Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff we miss from the earlier games and stuff we would like later on.

Comments

• Options
    GothicansGothicans Posts: 129
    edited October 2012
    Ah man, so much. You all said a lot already. For me, I played all The Sims 1 stuff as a kid, but only the base game for Sims 2. The charm in Sims 3 is definitely lacking, unless it's just nostalgia hyping up the previous ones. But here's my list:

1. Sims: Livin' Large
    - The genie lamp
    - Servo the robot that cooked and cleaned
    - Voodoo doll (it was hilarious to me)

2. Sims: House Party
    - Disco floor
    - The Sims 1 radio stations & music
    - Dance cages
    - 1950's style bar stools and other kitchen stuff
    - Rave-themed tables, bubble chairs
    - Teleporter staircase that you could change the color of
    - The fireworks you could cheat to putting inside the house to instantly start a fire and watch your Sims switch from laughing & clapping to completely losing their minds

3. Sims: Hot Date
    - The love hot tub & bed
    - Open restaurants & downtown in general (was simple and fluid)
    - Ice cream vendors, shops, clothing racks

4. Sims: Vacation
    - Ability to leave town for a number of days and return the same time as when you left
    - The beach, camping, and winter themes
    - Trophies for winning carnival games
    - NPCs like Santa around Christmas time

Overall Sims 1:
    - More carpet & wall choices without having to hassle with designing your own
    - The load time between areas (I liked managing one house at a time)
    - The music
    - The objects that never came back
    - Being able to grill hamburgers without having to reach nearly the maximum cooking skill level

Sims 2:
    - The Grim Reaper outfit that was unlocked with the hidden outfits cheat
    - University seemed like a cool idea, though I never played it
    - The social interactions
    - The platinum mood & moodlets, and lifetime rewards, were somewhat more appealing than Sims 3

Ahhh, Sims 1 :D I only really remember playin Makin' Magic and Superstar the most. I do miss it a lot though. I, for some odd reason, always missed the dancing Hula girl lamp :(
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Sooooooo many things...

Big things:

OFB and real business ownership
    Custom Groups where you could give the group a name and save it.
    Vacations (not adventures)
    Uni

Objects:

*fixable car (should come with a mechanic profession, cars should have different multiple upgrade options like 'turbo boost', different paint effects, sound system and decals. Mechanics should have to search the junkyard for parts.)

*Canning station (from sims 1... make preserves, should work like the nectar machine)

*butter churn

*flower arranging station

*carpenter/toy making station

*service bots (from the old sims 2 inventing station, should be in an update)

*political podium

*excerto punching bag

*surgical training dummy

*obstacle course

*the chemical machine that allowed sims to make medicine

*tripod camera (would like antique camera)

*cosmetic surgery station

*ballet barre with a dance career/real skill

Others:

*bigfoot
    *plant sims

Careers:

slacker
    xtreme sports
    animal care
    circus
    natural science (I would like the science career to branch out at level 5 into biology/physics/chemistry)
    adventurer/archeology
    dance
    oceanography

*NPC massage therapist/gardener

Honestly... what don't I want? :lol:

I think that Sims 3 lacks in careers hell of a lot. The only big update was Ambitions but after that we've had like 3. I really miss the careers such as Natural Science and Slacker and stuff :D I also miss making a car too :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I miss being able to bathe toddlers/babies in the sink/bath. The changing table. All the interactions that everyone has listed. The small things I think I miss most. The kids being able to jump on the bed and sofas, the animations for the makeout on the sofa etc. Gosh, i miss so much, but I am still in love with the sims 3, just adding a few things would make it even more memorable.

Totally agree! The kids are lame in Sims 3. Pretty much all they can do is joyride and go on a submarine adventure.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,537 Member
    edited October 2012
    Well I still say they should bring Log Rolling and Ax Throwing back.
  • Options
    MishaMisha Posts: 73 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Oh, and also. I really miss the sim cooking and then setting the table. I hate that they don't all sit down and eat dinner at once anymore lol
  • Options
    MegancharltonMegancharlton Posts: 3,731 New Member
    edited October 2012
    ShaneyBoy wrote:
    I really miss our open restaurants, as well as all the social interactions that haven't been brought back. 90% of Sims 3's Sim-on-Sim socials are talk about this, enthuse about this, ask about this, blah blah blah. I want our high fives, jump ropes, cops and robbers, joy buzzers, family kisses, shoves, drink throws and gooses that we had in Sims 2. I also want our toy stores, bowling alleys and hobbies back.

I agree, I hate the "talking" interactions, they just bore me, but in Sims 3 they're just isn't a great variety so I gotta use them quite a bit.

Also loved the open restaurants, I agree they need to come back. Would also love for some Open for Business elements to return. Would love to own and run my own restaurant.

Yeah, I was seriously dissappointed about the bowling alley thing. When I got the first Sims 3 game I spent at least an hour looking for a bowling alley. In sims 2 I made ridiculously large houses with bowling alleys and extravegant pools. (BUT I was seven and it was at my aunties house and they were too busy listening to songs and drinking wine in the kitchen to notice. My kids ended up being sent to social services, the mother dying because she drowned in the pool and the husband ends up getting killed by me because I get bored) When I got older I converted the bottom of my houses, which were way better then a simple box-shape, into a furniture shop. I loved the flower arranging too. But I LOVED the penguins! I couldn't get enough of them! And I think there was esculators, but I could be getting them mixed up with lifts.
  • Options
    WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited October 2012
    I really miss the pool slide, the gardener NPC, the children playing interactions, and would like to see all of these as well as a pottery wheel with romantic interactions! :wink: .
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    edited October 2012
    chantera89 wrote:
    I absolutely love these ideas!! The sims3 to me is lacking lots and lots of charm! I never got to play open for business for ts2 so I'm hoping we get that for ts3! I'm Hearing UNI is next so I'm not gonna get my hopes up. But I wish EA would bring back the little things. REAL babies with arms and legs. More interactions for babies to toddler and to children and vice versa. I miss cops and robbers i miss babies playing in the toilets lol also i wish that we could travel from town to town via car or train lol or loading screen if it means it'll get done.

I'm with you! I miss the giving babies baths and the toddlers should be able to interact with each other, also. Traviling from town to town was my favorite. My sim lived downtown but owned a resturant across the street from her brother in Strangetown. Loved it.
  • Options
    Mikki101Mikki101 Posts: 302 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I agree with all of these ideas. I loved how Freetime brought all these new skills and interests together and made family life even more awesome than it was before xD
  • Options
    MikChikMikChik Posts: 50 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I really miss the pool slide as well, and all the social interactions and things to do. It made the game heaps more fun. :-) Is it just me, but I really feel like downloading Sims 2 onto my computer again and playing that instead... At least until Seasons arrives. :P
  • Options
    jbrechaejbrechae Posts: 142 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Misha wrote:
    Oh, and also. I really miss the sim cooking and then setting the table. I hate that they don't all sit down and eat dinner at once anymore lol

Ahh yes! yes! yes!! If I could just have my sims eat together that'd be great! As hard as I try they all start and end at different times. I need that "serve the table" option!
  • Options
    likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    edited October 2012
    Would love to see some Uni come back (possibly even boarding school for teens :) ) and the change tables and the open for business interactions. I loved making my own shop and selling things.
    I've tried to go back to TS2 but it feels weird just having one lot to look at and can't see the whole town lol
    I also miss the plant people and would love to send my pets to work again.
    And picking what the sims attractions too, like the OP said. I miss that :(
  • Options
    MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited October 2012
    I really miss our open restaurants, as well as all the social interactions that haven't been brought back. 90% of Sims 3's Sim-on-Sim socials are talk about this, enthuse about this, ask about this, blah blah blah. I want our high fives, jump ropes, cops and robbers, joy buzzers, family kisses, shoves, drink throws and gooses that we had in Sims 2. I also want our toy stores, bowling alleys and hobbies back.
    jbrechae wrote:
    Yes! get those babies outta those blankets!! ..... :cry:
    1. The play menu when you click on other sims. I loved seeing sims playing red hands, water balloon fights, cops and robbers (kids) ect. It allowed Sims to do more than talk to each other.

