Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Seasons be the last extension pack? Sims 4 anyone?

Comments

• Options
    timiyatimiya Posts: 10
    edited August 2012
    i think sims 3 had a good run but i thinks its time for a change.But if they do a sims 4 they shouldnt put it online because obviously people like it better plying off the cd they should also already have seasons and some other things like when its summer their out of school and winter break and like have real ages and daycares kindergarten and have parents actually get divorced and the child can choose to like stay with the mom and visit the dad or visit the mom and be able to see inside of jobs and just no more rabbit Holes!I mean whats the point of having places if you cant see inside of them and actuall have hospitals to go to and be able to get sick or the doctors tell you your pregnant and see inside the schools and classes and have popular kids and have backpacks real homework i have more to write but ill put it on another one
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    edited August 2012
    krista8626 wrote:
    EA can come out with Sims 4 all they want but I am not buying it for a VERY long time.

Ok this how I feel...Sims 4 is exciting to think about...however I haven't been this excited about expansions coming out since Sims 3 was released in 2009...It took this long guys for a supernatural and seasons to finally be revealed and that's what I'm focused on right now..I really don't like that they come out with these types of expansions towards the end of a series..we always get the best expansions last minute..I would much rather play this at least in the middle so I have time to really enjoy and not have to think about Sims 4 for a while..I would hope that they incorporate Sims 3 Seasons, and Supernatural into the base game of Sims 4 so I don't have to wait 3 years to be excited again..If they want to end with a bang then fine..but bring something new to the table we haven't seen before.
  • Options
    Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    edited August 2012
    Like i posted in another thread. I'm not ready for The Sims 3 to retire just yet... i believe it deserves two more expansions plus stuff packs until 2014

Plus im still waiting on my Ninjas
  • Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sims 4 is *obviously* already in development. I think we'll see it by the end of 2013/start of 2014.

As for Sims 3 , it seems a shame if they end it with seasons. They seem to be getting everything right finally with the last few EPs and I'd like to see them crank out at least one more EP to round it out.

Either way I will probably play Sims 3 into the Sims 4 life cycle...something I never did with Sims 2.

Also I was like THANK GOD when I saw the official announcement. Any EP that rounds out the content we already have and adds some important things(weather) is great in my book.
  • Options
    whitneyrwilson11whitneyrwilson11 Posts: 27
    edited August 2012
    I think they desperately need to add University. For many people, such as myself, it's a stage of life. I'd love to have my sim self go through college like I am now. That was my favorite expansion in sims 2.
  • Options
    AnatKnightAnatKnight Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    I saw the info on the possible expansions survey. I am so hoping that we get a Uni. And the tropical island with the mermaids sounds awesome, but would probably be better as a separate game like the SimStories from Sims2. But if they build it, I will come! And the farming EP is SIMply a brilliant idea. And the first really original one for the Sims3.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm not ready for sims 4, personally the majority of seasonal lovers have been waiting for weather in their game, and it's taken 3 yrs to finally create what we want, I'm not able to throw this all away for sims 4, cos if it took 3yrs to programme weather into the game, then to me it'll be a waste if I threw it all away for sims 4, no-way, I''m not gonna do that, so I'm gonna play Sims 3 for another 3-4 yrs yet before I buy and play sims 4 and plus I need to buy a super computer to play Sims 4, I won't have the money until 3-4 yrs away and plus I haven't done alot in Sims 3 still, I've got alot of catching up to do, I've wasted 2yrs of my life in hospital, until then....and wait patiently for more info, lurk amongst the forums in Sims 4 when it happens it happens. I don't even know if I'll have my name still for Sims 4, I may change it, who knows what I'll do when sims 4 comes!!
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2012
    People are just now realizing that games have been coming out close together!
    But everyone keeps forgetting that Katy Perry Sweet Treats and DIESEL Stuff came out almost literally within a oath of each other!
  • Options
    allyoopsallyoops Posts: 99 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm a huge Sim fan, but I'm not really looking forward to Sims 4. I'm sure I'll change my mind eventually, but I won't be buying it as soon as it comes out, since the deals are better afterward (or have been for Sims 3) and tbh, I've spent so much money on store content that I won't be happy until I feel I've done everything Sims 3 can do. Now that we're getting weather, the only thing my sims really need is more stuff for kids and toddlers to do, and apparently, that'll come with seasons, so I'm perfectly content to wait it out.
  • Options
    breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I am happy with Seasons and Supernatural,but if they do come out with anymore new expansion packs yes I will buy.The sims 4, I don't know if I'm going rush out to buy it. :wink:
  • Options
    cajo5cajo5 Posts: 1,359
    edited August 2012
    If this is the end of The Sims 3, I don't want The Sims 4 to come out for about two years. That way I can have so much fun with this for a long while.
  • Options
    LilrezLilrez Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I agree with everyone else, that I wouldn't want to rush for TS4, but also that's what everyone said about TS3 so for that everyone's gonna have to sit back because it's going to be atleast a year give or take a few. I began thinking that maybe no rabbit holes would be their new selling point in the same way that the open town concept was. We've been desperately anticipating Seasons and I'm going to spend every chance I get on it as well. As far as Uni goes, I think it'd be fantastic and I'm surprised nobody else mentioned that way back when it had been said that there was a chance of not having it because the classes around town was suppose to make up for it. But that was way back when and they're listening to us now. I really enjoy the buisness idea and island idea also. They have alot they could build on with TS3 but if they don't it could give them more to do with 4. Now that we know they pay attention we just need to be very talkative about what we want because we're the ones buying. Anyways, just my opinons. :)
  • Options
    Adventure4U1Adventure4U1 Posts: 239 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sims 3 is going to have more expansion. The days are extremly close because thier's not much time until Sims 4

