Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open for Business Petition/Fan Club! 1214 signatures!!!

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2012
    Would anyone else like to sign? :D
  • Options
    aillaill Posts: 56
    edited November 2012
    Wow this thread is getting alot of votes. I hope the Developers listen to us. I never played sims 2 ( unfortunatly ) so what were the main things you could do in OFB?
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited November 2012
    aill wrote:
    Wow this thread is getting alot of votes. I hope the Developers listen to us. I never played sims 2 ( unfortunatly ) so what were the main things you could do in OFB?

it was a expansion that let you create your own business, these people think it the best expansion ever
  • Options
    raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited November 2012
    Signed
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks raybigbear! :D

PsychoMasterX... yes, many people do think it was the best e.p ever, that's why the thread has so many signatures. :D

aill... it was... THE BEST E.P EVER!!! :wink:

Seriously, it allowed you to open you own business, selling almost anything you could think of. You could have a home business or buy a commercial property and open a store. You could also own a bakery or a restaurant, a coffee house or a bar. And you had things like a car display so you could own a car showroom, or a garage if you had the fixable car. You had things like the floristry bench, the toy making bench and the robotics bench, so yoou could own a florist, toy shop or a robotic shop (the robot bench is a bit like the inventing station... you could make simbots). I also had a criminal who owned an electronic goods store. There were so many options!!! Oh, you could make a working clothes shop too! Basically, you could open up all the non-career rabbit holes. :D

Also, you could fire AND HIRE employees, give them a uniform and tell them what you wanted them to do. You had to re-stock the shelves, man the till, clean up, and actually sell things to customers. You could improve all these things like a skill, so when you sold things to customers you had all different ways of doing it... sometimes your sim would be too pushy and the customer would cower away! Then you got a 'dazzle' technique that almost always succeeded in a sale! Part of owning a business was building your stores reputation by keeping the customers happy and impressing the sim who came to review your service.

:D

I'll add the sims 3 idea from the survey:

(edit)

8101950021_6077ddc5b8_b.jpg

8101962378_282818075d_b.jpg

8101962356_d324fdbe7b_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Interestingly it says 'you will now be presented with a description of an upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 3'.

It doesn't say 'potential'...

does that mean we ARE getting it and they're just working out what is essential to include, in case they don't get time to add EVERYTHING!?

!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!

KEEP SIGNING!!! :D
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2012
    Maybe we're getting all 4 of the EPs in the last survey. The all say:
    You will now be presented with a description of an upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 3. Please read the description and answer the questions that follow.

and 2 of them have this:
    You will now be presented with a list of potential features for this upcoming expansion pack. Please read the feature list and answer the questions that follow.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't think I ever signed this one. Can you add me, please, if not? I'd really like to see an OFB.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jcp011c2... I've added you! :D

g01denswan... I am TOO excited about this! :shock: :D
  • Options
    Meganne79Meganne79 Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2012
    Signed.
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited November 2012
    Signed :P
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thank you Meganne79 and JEREMYSIMS01!! :D:D

We hit 80! :thumbup:
  • Options
    mathboy8mathboy8 Posts: 381 Member
    edited November 2012
    Signed!
  • Options
    Tigger19Tigger19 Posts: 1,516 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Sign me up! :thumbup:
  • Options
    AjTexaskilla32AjTexaskilla32 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2012
    add me.....
  • Options
    3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Whoop! Whoop! Almost 100!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    MzCambridgeMzCambridge Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Signed :D
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited November 2012
    aill wrote:
    these petitions dont work that way. its just to see how many people want a certain idea. and to also talk about it and share a common interest with your fellow simmer. :P if ea wants to do it, theyll do it. or they wont. the petitions [imo] have no effect on their decisions. ive seen some good ideas with a LOT of votes and they didnt even add the features :( but it was nice to just talk about :)
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited November 2012
    Please put my name on the list if it's not already there.Signed SuttiPutt.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Wow! I wake up to find 5 new votes! :D

Thank you, mathboy8, Tigger19, AjTexaskilla32, MzCambridge and SuttiPutt (I like your new avi!) :D

bosslaydee... there's no harm in trying! :D I won't buy sims 4 if we don't get OFB for sims 3. I won't waste my money just to be disappointed again. And I'm not the only person who has said this. Maybe they might think about that as well.

3DJ4... you are a star! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited November 2012
    Signed! :) I have no idea why they would leave it this long before adding such a popular feature into the game!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Me either! I'll add you now...

I'm going to hedge a bet, judging by your name, that you might support the idea of graffiti and wall art in the game? :D
  • Options
    TuthillTuthill Posts: 98 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Proposal for the style:

SIMCITY.

Allows users with The SIMS3 to co-manage an online city.

Adds offices to City Hall that allow setting taxes, ordinances, buy and sell on the Worlds market.

Adds water simulation and managemnt, sewer simulation and mgt. power simulation and mgt. road tools.
    --

That is how I would like to take my city and sims made goods into business. Let us be mayors.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Tuthill... why don't you make a thread about this idea? I've noticed you've posted it on a couple of threads. I like the idea but you are OT. I think if you post it in a dedicated thread people will respond to it more. Rather than posting something that really doesn't have anything to do with the thread. I'm trying to be helpful. :D
  • Options
    cspen50cspen50 Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2012
    signed :thumbup: