Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how long will your year be?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    xJustBreathexJustBreathe Posts: 220 New Member
    edited October 2012
    15 days for each season! :P
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm going to set my seasons to be 6 days long, the same length as my moon cycle. Or maybe 7 days long for the season so that the full moon is offset and not always happening during the same part of the seasons... yeah, I think 7 days will work great for me 8)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited October 2012
    a list of everything:
    every season: 28 days
    1 year according to the seasons: 112 days
    I set the lunar cycle for 14 days. so 2 times full moon every season

now the lifestages:
    baby: 0,75 year = 84 days
    todler: 1,5 year = 168 days
    teen: 2,5 year = 280 days
    young adult: 3 year = 336 days
    adult 2,5 year = 280 days
    elder 2 year = 224 days

that makes a total of : 1372 days. for 1 sim life

I like long sim lifes
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited October 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I'm going to set my seasons to be 6 days long, the same length as my moon cycle. Or maybe 7 days long for the season so that the full moon is offset and not always happening during the same part of the seasons... yeah, I think 7 days will work great for me 8)

I plan to follow this too...it just makes more sense to me...and I am really hoping that zombies can freeze :twisted:
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    Cat0Eye wrote:
    enkeli63 wrote:

I plan to follow this too...it just makes more sense to me...and I am really hoping that zombies can freeze :twisted:

LOL, me too! I also want to see them get hit by lighting :P I wonder if the hail can be deadly in Sims 3 like it was in Sims 2? I want to see zombies die of more than just old age :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited October 2012
    well, i just thought i would change it to 7 weeks a year for all towna, the seasons depend on the town. :D
  • Options
    PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited October 2012
    Tricky question. It'd be boring to have the same type of moon phase for each season finale celebration, so not 10 days/season for all of them. But I'll probably like winter most, so longest duration there, but as someone said one'd want enough time to do everything so not less than 7 days/season. We'll see.
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."