Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are we getting some old families back?

HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
Since the game release, we only got known families on the Base Game. I miss the Crumplebottoms, the Newbies. And I know i'm not the only one.
I miss when the developers used to spend time creating a good backstory for each family and world, rather than just throwing 4 or 5 random and unmemorable families into each world.
I don't like using the ones from the gallery, I would like to see official versions.
Male. INFP. Virgo.
Post edited by HausOfSuper on

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    It's a bummer but not every family from previous games gets added to current ones. I'm sure folks have made TS4 versions of those families on the gallery. Plus who knows, they may make an appearance in a later neighborhood/expansion/etc.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    It's not quite the same but there are a lot of fan created versions on the gallery. I created a save file with a nice mix of families from all four games.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    It seems to be a thing for them now to just create new families that are very similar to premades from older games. The Pancakes resemble the Newbies very much for example, and the Fyres have some similarities with the Pleasants.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited August 2017
    I recreated Skip and Brandi Broke and their kids back when S4 was launched. I'm currently playing their descendant Rusty Broke. He's living in San Myshuno with Penny Pizzazz. They have a daughter Justine and a baby on the way. I love pre-mades!

One of my favorite families from Sims 2 and 3 are the Dreamers. I hope to see them again in S4.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Back in TS3, which was a prequel to TS1 and TS2 (though each world seemed to be in a different timeline...), I LOVED when EA added older families, cause I really wanted to know their backstories and I actually wanted to know about sims who only appeared deceased before that...

Now with TS4's "alternate universe" thing, I'm really not excited for them anymore cause EA will just change whatever they want (such as the Caliente sisters' mother...) so it has no value for me anymore...

This is why I started recreating sims from TS3 (Link in my signature) cause since it's an 'alternate universe', I don't need 'official' EA versions of them...
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I miss the Langerak house; With Dustin Langerak, a married man, now and then flirting back and forth with his cute sister-in-law Zelda Mae. I also liked the Keaton house. Lovely Justine who's also preggo from the start, one time they had a boy, and when he got to be a teen, Marty and him where enemies also fighting, and I DO mean they did that 'Fight!' interaction, Marty, however looked to me like the bad guy.
    Granted the families wouldn't be the same but still, just having them. I also liked that apartment building with those 4 women, House hold name I forgot but, had those three befriends and one want-to-be. One of the women a tom-boy... Anyway, I liked that house too... Working friends?
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Back in TS3, which was a prequel to TS1 and TS2 (though each world seemed to be in a different timeline...), I LOVED when EA added older families, cause I really wanted to know their backstories and I actually wanted to know about sims who only appeared deceased before that...

Now with TS4's "alternate universe" thing, I'm really not excited for them anymore cause EA will just change whatever they want (such as the Caliente sisters' mother...) so it has no value for me anymore...

This is why I started recreating sims from TS3 (Link in my signature) cause since it's an 'alternate universe', I don't need 'official' EA versions of them...

It can be not exciting as it was in the previous games; but its definitely better than creating new families with basically no backstories.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    My favorite save is the one where I play with TS4 premades(I've made them hotter without losing their features), the Sims from TS4 trailers(I've made them hotter too) and some premades from other Sims games(1-3). I've created them by myself but they have turned out amazing.
    I play with aging off while playing with that save and I play will all the families. They all have big problems and great drama going on.
    I used to be a family player but now I enjoy ths more than anything else ever.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Yeah I like to add the households from the trailers uploaded by maxiscreator_01 on the gallery when the originals start to die off. I kind of like them a bit more than some of the newer premades because we know a bit about them from the trailers.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @MrMonty96 I have downloaded all the Sims(from trailers) from maxiscreator_01 to live with my premades. They fit for my stories so well. Tbh the main reason why I'm waiting for new EP is new premades. Then comes new hairstyles and clothes.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    For me, it's the Pleasent household that I really miss playing
  • Options
    Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2017
    I've recreated a lot of the previous sims from 1, 2 and 3. I kept waiting for Maxis to bring them back. I had a lot of fun creating them and some of the houses. I think I got pretty close to the originals. It's rewarding to see them "alive" again in a new version of Sim reality, especially when they act like their original versions, in fact, spooky sometimes!

