Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNIVERSITY [PICTURES] & discussion!!

Incase people haven't seen these new leaked screenshots yet from;
http://simsvip.com/2012/12/20/first-screenshots-box-art-of-sims-3-university-life/#comments

8293249416_f8db2bfb07_o.jpg
<br>
8293249462_d553852fc8_o.jpg
<br>
8293249648_0941543f78_o.jpg
<br>
8293249534_0722f8ca80_o.jpg
<br>
8293249500_7a15b93e65_o.jpg
<br>
8292197385_042d61930b_o.jpg
<br>
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8495/8293249678_751f1196a6_o.jpg[/img <br>[/img]8293249678_751f1196a6_o.jpg
<br>
8293249596_cb71b3448c_o.jpg
<br>
I don't know about you but this makes me so so soooo excited.
Also look at the selfie photo, looks like an iphone, could it be a new type of cell phone? Any idea's?
<br>
Also here is the cover art work
<br>
8292199557_0a0c3610f1_o.jpg
<br>
<br>
<br>

Comments

• Options
    Axel-1830Axel-1830 Posts: 103
    edited December 2012
    There's even 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on the cover...
  • Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm very excited! I think it looks awesome. :-)
  • Options
    JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited December 2012
    I never played Sims 2: University, so uh... woo! Hope it's fun. :> I probably won't get this one, but hey.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm definitely excited about that cell phone and the sketch pad in the last picture.
    Looks like some nice new hair and clothes, too.

So is University going to work like WA where your sims get sent to another "town/world" and everything in your neighborhood stays frozen?
    Not really crazy about that set up, but I'll give it a shot.
  • Options
    8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    edited December 2012
    I will be interested too see if it's a town you send your teens too or a big lot. I wonder how they will do it. Cannot wait too find out more!
  • Options
    dillonpiercedillonpierce Posts: 23 Member
    edited December 2012
    Blysscia wrote:
    So is University going to work like WA where your sims get sent to another "town/world" and everything in your neighborhood stays frozen?
    Not really crazy about that set up, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm not to sure how they will incorporate it. It would be nice to have the option for it to be in the same kind of neighbour hood so you could always look back over to the family home etc, but i think they would have to make it like a sub neighbour hood like in W/A or something like that. Unfortunately :( In the campus shot there is a van that somewhat resembles a moving van. . .
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited December 2012
    It would be nice if it actually functioned like a subhood in Sims 2.

i.e. We can switch back to the main neighborhood and advance the family and/or have the family visit the college student.

But I'm not too hopeful about that...

Just seems like a lot of potential for glitches if it works like WA and you can't switch between hoods.
    Especially since I'm assuming college will be a lot longer than a vacation/adventure.
    I'm definitely going to back up the family before sending anyone to college...
  • Options
    Axel-1830Axel-1830 Posts: 103
    edited December 2012
    Blysscia wrote:

I'm definitely going to back up the family before sending anyone to college...

That's a good idea, maybe it will be something completely different.
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited December 2012
    I REALLY hope EA makes the world a subhood, like the WA worlds. PLEASE! And the ability to make our own. I still don't understand why we weren't given the option to build our own WA worlds. The Sims 3 is about endless creativity and yet we can't make our own subhoods? :shock:

That's my only request :P from the pictures it looks brilliant, but just like other pics & videos half the sims we see there are just for presentation and there'll probably be around 5 sims roaming around campus :(
  • Options
    dillonpiercedillonpierce Posts: 23 Member
    edited December 2012
    Unless they completely skip the whole Sub-hood and just make a completely new range of lot types that you can place. The only thing is that with that idea it would be incredibly glitchy and slow!! I want to be able to send my sims to university and his/her family still progress...
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited December 2012
    Unless they completely skip the whole Sub-hood and just make a completely new range of lot types that you can place. The only thing is that with that idea it would be incredibly glitchy and slow!! I want to be able to send my sims to university and his/her family still progress...

