Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimguruDrake has spoken...again. No patch/announcement this week.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Hello :) I've already clarified this last week but I stated in another thread that rather than posting a no gif I would just post an excited gif on Monday IF something was happening that week instead --meaning if I don't post a gif it means nothing is happening that week.

There is no news this week, and as @Cement guessed --we do have a patch next week as that will be the end of the Spring Challenge.

More like monday morning or afternoon ?
    I'm asking this because I'm on a different time zone ;)

I like to try and get my images out by 10AM PDT at the latest (sometimes I'm delayed if I'm in meetings as Monday's are my busiest day of the week).

But let's be serious: @SimGuruDrake why you have to torture us with this treatment? :D

Tell that to EA's marketing department or the head of Maxis, Rachel.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Hello :) I've already clarified this last week but I stated in another thread that rather than posting a no gif I would just post an excited gif on Monday IF something was happening that week instead --meaning if I don't post a gif it means nothing is happening that week.

There is no news this week, and as @Cement guessed --we do have a patch next week as that will be the end of the Spring Challenge.

I like to try and get my images out by 10AM PDT at the latest (sometimes I'm delayed if I'm in meetings as Monday's are my busiest day of the week).

But let's be serious: @SimGuruDrake why you have to torture us with this treatment? :D

It's EA's marketing department. Star Wars is going through the same thing right now.

You can even buy a Season Pass and the bare minimum was released by EA to inform customers of what they're getting.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Is the patch adding new gameplay?

Hopefully you will post the excited gif Monday.

I'm 90% sure it's just minor bug fixes and taking out the event, which you know, thank the maker, finally!

It really wasn't that bad, in fact ALOT players on here partook in it. It wasn't intrusive if you didn't want to join.
    It was also a nice flashback to Sims 1 days.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

It's EA's marketing department. Star Wars is going through the same thing right now.

You can even buy a Season Pass and the bare minimum was released by EA to inform customers of what they're getting.

:\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Patch next week! Well no surprise there since it's only been three weeks since the challenges have begun. And to have ended them via patch this week would have meant that they wasn't running for a full month, like what was stated three weeks ago.
    Since there won't be an official announcement made this week. Then maybe there will be one made next week. Do you think that the Game Patch next week might have something in it that has something to do with the next Pack?
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I am hungry for new content. :( My poor wallet is bursting at the seams; it's never seen so much money! I think now would be a good time for you to start helping me out here Gurus. @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruGraham A stuff pack would be a good start but a game pack would be even better. :smiley:
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member

Shocker. FYI @SimGuruDrake the lack of news and new content is going to start causing a lot of fans to lose interest if they haven't already. Something to keep in mind, leaving those of us that put money in your pocket in the dark week after week, month after month isn't the best way to keep us and eventually some of us will be moving onto other games. Tell that to your higher ups that do have a say in when you guys can release news.

🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Well, I certainly hope they plan to announce something new soon... fans are going to start losing interest. The game still lacks a lot of content and gameplay. One can only play for so long until even the recent pack(s) start getting repetitive. The Sims 4 isn't like the other games in the franchise... Sims 2 and Sims 3 allowed me to play for weeks. The Sims 4 only gets addicting for days until it gets repetitive (which is very easy for it to do, again, due to the lack of content). It's hard to play the game without doing the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (x100,000,000,000).

This game practically needs a new pack every week just to keep its playable value up!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    edited April 2016
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    Goodness! Only a week left and I'm still not done.

Right? I have to get busy as well. Sort of like studying the night before a test lol

If your like me and can't really be bothered to do the challenge, I've unlocked the objects on my tumblr treelifeCreations, :)

Edit: More on topic, I used to be disappointed with the lack of news but now I've sort of just lost interest and don't care anymore. I even re-installed sims 3 on my machine.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

:\

I know it sucks. It started happening in Late 2013.
    EA are definitely trying to repair their image behind the scenes, but that means we are still left in dark and it's not working.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Actually I am not waiting around just for items in a SP/GP or EP. Doom, Overwatch and some other exciting game is coming out soon.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Oh, I'm shocked! -not really-

Let's wait for next week!
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

Seems that there will be no pack neither this month... oh well, patch is still considered new content :) I hope it will be huge

I'm just waiting to see if they'll add new things with the patch, because I'm expecting an announcement next week for some reason. It would be announcement about pack, talking about how we'll see Jasmine later, yada yada yada, new things about the pack and a few teasers about what will be in it.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

How is she torturing you? She doesn't create these threads. To be honest she doesn't even have to come and tell everyone no....not this week. She could just stay quiet like everyone else.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    I have stated in the past that if they announce the new Pack to early or to late. Then people will start to lose all interest in it. And that has already begun. I was merely one of the first to have lost all interest in the next Pack do to the fact that the official announcement on it was not made when it should have been. I just hope that whom ever is in charge of the marketing of The Sims at EA can learn from this mistake.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I think what started the next GP hype was that "soon" tweet back in February...now players have been expecting soon for nearly 3 months :/
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Edit: More on topic, I used to be disappointed with the lack of news but now I've sort of just lost interest and don't care anymore. I even re-installed sims 3 on my machine.

I did the same. I'm actually enjoying S3 this time around and I'm only playing the base game. I can't even be bothered booting S4 up anymore.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I think what started the next GP hype was that "soon" tweet back in February...now players have been expecting soon for nearly 3 months :/

I agree. I can understand soon meaning one or two months, but three imo is not soon.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    That's a strong possibility. But they should have gone ahead, and made an announcement on it a month ago. Then people wouldn't be losing interest in it today. In fact, releasing the official announcement a month ago would have had the opposite effect. Because it would have had generated even more interest in it by now. Because people would have been even more hyped up about what's in it, and it's release.

• Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member

I would love to talk with Rachel Franklin :) So I can directly tell her what's wrong with this game!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Patch next week! Well no surprise there since it's only been three weeks since the challenges have begun. And to have ended them via patch this week would have meant that they wasn't running for a full month, like what was stated three weeks ago.
    Since there won't be an official announcement made this week. Then maybe there will be one made next week. Do you think that the Game Patch next week might have something in it that has something to do with the next Pack?

That s what I'm thinking as well plus were overdue for a big patch.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

I agree. I can understand soon meaning one or two months, but three imo is not soon.

It's going to be infuriatingly ironic when the next expansion is advertised as "highly anticipated" because of the past few months.
  • Options

I would love to talk with Rachel Franklin :) So I can directly tell her what's wrong with this game!
    You and me both would love to have a little chat with SimGuruRachel because she has direct contact with EA.

• Options
    Actually I am not waiting around just for items in a SP/GP or EP. Doom, Overwatch and some other exciting game is coming out soon.

Overwatch, Battleborn, Ratchet & Clank (which just got critical acclaim) and so many other games! I'm in no real rush either, since it's a game pack and it will add like a venue or whatever. Which is awesome, but it won't be enough to drive me from other games.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Mooooon cristale POWAAAAAAAH MAAAAAAAKE UP! (sorry I couldn't help myself :p)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1