If they come out with progressive aging and transportation systems, I'll be giving up Sims 3 fast as you can say "age up!"

Can't you make some sort of Universty, EA.
    Wait a sec- maybe thier not doing Universty- Maybe thier durning a community Ep where something new is gonna happen. Exciting, huh?"
    Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
  • Options
    Gothlove24Gothlove24 Posts: 244 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I think for every new basegame there i one more ep added so i think the sims 3 will have 9
  • Options
    wolfhunter360wolfhunter360 Posts: 150
    edited August 2012
    I'm excited for sims4 but i'm not going to be getting it anytime soon because one, I never played any of the sims 1 or 2 games so I never had the thrill of playing alot of neat things on the sims. two,I want to see how it goes, see what type of eps come out and what other people say about it. and three, I would want to wait a while for patches and what not in case there were any bugs or bad glitches when the game comes out, I don't to play a game that has a lot of problems.
  • Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited August 2012
    if sims 4 does come then ill probably buy it but my heart will sims 3 as i have grown to it :)
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited August 2012
    Lilrez wrote:
    I agree with everyone else, that I wouldn't want to rush for TS4, but also that's what everyone said about TS3 so for that everyone's gonna have to sit back because it's going to be atleast a year give or take a few. I began thinking that maybe no rabbit holes would be their new selling point in the same way that the open town concept was. We've been desperately anticipating Seasons and I'm going to spend every chance I get on it as well. As far as Uni goes, I think it'd be fantastic and I'm surprised nobody else mentioned that way back when it had been said that there was a chance of not having it because the classes around town was suppose to make up for it. But that was way back when and they're listening to us now. I really enjoy the buisness idea and island idea also. They have alot they could build on with TS3 but if they don't it could give them more to do with 4. Now that we know they pay attention we just need to be very talkative about what we want because we're the ones buying. Anyways, just my opinons. :)

i actually hope that rabitholes will stay to some degree. Don't get me wrong, i HATE having sims dissapear into diners whenever they go out to eat or completely dissapearing in stores. but i honestly hope that rabbithole workplaces stay because lets be honest not that much to see inside of it.

what i would want to see is some kind of visable change in the rabithole based on what our sims are doing. like the shuttle taking off if our astronaut is going into space. or a warning alarm going off inside the science lab if something got lose. im fine with not looking in as long as the work rabitholes still feel allive and it actually looks like our sims are causing something to happen.