Letting us create Universities in normal worlds would be a very odd choice. There's hardly enough room in the worlds as it is with all the past EPs & their unique lot types to give any room to allocate for what seems like the entire size of Sunset Valley's "city centre".
  • Options
    bluesim2bluesim2 Posts: 919 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I think the campus looks beautiful but I hope it isn't a sub-hood. That would make it a waste of an expansion pack for me.
  • Options
    TPB01TPB01 Posts: 1,978 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I hope that attending uni provides life enhancing skills you can apply once you graduate. It would also be interesting to not only offer student options but also careers in teaching at universities.

The party options either through fraternities, tail gating or normal house parties should be a must with this EP.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm very excited about the university life expansion pack, everything looks nice so far. Does anyone knows if there is a official release date yet?
  • Options
    lthill91lthill91 Posts: 435 Member
    edited December 2012
    I am sorry to see this. I did not like the University expansion in Sims 2 and I don't think this will be much better. I was SOOO hoping for something new and exciting to end the Sims 3. Too bad they have to keep re running the old stuff.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2012
    I hope that University is sub-hod. I want 3 sub-hods, 3 different Universities like in TS2 University. :)

For me it would be boring to have University in home town, world. :?
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2012
    lthill91 wrote:
    I am sorry to see this. I did not like the University expansion in Sims 2 and I don't think this will be much better. I was SOOO hoping for something new and exciting to end the Sims 3. Too bad they have to keep re running the old stuff.

We will have more expansions. I doubt that University is the last expansion. In survey we have many expansion pack ideas. And OFB expansion is hinted recently. :wink:
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited December 2012
    I think it just looks okay. I miss uni from 2 and I hope its a subhood...I also loved how you could control only your sim, but you still lived with a bunch of other sims in the dorm. Its hard for me to control 8 sims at once, and with not being able to control them, they can still live out their lives and story and I can have my sim live out hers.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    LukeysEmmyLukeysEmmy Posts: 746 Member
    edited December 2012
    Ahhh! Looks AWESOME! I loved getting my Sims to go to uni in TS2 and having them get into those degree-only careers.

The EP will also be close to my heart for the reason that I will actually be going off to university next year. I've played the Sims series since I was about six (of course, with a parent at that age!) all the way up until now. Wow, I can't actually believe it's been so long. It's always been a really fun and important part of my life and I'm sure I will keep Simming at uni when I find the time. :')
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2012
    GREENEYA wrote:
    I hope that University is sub-hod. I want 3 sub-hods, 3 different Universities like in TS2 University. :)

I agree 110%.

Not just boring but also frustrating, seeing as some (most) of the towns simply do not have enough ROOM to have it all happen in the main hood. I will be beyond disappointed if Unverisity is not a sub-hood.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited December 2012
    I think that we will be able to switch away from the student back to another family while the student is at uni. The reason I think this is that in one of the surveys EA put up it asked what we thought about (not exact words) "Your student sim can move out and set up his own household". Usually when any sim went on a world adventure, they remained in the same household and the rest of the household would be unplayable until the adventuring sim returned.
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited December 2012
    I am pretty ambivalent about this pack but I'd prefer a subhood to a uni in the home world, I am one of the few that thinks LN should have been a subhood in fact I am thinking about getting that traveller mod so I can treat it as such.

I do hope that is a sketch pad I have mobile easel or sketch pad forever. I'll wait to the producer walk through before I decide on this one.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    ebevan91ebevan91 Posts: 81
    edited December 2012
    Can't wait! This is literally the only expansion I've really looked forward to.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited December 2012
    Stormkeep wrote:
    GREENEYA wrote:

I agree 110%.

Not just boring but also frustrating, seeing as some (most) of the towns simply do not have enough ROOM to have it all happen in the main hood. I will be beyond disappointed if Unverisity is not a sub-hood.

It wouldn't be 'boring' to have your sims attend uni with the same 30 or so sims generation after generation? To possibly not be able to return to your main neighbourhood until that sim has graduated?

It won't be frustrating if your sim either never arrives at Uni or never returns, remembering that if it's a subhood then it's going to be based on the WA versions?

It'll mean things like your sim never arriving or never returning, the subhood never altering because there is no aging and so on. Sounds both boring and frustrating to me.
  • Options
    LetterFromAThiefLetterFromAThief Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited December 2012
    University was my favorite EP from 2 and I can't wait for it this time! Of course I don't think it'll outrank Supernatural...