Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Schemes and Dreams

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    @simgirl1010 The way Ray and Judith’s trip to Forgotten Hollow unfolded and the sudden appearance of the lovable Anna turned everything upside down. The Bailey-Moon’s got lost and now Brytani Cho isn’t nearly as important for getting the story to the bombshell ending of Part One. I’m still trying to figure out how to work her in now.🙂 She’ll be a part of the story eventually but maybe not as a central character.

I do have some work to do in CAS in the near future. I need to create the characters Chloe Devereaux and Brianna Sinclair, Judith’s two prize ‘creations’. I don’t see them as main characters in this part of the story but I won’t rule out a few appearances either. One for sure.

I need to create Ray’s parents too. Her father died years ago but he will be needed for a flashback when Part Two begins, and her mother will be in both flashbacks and the present day too. I can’t say more than that because you know, spoilers!😉
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    @DaniRose2143, don't you just love it when the characters completely derail your well-crafted story plans. :)

Looking forward to seeing where this goes and meeting the new characters... when you're ready.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @luciusstorm I love the unexpected twists and turns the story has taken. Anna alone is worth it.🥰
  • Options
    Chapter Twelve is done! Due to the adult content on the blog I can't directly link to the site here on the open forum.

rXrzUm8.png
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    BTW, the other day in the WHIYGT thread I said you would need tissues for this one. You can put them away for now. I really didn't like the trigger for Anna's grief. The more I thought about it the weaker it became and then there's all the distractions she experienced in the handful of hours since she lost him. We're only a little over 6 hours since the escape. She hasn't been with him in sooo long that it felt too soon for her to be overwhelmed with grief.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    @DaniRose2143, excellent
    That made me smile.

Anna discovering a new world and Ray discovering it right alongside her. Judith seems to be finding her balance again. Very cool.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @luciusstorm
    Thank you. Sometimes a drama free chapter is just what the story needs. I love that most people would consider Anna a monster if they knew she's a vampire and yet she's anything but. She's tougher than she lets on though, she had to be to still be here. They have half a day to figure how they're going to explain Anna's sudden appearance to Tianna and Harley. I can't wait until they take her to the Orchid! That is going to be so much fun! Anna and Mimi in the same chapter! Can the story even handle that much fabulousness at once!😲🤯😁

I've always meant to do a slightly good version of Judith. I didn't intend it to be this one but she's heading in that direction. She will still have her flaws and temper tantrums, but she's going to be so much more than that too.😎
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    @DaniRose2143 That was sweet and heart-warming. Loved it. :smile:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Thank you! I think at this point I can say that's my trademark style.😁
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,436 Member
    Enjoyed the update
    It’s very nice for a change to see this side of Judith. Judith’s thank you, made me chuckle😆 I get Anna’s reason to not trust the elevator, after being trapped in a elevator for over an hour in a hospital years ago, thats been my fear entering any elevator ever since🥲 It was amusing to see Anna learn about the photographs, and then asking about the tv 😆 Perfect shot to end the chapter on, after all the chaos they can sit back and relax. Will be very interesting to see her meet Harley and Tianna, if Ravyn says they’ll love her, I believe it. Will be fun to see😁

Also, would you prefer the comments over on wordpress or is either fine
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves
    I'm so happy this new Judith showed up. She's a much more interesting character this way, as we'll see as the story moves on. She has more layers to her character than just a crazy, narcissistic celebrity.

I'm sorry to hear about your getting stuck in an elevator. It's never happened to me but I have been on a few that made really scary adjustments when they stopped. There's been a couple that lurched badly and made me think they were going to drop.😬

I'm glad you liked the TV comment. I didn't want to do the obvious line 'How do those people fit in that little box', I wanted something different and that just came to me.😁 I laughed out loud at 'I don't mean to be rude...'! Anna has been a treasure. Her first trip to the Orchid Club with Ray, Tee, and Harley is going to be memorable.🤣

Feel free to comment here or on the blog, whichever is convenient for you. I will probably see the comment and reply faster here because I'm always checking in here on my phone where I only check in at the blog when I'm home and on my computer.😁
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    @DaniRose2143 ,
    I did read it yesterday but was not up for commenting (my aunt decided that 3,5 hours talking in a phone about christmas and real life neighborhood gossip was a great idea... ) , but now I can :)
    I also liked to see this side of Judith (not totally new, in my old main save I played her as teen, she was not grand diva yet then, just regular sweet girl next door... too shame I lost that save.) , very lovely from her to give that card.