@HausOfSuper I really miss the back stories too. I was playing Sims 3 the other day and sometimes the story didn't match the in-game character relationships. Sims 2 had the best back stories.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    A pregnant Brandi Broke with a teen and toddler, and a dead husband drowned in the backyard might be a good premade family they could add, but her house would have to be very stark so she doesn't get happy all the time with decorative buffs. She was one of the hardest and best premades I ever played. It was hilarious because I had no idea how to train her little boy to use the potty chair back then, lol. I was scared to death I was going to kill them off at any minute. Her teen son was a mess, and moody, it might work now that we have toddlers and Parenthood.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't know how to feel about it if they would add more of them in. Currently I make them myself or download what others have made. I've had to remake Sims from 4 because they don't feel like Sims from prior games. Like Don in Sims 4 is nothing like the old Don to me. so it's become another form of game play to engage in.
    Waiting for Pets to make a Ginia Kat with her cats. Waiting for a military career to play General Grunt...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I don't like how the Caliente sisters were remade, nor Cassandra Goth, so in a way part of me is glad they haven't tried their hand at other premades from previous games. They butchered the looks and personalities of these sims entirely.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I actually recently decided to try and recreate Sims 2 families and play out their stories. I even thought of remaking any townies the game creates so they look like the Pleasantview townies lol.

Pre mades had such good stories back then, nowadays the story is very minimal and there's no drama going around.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    A pregnant Brandi Broke with a teen and toddler, and a dead husband drowned in the backyard might be a good premade family they could add, but her house would have to be very stark so she doesn't get happy all the time with decorative buffs. She was one of the hardest and best premades I ever played. It was hilarious because I had no idea how to train her little boy to use the potty chair back then, lol. I was scared to death I was going to kill them off at any minute. Her teen son was a mess, and moody, it might work now that we have toddlers and Parenthood.
    One of my favorite things to do in Sims 2 is to play the Broke household without using money cheats. I always sold the backyard pool and the pinball machine so that she could buy a cheap computer. Brandi would usually become an artist so that she could work from home. Eventually, she'd get ahead of the bills and Dustin would turn himself around and get better grades before going off to university. Beau was always a handful. Ah, good times!

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    When I get bored, I download one of the many fantastic families fellow simmers have crafted.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I actually recently decided to try and recreate Sims 2 families and play out their stories. I even thought of remaking any townies the game creates so they look like the Pleasantview townies lol.

Pre mades had such good stories back then, nowadays the story is very minimal and there's no drama going around.

I really miss the dedication with the premades in TS2. The photo album, the memories, the full family trees, the personal bios, the relationships... It was just so interesting getting to know them all!

Back then I was obsessed with the premades more than I were with my own sims...
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »

I really miss the dedication with the premades in TS2. The photo album, the memories, the full family trees, the personal bios, the relationships... It was just so interesting getting to know them all!

Back then I was obsessed with the premades more than I were with my own sims...

SAME!
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @Omri147 I absolutely loved the effort that they put into the Sims 2 premades. I still love them and I am still intrigued with all their stories. It was so intricate. The neighborhood stories, the intertwined family trees etc. Also, when you loaded a family all the relationships etc. matched the backstories. I only play with premades, so if they put as much effort into at least one neighborhood, I would throw my money at them.
  • Options
    MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    I was just thinking about this the other day and started skimming the sims wiki page for families I missed! It really creates such a clever storyline when you get to follow families throughout the games and see how their timelines develop.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I know there were a lot of complaints back in the day about TS3 pre-mades being shallow (which compared to TS2's, it's true) but the lack of depth to them here makes me truly angry! Say what you want about TS3 but it bothered to make people have friends outside of the household and enemies. Now they all start as lukewarm friends to their families and housemates and nothing else. Not everyone was at the beginning of their life stage so you don't get synchronized townie die-offs (and the "end" of the elder life stage wasn't a guaranteed death. Death could be at 90 days or at 130 or more).

There are some TS3 pre-mades I love and really like playing because of what the game made known about them from the start (even if wasn't really much). I like a few TS4 pre-mades because they're hot. But boring.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I agree. I miss a lot of Sims from older games (pleasants, brokes, plantsim Rose and her husband, the alien family in strangetown- forgot their last name). I think it would not bother me as much if the premade sims actually had a story. By story I mean set relationships, memories (although the system sucks in TS4) and family tree that traces back at least 2 generations. TS2 had this (not sure about TS3) and it made the premades so much better. At times, I would play more with premades than my own sims.