Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for Hydra about teen rating and Piracy

Comments

• Options
    Staple_SaladStaple_Salad Posts: 474 Member
    edited August 2009
    pikajohn, you are clearly not the parent of preteens who frequent this forum. I can assure you they would not be convinced by that argument. Peggy's skin is much more graphic and much more realistic than that painting. The ESRB would certainly call it R-rated. EA has called similar skins too mature for their site in the past.

The point is, EA says "don't link to mature content", then they link to mature content.

edit: Also, would you kindly remove that image, and quickly? Let's not give EA a reason to delete this thread. They will anyway, but by giving them a reason to do so, we weaken our position. Of course, we can say "why nuke the thread due to Klimt, but link to Peggy", but I would really rather we try to have the thread stay up.

Preteens aren't allowed on this site. This site is for people aged 13+ (which IS what the game is rated). Before allowing your children on the site, look at the age restriction please.

If that's the case (Sorry, I'm still sort of new) then why restrict MTS as a site because it's PG-13? TSR and Peggy have far worse content and they're fine to be linked.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think MTS has two mods that EA doesn't like still up on their main site. Those two mods change core game dynamics. The explicit skins on PeggyZone will have all their explicit-ness blocked by the clothing that the game ships with, and since the pictures seem to be blurred until you click to see the (fairly obviously going to be detailed) skin, it's not showing anything "wrong". However, with the download of one of the MTS mods, you'd see fully nude sims, and with another, you'd get underage woohoo, MTS gets the ban and Peggyzone doesn't.
  • Options
    AuroraDreamAuroraDream Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Staple, I don't really give a care that my sister saw naked body part. She will see it eventually growing up. I just think that the fact that they say don't post links to things that are over pg-13, then do it themselves. The site is pg-13, you are going to have kids see things that are pg-13 if they are on here. Plain and simple. That is one of the points here.
    This is not only just about the pg-13 stuff as well, there is more to it then that.

I didn't think you really did, I just see the "OMG A N.IP.PLE!!!!!!! FILTH!!!" reaction on here a lot. And some nudity is allowed in PG-13 (***** and limited breasts I think) and even some PG-programs (like documentaries about mostly-nude tribal cultures).

Are the skins on PeggyZone censored with pixels or bars? Because if they are, then I can see why it's still linked, even if the skins are explicit themselves, since the clothing that comes with the game will block any "naughty" bits.
    There is on the picture on the list thing, but if you click to download it, there is naked sims dolls, which are kind of detailed. Even with the blurs you can see that is detailed skins.

• Options
    twilightimaginetwilightimagine Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2009
    pikajohn, you are clearly not the parent of preteens who frequent this forum. I can assure you they would not be convinced by that argument. Peggy's skin is much more graphic and much more realistic than that painting. The ESRB would certainly call it R-rated. EA has called similar skins too mature for their site in the past.

The point is, EA says "don't link to mature content", then they link to mature content.

edit: Also, would you kindly remove that image, and quickly? Let's not give EA a reason to delete this thread. They will anyway, but by giving them a reason to do so, we weaken our position. Of course, we can say "why nuke the thread due to Klimt, but link to Peggy", but I would really rather we try to have the thread stay up.

Preteens aren't allowed on this site. This site is for people aged 13+ (which IS what the game is rated). Before allowing your children on the site, look at the age restriction please.

If that's the case (Sorry, I'm still sort of new) then why restrict MTS as a site because it's PG-13? TSR and Peggy have far worse content and they're fine to be linked.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think MTS has two mods that EA doesn't like still up on their main site. Those two mods change core game dynamics. The explicit skins on PeggyZone will have all their explicit-ness blocked by the clothing that the game ships with, and since the pictures seem to be blurred until you click to see the (fairly obviously going to be detailed) skin, it's not showing anything "wrong". However, with the download of one of the MTS mods, you'd see fully nude sims, and with another, you'd get underage woohoo, MTS gets the ban and Peggyzone doesn't.

