Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do any of your real life friends play the sims?

None of my friends do so it has its pros and it cons. I do like how the sims is my secret espace no one knows about though :)

Comments

• Options
    confluentsconfluents Posts: 230 Member
    edited November 2012
    My best friend plays Sims 2 (her computer can't handle Sims 3) and I have a coworker who's a big fan of the series. :)
  • Options
    yasi05yyasi05y Posts: 157
    edited November 2012
    Hey! :D My best friend plays the sims 2 aswell!
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited November 2012
    The only person I know that plays is my Sister in Law, but I don't think she is hard core like me! LOL I don't really get to talk to her that often either so I guess I would have to say "No" because no one I see and talk to on a regular basis plays.

Fortunately, my friends and my Honey love me enough to tolerate my periodic ramblings about my game. In return, I try to keep my Sims Talk to a minimum. My Honey does get a kick out of some of the things I tell him tho...like when my Sim's cat gets her butt kicked by a bug that she is trying to catch and comes away with a chip bag. He also happened to be standing behind me one day when my sim (who had the Mean Spirited and Hot Headed traits) decided to randomly walk up to another sim in the park and slap her. He chuckled about that for days! LOL
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited November 2012
    One of my close friends was addicted to her Sims Freeplay app and I gave her the Sims 2 double deluxe for her birthday since her computer can't handle Sims 3. It's fun to have someone to discuss the sims with. I have atleast 2 friends who are as addicted to the game as I am :mrgreen:.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    Gleeky321Gleeky321 Posts: 2,995 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Yahtzami wrote:
    Fortunately, my friends and my Honey love me enough to tolerate my periodic ramblings about my game.
    You're lucky your friends and Honey tolerate it mine by no means can handle it...It feels like I'm in my own little world because I rarely talk to people on here.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2012
    No. In the industry/office I work in, people either party hard at night or are the world's most boring family-oriented people, and most of my friends fit this motif as well. I'm trying to avoid the party scene, so Sims has helped me chill out when I have free time.
  • Options
    Morganvil225Morganvil225 Posts: 1,300 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I was the one who introduced JBellHale to Sims 2. She was also the first to play Sims 3 since I didn't have a laptop to play it on when I bought my copy. Lol.
  • Options
    Moonbeam81Moonbeam81 Posts: 181 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I have one co-worker who plays the Sims 2, because she has a terrible laptop, but other than that it is just me in Simlandia by myself :) My husband is really into Xbox, so I have lots of opportunities to take over the computer :)
  • Options
    BeccaLynn94BeccaLynn94 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I have only one good friend who plays the game. She gets just as pumped up about the expansions coming out as I do. I quite like that I have someone to share stories and excitement with. If it wasn't for her.. I would just look like a fool to the rest of my friends and family for getting so antsy about a game xD

I might know other people that play the game.. but I don't know that they play. So to me I have one of my best friends that plays frequently and other people I know are still closet-fans.
  • Options
    Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited November 2012
    No, and I've learned to keep it to myself. Some people think you're like an adult playing with dolls. :roll:
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have a couple of friends who play the game, but we never really talk about it that much. I don't even know if they're on the forums.
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited November 2012
    My pen pal I told about the game said it sounded interesting and I thought she would like it as she is a big animal and child lover. I bought her sims 3 base game plus pets for her birthday this year and sent her all my expansions to download. Unfortunately she doesn't get into it like I thought she would. She would rather do other things like sewing to relax when she isn't busy raising/homeschooling her kids. :( I sooo would not have done that if I thought she wouldn't get into it, but I just wanted someone who loves the sims like I do in my life to talk with about it as I have no one. :(
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yes My sister and cousin they have the sims 3 but only plays sims 2.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yep
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Eden777 wrote:
    No, and I've learned to keep it to myself. Some people think you're like an adult playing with dolls. :roll:
    Don't worry once someone told me that the sims 3 was like so 5 years ago
  • Options
    ArieflameheartArieflameheart Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    I only played Sims on the game cube for the longest time, one of my BFFs showed me Sims 2 on the computer and I was in Awe! Once Sims 3 was released I was instantly hooked!.
    From there I got three other friends and my Sweetheart addicted, not to mention my father and younger sister. :) The Sims 3 is so much fun. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ILOVEMARKGILOVEMARKG Posts: 130
    edited November 2012
    No none if my friends play sims. my sister brother and sister in law play sims. My bro and wife play more than me. they create ghost babies and big families. they build mansions together . my friends think its dumb
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited November 2012
    Nope none of my friends play the sims and it doesn't bother me at all.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yes. two of my bestfriends, my cousin, and my brother but he played sims 1. I gave him sims 3 and he said he played all night. HeHe! :lol:
  • Options
    cutecandyandiecutecandyandie Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited November 2012
    My best friend does. She use to watch me play all the time....We made the sims into a group effort. She play on my computer and I would build all her houses for her before she come over to ply again lol :P Now she has her own copy and we talk about it alot. :D Its nice knowing other people who play.
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited November 2012
    Gleeky321 wrote:
    Yahtzami wrote:
    Fortunately, my friends and my Honey love me enough to tolerate my periodic ramblings about my game.
    You're lucky your friends and Honey tolerate it mine by no means can handle it...It feels like I'm in my own little world because I rarely talk to people on here.

A wallflower like myself:wink:

I don't have any friends that play the sims either, and i never talk about to them whats the point if they don't understand!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    mrswoo5 wrote:
    Gleeky321 wrote:
    Yahtzami wrote:

A wallflower like myself:wink:

I don't have any friends that play the sims either, and i never talk about to them whats the point if they don't understand!
    Exactly!
  • Options
    RuthyBananaRuthyBanana Posts: 335 Member
    edited November 2012
    Except for my mum, and even then i can't remember the last time she played it, nobody :XD:
    tumblr_n3knr0AooC1sbvx0oo1_400.gif
  • Options
    aubreyxoaubreyxo Posts: 260 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Nope, and when I talk about it people think im a little cray-cray..
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited November 2012
    None of my friends play sims, well my best friend owns Sims 2, but no where has the obsession level of me. I'm content with none of my friends playing the game, makes me stay sane.