Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1.42 Game Update Troubles & Other Major Problems (MOD'S PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD)

Hey All,

So my game has started to crash, lag and my computer is starting to randomly restart because of the new seasons update.

So I am here so everyone can list there problems and concerns.
I'll make a list and then try to get the attention of Maxis to help with everything.
But that will take a lot of work so I will need to make it worth everyone's time so please don't be shy.

Thanks
Zpj9msL.png

Comments

• Options
    MellieMidgetMellieMidget Posts: 900 Member
    edited November 2012
    Problems & Concerns:

With the Forum:
    1. System Messages aren't showing.
    2. Friend Requests cant be seen & keep showing up when they get accepted
    3. Forum page's keep refreshing because the "My Page" doesn't show the first time (could be a problem for people with medical conditions.)
    4. More Post's then there are View's

In Game and after 1.42 Update:

1. Lagging
    2. Random computer restarts
    3. Stops Responding
    4. Crashes
    5. Llama Animations & Noise happens when not in use
    6. Married Sims getting called up for a date
    7. Hairstyles & Make Up keeps resetting when selecting an outfit in CAS (Changing from everyday wear to formal wear with set hairstyle for each one, then going back to one only to find out that it isn't the one the player selected)
    8. Ghost Hunter Career. When preforming the "Ghostly Presence" task once you locate the ghost you would not be able to banish them, but a window shows how many ghost are left
    9. Opportunity "Angry Spirit" suddenly vanishes
    10. When being called to "golden Llama' opportunity, the only thing that happens is the completion music plays none stop unless the opportunity is cancelled, even if it has been completed, and the reward is never paid
    11. After 1.42 Update - Even when all Mod's & Custom content have been removed, the game still crashes
    12. When going to select a family or creating a new one the game crashes
    13. Sims are not showing up after 1.42 Update. The sim becomes invisible and becomes the object she is using. (When she eats honey she becomes the honey bottle, If she is doing the dishes she becomes the dish sponge
    14. Can no longer analyse space rock's
    15. Bugs & Butterflies are spawning inside Sims houses
    16. Sim wont go to prom. The limo arrives but they wont get in, so they end up missing prom
    17. Parties don't get the "greet party" reward, Parties never end. the visitors only end up going home. Happens when Parties are either at home or at a location
    18. People & Animals are getting stuck in random locations or are buried half way in ground in Moonlight Falls. Sims have to be reset.
    19. Pets turn invisible and they can't be interacted with. Pets get taking away due to loneliness
    20. Sims can no longer use telescopes. The approach the object and then end up on the other side of it.
    21. Reinstalling all of the games then note updating the launcher with seasons 1.42 because it is causing crashes and other problems
    22. Female Sims wont garden unless pregnant.
    23. Wearing outfits other then the paternal outfits causes Sims to jump out of the yard and deletes all the events that were in line to be done.
    24. Sims of different colours and ethnic groups are found to glitch a lot more then normal Sims
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    QueenScorpion1QueenScorpion1 Posts: 72
    edited November 2012
    I've got different problems. Not sure if you want them here. I've got a LLAMA on my lot and keep getting the noise (and sometimes the animation) like someone's using it when they aren't.

I keep getting sims calling up my married sim asking him on a date, when they are married as well!

I hate the new attraction system and the little popup about sims learning new crafts, I'm not sure what that is all about.

There might be more, but I've only played for one evening.
  • Options
    NicoleWagner1981NicoleWagner1981 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I have had an issue with hairstyles that are not custom content and make-up that is not custom content resetting each time I build a Sim in create-a-Sim mode. I would have the make-up and hair all set, then go to make a formal wear outfit, night-time outfit, etc. , and it would reset. It is VERY annoying!
  • Options
    GoldenthrushGoldenthrush Posts: 90 Member
    edited November 2012
    Really bad issues with the Ghost Hunter career. (I have Sims, Ambitions, and Supernatural on Mac).

First, the ghost hunter could locate spirits on 'ghostly presence', but couldn't banish them. However, a little pop up would say how many ghosts and if they had been located.

Now, after the update, that update doesn't show up, and the ghosts still can't be banished.