Also she was funny :p

Hehe, Anna's amaze keeps amusing me , tho the wire comment at Windenburg still is my favorite :D

Popcorn, movie, good company.. at comfy apartment in Spice District.... beats Elle's castle at anytime if asked me <3

Great chapter!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    No worries🙂 I have those moments too where I'm too tired or distracted to comment. Oh my, 3.5 hours...relatives are the same all over the world. I have some like that too.😉

Judith with a good side to her personality is more fun to write than one that's nothing but a spoiled diva. She has flaws but she also has strengths which opens up lots of paths for her story to take. It's a total depature from the original script and still have to explain her ranting and raving about Brytani Cho in Chapter One. Speaking of Brytani, while I was working on this chapter I had a great idea for how I'm going to work her into the story. I'm not sure when we'll see her though. I'm still working on a few little details.😁 That conversation the other day in the Art of Storytelling was extremely helpful.

It's fun thinking up new ways for Anna to be amazed by things we all take for granted. It's been a very long time since she's been this happy.🙂
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    @DaniRose2143 let Anna at a gaming mat or console, take her bowling, to a movie, or to the amusement park in Copperdale. Those might provide some amazed moments lol.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    @DaniRose2143 let Anna at a gaming mat or console, take her bowling, to a movie, or to the amusement park in Copperdale. Those might provide some amazed moments lol.

Those are great suggestions! There are so many possibilities that I need to pick and choose the best ones to write up and which ones to get pictures of and just mention. I don't want to shortchange her transition to the modern world but I don't want to get too bogged down in it.😁 I love her childlike wonder at the world around her and knowing that she'll do just fine adapting to it and thriving in it.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    I feel sorry for Anna having to adjust to everything. At the same, I’m amazed by her amazement. Making that kind of transition is incredibly hard and most people probably can’t do it with such grace and optimism. It’s just too overwhelming and so much work having to remember everything (how an elevator works, how to use a phone, how people speak to one another, how to turn on the lights, how to use a toilet/shower/sink…). When Anna’s adrenaline fades, I hope those around her understand and give her some space if she wants it. It seems like she still has a lot of grief to process and that might be difficult in a 1-bedroom apartment.

Elevators can be scary, but are a necessity of modern life. I always feel a bit better when I’m in one that has emergency supplies (food, water, blanket, and even some sort of toilet) than when I’m not. What floor does Ravyn live on? Can Anna hypothetically take the stairs?

I agree with everyone about Judith. It’s nice to see her being generous.
  • Options
    @haneul
    Rayvn was the perfect person to rescue her and take her in. They have a strong connection even after such a short time. Anna owes her freedom to Rayvn and Rayvn owes her life to Anna. Her humanity actually as Elle and Lilith’s original plans were to turn her. Judith owes her very life to both of them. Rayvn still has no idea if it’s really love she feels for Anna or if it’s infatuation. She understands the grieving Anna still has to go through and that gives her time to sort out her feelings for Anna too.

One of the best developments to come from the Forgotten Hollow storyline is this new Judith. She’s going to be a lot more interesting for me to write and the readers will find her more interesting too. The original outrageous diva would get old fast. That version of her would be more one dimensional and the only way to evolve her would be to make her increasingly outrageous. There could be a storyline that would offer her redemption but characters like that rarely change much. Now she has layers and nuance. You’ll love her, you’ll like her, you’ll occasionally hate her but she’ll be interesting and she’ll have plenty of redeeming qualities.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Aww it makes you wonder
    which residence is really the castle?
    <3
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    @mightysprite
    Castles come in all shapes and sizes. The best ones are the ones with the biggest heart.❤️ It looks like Anna struck gold.

