Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very very sneaky

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited December 2012
    I love the new background - it's beautiful. :) I'm really looking forward to getting Monte Vista. I'm fortunate in that I've got some disposable income and simming is my only vice (I don't know how people afford to smoke, for example).

This is being offered the same way as Barnacle Bay was. Selling product in the digital age is complicated. For example, there are some states that are not permitted to charge taxes on digital product (ie: software licenses) but if you request a hard copy there are taxes on both. The rules are complicated and takes a lot of people to ensure they are remaining compliant, and my company only sells to US based clients. I can't even imagine how many people work on a company that caters to a global client base.

Every store world that didn't have a physcial release had a number of threads complaining that it wasn't available in stores. Now people are complaining that because it is being offered in stores, they can't buy it the way they want.

It's unfortunate for people that saved up simpoints to purchase however, realistically, those points won't go to waste. With the amount of content that comes out, I have no doubt that you'll be able to use them. There were some crazy awesome deals during the holidays last year. At least they gave us ample notice.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited December 2012
    The new background is nice but I'm still going to wait for the retail release :P .

As for the greehouse, someone at Simlogical made a mod to make the roofs function as an actual roof (it cuts the floor on it's own.) Of coarse plants still go dormant but at least snow doesn't pass through the roof (which is what I originally expected from the set :roll: )

• Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited December 2012
    momboqueen wrote:
    I can't wait to buy it. It's been awhile since they offered a world under thirty dollars and it comes with a pizza oven. Maybe I'm having a middle age moment but I just don't get the big deal of whether it's sold for points or in a bundle.

Anyhow,happy simming :lol:

Thank you, you too! Some of us would like to use up our simpoints before EA stops making Sim3 items, and there's not a lot of stuff left in the Store for us to buy -- nor do I personally have any intention of paying full price for much of anything else after having experienced the glee which comes from buying $270 dollars worth of Store items for only $27 bucks. :P

um, the upcoming venue for MonteVista might have to be an exception... :wink: [edit] okay I'd have to go back and figure it out again, I remember doing all the math in the afternoon of the sale, but then I had about seven more hours of fire sale prices. Geeze I CLEANED UP during that thing, whoa.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    I can't wait to buy Monte Vista! I'm beyond excited about it and the content is sooooooooo good. I love the backdrop but I wish they'd waited till it's released because it's torturing me! :shock:
  • Options
    lewsblake23lewsblake23 Posts: 102 Member
    edited December 2012
    Monte Vista does look beautiful :) I am thinking about buying it when it comes out!
  • Options
    pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited December 2012
    I really really wish they would sell just the items only for 1/2 the cost of the world. I have Hidden Springs, Lunar Lakes,Lucky Palms and Sunlight Tides. I really only play HS and LP. Lunar Lakes I could have done without completly and Sunlight Tides I should have bought the Premium items seperatly. The atmosphere of Monte Vista is not one I'm interested in at all. But I do want the two premium items and I would really like the new plants/trees that come with it. *Shrug* But this is one world I'm not planning to get. Maybe I'll change my mind, but I don't think so. The not being able to use our existing sim points on it will make it MUCH easier to resist buying it.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited December 2012
    Buying the world with a bundle of simpoints is a downer, not for me but for those I would like to gift. We cannot gift the simpoints bundle right now but if EA would find a way to make the world bundles gift able then it would probably work out for sales.

Guess EA will get more from retailers that will stockpile their stores with MV. I am sad I can't gift it to my friends.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2012
    I didn't even notice until I read this thread :lol:

IKR!? :lol::lol:
    I wear eyeglasses for a reason. :XD: *puts them on and is floored*

As for MV, I'm just crushed at the whole Bundle-only business. Especially cuz MV is exactly the type of world I'd play most, with all the antiquated charm (it might even break my obsession with HS, that's for sure!)
    I think the fiasco's a crapton of lying hooplah on EA's part. I think EA just doesn't want people Gifted anymore. There's something ELSE going on that they're not talking about. I'm still waiting for that so-called 'fabulous' new replacement EA promised for taking down Gifting the DD.... :roll:

I think EA thinks they're losing money with people from different countries gifting one another. They don't allow Gifting the bundles outside of different countries, and Gifting the DDs and now Worlds is probably their way of making sure cross-country Gifting is nipped in the bud, at the sake of EVERYONE losing out. That's what I think. 8)

[EDITTED for the 1000th time] Too many typos. :x
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited December 2012
    I have bought 3 out for 5 worlds for the content and some Ep's for the content and expanded game play, but I never play the world, I stuck with Sunlit Valley never had a problem with it. I also have bought several sets and never use everything in a set. I can only play one world at a time, so I have decided not to buy this world. I will have to do without the oven. One thing I do remember every world that has come out people say it looks beautiful and then later you come back to the forum and some are unhappy because there is a problem with it. These worlds take up a lot of memory. The last thing I bought was the Greenhouse,that did it for me, I think.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited December 2012
    - A thought occurs - How will we get a Lazy Game Review if no one can gift him the World?! Disaster! He won't buy them himself, he thinks (and almost probably rightly so) that they're an overpriced ripoff.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2012
    Moodbeamy wrote:
    - A thought occurs - How will we get a Lazy Game Review if no one can gift him the World?! Disaster! He won't buy them himself, he thinks (and almost probably rightly so) that they're an overpriced ripoff.

