Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims throw the most boring parties ever.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited October 2012
    I agree, boring parties and you need to make your own drama.....but the ones that annoy me are the invitations that require swim wear....you get there and no pool!!
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2012
    Your typical NPC's party:

No food for guests and when your sim tries to prepare some for others or their selves they get called acting inappropriately.

Stereos/radio/whatever but its not even on sometimes and even so no one barely dances.

Tv or playing video games seems to be the highlight of the party.

Usually as soon as your sim arrives the host retires to bed or already is asleep. How rude.

Sims do stand around or sit around and talk but oh so boring.

I think its in how the parties are programmed, it doesn't seem like much input at all for how the host(s)/NPC party-goers should/could act for such a fun occasion. It's a great start and a good idea but poorly executed as what is the point of even going to parties? Unless they revamp the programming, the parties will remain boring. Except for player made parties of course.

Maybe add some sort of hired entertainment similar to TS House Party, mixologist, DJ, etc. as some of the things we could see in a NPC's party. How about caterers, even though the buffet table could feed guests as well as the mixologist or even prepare home cooked meals but hey, I like options. Besides caterers could also be used for a more fancy type of party or event and even clean up after the party. But that is only if parties actually produced some to wreck your house with trash and what not all over the place.

A broken toilet, some having accidents on their selves, some throwing up, some streaking, maybe the police come for a disturbance call from the neighbor. For sims who host that are party animals or sims that go to parties that are party animals should act just like that. Those sims would be the wild and crazy ones and the mean-spirited sims could be the ones starting fights or instigating problems.

There are so many...too many missed opportunities with traits. Great idea but so limited.

I imagine the parties to be fun, wild and crazy in TS4 but in TS3 they are too dull for me to even care about going to parties anymore. Even if they are my sims close friends or relatives.

Not every single party will result in your house being trashed but know your friends/relatives traits or at least if this was actually implemented in the game would definitely bring more unpredictable and funny behavior to the game.

Ever since LN, I don't think I ever even saw a brawl at a bar, lounge or club. But I did see a brawl while my sim was performing for at her concert, lol.

2yvq5xx.jpg
    Thought I took a picture of the fight cloud but guess not.

Anyway would be nice to have NPC parties similar to this:

15oumhe.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    CimaraNyx1CimaraNyx1 Posts: 469
    edited October 2012
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Your typical NPC's party:

No food for guests and when your sim tries to prepare some for others or their selves they get called acting inappropriately.

Stereos/radio/whatever but its not even on sometimes and even so no one barely dances.

Tv or playing video games seems to be the highlight of the party.

Usually as soon as your sim arrives the host retires to bed or already is asleep. How rude.

Sims do stand around or sit around and talk but oh so boring.

I think its in how the parties are programmed, it doesn't seem like much input at all for how the host(s)/NPC party-goers should/could act for such a fun occasion. It's a great start and a good idea but poorly executed as what is the point of even going to parties? Unless they revamp the programming, the parties will remain boring. Except for player made parties of course.

Maybe add some sort of hired entertainment similar to TS House Party, mixologist, DJ, etc. as some of the things we could see in a NPC's party. How about caterers, even though the buffet table could feed guests as well as the mixologist or even prepare home cooked meals but hey, I like options. Besides caterers could also be used for a more fancy type of party or event and even clean up after the party. But that is only if parties actually produced some to wreck your house with trash and what not all over the place.

A broken toilet, some having accidents on their selves, some throwing up, some streaking, maybe the police come for a disturbance call from the neighbor. For sims who host that are party animals or sims that go to parties that are party animals should act just like that. Those sims would be the wild and crazy ones and the mean-spirited sims could be the ones starting fights or instigating problems.

There are so many...too many missed opportunities with traits. Great idea but so limited.

I couldn't agree more. What I usually do now, since we don't have many options, is like I said before, lock up everything I DON'T want my guests to do and just leave out the things I allow them to do.

While at friend's parties, I always have my Sim ask to spend the night, even if she doesn't, but that way, s/he can at the very least prepare a meal and make mixed drinks. I am also in the process of letting my Sim being an interior decorator so I can personally go through all the neighbor's houses and redecorate them the way I want them to be (while Sim gets paid for this), with parties in mind...add professional bars, make room to dance, spark up the house so it's more interesting, and for gosh sakes, I REMOVE ALL those stupid boom boxes and extra computers from the bedrooms. There's nothing more annoying than going to a party only to have 6 different types of music playing in rooms that are too small to dance in anyway. While dancing, your Sim can always "call over to dance" which is a nice option. I know, it's a lot of work, but parties are one of my favorite aspects of game play and I want it to be more enjoyable. Any other suggestions? I'd be glad to hear what other's have done to make this part of the game better.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I forgot to mention, now with SN, throw an invigorating elixir at the host as soon as your Sim walks through the door, and any interesting guests as well. That way, no one goes to bed early. Just an idea.