If the censor remover is used on a normal game, all you're going to get are Barbie dolls - nothing mature on the normal skins. However, using the remover on a game with Peggy skins and you will get the full monty. And as I've posted before, films with teen pregnancy as the main theme (Juno) are often rated PG-13, and this fits with EA's policy of no R content! Teenage pregnancy could be considered part of our society today, and following your previous posts not exposing children to it could be more harmful in the future.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Staple, I don't really give a care that my sister saw naked body part. She will see it eventually growing up. I just think that the fact that they say don't post links to things that are over pg-13, then do it themselves. The site is pg-13, you are going to have kids see things that are pg-13 if they are on here. Plain and simple. That is one of the points here.
    This is not only just about the pg-13 stuff as well, there is more to it then that.

I didn't think you really did, I just see the "OMG A N.IP.PLE!!!!!!! FILTH!!!" reaction on here a lot. And some nudity is allowed in PG-13 (***** and limited breasts I think) and even some PG-programs (like documentaries about mostly-nude tribal cultures).

Are the skins on PeggyZone censored with pixels or bars? Because if they are, then I can see why it's still linked, even if the skins are explicit themselves, since the clothing that comes with the game will block any "naughty" bits.
    There is on the picture on the list thing, but if you click to download it, there is naked sims dolls, which are kind of detailed. Even with the blurs you can see that is detailed skins.

My guess is that EA assumes that since the site sensors the main image, but makes it obvious that it's a detailed skin, it's ok and skirts the rules. Since underage kids "wouldn't" be downloading it. And then again, it's not explicit once it's in the game, unless you add more mods in.

Either that or it's a newer addition to the site and they just don't check in very often.
  • Options
    AuroraDreamAuroraDream Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I personally just want to see EA's reaction to all of this, and maybe some answers instead of them getting deleted. All deleting is doing is causing more and more people to repost the same things to get the same results. I feel this will be endless till they get answers or all end up being banned.

Also the skin has been up since June 18th and Hydra's post was on July 29th. I feel either someone didn't pay attention, or didn't care.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

If the censor remover is used on a normal game, all you're going to get are Barbie dolls - nothing mature on the normal skins. However, using the remover on a game with Peggy skins and you will get the full monty. And as I've posted before, films with teen pregnancy as the main theme (Juno) are often rated PG-13, and this fits with EA's policy of no R content! Teenage pregnancy could be considered part of our society today, and following your previous posts not exposing children to it could be more harmful in the future.

Yes, however, they are still "naked" and I think EA is shunning the mod in it's entirety thanks to the big fight with Jack Thompson a couple years ago (when he was pushing for an M or AO rating because I mod could remove the censor... EA won, obviously, because of the warning they put on the box about user content).

Teen pregnancy comes about from teen woohoo which is still taboo and could make the game technically under the laws of CP for showing "minors" in the act (even though it's just a bed flopping around and confetti hearts). Sure we acknowledge that teenagers do it, and have programs like "16 and Pregnant" and "Juno", however, those focus more on pregnancy than woohoo (and while I have yet to see "Juno", "16 and Pregnant" is a great form of birth control).
  • Options
    elpemmyelpemmy Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    To be honest, my parents weren't particularly impressed when I went on peggyzone and saw the skins- they were incredibly schocked, actually, and I' m 14. So say what you like, but parents probably won't want their children going on these sites- modthesims doesn't have any images which would make my parents do that.
  • Options
    Pringles5436Pringles5436 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    At the heart of this thread I think there are some very valid questions raised I wouldn't mind answered.. I've been playing Sims for a very long time and slowly but surely the sites "promoted" by EA are pay sites.. the response to any questions asked is usually because non pay or free sites are not T rated. There are several sites that are completely free that are PG if thats the case, which was pointed out earlier.

The sites that are being promoted have non barbie skins, reveling clothing, overtly sexual ads including, phone sex lines, adult dating sites. So if you dont believe me let me link the sites that Hydra has already linked and if I'm banned for this than so should Hydra.

Peggyzone
    http://www.peggyzone.com/Sims3Object.html?type=02_00_00&page=last
    thats not a pg13 or T skin

Lianna
    http://www.lianasims3.net/fashion/LianaSims3_Fashion_Big_23.jpg
    well lookie there can see right through her bra.. whats that brown pokie thing

T$R.. The Sims Resource
    http://images.thesimsresource.com/1269/1269773.jpg
    Nothing says PG13, Teen rating like a Playboy and overly large uhm chest area
    http://images.thesimsresource.com/scaled/1268/w-804h-650-1268187.jpg
    Nothing says wholesome fun like shiney metallic swimsuits with built in "shes happy" poking at the top
    http://images.thesimsresource.com/1266/1266507.jpg
    My personal favorite.. everybody wants to see their 12 year olds playing sims running around in fishnet and thongs.
  • Options
    RickyBoy1123RickyBoy1123 Posts: 48 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Teen pregnancy comes about from teen woohoo which is still taboo and could make the game technically under the laws of CP for showing "minors" in the act (even though it's just a bed flopping around and confetti hearts). Sure we acknowledge that teenagers do it, and have programs like "16 and Pregnant" and "Juno", however, those focus more on pregnancy than woohoo (and while I have yet to see "Juno", "16 and Pregnant" is a great form of birth control).

ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS!? YOU CLAIM THAT GRAPHIC NUDITY ISN'T BAD YET SEX IS? You are such a ******* idiot. They are the same level as each other. NEITHER WILL RAISE THE RATING.
  • Options
    MeowsterMeowster Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    At the heart of this thread I think there are some very valid questions raised I wouldn't mind answered.. I've been playing Sims for a very long time and slowly but surely the sites "promoted" by EA are pay sites.. the response to any questions asked is usually because non pay or free sites are not T rated. There are several sites that are completely free that are PG if thats the case, which was pointed out earlier.

The sites that are being promoted have non barbie skins, reveling clothing, overtly sexual ads including, phone sex lines, adult dating sites. So if you dont believe me let me link the sites that Hydra has already linked and if I'm banned for this than so should Hydra.

Peggyzone
    http://www.peggyzone.com/Sims3Object.html?type=02_00_00&page=last
    thats not a pg13 or T skin

Lianna
    http://www.lianasims3.net/fashion/LianaSims3_Fashion_Big_23.jpg
    well lookie there can see right through her bra.. whats that brown pokie thing

T$R.. The Sims Resource
    http://images.thesimsresource.com/1269/1269773.jpg
    Nothing says PG13, Teen rating like a Playboy and overly large uhm chest area
    http://images.thesimsresource.com/scaled/1268/w-804h-650-1268187.jpg
    Nothing says wholesome fun like shiney metallic swimsuits with built in "shes happy" poking at the top
    http://images.thesimsresource.com/1266/1266507.jpg
    My personal favorite.. everybody wants to see their 12 year olds playing sims running around in fishnet and thongs.

Quoted for the truth.
  • Options
    samoht04samoht04 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I kind of understand what EA are trying to keep the game PG13 because they probably have alot of players under 18 so they could loose quite a bit of money but what I don't understand is why they don't answer the question?

It can't hurt just to make sure everyone knows what they mean and the reasons why. EA probably give some of the worst Customer Support ever, the only good thing is the games at the moment but even they are truning into a money making scheme not a fun game it will be like you need to get credits to buy all the furniture in your game.
  • Options
    Elliott8DElliott8D Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    However, with the download of one of the MTS mods, you'd see fully nude sims, and with another, you'd get underage woohoo, MTS gets the ban and Peggyzone doesn't.

I'd just like to point out that there is nothing wrong with those two mods. With the mod with un-blurs the sims when naked, the sims have nothing to show; they're like barbies unless you download a non barbie skin from a site such as Peggyzone which makes the sims appear to have 'rude parts'. So I'd say that the Peggyzone skins are much more mature than the mod. And the second one, what is wrong with 'woohoo'? It is never stated in the game that woohoo is supposed to be sex, people just assume. My 8 year old sister who plays the game and Sims 2 as well says that the sims are "just having having a party under the covers" and she thought that the pregancy was totally unrelated as in Sims 2 when giving birth, it talks about a stalk. So where does it say anything about having sex? Nowhere. So why is it wrong to have a teen woohoo mod? It isn't.
  • Options
    twilightimaginetwilightimagine Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Elliott8D wrote:
    However, with the download of one of the MTS mods, you'd see fully nude sims, and with another, you'd get underage woohoo, MTS gets the ban and Peggyzone doesn't.

I'd just like to point out that there is nothing wrong with those two mods. With the mod with un-blurs the sims when naked, the sims have nothing to show; they're like barbies unless you download a non barbie skin from a site such as Peggyzone which makes the sims appear to have 'rude parts'. So I'd say that the Peggyzone skins are much more mature than the mod. And the second one, what is wrong with 'woohoo'? It is never stated in the game that woohoo is supposed to be sex, people just assume. My 8 year old sister who plays the game and Sims 2 as well says that the sims are "just having having a party under the covers" and she thought that the pregancy was totally unrelated as in Sims 2 when giving birth, it talks about a stalk. So where does it say anything about having sex? Nowhere. So why is it wrong to have a teen woohoo mod? It isn't.

This sums up what I was trying to say earlier. =)

Still no reply from EA, I see. =/ It's not going to be a topic which will just go away, Gurus, so could you please answer our questions if not as members on a forum, then as paying customers for your product?
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2009
    The only reason why this has inflamed so badly is because of their silence. If EA had just acknowledged Hydra made a mistake and took down the post then none of this would have happened.

The fact that we are being ignored by both EA and the moderators or simply silenced with perma-bans shows their true colours. :/

I mean is it that hard for one mod to have a look at this place (they must do occasionally) and realize that someone has made a huge mistake?
  • Options
    ValancyValancy Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Darkslayer wrote:
    The only reason why this has inflamed so badly is because of their silence. If EA had just acknowledged Hydra made a mistake and took down the post then none of this would have happened.

The fact that we are being ignored by both EA and the moderators or simply silenced with perma-bans shows their true colours. :/

I mean is it that hard for one mod to have a look at this place (they must do occasionally) and realize that someone has made a huge mistake?

They can't admit their wrong as it would give creedence to the whole "EA only supports paysites argument". While that's the truth, they still like to keep up the facade that they support free sites because they include a link to one (one link mind you, out of 6).

If they do reply, it will be smarmy, non-committal reply designed to smooth over the debate without actually answering the question.
  • Options
    breebree711breebree711 Posts: 1,581 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My computer was going wacko last night, so I decided to call it a night and I miss EVERYTHING!

Im glad to see we started getting back on topic. Im upset to still see NO response from the gurus :x .
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Im still surprised this thread hasnt gotten deleted yet. Its 8:56am where I am, so the thread survived the night :D !
  • Options
    rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited August 2009
    People always brign up the no-blur from MTS(3)

Im fien with them not listing MTS(3), but they should NOT be linking to Peggyzone or any other of those sites with NON PG-13 materal (and pictures of it too. Here go our 8 year olds looking at pictures of chesticles.)
  • Options
    rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Also i got an email from EA about how i had been harassing people (I called peggy and EA numbwheels, woo! =\ )

but no email about how i flagged hydra about her links. EA, you are full of hypocrites.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    This is the link from Hydra's post:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/browse/category/sims3

If you scroll down to the ads by google, there is a link to a completly freeversion of the Sims 3!

Isnt that something that is to not be discussed on these forums :?:

Heres a link to the forum rules:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/197.page

In it it says:

- Do not request or post links to pirated content. This includes items from The Sims 2 Store and The Sims 3 Store

- Do not link to, request, or discuss content that may raise the game rating to an "M". This includes linking to teen pregnancy hacks, nude hacks, etc.
  • Options
    gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Im still surprised this thread hasnt gotten deleted yet. Its 8:56am where I am, so the thread survived the night :D !

Mods don't work at night, and we don't know when they start, but they are on the West Cost.
    Valancy wrote:
    If they do reply, it will be smarmy, non-committal reply designed to smooth over the debate without actually answering the question.

Like they always do. I wonder it they will try to post a "clarification"( :roll: ) of the EULA on here like they did with the Sims 2
  • Options
    OceanXTwist9OceanXTwist9 Posts: 198 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm back, and no response of any sort. Wow.
  • Options
    warnergirlswarnergirls Posts: 298 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Guys- do you really think this will do anything? wait- even better. Do you actually think Hydra WANTS you to download that specific skin? Not really! There are some other great things on the website. Everyone of you needs to chill!
  • Options
    gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The fact is she linked to a site that has a skin like that, one that is against the rules.

Post a picture of that skin in a thread on this site, they will delete that thread, and you could possibly be banned, yet its ok to like to the site.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bump