Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY DOES EA GAMES SUCK SO BAD??????

Ok, I have been playing The Sims since the very first one came out. You would thing since then EA games would IMPROVE their games over these past almost 13 years. Every Sims game I have ever played I have had PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM. SOOOOOO MANY GLITCHES AND BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!! I love when my game just crashes and crashes for no reason. Just as much as I love when my game FREEZES. EA games should just SHUT DOWN seeing as they can't seem to get their games right even after a decade. So I just needed to vent about how HORRIBLE EA games are at making games. I'm sick to death of my game ALWAYYYYYYSSSSSSSS messing up. I'm about to just quit playing Sims and quit buying anything from EA games. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2012
    A few of us have a theory that the management of EA is attempting a type of fraud, either as a modified Enron-style Ponzi scheme or while attempting to cause a Springtime for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 effect... or, possibly, both, using the two as alternate outcomes that allow them to profit no matter how it comes out.

So far, EA has done nothing to refute that this is even likely.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited December 2012
    A few of us have a theory that the management of EA is attempting a type of fraud, either as a modified Enron-style Ponzi scheme or while attempting to cause a Springtime for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 effect... or, possibly, both, using the two as alternate outcomes that allow them to profit no matter how it comes out.

So far, EA has done nothing to refute that this is even likely.

Well, if nothing else, I had to look those up.

Question remains though, why if the games suck so bad, and we know that there's a clause when you install the game, saying that they won't guarantee the game will work on your machine and won't fix it if it doesn't, do we a) expect them to fix it b) continue to buy them????

Wouldn't you think that the sensible option would be instead of yelling "Yo, EA! Fix yo' game, man. This ain't cool" holding on to our money and not willingly hand it over to them?

I can't answer any of those logically btw.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2012
    Because The Sims is EA's cash cow. It's as simple as that.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm more worried about the bugs on this site then I am in the game. Only half of my mypage is working and now I can't even view how many friends request I have.
  • Options
    yabajenyabajen Posts: 1,187 New Member
    edited December 2012
    What are your computer specs?

I'm not denying that the game has glitches etc but what bothers me is when people blame EA for crashing etc when its often times their computer that can't handle the game (which is clearly not EA's fault)
    I'm not running the game on anything fancy, just a sony vaio with a great graphics card and my game doesn't have any issues.

It's a mystery why 50% seem to experience constant freezing/crashing and the other 50% run a smooth game. It has to be a computer specs/un-updated driver issue...

If EA were purposefully releasing glitchy games that crash and freeze every few seconds wouldn't we all experience them? :?

• Options
    edited December 2012
    POOTER89 wrote:
    Ok, I have been playing The Sims since the very first one came out. You would thing since then EA games would IMPROVE their games over these past almost 13 years. Every Sims game I have ever played I have had PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM. SOOOOOO MANY GLITCHES AND BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!! I love when my game just crashes and crashes for no reason. Just as much as I love when my game FREEZES. EA games should just SHUT DOWN seeing as they can't seem to get their games right even after a decade. So I just needed to vent about how HORRIBLE EA games are at making games. I'm sick to death of my game ALWAYYYYYYSSSSSSSS messing up. I'm about to just quit playing Sims and quit buying anything from EA games. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

EA games doesn't suck. All games have bugs and glitches and seasons seems to prove their listening to what a lot of players have been requesting. They've added swimming in the ocean,weather,holidays,festivals,the slowdance and skating all of which has been requestged by a lot of people in the community.

Hopefully when the sims 3 ends a superpatch will address a lot of the bugs that havent been fixed yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm more worried about the bugs on this site then I am in the game. Only half of my mypage is working and now I can't even view how many friends request I have.

But the site won't be around more than about 5 years anyway given TS2 was shut down (features on it were shut down much sooner, around TS3's release).

I would say the game you paid for means more than a few friend requests from people you most likely have no relationship with.
    EA games doesn't suck. All games have bugs and glitches and seasons seems to prove their listening to what a lot of players have been requesting. They've added swimming in the ocean,weather,holidays,festivals,the slowdance and skating all of which has been requestged by a lot of people in the community.

There's no denying, the engine and code put into this game isn't sufficient enough - even when Rodiek claimed it would run on our "grandmother's old computers".
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    yabajen wrote:
    What are your computer specs?

I'm not denying that the game has glitches etc but what bothers me is when people blame EA for crashing etc when its often times their computer that can't handle the game (which is clearly not EA's fault)
    I'm not running the game on anything fancy, just a sony vaio with a great graphics card and my game doesn't have any issues.

