Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghost Pet Question

Is it possible to get ghost pets? I would love a ghost dog and cat!

Comments

• Options
    ememzemmyememzemmy Posts: 215 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I don't think it is, when my sim went to someones house there was a stray cat dying in the kitchen and it didn't even turn into a ghost, the grim reaper just picked it up and disappeared in smoke.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,840 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have seen Ghost pets wandering around, but I don't know if you can raise them.
    screenshot_original.jpg

At first, it was a little creepy to see fire kitty floating around this lot.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow that red ghost kitty is awesome! I didn't know there WERE "thirst death" ghost animals. Vampire kitty!!! SCARY! LOL

Anyway I hope I can figure out a way!
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited October 2012
    Oh, the ghost kitty is so cute!!! Now I want one. :wink:
  • Options
    Rhedd_VRhedd_V Posts: 218 New Member
    edited October 2012
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Wow that red ghost kitty is awesome! I didn't know there WERE "thirst death" ghost animals. Vampire kitty!!! SCARY! LOL

There aren't "thirst death" animals. Animal ghosts come in two colors, depending on how happy they were in life. Red or blue. Which color they are is based on how many lifetime reward points they accumulated before they died. I think the cutoff is 15,000 points, but I'm not sure.

So, if you want a red ghost pet, make sure they die miserable! 0.0

I don't know if pet ghosts can be added to the family, or bound, like human ghosts, but otherwise they have a tombstone/urn and operate just like any dead person.
  • Options
    Richard0092Richard0092 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I once had ghost pets, but I never got the opportunity to bring them to the science lab in town. I think it will not be possible to make them playable. But to be honest, when alive I didn't play with them very much either... I always let the pets do what they want to do and I only 'control' them when I want them to woohoo or other things they won't do by themselves.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,840 Member
    edited October 2012
    Rhedd_V wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

There aren't "thirst death" animals. Animal ghosts come in two colors, depending on how happy they were in life. Red or blue. Which color they are is based on how many lifetime reward points they accumulated before they died. I think the cutoff is 15,000 points, but I'm not sure.

So, if you want a red ghost pet, make sure they die miserable! 0.0

I don't know if pet ghosts can be added to the family, or bound, like human ghosts, but otherwise they have a tombstone/urn and operate just like any dead person.

Thank you for clarifying this.
    The household I was playing had no pets, so when I saw this cat, all I could think was did SP allow this cat to be killed by fire? :shock: I was quite saddened when I saw it floating around.
    He/she is a "pretty" kitty and certainly an interesting sight to see.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited October 2012
    I've had stray dogs and cats die on my lot and eventually the ghost of the dogs starts floating around. One of the dogs would come into the house every night and sleep on the couch :) I don't really know if you can add them. Does the Philosopher's Stone work with pet ghosts? lol
  • Options
    ShiromisaShiromisa Posts: 193
    edited October 2012
    Oh man that's cool. Can you testingcheats enabled shiftclick them to add them to your family?
  • Options
    AbsenteyeAbsenteye Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    It's possible to have a controllable ghost pet! My dog died and I think I got the opportunity from the science lab, or maybe I just shift+clicked? Either way, I got a controllable red ghost dog. Sadly I lost that save and didn't get any pictures, but it's definitely doable! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Oh maaaaaan I would lovelovelove it if someone with a playable ghost pet would pop it onto the Exchange!
  • Options
    southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited October 2012
    Shiromisa wrote:
    Oh maaaaaan I would lovelovelove it if someone with a playable ghost pet would pop it onto the Exchange!

Okay! So I went back to my old game and tried to add the ghost stray dog to my family. Success! Apparently the Philosopher's Stone does add animals too :) So I added the ghost dog to the exchange and I downloaded and installed it, and created a new family in a different save as a test run and it worked fine for me! I changed his name and made him younger and he still came out the same. I'm not sure if it'll work with other people, so I would appreciate another test run :P

So here's my ghost dog http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6493148#

He didn't show up under the dogs grouping in CAS just under All, and he also looked like a normal dog except for blank eyes. And once you've finished the family he doesn't show up in the family photo, but he is there once you've moved your family in and start playing them. Let me know if anyone does decide to try it! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Shiromisa wrote:

Okay! So I went back to my old game and tried to add the ghost stray dog to my family. Success! Apparently the Philosopher's Stone does add animals too :) So I added the ghost dog to the exchange and I downloaded and installed it, and created a new family in a different save as a test run and it worked fine for me! I changed his name and made him younger and he still came out the same. I'm not sure if it'll work with other people, so I would appreciate another test run :P

So here's my ghost dog http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6493148#

He didn't show up under the dogs grouping in CAS just under All, and he also looked like a normal dog except for blank eyes. And once you've finished the family he doesn't show up in the family photo, but he is there once you've moved your family in and start playing them. Let me know if anyone does decide to try it! :)
    Aaaaaah, thank you! :D I'll add it to my game and try right away.
  • Options
    grobnic356grobnic356 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited October 2012
    to answer your question,Yes,yes you can have and raise ghost pets.
    If you have a perticular pet you'ld like as a ghost,you can add it to the extange and link it here I'll download it,ghost it and re-upload it for you If you want

P.S. next page has some memory photos of my ghost dog and ghost unicorn.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    original.jpg
    original.jpg

And here's my Ghost Dog and Ghost Unicorn:
    original.jpg
    well,was my ghost dog and ghost unicorn... Ive moved on to a new game map.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Oh my goooooooosh those two *_* I love them.
  • Options
    PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited October 2012
    It works perfectly alright with ghost pets! I've had several... :D You can turn their tombstones in just like any sim's at the research facility, but easiest if you have a little "swimming in the pool event" first to trigger the opportunity for the sim who's gonna' turn them in.

Strays usually go blue, but this very happy cat I had went red, so I'm just way confused about the colors:

Screenshot-334_zps2ff259a5.jpg

Since it's pretty limited ways we can kill the pets I had them die of age but then it works perfect to just use a "young again" potion for pets on them and they keep their appearance but are "adults" instead of old.

Screenshot-272_zps7fd5c93a.jpg

I badly wanted a ghost unicorn but only had regular ones, so I hade a horse die and then played around in the hay... 8) And all ghost offspring were blue:ish, and then finally Blunder came looking awesome... :D Note though that the ghost color is not carrying through like with sims. I could only get the blue one, no matter how I tried with a red ghost "parent", or the fancy meteor ghost horse I found on the exchange. I'm very "in the dark" when it comes to ways of killing pets in various ways, so please enlighten me! :twisted:

Screenshot-356_zpsc692edc6.jpg

In CAS they look like any other pet, but their accessories, eyes and tounge and such are ectoplasmic, and you can edit the fluff and whatever.

fluff_zpsd3b7687e.jpg

Though, since they're ghosts, they can move up/down/through stuff just like regular ghosts, so fences are not enough to keep the ghost horses/unicorns from taking a bite unless you plan the garden to be tight so they "won't have room for eating".

Screenshot-1675_zps99706bc7.jpg

But in conclusion: Ghost pets rule....! \(^O^)/
    Screenshot-60_zpsb9a0b091.jpg

....and in case someone would want any of these they're in various uploads in my studio. For example:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5112545 = adult blue ghost unicorn with skills, LTR points etc, the red cat and red ghost dog
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4830419 = the blue ghost unicorn foal
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4848603 = blue ghost unicorn foal, a blue and red ghost cat and a red ghost dog
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5974424 = adult blue ghost unicorn with skills and loooots of LTR points.
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    grobnic356 wrote:
    to answer your question,Yes,yes you can have and raise ghost pets.
    If you have a perticular pet you'ld like as a ghost,you can add it to the extange and link it here I'll download it,ghost it and re-upload it for you If you want

P.S. next page has some memory photos of my ghost dog and ghost unicorn.

That is SOOOO COOL! Thank you so much!It may take me a couple days to get my ghost dog and ghost cat wannabes to you as I have papers to write over the next 2 days but definitely by mid week I'll get them to you! So nice of you to do this!

Question... will I be able to add them to an existing family I am playing?
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm sure if you had a couple of pets that died, you can use the philosopher's stone to bring them back to playable pets, as ghosts. Then from there, I'm sure you could breed them and they'd make ghost babies!

Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    LITERAL SQUEAL at the ghost unicorns, thank you!! :D
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    My sims had a ghost cat. It was even a stray cat. I was so sad to see a pet die, but the Reaper had a nice interaction with the kitty, and then the family had a ghost kitty, which was pretty cool!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:
    My sims had a ghost cat. It was even a stray cat. I was so sad to see a pet die, but the Reaper had a nice interaction with the kitty, and then the family had a ghost kitty, which was pretty cool!

Yeah I'm such a sap that I know I couldn't bear to "kill" a pet, even a stray, just to get a ghost pet! LOL But I realllllly reallllly reallllly want a ghost dog and cat! LOL
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited October 2012
    Screenshot-60_zpsb9a0b091.jpg

WIN. This picture is full of it.

WOW! I just adore that! I may have to get a unicorn adopted into my home just so that it can die of happy old age and I can have a ghost unicorn in my household!

That just looks so amazing! :D
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    edited October 2012
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Is it possible to get ghost pets? I would love a ghost dog and cat!

I have a ghost kitty in my Sim's family right now. The cat died of old age and I got the opportunity to revive her at the science center so I did that and now have a little red cat as a permanent family member. The glowing white eyes look awesome considering she's my witch's pet.

The crazy thing is, she had a "mate" while alive, who also lives in the household, and although she died an elder, they can "try for kittens" again now that she's a ghost. She had one litter after coming back a ghost, but the two kittens were normal. I SO wanted ghost kittens!

I'm going to see when the mate dies if I can bring him back with the Philosopher's Stone. It has a "bind ghost" command and I played with it last night to bring Bonehilda back from the dead, so it might work for a pet if the tombstone is on my property. We'll see.

C.
  • Options
    edited October 2012