I haven't tried mixing anything into drinks yet, but when I get a chance, my Sim will start doing that too just to mix things up a bit. My Sim always shows up with a bottle of nectar for the host/ess, but unfortunately, the game doesn't prompt them to serve it. That's a shame. I'd love to see that. Or have them show off a gift our Sims bring. Maybe, someday... 8)
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, those parties are boring. Where's the drinking? The dancing? The waking up in a jail cell? The countless hours practicing how to say "невиновный" so you can enter your plea before a judge? The wondering why it's so cold outside when it was a lovely spring day last night? The having to explain to the American embassy that, yes, you really are not joking when you say you don't remember how you got there?

Anyway, one thing I would love to see is the time machine revamped to be useable for party entertainment. Wanna party like it's 1699? You can do that by traveling back to 1699!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Duplicate.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, those parties are boring. Where's the drinking? The dancing? The waking up in a jail cell? The countless hours practicing how to say "невиновный" so you can enter your plea before a judge? The wondering why it's so cold outside when it was a lovely spring day last night? The having to explain to the American embassy that, yes, you really are not joking when you say you don't remember how you got there?

Anyway, one thing I would love to see is the time machine revamped to be useable for party entertainment. Wanna party like it's 1699? You can do that by traveling back to 1699!

LOL...that's fantastic...LOVE the idea of the time machine party interation...woo hoo'd in the time machine at a party and came back with a child! what a great moodlet!! It would be funny if our Sims woke up on a strange lot once in awhile at a party and had all these weird moodlets we have no idea how they got there. No autonomous memories in the book either!!
  • Options
    LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited October 2012
    WORD.

Its bad enough when sims walk around the house doing their own thing and not socializing but its when the host(s) decide to sleep in their bedrooms with a house full of guests that annoys me. That's why I hardly go to parties...my sims are hermits lol

But even worse than going to a party like that? Well I'll tell ya...you have your sim plan a party, you get everything set up: music (check), buffet table (check), games/activites (check), lots of chairs for sitting (check).....and what happens? the guests come and a few of them leave saying that was the lamest party they've ever been to!!!

If there was ever a time I wanted to do a mass sim killing spree....it'd be those times lol you have no idea how much that irritates me to have my sims put so much hard work into preparing for the party then have guests leave and talk smack like that lol I'd say, "Yeah well your not safe tonight for you have angered the Great and Powerful Watchress!" (the watcher being us...its a ref to Sims Medieval since we are like the gods/goddesses the sims worship in the game lol)
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited October 2012

What gets me are the vampire hosts falling asleep at 9:00 pm!

Then, they don't serve food and all the guests go around complaining of being hungry.

You'd think they could program sims to throw better parties!
  • Options
    NyeYahNyeYah Posts: 138 Member
    edited October 2012
    I agree, boring parties and you need to make your own drama.....but the ones that annoy me are the invitations that require swim wear....you get there and no pool!!

LOL..omg my sim got invited to one like this yesterday. I'm like where...is..the..pool people?? So I just talked to some sims to build my charisma and left. Yes...yes I agree with the OP, terribly boring...the near empty club are more interesting than the sims house parties and that's sad.
  • Options
    xXPlagueXRatXxxXPlagueXRatXx Posts: 160 Member
    edited October 2012
    I once had one of my Sims cook and clean for Sims at a party who for some reason couldn't take care of themselves (some were literally on the verge of dying due to their hunger being so low) and ended up getting the boot merely because of it. Geeze, people! She was only trying to help out. She's not doing anything wrong or "inappropriate" or anything like that. :roll:
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited October 2012
    I wish more Sims would attend your parties. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but much like the clubs in Late Night, I think it would be so cool if more Sims were there.

Kind of like "Project X" haha

Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    What IS the point of wearing a swimsuit at a party with NO pool? At least give us fizzy nectar to shake and point or something!