It's a mystery why 50% seem to experience constant freezing/crashing and the other 50% run a smooth game. It has to be a computer specs/un-updated driver issue...

If EA were purposefully releasing glitchy games that crash and freeze every few seconds wouldn't we all experience them? :?

It isn't always the persons pc. Sometimes routing issues and to many cars in sims inventories and stuck on roads can cause freezing,lag and crashes but these can be fixed with patches and I'm still hopeful the car spawing issue will one day be addressed by a patch like it has with the overwatch mod.
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited December 2012
    Their Games don't suck. The Sims doesn't suck.

My game runs perfectly fine, it did glitch when I first got it, but, about a year ago I bought a new Graphics Card and now it runs as smoothly as possible!
    It's not the game, it's your Computer... -_-
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

But the site won't be around more than about 5 years anyway given TS2 was shut down (features on it were shut down much sooner, around TS3's release).

I would say the game you paid for means more than a few friend requests from people you most likely have no relationship with.

Yea but it isn't just the friends request. I can't get to my studio,blog or my goodies to update them. Other people can see my studio and blog but I can't.

I'm sure when the sims team gets back in January the site issues will be addressed but their just frustrating.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Fordee09 wrote:

My game runs perfectly fine, it did glitch when I first got it, but, about a year ago I bought a new Graphics Card and now it runs as smoothly as possible!

http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches

The fact that page exists proves that the devs acknowledge there are glitches/bugs within this game - like any other. So I don't think it's always the person playing.
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited December 2012
    I honestly have very few issues with my game. I had the WA bugs and glitches, but those all seem few and far between now. I had the freezes every few seconds, but after two times of resetsim * those cleared up.

A lot of times when I read posts about games freezing and issues with crashing it's due to bad third party CC, mods that are not properly updated, and computers that do not meet the requirements for the games because of age or drivers that don't get updated like they should. I'm not computer whiz but I find that making sure my drivers are up to date, a hard drive cleaning every week, and deleting my cache files keep my game running great. Also if you are using CC make sure you run it through custard or dashboard before putting it into the game. There is a lot of bad CC out there that will cause your game to freeze and crash. Same with mods. I don't use them so I don't know what you need to do, but the general consensus is that you need to update them properly by keeping a detailed record of what mods you have installed and where you downloaded them from so that you can update them or remove them if they cause problems in game.

The only exception for some reason seems to be the poor MAC folks who for the love of them can not get the game to work properly on their machines.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    The sims 3 is awesome. Universities looks to be adding poses,vending machines,pong tables,new parties and grafittie. I will admit sometimes my game does freeze and lag but forutanly it hasn't crashed.

My specs
    Desktop

Windows vista home premium service pack 2

Ram
    8gbs

Processor
    Quad core 4 quads

Card
    GT 120 DD2 with Dedicated memory of 1gb

It is important to note that I have over 12gbs of store sets,every premium object and every store world.

12gbs in my sims folder vs only 8gbs of ram on my machine?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I honestly have very few issues with my game. I had the WA bugs and glitches, but those all seem few and far between now. I had the freezes every few seconds, but after two times of resetsim * those cleared up.

A lot of times when I read posts about games freezing and issues with crashing it's due to bad third party CC, mods that are not properly updated, and computers that do not meet the requirements for the games because of age or drivers that don't get updated like they should. I'm not computer whiz but I find that making sure my drivers are up to date, a hard drive cleaning every week, and deleting my cache files keep my game running great. Also if you are using CC make sure you run it through custard or dashboard before putting it into the game. There is a lot of bad CC out there that will cause your game to freeze and crash. Same with mods. I don't use them so I don't know what you need to do, but the general consensus is that you need to update them properly by keeping a detailed record of what mods you have installed and where you downloaded them from so that you can update them or remove them if they cause problems in game.

The only exception for some reason seems to be the poor MAC folks who for the love of them can not get the game to work properly on their machines.

I'm scared to update my videocard drivers. I'm afraid it might make more problems then I have especially in cas. I may need to get me a faster card anyway. I think dd3 with dedicated memory of atleast 2-4gbs would make my game run a lot faster.
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited December 2012
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    Fordee09 wrote:

http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches

The fact that page exists proves that the devs acknowledge there are glitches/bugs within this game - like any other. So I don't think it's always the person playing.

Well I'm not saying that there isn't the odd slow-down or Glitch in the Game. I mean, once my Sim was holding a Baby and then they put the baby down under the Couch :L. But, I wouldn't get completely annoyed and swear that I'm not playing anymore just for that happening like this OP.

