Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't like the location of your weather stone? Change it!

I don't know how many of you read my post I created not too long ago, but my sister and I discovered that you have change the location of your weather stone.

All you have to do is delete it. It's as simple as that. It will then pop up in a new location. It might take some time for it to pop back up, but it will. (For instance, it took closer to 6 sim hours for it to come back.) Be patient as it might take quite a few trys for you to get it to the location you want it. Or if you're lucky, like myself, it'll happen in one try!

YOU CANNOT FIND IT IN BUYDEBUG! I've already checked. This item is extremely exclusive and cannout be bought, even in buydebug.

Hope this helps some! Happy Simming and Happy Seasons! ; )

Edit: You cannot move it's lot location via Edit Town or World Editor. It is possible, however, to move it around on that particular lot. So, if you just want to push it to a corner of a lot instead of moving lots completely, it is possible.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited November 2012
    Wow. This thread is moving like crazy. : )
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited November 2012
    Where is the weather stone.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It could be anywhere. Check every community lot in your neighborhood. Including empty ones.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    do you mean it's hidden?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited November 2012
    OR you could use the World Editor and move it anywhere YOU want.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Frn0731 wrote:
    do you mean it's hidden?

Yes and no. A map tag pops up temporarily when you first open up a game. It goes away after a while. You should have also got a pop up message that would direct you to it's location. If neither of those things popped up, you might have a glitch.

But you should check every lot just to be on the safe side.

Edit: Let me correct myself, it DOES have a map tag. Mine was temporarily (SP?) invisible at the time.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    NevieNevie Posts: 14 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I'd love to move it if i actually could find it, i have both seasons and supernatural, but no weatherstone. ;;

Any help finding it would be appreciated!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    sam123 wrote:
    OR you could use the World Editor and move it anywhere YOU want.

What is world editor? I don't have a world editor.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited November 2012
    Everyone does. It allows you to place lots anywhere, trees and move things around in edit town. There's an icon for it in Edit Town mode I think it's on the bottom left, hover over a few things till you see it and can you tell me if you can move the Weather Stone using it? I don't have Seasons yet but I assume you can move it through the World Editor.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I will try exiting and reentering then.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012

purple_roses2110
    Thanks that great to know
    sam123 wrote:
    Everyone does. It allows you to place lots anywhere, trees and move things around in edit town. There's an icon for it in Edit Town mode I think it's on the bottom left, hover over a few things till you see it and can you tell me if you can move the Weather Stone using it? I don't have Seasons yet but I assume you can move it through the World Editor.

as it is on a lot... I don't think you can use that teqniq....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    what does it look like? Is it very small?

edit. nevermind I found it. :mrgreen:
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Frn0731 wrote:

don't have the game yet... it seems big

ts3supernaturalseasonsweatherstonerenderwitch.png
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Frn0731 wrote:

First of all, I stand corrected. It does have a map tag.

And the pole itself looks like this:

Screenshot-220.jpg

The map tag is a light blue color, fyi.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    sam123 wrote:

You're talking about Edit Town? You might be able to move it around on that particular lot, but you won't be able to move it lot to lot.

Edit: OK. I found World Editor, and no you can't use it.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Frn0731 wrote:

don't have the game yet... it seems big

ts3supernaturalseasonsweatherstonerenderwitch.png

It's a little taller than the sims. Not too much though.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Can you move it on the lot... say it apears on a lot I'm fine with... but in a bad palce
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Can you move it on the lot... say it apears on a lot I'm fine with... but in a bad palce

Yes. You can move it around on the lot.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    anettesb wrote:

Great.... thanks... now I know what to do if I don't agree with where it is....

thanks
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

Great.... thanks... now I know what to do if I don't agree with where it is....

thanks

Happy to help! 8)
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    edited November 2012
    So if I have SN & Seasons installed the Weather Stone will appear in-game? I don't have to download it & install it first?

Edit: I found out that it does appear in-game without needing to be downloaded!
  • Options
    CassandraHCassandraH Posts: 63 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Mine landed on the Police Department in Sunset Valley IN the middle of the parking lot. I'm like really? Out of all places!
  • Options
    lauriexlauriex Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2013
    My weather stone was in the middle of the junk yard! Couldn't be a worse place, hu?

I deleted it & it came back behind the grocery store next to the dumpster. The third try put it in front of the school. I think I'll leave it there, lol!
  • Options
    emifanemifan Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2014
    To move the Weather Stone to other lot you need NRaas Master Controller mod. It has an option "Add to family inventory". So, you can add Weather Stone too =)
    If anybody interested, I can explain further)
  • Options
    VeryAngryatGameVeryAngryatGame Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Looking at the wheatherstone right now with master controller and there's no option to put it in your inventory, or any master controller option for that matter.

There IS a way to put the weather stone in your sim's family inventory though. Simply have your sim purchase the property the weatherstone is on using the real estate option, then select the lot to build/buy on it. Once in build/buy mode place the weatherstone in your family inventory. To put it on another lot, buy the lot you want it on and then build/buy like before. 8)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top