Two opportunities pop up, but if it is "ghostly presence" and "angry spirits", the "angry spirit" opportunity abruptly vanishes.

When called to the "Golden Llama" opportunity, all that happens is the 'completion' music plays over and over and over until the opportunity is cancelled (even though it's been completed) and it never pays out.

• Options
    arodzarodz Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    I too started having problems after I updated to the 1.42. I tried turning of my custom content and it played for a little while but then it totally crashes. I haven't had any problems until the new update. when are they going to fix it!!!!
  • Options
    sisforsarahsisforsarah Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    I've just updated my game and I can't even get on to any family/create a new one without it crashing.

Any help on that would be good as well, if anyone knows :)
  • Options
    goZekigrlgoZekigrl Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    I'm having issues too... I just updated my game with the patch and now my sim wont show up... almost as if she's invisible.

Whenever she interacts with an object, she becomes the object. Like she went to clean dishes and she became the dish sponge. or she ate honey and appeared as the honey bottle. But if she's just walking around all you see is her little plumbob moving around :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I've got different problems. Not sure if you want them here. I've got a LLAMA on my lot and keep getting the noise (and sometimes the animation) like someone's using it when they aren't.

I keep getting sims calling up my married sim asking him on a date, when they are married as well!

I hate the new attraction system and the little popup about sims learning new crafts, I'm not sure what that is all about.

There might be more, but I've only played for one evening.
    I have had an issue with hairstyles that are not custom content and make-up that is not custom content resetting each time I build a Sim in create-a-Sim mode. I would have the make-up and hair all set, then go to make a formal wear outfit, night-time outfit, etc. , and it would reset. It is VERY annoying!
    Really bad issues with the Ghost Hunter career. (I have Sims, Ambitions, and Supernatural on Mac).

First, the ghost hunter could locate spirits on 'ghostly presence', but couldn't banish them. However, a little pop up would say how many ghosts and if they had been located.

Now, after the update, that update doesn't show up, and the ghosts still can't be banished.

Two opportunities pop up, but if it is "ghostly presence" and "angry spirits", the "angry spirit" opportunity abruptly vanishes.

When called to the "Golden Llama" opportunity, all that happens is the 'completion' music plays over and over and over until the opportunity is cancelled (even though it's been completed) and it never pays out.
    arodz wrote:
    I too started having problems after I updated to the 1.42. I tried turning of my custom content and it played for a little while but then it totally crashes. I haven't had any problems until the new update. when are they going to fix it!!!!
    I've just updated my game and I can't even get on to any family/create a new one without it crashing.

Any help on that would be good as well, if anyone knows :)
    goZekigrl wrote:
    I'm having issues too... I just updated my game with the patch and now my sim wont show up... almost as if she's invisible.

Whenever she interacts with an object, she becomes the object. Like she went to clean dishes and she became the dish sponge. or she ate honey and appeared as the honey bottle. But if she's just walking around all you see is her little plumbob moving around :(

All Added to the list.
    Thank you everyone. So fair the list is great.
    Keep bringing these issues to my attention so we can get Maxis to fix these for us and also it will help them because everyones issues are in the one spot and not spread throughout 6000 different new topics.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    GoldenthrushGoldenthrush Posts: 90 Member
    edited November 2012
    Also, you can no longer analyze space rocks.
  • Options
    RusalkaRusalka Posts: 510 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My cat turned invisible and the sims can't click on her to interact with her. The only way she can interact is to make the cat active and click on the Sims. Nearly had her taken away out of loneliness.

People and horses/wildlife/pets are getting randomly stuck at places in Moonlight Falls. The gym and the pool are the worst. They just stand there forever and never move. Some of them are half in the ground. One poor horse by the gym is up to his neck. I have to "resetsims" to get them out of it.

Parties are BROKEN. I can call to start a party at home or at a location - wedding, birthday, bachelor, etc. However, the party never, ever ends. You just go home eventually, but you never get those 'wishes' associated with the party filled and you don't get any of those "great party" messages, etc.

Teen sim would NOT go to the prom. The limo arrived and he clicked on it like 20 times, but he would never get in it. His date was standing right there. She never got in it. So the limo eventually just left and he didn't go to prom.