Since Seasons is including "4" new party types, I'm hoping that EA did something to vamp up these party interactions. And if that gift giving party is just gifts in the middle of the room, stand up, grab a gift..and .......nothing...I'm going to be SO disappointed. I want my Sim to receive an ACTUAL GIFT, not a moodlet! 8)

Maybe my Sim will start bringing sticky bombs to her host's parties..that should shake things up a bit. Cops will be called...maybe. :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Here's a copy and paste re: parties from another thread I've been watching:

Today on this thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/579379.page

I read this:

There are four new party types included in the pack.

1) Gift-giving party
    2) Egg Hunt (This festivity is available to Sims of all ages. There are many surprises to be found in the eggs.)
    3) Pool party
    4) Costume party (unconfirmed)

which doesn't make sense because on SimsVIP website, it clearly states Feast Party, but I'll be happy to see Pool Party become a reality finally..now if only the host/ess actually HAS a pool and the guests actually SWIM!

Here's a link to SimsVIP where you scroll down and read under PARTIES, however, just 2 days ago, that site listed Gift Giving and Egg Hunt, now read Feast. Who knows!!

http://simsvip.com/2012/08/02/sims-3-seasons-fact-sheet-official-screens-8212/

EDIT: Just learned that it's actually gift-giving, pool, costume and feast, not egg hunting like was originally posted on that site.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited October 2012
    CimaraNyx1 wrote:

Today on this thread:

I read this:

1) Gift-giving party
    2) Egg Hunt (This festivity is available to Sims of all ages. There are many surprises to be found in the eggs.)
    3) Pool party

which doesn't make sense because on SimsVIP website, it clearly states Feast Party, but I'll be happy to see Pool Party become a reality finally..now if only the host/ess actually HAS a pool and the guests actually SWIM!

Pool Party is from Generations :?
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Today on this thread:

I read this:

1) Gift-giving party
    3) Pool party

Here's a link to SimsVIP where you scroll down and read under PARTIES, however, just 2 days ago, that site listed Gift Giving and Egg Hunt, now read Feast. Who knows!!

• Options
    edited October 2012
    CimaraNyx1 wrote:

Today on this thread:

I read this:

1) Gift-giving party
    3) Pool party

Pool parties are base game; they're a venue party at the public pool. However, is there a non-venue pool party? Because that might create a problem with there being two pool party options.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2012
    CimaraNyx1 wrote:
    I forgot to mention, now with SN, throw an invigorating elixir at the host as soon as your Sim walks through the door, and any interesting guests as well. That way, no one goes to bed early. Just an idea.

I haven't tried mixing anything into drinks yet, but when I get a chance, my Sim will start doing that too just to mix things up a bit. My Sim always shows up with a bottle of nectar for the host/ess, but unfortunately, the game doesn't prompt them to serve it. That's a shame. I'd love to see that. Or have them show off a gift our Sims bring. Maybe, someday... 8)

Oh forgot about the elixirs. I will try that the next time someone invites my sim to a party. While I'm at it, start throwing jar of potent dicords, zombifications, flask of angry bees, large and in charge, potent personality adjuster, bottled mummy curse and origin of the tragic clown elixirs for everyone, :twisted:

Total Chaos. :wink: There that should lively things up. :lol:
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited October 2012
    The only party that I threw was a bachelorette party and one of the guests kept walking into the house and dancing on the counter. It was funny the first time, but not by the fifth...teenth.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I once had one of my Sims cook and clean for Sims at a party who for some reason couldn't take care of themselves (some were literally on the verge of dying due to their hunger being so low) and ended up getting the boot merely because of it. Geeze, people! She was only trying to help out. She's not doing anything wrong or "inappropriate" or anything like that. :roll:

I know this discussion was sometime back, but you wrote "inappropriate" and it reminded me that I've only recently started using that LTR of "inappropriate, but in a good way" and that allows your Sim to cook and take showers, or even fix things at others Sim's houses without being kicked out for being inappropriate. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Up until recently, I honestly thought it just meant they would eat dirt and others would be like, "um, okay..I see u eat dirt but I still like you" and never used it. Now I use it all the time. :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Deshong04 wrote:

Oh forgot about the elixirs. I will try that the next time someone invites my sim to a party. While I'm at it, start throwing jar of potent dicords, zombifications, flask of angry bees, large and in charge, potent personality adjuster, bottled mummy curse and origin of the tragic clown elixirs for everyone, :twisted:

Total Chaos. :wink: There that should lively things up. :lol:

Chaotic party...now THAT would be fun EA...are you listening???? :lol: