Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New boxed Expansion pack invalid registration code

I bought Generations today brand new, not preowned, from Sainsburys store. I have successfully installed the expansion pack on my computer using the serial number provided in the booklet inside the box.

However, when I try to register the game here on this website I am told repeatedly after carefully checking my typing that the number is invalid.

I don't think I'm the only one who has experienced this looking at old posts, but a solution hasn't presented itself.

Can anyone help me? This is my first and only expansion pack.

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

It may be possible that the Generations expansion pack has already been registered to your Sims3.com user account. To test, you can try downloading your free registration reward from the following Store link:

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=13033&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:35966

If you continue to have game registration or user account issues, you may contact EA Support via the following page for further assistance:

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    SimPetsFanaticSimPetsFanatic Posts: 95 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I get that issue as well. That is why I do not have all my game EPs registered to this website. All installed successfully on my pc
  • Options
    KakeladysuKakeladysu Posts: 118 Member
    edited December 2012
    It may sound silly, but try entering the code using the tab key instead of the 'dash'---good luck!
    kakesig004.png
  • Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited December 2012
    On your My Page it says its registered.
  • Options
    Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    edited December 2012
    Many many thanks Nichaedemus for your most prompt reply and assistance. I followed your first link and tried clicking for my free gift - but was told I needed to register. So I followed the prompted registration process yet again - for at least the 8th time through this site and also on line and at last it worked. Maybe the site was too busy last time. I've once had a problem uploading a house until hours later when everyone must have been in bed.

If this had been the old Sims 1 BBS I'd have sent you a bene right now. Thanks again for answering me so quickly. :D