I thought of that, too, especially since Blewis gave it to him last time. :cry:
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited December 2012
    Well...this should teach me to read before I get to happy hitting the purchase button lol.

What I usually do before a World comes out is to "top up" my simpoints balance in preperation to dld any new world. I was pretty miffed this time round that I purchased a big simpoint bundle only to find I have to purchase a micro bundle again...to be able to dld MV.

I have read the explainations...but it still does not make scence to me...when I buy simpoints....Im paying with "real money" to get virtual money which is the currency of this site, inturn to buy virtual objects. MV is a virtual object, same as any other: chair/hairs/plants/decor items etc.

But as the old saying goes: "once bitten...twice shy".....I will not fall prey to this sneaky tactic again.

In the last couple of months I have started to hold off buying Premium Item Content...simply because it comes packaged with unessesary clutter I dont want. I dont need another dining chair or table, thats got a slightly different mesh and color to the other 30+ other ones I already have in my game.

I now just wait for the individual sale, and have save alot of simpoints in the process :mrgreen:

I want MV...I have all the other store worlds already, but admittingly only realy use Hidden Springs and Sunlit Tides. Though Im starting to wonder if its gonna be worth the purchase after this "bundle purchase" fiasco!

Oh and now the NEW LOT (thas MV themed)...is also gonna be up for sale buy itself :?

I preffered things better when we could buy a "satndard" version of a world, or have the option to by the "deluxe" version whicch included the special lot. This world with all its trimming looks like it gonna be costing us alot :?
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited December 2012
    Let us chill and wait till the release.Gifting is a money maker for EA and I doubt they would want to loose money.

So keep your wish list updated.Happy Holidays
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited December 2012
    This teaches us one thing-don't buy points ahead of time.
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited December 2012
    Right I will never buy a lot of points again. I'm gonna wait always! If they are gonna do just the bundle deal, i will only get the bundle and nothing more.
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited December 2012
    So how exactly are we going to pay for Monte Vista through the Sims site since we cannot use our Sims points?
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited December 2012
    So how exactly are we going to pay for Monte Vista through the Sims site since we cannot use our Sims points?

You have to buy new, fresh, shiny simpoints as part of the Monte Vista Bundle when it's released later. Your existing sim points can't be used.

Another sad panda here who can't gift the world. :cry: But there's a new venue coming to the store later too, and that can be bought/gifted with sim points.

I wasn't (probably still aren't) planning to buy MV until after the holidays, as I've not got the time to do it justice. Of course the new venue looks like it'll fit straight into the new world (no surprises there), so it's suddenly become more tempting.
  • Options
    Ashcroft31Ashcroft31 Posts: 1,154 New Member
    edited December 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    I was going to hold off and buy the retail version but seeing the prize Amazon and my Store around the corner is listing this for, I'm really unsure what to do.

20 Euros (=26$) or 30 CHF (=$32) when it costs $20 at the Store ? The $20 Bundle usually costs me CHF 18.- which you can tell is way cheaper (almost half) then getting the retail version.

So I guess I'll be rethinking my decision.

yea and i'm guessing thats what the prices will be like over here as well! so this is another reason why i'm not exactly jumping for joy to get this one either! and i still have a useless piece of landfill called the Stones Throw Greenhouse here! which now because of the time duration is giving me reason to believe that they clearly don't know how to fix this problem!

so again! i for one will not be rushing out to get this one either! and that and the fact that the payment gateway has now successfully blown up on the UK side here! so no one can buy any simpoints or anything from the Sims 3 Store side! which leaves Origin! and you can bet your top dollar they'll be screwing that up as well buy matching the retailers prices for our area to a point where everyone like Season will be saying Screw This! we'll stick to what we already have! much cheaper!

and the gifting side that is now plainly stupidity and clearly suicide to any business! because without that then cash payers are not going to tip in anymore funds which then its pretty much over for that company!

but hey if you guy's want to stick with this Bull then i'd say go for it! but like "crinrict" say's in so many words here its daylight robbery!

but thats just my opinion!
  • Options
    PharmtekbobbyPharmtekbobby Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2012
    I will also be holding out to purchase it.
    Every time I buy a new Sims 3 expansion, the week after...a $39.99 game becomes a buy one get one free deal OR they sell it for $19.99...like they did with Supernatural and are doing now with Seasons. Also you can't use SimPoints to get it? Then why did I save up SimPoints for Mone Vista? Arrrgh.

"I declare shenanigans."