@haneul
    I forgot to mention a couple of points in my reply. I was still at work and rushing through my thoughts.

Rayvn's apartment is on the fifth floor. I assumed the floors below are laid out the same, 4 units each. Stairs are an option, and at this point Anna hasn't taken the vampire cure so she can still turn into a bat and fly up. She could reset her powers and choose to turn into mist and go that way. But as Rayvn cautioned her openly being a vampire in a world that believes they aren't real could be a huge problem. I do wonder though in a city like Del Sol Valley if she turned into a bat right there on the street how many people would even notice or care?🤣 I'm like 98% sure she's going to take the cure, but after two centuries of being a vampire, and, not being surrounded by the likes of Elle and Lilith anymore, will she change her mind? Did she really hate being a vampire or did she hate the ones she was surrounded by? If she does change her mind, if, what will Rayvn do? She did say she loves vampire movies and tv shows and that until she met Elle and the others, she had daydreamed about being one herself. The more immediate question is how are they going to explain Anna to Tianna and Harley?

In the first draft of this chapter I had Judith giving the card to Rayvn and Anna when the limo pulled up in front of Ray's apartment. In that draft I had Judith make a comment that if Rayvn wanted to move to a better place she would gladly pay for it. Judith's comment was made in a snobbish way. In the final draft I decided to have Judith give the card to Rayvn before they joined Anna in the limo and I removed that part about moving them to a more upscale neighborhood. With the For Rent pack I have been thinking about having them move to a bigger unit in the same building. Or since we can't do anything with the apartment buildings that are already there I have thought about recreating the Culpepper apartments on the 30x30 lot across the street. I've thought about making a duplex on that empty lot across the street from Venessa Jeong in DSV. Apartment hopping for people Rayvn's age and in her situation isn't unusual, so as much as Rayvn loves that apartment she might find something else in that neighborhood.

ETA: There is a part of me that regrets putting Rayvn in that apartment. It is a pita when you're trying to get screenshots in that living room/kitchen. The bathroom...omg, forget it.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    Loved this episode. Again, it's fun to see Anna's wonder and bewilderment over the things we take for granted. I think I'm starting to like Judith. :o Looking forward to the shopping trip.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Thank you❤️
    I'm having fun with Anna and I'm looking forward to when she settles into the modern world. What will she do then? Hint, she'll still be lovable. I've said it before, but Judith is so much more interesting than what I had planned. That version didnt have the depth or any redeeming qualities. She won't be all bad or all good.😉
  • Options
    edited February 20
    I was getting ready to nominate this thread to be migrated and I'm glad I came in here and checked. It's within the date range to be automatically moved. I'm still working on the next batch of Tartosan Sun chapters but I have started looking at some of the things I want to change and some of the cool new mods that I'll be using when I get back to work on this one. I'm really missing Ray and Anna. I'm missing Mimi too, but I did spend a little time with her the other night trying out some possible new looks for her as the story moves along. I have some really fun things planned for Britain Cho's part in this. I'll leave you all with a few shots from my time with the ladies of Schemes & Dreams tonight. They'll be back soon!

06cE3fq.png
    wQCW5us.png
    VJQUk8J.png
  • Options
    Chapter Thirteen is now ready for your enjoyment! Because of the use of the odd swear word here or there I can't post link here, but if you would like to follow along send me a DM and I will be happy to provide a link that way.

YbSyb9E.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    Great chapter :)<3

Loved her (Anna) reactions to all :) Tho I do agree with anna about the belly button thing :D I have hard time to find nice things it don't show in general., but that is matter of taste, lol.

Oooh, cliffhanger ending! Now im very curious :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,436 Member
    The wait is over 😁
    “But I can see your belly button!”
    😆 Her reaction is hilarious
    Judith had turned out to be nothing like what Rayvn had been expecting.
    We were all surprised with this, Anna, pleasantly surprised.
    😵 Wasn’t expecting that answer, but based on her final sentence..for now.
    Fun to see Anna learning and exploring modern fashion. Those outfits were 👌👌 Also, they made me want to go on a shopping spree 😆