as far as sims 4 is concerned i would expect it to be a year or 2 after the last sims 3 expansion gets released and i hope so as well so we can get maybe at least one EP theme in the base game, and going with what i said before some basic OFB elements would be nice so we can see inside stores in resturaunts
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2012
    May I just add something? I didn't read the whole thread; however I think it's safe to assume theres 10EP's slated for Sims 3 based upon rumors I've read (that seem to span years now) and the fact that by EP7 we had heard about Sims 3 being in development. For those who didn't Sim with the Sim 2, "Freetime" had "Ron Hubble" (the goof I blame for the shaky start to Sims 3 in general) bring us computers that had the Sims 3 loaded on it. The Sims 3 had been in "promotion" for the last year of Sims 2 lifespan. I would imagine we won't hear a single blurb about Sims 4 untill AFTER "Sim City" is relaunched. With a slated 2 more EP's on the shelf I could see Sims 4 being announced next year. Probablly at E3 with a potential release in 2014.

Sims 4 needs to come correct however. The biggest thing missing in Sims 2 was an open world and full control over customizing everything. We got that.

Sims 4 needs a graphics overhaul, deeper gameplay, more real life sims and interactions with their environments, and some of the EP themes offered in the base game so that it can actually promote people to move on.

Sims 3 had that advantage because of the open world, the gorgeous visuals of said open world, the interactions that came with it and the possibilities. Sims4 is going to have to "come correct" to get people to move foward, especially when many have hundreds invested in the Sims 3 store stuff.

I'd like to see "Seasons" and "LateNight/NightLife" and "Apartment Life" all added into the base game. I would be okay if the latter two were a combined first EP. However, Seasons should be part of the base game. I'd say pets too but I know theres many who wouldn't want that. They are basically "Sims" now since Sims 3 Pets, so I would imagine that would be a nice start too.

They have to come correct with Sims 4 or it will die off like SimCity4 did. Graphics were better, but gameplay was better with SimCity3000
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm excited for sims4 but i'm not going to be getting it anytime soon because one, I never played any of the sims 1 or 2 games so I never had the thrill of playing alot of neat things on the sims. two,I want to see how it goes, see what type of eps come out and what other people say about it. and three, I would want to wait a while for patches and what not in case there were any bugs or bad glitches when the game comes out, I don't to play a game that has a lot of problems.

I *LOVE* that screenshot in your siggy, LMAO!

It makes me want to get SN so badly! (I do plan to, but I plan on getting it the week of Halloween. I'm a big 28 year old bodybuilder, I can't be celebrating halloween like I used to but still love it. Playing spooky stuff that week and halloween will be a real treat. The trick is that "Spooky Day" comes 2 weeks later, literally! LMAO!
  • Options
    ChabbymeChabbyme Posts: 82
    edited October 2012
    sadly sims 4 is coming out i realy like sims 3 i wish no more sims come out but continue making sims 3 expansions

EDIT: sims 4 is coming out in 2014
  • Options
    xJustBreathexJustBreathe Posts: 220 New Member
    edited October 2012
    @OP, I don't think so. Sims 1 had 7 EPs, Sims 2 had 8 and Sims 3 maybe will have 9, the way I see it. If not though, I still don't see this as being the last EP. I want Uni! And I'm not excited for Sims 4, seeing as I don't want to start all over with 0 EP's and patches and such. In fact, Sims 3 may be the end for me. I mean, how many different versions of Sims will they make? What's Sims 4 going to feature? Sims 1 was a house in the middle of nowhere, Sims 2 was a neighborhood and Sims 3 is a town. Unless Sims 4 is going to allow people to travel from world to world, I can't see what else they'll add to it that the previous versions of Sims already has (if that makes sense).
  • Options
    4u4ever4u4ever Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2012
    I really hope that The Sims 4 won't come out any time soon, and the main reason for that is, because I want the gameplay to be enjoyable and bug-free.