Suddenly bugs and butterflies are INSIDE my sim's house crawling and flying around. That's never happened before...

Oh, and I'm getting that married Sims being asked for dates thing too.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Shelly9100Shelly9100 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I've had the issues with the ghost career but I've also noticed one other thing that no one else seems to have mentioned and that's that my Sims can no longer use the telescope! They go up to it and look in but then reset on the other side of the telescope. Other than that I've had the invites to go on dates for married Sims (by married Sims) and the Ghost situation where you have to find the spirits but once you have found them (according to the pop up window) you can't see them to get rid of them.
  • Options
    CristalXCristalX Posts: 286 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I can't play anymore.After the patch.I opened the launcher push the play button and nothing.It disappears.And nothing.Then uninstall it and didn't update with the new patch everything ok.I played.Update my game and nothing again so it's the patch.

can anyone help me?
  • Options
    angieshadeangieshade Posts: 12 New Member
    edited November 2012

this predates 1.42, I have had that problem intermittently for months.
  • Options
    PogfacePogface Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Numerous crashes, noticed the horse and the telescope thing, and many of the other problems, including the ghost hunter problem. I can't get one of my female sims to garden at all unless she happens to be pregnant, any normal outfit she wears she glitches jumps out of the yard and forgets the entire string of events she was supposed to do, she only works in prenatal outfits. Have also noticed that my sims of unusual color (green, red, blue etc) tend to glitch alot more, and have more crashes then, my sims of identifiable ethinic persuasion.
  • Options
    NicoleRaye10NicoleRaye10 Posts: 77
    edited November 2012
    My sim can't look through the telescope. She hops a few squares away from the telescope when she uses it. Also, (sorry if it's a bit off topic) where do I find the "attraction" feature?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I think the problem with the ghost hunter career line is the new addition of ghosts as playable sims in supernatural. Remember before Supernatural the ghosts you zapped in the Find ghost instances were of the full body apparation type, which is what the new ghost sims happen to be, easiest fix I can think of is if they patched it to either A. let ghost hunter sims take out Ghost sims, which would add a whole new dynamic to the game and give the ghosts an actual "enemy" group (werewolves vs vampires, fairies vs witches, ghosts vs ghost hunters) or B. switch it so the ghosts that show up are the little whispy things you normally collect as a ghost hunter when you catch a ghost. I like the first option, its more fun :twisted:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I think the problem with the ghost hunter career line is the new addition of ghosts as playable sims in supernatural. Remember before Supernatural the ghosts you zapped in the Find ghost instances were of the full body apparation type, which is what the new ghost sims happen to be, easiest fix I can think of is if they patched it to either A. let ghost hunter sims take out Ghost sims, which would add a whole new dynamic to the game and give the ghosts an actual "enemy" group (werewolves vs vampires, fairies vs witches, ghosts vs ghost hunters) or B. switch it so the ghosts that show up are the little whispy things you normally collect as a ghost hunter when you catch a ghost. I like the first option, its more fun :twisted:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Also, you can no longer analyze space rocks.
    Rusalka wrote:
    My cat turned invisible and the sims can't click on her to interact with her. The only way she can interact is to make the cat active and click on the Sims. Nearly had her taken away out of loneliness.

People and horses/wildlife/pets are getting randomly stuck at places in Moonlight Falls. The gym and the pool are the worst. They just stand there forever and never move. Some of them are half in the ground. One poor horse by the gym is up to his neck. I have to "resetsims" to get them out of it.

Parties are BROKEN. I can call to start a party at home or at a location - wedding, birthday, bachelor, etc. However, the party never, ever ends. You just go home eventually, but you never get those 'wishes' associated with the party filled and you don't get any of those "great party" messages, etc.

Teen sim would NOT go to the prom. The limo arrived and he clicked on it like 20 times, but he would never get in it. His date was standing right there. She never got in it. So the limo eventually just left and he didn't go to prom.

Suddenly bugs and butterflies are INSIDE my sim's house crawling and flying around. That's never happened before...

