Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The EP is not out yet, but my game is pre-wrecked already.

- Telescopes not working,
- Space rocks not collected properly,
- Any other annoyances connected to last patch that prepares the customer for buying this new EP...

Thanks EA for not respecting their customers for yet another time. ://

Comments

• Options
    xchristaleexchristalee Posts: 289 New Member
    edited November 2012
    the telescope, and probably the space rocks too, are just missing coding for the aliens. both will more than likely be fixed with Seasons or the next game update, once that coding is added.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited November 2012
    Disrespect :?

Really?
  • Options
    leanne00876leanne00876 Posts: 28
    edited November 2012
    the telescope, and probably the space rocks too, are just missing coding for the aliens. both will more than likely be fixed with Seasons or the next game update, once that coding is added.
    This.

And why did you patch it in the first place. You could have easily waited for a few days until seasons comes out. Then you wouldnt have had these problems in the first place. Looking at what you posted you knew what could happen right? :wink:
  • Options
    AHeitlerAHeitler Posts: 123 New Member
    edited November 2012
    That is a little unreasonable. If the game prompts you to patch, it's legitimate to expect it to work in the game you have. We're told constantly to keep patches up to date and this one says nothing about waiting for Seasons before doing so.
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2012
    AHeitler wrote:
    That is a little unreasonable. If the game prompts you to patch, it's legitimate to expect it to work in the game you have. We're told constantly to keep patches up to date and this one says nothing about waiting for Seasons before doing so.

.. AGREE.. so .. now they are forced to buy seasons.. kind of sad .. isn't it .. (and for people who don't think so) .. it like forcing you to buy showtime / supernatural to get your game bugs fixed.
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited November 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    AHeitler wrote:

.. AGREE.. so .. now they are forced to buy seasons.. kind of sad .. isn't it .. (and for people who don't think so) .. it like forcing you to buy showtime / supernatural to get your game bugs fixed.

You're right. But on the other hand, who won't buy seasons anyway? :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    SumoB wrote:
    turistas9 wrote:
    AHeitler wrote:

i know, im buying it for sure, but some people don't like seasons ..

and this brings up .. i never had a meteor.. will i ever get one now.. or did they take it out of the game :S.
  • Options
    pixiesim123pixiesim123 Posts: 243 New Member
    edited November 2012
    This is EA's evil plan, they are all sat there saying: "Mwahahahahaha we've ruined your game with the patch now you have to spend £29.99 on seasons to sort it out!" :mrgreen:

Sorry, I think I may have had to much caffeine :D :oops: Being serious now, these issues haven't effected me much, I don't tend to use the telescope much, and haven't collected space rocks, the only problem I have had is sims resetting when they get married, but I can live with that because they still get married and their relationship status still changes to married. I'm one of the lucky ones who have never really had any major problems *touchwood*
  • Options
    xchristaleexchristalee Posts: 289 New Member
    edited November 2012
    i'm sure you don't have to buy Seasons to have it fixed, the next update will probably work just as well for that.

and you should be able to get a meteor turistas, i only ever had my first one after the update. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    SumoB wrote:
    turistas9 wrote:
    AHeitler wrote:

i know, im buying it for sure, but some people don't like seasons ..

and this brings up .. i never had a meteor.. will i ever get one now.. or did they take it out of the game :S.

I myself have only experienced meteor strikes ones. Fell on my sim who was watering her flowers. It was fun at first because something new and unexpected happened, but it killed her :(

I wonder if you can trigger meteor strikes with the machines that can change weather as well!? That would be awesome! :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This is EA's evil plan, they are all sat there saying: "Mwahahahahaha we've ruined your game with the patch now you have to spend £29.99 on seasons to sort it out!" :mrgreen: *

42297.jpg
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited November 2012
    This is EA's evil plan, they are all sat there saying: "Mwahahahahaha we've ruined your game with the patch now you have to spend £29.99 on seasons to sort it out!" :mrgreen:

