game as far as I know.

And, the snooty-cat icon is definitely used in the C&D trailer...