If TS4 came out next year, the graphics wouldn't be much better that in TS3. But the main issue would be that TS4 is probably going to be even more demanding on your computer than TS3, which already is pretty much unplayable on older machines. This means that the majority of people wouldn't be able to play it because no-one is going to buy some expensive computer made for gamers just to play Sims. If you're right and TS4 comes out in 2014, I hope that technology will have improved enough by then so that it is playable on average computers too. The reason why I'm saying that is because my pc, which was 2 years old at the time, died after I installed the base game on it. It handled all TS2 EPs and SPs nicely though.
    I also hope that the developers will take the time to check the game for any bugs and glitches before they release it, so that the situation would be better than it is with TS3 at the moment (I bet every single sims player has experienced some errors while playing TS3, I know I have had at least 5 different bugs. And I never had those with TS2.)

About TS3 expansion packs, I don't really care. As long as I get Seasons, I'm fine :)
  • Options
    jbrechaejbrechae Posts: 142 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Conclue wrote:
    May I just add something? I didn't read the whole thread; however I think it's safe to assume theres 10EP's slated for Sims 3 based upon rumors I've read (that seem to span years now) and the fact that by EP7 we had heard about Sims 3 being in development. For those who didn't Sim with the Sim 2, "Freetime" had "Ron Hubble" (the goof I blame for the shaky start to Sims 3 in general) bring us computers that had the Sims 3 loaded on it. The Sims 3 had been in "promotion" for the last year of Sims 2 lifespan. I would imagine we won't hear a single blurb about Sims 4 untill AFTER "Sim City" is relaunched. With a slated 2 more EP's on the shelf I could see Sims 4 being announced next year. Probablly at E3 with a potential release in 2014.

Sims 4 needs to come correct however. The biggest thing missing in Sims 2 was an open world and full control over customizing everything. We got that.

Sims 4 needs a graphics overhaul, deeper gameplay, more real life sims and interactions with their environments, and some of the EP themes offered in the base game so that it can actually promote people to move on.

Sims 3 had that advantage because of the open world, the gorgeous visuals of said open world, the interactions that came with it and the possibilities. Sims4 is going to have to "come correct" to get people to move foward, especially when many have hundreds invested in the Sims 3 store stuff.

I'd like to see "Seasons" and "LateNight/NightLife" and "Apartment Life" all added into the base game. I would be okay if the latter two were a combined first EP. However, Seasons should be part of the base game. I'd say pets too but I know theres many who wouldn't want that. They are basically "Sims" now since Sims 3 Pets, so I would imagine that would be a nice start too.

They have to come correct with Sims 4 or it will die off like SimCity4 did. Graphics were better, but gameplay was better with SimCity3000

I totally agree with "coming correct". I dunno if I will invest in TS4 until I hear and see the reviews. For me, TS2 is way less buggy and had a much better connection and depth in gameplay than TS3. I must say that I have spent alot of money on the TS3 series and although I enjoy my game very much I am not completely satisfied with my product. Being nickeled and dimed at times and bugs that haven't been fixed is absurd to me. For EA to move on to TS4 without fixing whats already here and wrong with TS3 actually upsets me a little. Being that I paid for a game that would run and run properly; To be left with a game that was never fixed and the company moving on to something is unfair.
  • Options
    ned012p3ned012p3 Posts: 6
    edited October 2012
    Actually I think The Sims 4 could be excellent...but here is the selling point...

An open world where your Sims can go on vacation, travel to foreign lands, have pets, experience life changes, reach their professional and personal goals, go out on the town, become superstars, enjoy the changing seasons, go to university, run businesses, rent apartments, etc. ALL IN ONE GAME...UNO.

Create a feature that allows one to connect worlds.

And create all of this as such to make it run beautifully on any operating system.

Expansion packs could include NEW ideas + the awesome supernatural EP they already have with expanded supes + hybrids.

Expand the entire game to make it a total life simulation.

Upload a photo in create a Sim.

Just a few ideas. If they don't make a game that allows me to do at least everything (besides supernatural in the base game) EP's do currently...I'll pass.