Oh, and I'm getting that married Sims being asked for dates thing too.
    Shelly9100 wrote:
    I've had the issues with the ghost career but I've also noticed one other thing that no one else seems to have mentioned and that's that my Sims can no longer use the telescope! They go up to it and look in but then reset on the other side of the telescope. Other than that I've had the invites to go on dates for married Sims (by married Sims) and the Ghost situation where you have to find the spirits but once you have found them (according to the pop up window) you can't see them to get rid of them.
    CristalX wrote:
    I can't play anymore.After the patch.I opened the launcher push the play button and nothing.It disappears.And nothing.Then uninstall it and didn't update with the new patch everything ok.I played.Update my game and nothing again so it's the patch.

can anyone help me?
    Pogface wrote:
    Numerous crashes, noticed the horse and the telescope thing, and many of the other problems, including the ghost hunter problem. I can't get one of my female sims to garden at all unless she happens to be pregnant, any normal outfit she wears she glitches jumps out of the yard and forgets the entire string of events she was supposed to do, she only works in prenatal outfits. Have also noticed that my sims of unusual color (green, red, blue etc) tend to glitch alot more, and have more crashes then, my sims of identifiable ethinic persuasion.

Added :)

Up-To-Date
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My sim can't look through the telescope.

I would suggest consulting crinrict's Patch 1.42 bug thread here : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604090.page

:)
  • Options
    sarahbs85sarahbs85 Posts: 97
    edited November 2012
    I updated earlier and since then my game has crashed 3 times. Just shuts down and says the sims 3 has stopped working. I have to save every couple of mins just so i dont lose too much.
  • Options
    yz2907yz2907 Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited November 2012
    My game crashes after 5-15 minutes. :( In the few minutes I can play I notice that my sim has been standing in the middle of her bed when she is supposed to be sleeping, then after a second she teleports to a different place in the room.
    I don't use mods or custom content.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    My sim can't look through the telescope. She hops a few squares away from the telescope when she uses it. Also, (sorry if it's a bit off topic) where do I find the "attraction" feature?

What feture do you mean?
    If you mean the one from lifetime rewards "Attractive - 'Wheather it's the pleasing scent or charm, people will suddenly like you more'." you can purchase it for 15,000 lifetime reward points

Pogface wrote:

I think A would be awesome. Also I was also hoping that vampires would be more dangerous. It just isn't fun when you cant fight with your enemy like you said
    "(werewolves vs vampires, fairies vs witches, ghosts vs ghost hunters)"

Maybe they will do this with the release of a new EP or the new world they are making?
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    briansimpsonbriansimpson Posts: 82 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't think I'm adding anything new here, but I thought I would throw my two cents in as well. I have the telescope issue, and the space rock issue where it cancels everything else out. The Llamas all over town keep making that sound, though the one at Aliester's always did that for me. However, they all do now. My toddler didn't become the potty necessarily, but was sitting on the floor occupying the same space so it sort of looked like the potty had a head and arms. My painter once walked behind the easel, and in an Exorcist-esque move, craned his arms all weird around so the hand with the brush was actually sticking through the painting to the front side, where he could paint. This has been going on since before the most recent patch, but I HATE that my Sims change hairstyle and such when doing different things. One of my males has a ridiculous hair style only when he goes to work. One of my females has different hair when she's in the tub. As of this last update I have also noticed a general "stickiness" or lag to clicking on things. It takes a half second or so to get the options from a fridge, for instance. Or if I click Map View, it takes a bit for it to respond.
  • Options
    WhoppingSpiderWhoppingSpider Posts: 288 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Dunno if anyone else got this pop up but after last nights patch that messed the game up I all of a sudden just now got a pop up saying yet another update patch. Gonna see what it does :/ crosses fingers cause I'm not deleting anything that I've had this long just because of a faulty patch that should had waited until the actual "SEASONS" is released.....yeah. *End rant*
  • Options
    jessicalovesdanjessicalovesdan Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I haven't been able to play my game. As soon as it starts up and the EA circle thing comes up it freezes. I'm VERY upset about this, especially since in a couple weeks Seasons is coming out.

Has anyone got any solutions?!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top