Sorry, I think I may have had to much caffeine :D :oops: Being serious now, these issues haven't effected me much, I don't tend to use the telescope much, and haven't collected space rocks, the only problem I have had is sims resetting when they get married, but I can live with that because they still get married and their relationship status still changes to married. I'm one of the lucky ones who have never really had any major problems *touchwood*

You could have preordered it from Amazon for £25 :P
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    i'm sure you don't have to buy Seasons to have it fixed, the next update will probably work just as well for that.

and you should be able to get a meteor turistas, i only ever had my first one after the update. :D

i hope so .. i really want one lol..
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited November 2012
    This.

And why did you patch it in the first place. You could have easily waited for a few days until seasons comes out. Then you wouldnt have had these problems in the first place. Looking at what you posted you knew what could happen right? :wink:

This.

It's why I haven't patched yet, just waiting for seasons.
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    edited November 2012
    AHeitler wrote:

You can always uncheck the automatic updates on the launcher. I didn't update to the last patch before the seasons one as it made my game very slow,but did update to the seasons patch after having to uninstall all my expansions and updating through having just the base game and everything worked fine.
  • Options
    Dan78Dan78 Posts: 35
    edited November 2012
    This one sounds so legit that I'm feeling as if I've got a live broadcast from EA Headquarters! O_o
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2012
    SumoB wrote:
    I myself have only experienced meteor strikes ones. Fell on my sim who was watering her flowers. It was fun at first because something new and unexpected happened, but it killed her :(

I wonder if you can trigger meteor strikes with the machines that can change weather as well!? That would be awesome! :lol:
    Aliens will be able to use their mind powers to cause meteors to strike...
  • Options
    sunnydays44sunnydays44 Posts: 156 Member
    edited November 2012
    Dan78 wrote:
    This one sounds so legit that I'm feeling as if I've got a live broadcast from EA Headquarters! O_o

For god's sake, get over yourself and stop acting like a drama queen. I'm pretty sure these issues will be fixed with the next patch. If telescope use is integral to your game, you can always reinstall your games and manually patch your game up to the level you want. It's also possible that there are mods out there that can fix these issues. You have control over your life and your purchases - no one is going to make you buy Seasons if you don't want it.
  • Options
    pixiesim123pixiesim123 Posts: 243 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Dan78 wrote:

For god's sake, get over yourself and stop acting like a drama queen. I'm pretty sure these issues will be fixed with the next patch. If telescope use is integral to your game, you can always reinstall your games and manually patch your game up to the level you want. It's also possible that there are mods out there that can fix these issues. You have control over your life and your purchases - no one is going to make you buy Seasons if you don't want it.

Me? Or the person who was quoting me? Because I was joking :oops: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited November 2012

According to Twallan the coding for the game is already there. From alien coding to weather coding (thus why people are seeing strange thing with regards to clouds like its going to rain). What is installed with regards to the game disks is the art. We pay for the art but we get the coding for free. So the coding for the aliens/space rocks/telescopes are already there.
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited November 2012
    You're right. But on the other hand, who won't buy seasons anyway? :lol: [/quote]

Umm people who can't afford it... There are people who have to actually work and make the money to buy these expansion packs. :roll:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2012

Yep since the patch if your sims get married they won't move in together unless their already living together. EA is already looking into this as I saw it posted from a simguru.
  • Options
    sunnydays44sunnydays44 Posts: 156 Member
    edited November 2012
    Dan78 wrote:

Me? Or the person who was quoting me? Because I was joking :oops: :mrgreen:

Noo, not you, the person who was quoting you :)
  • Options
    Mikki101Mikki101 Posts: 302 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I installed it mostly cause I want the blueprints XD but I can't purchase Seasons because my laptop would probably throw a fit if I attempted to play that on it....
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2012
    This.

The problem is if you don't patch, you can't log in. You can't log in, you can't do any of the online activities like Achievements or sending/receiving gifts or Simport. :x
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)