Sure, my Game runs smoothly and usually it is the Simmer's PC specs which cause how the game runs. Although, I'm not denying that the game does have its funny glitches and odd lag. :]

My PC is ancient by the way, I got it in 2002 and it runs The Sims 3, 2, and 1 completely fine. The only thing I've updated is the Graphics Card and the one time I bought some more RAM.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    A lot of people have had issues in Sunlit Tides because of a location uphill that has no rails going down the hill. Sims seem to get stuck there causing your game to freeze but placing a rail or gate seems to fix that so routing issues can cause freezing.
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Well, after the complete and total disappointing fiascoes that were Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3, not even such awesomeness as Supernatural and Seasons has earned by trust back. They got desperate and needed something that they were sure would make money -- that's where Supernatural and Seasons came from. Will they continue to satisfy their customers now that they're making a little money again, or will they turn back to such depressing failures as ME3 and DA2? Only time will tell.
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I must be one of the lucky ones, my game has hardly any problems at all. In fact the only major problem I had was error ode 12 I think it was but I just deleted the save and started again, never had a problem since.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2012
    I must be one of the lucky ones, my game has hardly any problems at all. In fact the only major problem I had was error ode 12 I think it was but I just deleted the save and started again, never had a problem since.

Same here!

I was able to get my game that was error code 12'ing to save. I use a program called Process Lasso which helps keep the system running well for gaming and one of the functions it can do is "trim virtual memory" on a running process. I trimmed the virtual memory of TS3w.exe after getting the error code 12 and it then saved properly. That save has been fine ever since.

P.S. In terms of this thread, EA games is the ONLY developer making a game like the Sims. Without them, we would not have this game. I don't know about anyone else, but I am pretty happy with them for that reason alone.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited December 2012

I'm scared to update my videocard drivers. I'm afraid it might make more problems then I have especially in cas. I may need to get me a faster card anyway. I think dd3 with dedicated memory of atleast 2-4gbs would make my game run a lot faster.

You shouldn't be afraid to update your drivers. It's routine computer maintenance. :)

It's something you should try and do at least one time per month. I have a dell and I just go to dell's website and enter my service tag and it will show me what updates my computer has. You can also go to the manufacturer of your video card and they will give you updates as well. It's not scary. If you can download CC or store content you can update your drivers. :)

• Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited December 2012
    EA does suck. And here's why:

I assume most of you are PC users correct? If so, I'm guessing you've never had many problems. It's an entire different story if you are a Mac user.

EA totally neglects us, and a new patch means new glitches, bugs, error codes, crashing, exception raised error, and the game being unplayable. Even if you fit the system requirements. Here's an example: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/444515.page

With the release of Seasons, tons of Mac players are having huge problems. Even if they fit the system requirements. We've had this problem for 2 months and this is unacceptable.

EA sucks.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Double post. :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2012
    @Corey785, you should be happy they even come out with a Mac version. There is a reason a whole lot of PC games never come out with a Mac version. You guys are a very small minority in the gaming community. There's a limit to how much resources a company can realistically afford to dedicate to your chosen platform.

I do agree with you though, it sucks that they bother to do a Mac version but then don't give it proper support. What they should do is what most software developers do, not bother with a Mac version at all and save both you and themselves the hassle.

Edit because I realized this almost sounds like I am saying "Screw Macs". What I mean is if they aren't going to support the game on the Mac properly they shouldn't sell the product. From a business perspective it makes more sense to just stop the Mac version if they do not feel it is worth the proper support levels.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Stormkeep wrote:
    @Corey785, you should be happy they even come out with a Mac version. There is a reason a whole lot of PC games never come out with a Mac version. You guys are a very small minority in the gaming community. There's a limit to how much resources a company can realistically afford to dedicate to your chosen platform.

I do agree with you though, it sucks that they bother to do a Mac version but then don't give it proper support. What they should do is what most software developers do, not bother with a Mac version at all and save both you and themselves the hassle.

Edit because I realized this almost sounds like I am saying "Screw Macs". What I mean is if they aren't going to support the game on the Mac properly they shouldn't sell the product. From a business perspective it makes more sense to just stop the Mac version if they do not feel it is worth the proper support levels.

Thank you for saying that in a nice way. :-) Most users would say stuff like "lolz its your fault you bought a mac" . You are completely right when you said it would have done us some good to stop selling it for Mac.

However, I disagree that we are a small minority. While we may be the minority, we aren't um....A small minority.

Thanks again. :wink:
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited December 2012
    The game gives me bugs when i install a new Ep but my computer it gets used to it and runs smoothly, so i barely have anything to complain about this game other than anxiously waiting for university to be announced. :wink: