Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First snowfall of the year

it hasn't even really been snowing/sticking to things for two hours yet, and everything is all white and pretty.

now, i'm not a huge fan of snow IRL, it's cold and sometimes makes it very hard to get places and do things. BUUUT gah all i can think about is seasons and how excited i am for my lil sims to be able to have snow and stuff like this! the fact that it's snowing here just makes me that much more anxious for it.

six more days is six more days too long. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    JIMINATORJIMINATOR Posts: 101
    edited November 2012
    Lucky! All I get is crappy rain and frost :( I cannot wait to move to USA
  • Options
    xchristaleexchristalee Posts: 289 New Member
    edited November 2012
    i get all four seasons where i live. very hot in the summer time, below freezing sometimes in the winter time, every thing in between. which i guess could be why the constant sunshine my sims get is so...dull. :roll:

where in the USA are you looking to move?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Wish I got that We have the same kind of weather all year round but either some what warm or freezing, its always miserable and grey where I live :(

Looking at Salt Lake in Utah
  • Options
    xchristaleexchristalee Posts: 289 New Member
    edited November 2012
    miserable and grey does not sound very nice!

i've never been out that way, so i'm not sure what it's like.

to think two, three months ago i was swimming in the ocean, and now it's snowing so hard i can't see the end of my block.
  • Options
    meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    edited November 2012
    We get all the seasons too, but hardly ever any snow. And if we do get snow it's not much and isn't around very long. I wish we could get blanketed in snow and everything be all pretty and white for Christmas time. We had an ice storm in January/February of 2009, that was just miserable, a lot of people were without power for a week or more, some for a month. It was insane.

But I know what you mean about being excited for the Sims to finally have some changing seasons and to experience all the new stuff that comes along with them! :D

I'm about to go crazy over here, lol! I wish that the release date was TOMORROW, but sadly sixe more days to wait. :(
  • Options
    LaughterIsLife95LaughterIsLife95 Posts: 29
    edited November 2012
    I'm excited but wary at the same time considering it's been just over a week since Sandy hit here and towns are still trying to clean up and there are still wires down in some places on top of areas being evacuated again because of the nor'easter. The snow making me more excited to get Seasons. I have ideas for my sims now.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Its not fun at all :(

Which part are you from?
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm on the east coast of the US and I get all the weather. Snow, sun, rain, hurricanes, all of it.

There was a heat wave warning for like 3 weeks this past summer. A bunch of people even died. It was miserable but I suppose I have to be grateful that I'm alive :P
  • Options
    LaughterIsLife95LaughterIsLife95 Posts: 29
    edited November 2012
    I just had to go outside in my pajamas (which is a long sleeved shirt and shorts). I was covered with snow by the time I was back inside.
    I live on the Jersey Shore, pretty much 5 miles from the beach...or what was the beach.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    :( I wish i could wake up to some snow, guess thats why I cant wait for seasons so my simself can have snow whilst i get rain..
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited November 2012
    You know you got PEPS bad when you wake from a nap and see a coating of snow and your reaction is "I can't wait for snow in my Sims game!" LOL
  • Options
    xXBruin_SlayerXxxXBruin_SlayerXx Posts: 1,570 New Member
    edited November 2012
    JIMINATOR wrote:
    Lucky! All I get is crappy rain and frost :( I cannot wait to move to USA

I have never seen snow in my home town in the US. Well actually that's false, once there was "snow", but it wasn't really snow, it was mushy ice
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited November 2012
    Where i am, its fall...but doesn't feel like it completely. It needs some frost and snow, but for now its been actually bright in the morning since daylight savings.

6 days left...only six days...soon i will have summer, fall, winter, and spring for my sim and her animals to all enjoy...soon but not soon enough... :? :x :D (mixed emotions, about the arriving seasons!)
  • Options
    SidSid3SidSid3 Posts: 636 Member
    edited November 2012
    It's been snowing where I am too :-) Looks like a winter wonderland and it's only fall! But it's making me even more excited for Seasons. I can only imagine how beautiful my game will be when it's coated in snow :shock:
  • Options
    Pupper_puppyPupper_puppy Posts: 810 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Luckys! It never snows where I live. (Texas.) Well it snows RARELY. I think the last time it snowed was like 2010. And it was only for a day!

And i agree. I want my seasons game now!
    I'm going to attempt to make a legacy for once.... I rarely get past the 1st gen before I get bored.
  • Options
    Jacob112233Jacob112233 Posts: 259 Member
    edited November 2012
    meggera007 wrote:
    We get all the seasons too, but hardly ever any snow. And if we do get snow it's not much and isn't around very long. I wish we could get blanketed in snow and everything be all pretty and white for Christmas time. We had an ice storm in January/February of 2009, that was just miserable, a lot of people were without power for a week or more, some for a month. It was insane.

But I know what you mean about being excited for the Sims to finally have some changing seasons and to experience all the new stuff that comes along with them! :D

I'm about to go crazy over here, lol! I wish that the release date was TOMORROW, but sadly sixe more days to wait. :(

Do you live in Illinios?
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps89d0df1a.png
  • Options
    Jazzy0066Jazzy0066 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I live in northern Canada so you can bet the snow will be starting soon it's -10C right now with the wind chill :x
  • Options
    ameracis578ameracis578 Posts: 1,067 New Member
    edited November 2012
    It'd be nice to see snow for once in Texas... :/ In fact it'd be nice to see EVERY season beside just plain hot and humid
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited November 2012
    It snowed here too last night, I love it :lol:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited November 2012
    I miss snow I used to live in Missouri were there was everything from way to hot days to full on whiteouts. Now i live in Florida were cold is 30 degrees min.
  • Options
    darkraevendarkraeven Posts: 150 New Member
    edited November 2012
    STOP TALKING AOBUT SNOW your makeing me JELOUS it not fair i got to have bad weather in uk but state get snow :( Well time ot pack bags and move over
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hop the pond, mate. Might as well. It sure is pretty over here. :)
  • Options
    fallenangel19910fallenangel19910 Posts: 4,432 New Member
    edited November 2012
    ahhhh here you guys go talking about snow, here in Australia we NEVER get snow, just wind and rain, blaaaaah, but SUMMER oh my god SUMMER, soooo HOT...

but when i move to NYC i am going to have to adapt :shock:
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2012
    ahhhh here you guys go talking about snow, here in Australia we NEVER get snow, just wind and rain, blaaaaah, but SUMMER oh my god SUMMER, soooo HOT...

You're gonna have to adapt in a very real way girl. LOL You're talking a lot of cold and a LOT of snow. :) Good luck!
  • Options
    darkraevendarkraeven Posts: 150 New Member
    edited November 2012

jsut wait til you slip on ice cant get anywhere as it too danrous car skiding everywhere so much run and the deadly horrible Hail ohh how i hate hail