Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In need of advice with my roof and house :)

The house is not finished yet! I just was trying to do the roof and it looks like a disaster area!! Please I need advice! :)

Screenshot-43266.jpg

I'm trying to re-creat the roof of this house. If you watch Revenge you'll know that thats Grayson Manor. :)

Grayson-beach-house-in-the-Hamptons-aerial-Revenge.jpg

I know that that house is longer but the inside didn't match the outside. So this is the result.

Thank you so much in advance for your help! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited November 2012
    It looks like the long center roof needs to come forward one more square. I would also use the roof height tool to flatten all the roof pieces a bit.

BTW...I LOVE Revenge!!
  • Options
    Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    edited November 2012
    Oh yes I see that, My game is stretched so everything is kinda widened. As for the one square I did that because the roof would peek out on the sides where the roof is facing that other way. I'll change the pitch. Thank you!

Btw Revenge is awesome!! But the house on the inside is completely inconsistent with the house on the outside!! I was sooo confused when buoilding this house, the whole great room in the back in completely streched out I may have to start over. :P
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited November 2012
    I build houses from tv shows/movies all the time. I find that 9 times out of 10 the inside is a set, so it won't match. I usually leave the outside of the house as it appears in RL and then rearrange the inside to fit, just getting as much of the sets in as I can. If there is a room that is especially recognizable, then I adjust the house if I have to.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    edited November 2012
    I know! I tried!

Stretched Great room is at the back of the house:
    Screenshot-968.jpg

Great room on show:
    wide-shot-of-great-room-in-Grayson-Manor.jpg

But I'm sooo proud of the foyer! That's why I'm so skeptical of starting over!

Grayson-manor-foyer-2-Revenge.jpg

Screenshot-969.jpg
  • Options
    princenigma2princenigma2 Posts: 260 New Member
    edited January 2013
    The foyer is amazing! So accurate as well! I am a huge fan of this show and I especially love Victoria and Grayson Manor! Will this house be on the Exchange? Its really good!
  • Options
    princewayne9princewayne9 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    This is really great, I love Revenge as well :) I've been spending ages trying to recreate this house, with all of it's features as well such as the main family room with joint dining/kitchen area. I did improvise on the majority of the house, especially upstairs due to their being a lack of images of the second floor. I couldn't get the foyer staircase like how it is, although you have which is fantastic but I improvised there and added an elevator in its place but at the minute im trying to build the house again and Ive changed it to stairs but normal stairs. I have added the back office which it appears you have missed, the office where Conrad spends the majority of his time. My favourite part of Grayson Manor is the family room which stretches the full back side of house which joins onto the piano room area as well as the dining/kitchen area. I also added the conservatory but had to improvise a bit due to having to add a fireplace with a dining table in, In the new version I am building I will be adding a basement and two car garage which isn't on the real Grayson manor but I feel like a mansion with this amount of beauty and luxury should/would have them, I'm planning on having a wine cellar with a joint on nectary area as well as a trophy room and gym. I'll put the house on the exchange when I get it finished.