/\ All the above. And I also miss what some other simmers pointed out: sims getting into cars not just appearing in them , babies looking like babies not worms, sim kids cuddling others on the sofa, teen and adult sims being able to take kids to school and being able to have gardners. Now what I personally miss is:
    Being able to buy clothes in the shop, the way group outings and dates worked and the sims 1 music. I also agree about what other said about the sims 3 lacking in charm it just isn't as fun as the previous two Sim games. Plus there definitely should be more careers in the game by now, I intend on downloading a load of custom careers from MTS in time for Seasons.

Btw why is everyone saying uni/ decades is next after seasons?
  • Options
    xJenniferLynnxxJenniferLynnx Posts: 111 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I miss being able to play multiple families at once. I am not to found of playing one at a time. It was nice to create a story that way too!
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Toddler skills - the bunny head that skilled charisma, and the nursery rhymes & Sea Shanties - how adorable was it to hear that little simmie singing?
  • Options
    Becka_1990Becka_1990 Posts: 202 Member
    edited October 2012
    :O I had completely forgotten about bowling alleys! I miss them sooo much now i've remembered haha!

I would go as far to say if I could only have 1 thing back from the old games it would be the open restaurants. I miss them the most by far along with all the interactions they brought, the date scene, the marriage proposal the slow dances (i know they're coming back)

I really miss pool and basketball too...
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    MikChik wrote:
    I really miss the pool slide as well, and all the social interactions and things to do. It made the game heaps more fun. :-) Is it just me, but I really feel like downloading Sims 2 onto my computer again and playing that instead... At least until Seasons arrives. :P

I've still got em on my laptop thank god :D Sims 3 takes up way too much for laptops :p
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    jbrechae wrote:
    Yes! get those babies outta those blankets!! ..... :cry:
    1. The play menu when you click on other sims. I loved seeing sims playing red hands, water balloon fights, cops and robbers (kids) ect. It allowed Sims to do more than talk to each other.

/\ All the above. And I also miss what some other simmers pointed out: sims getting into cars not just appearing in them , babies looking like babies not worms, sim kids cuddling others on the sofa, teen and adult sims being able to take kids to school and being able to have gardners. Now what I personally miss is:
    Being able to buy clothes in the shop, the way group outings and dates worked and the sims 1 music. I also agree about what other said about the sims 3 lacking in charm it just isn't as fun as the previous two Sim games. Plus there definitely should be more careers in the game by now, I intend on downloading a load of custom careers from MTS in time for Seasons.

Btw why is everyone saying uni/ decades is next after seasons?

There's been leaked info according to Sims Wiki. Seems to be true if you ask me. The same happened to Seasons. Decades is planned for Janurary. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_game_rumors
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited October 2012
    I love seeing EA bring new ideas into the game

What dissapoints me the most is when they port so much over from Sims2 and then either keep the interactions exactly the same or often dumb them down with less interactions

like the toddlers drawing table with the building blocks and then they removed the ability for them to even draw

If they port the objects over they should at least make the effort to add extra activities or animations to it

one thing i would like to see return is for your children to be able to read skill books from the bookcase . children can learn skills at that age so why not our simmies
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited October 2012
    Toddler skills - the bunny head that skilled charisma, and the nursery rhymes & Sea Shanties - how adorable was it to hear that little simmie singing?

Argghhhhh the sea shanties a good idea lousily thought out where within days of returning from vacation your whole town was singing it non stop . Thank goodness that got modded quickly

used to love hearing my sim children teach a toddler to sing the nursery rhyme
  • Options
    kashtone425kashtone425 Posts: 123 Member
    edited October 2012
    Gosh y'all are amikng me wanna install my Sims 2 & play them again!!! There is so much I miss. I really thought that when Sims 3 came out all of the things that were included with Sims 2 expansions would be in the base game of Sims 3.
    I miss the custom groups, bowling alleys, NPC gardners, eating together, and oh how I forgot in Sims 1 they would set the table! I also miss the changing table & being able to bathe your toddlers & babies, and the pool slide and Marco polo!! Just all the interactions we had before I wish we had now.
    I'd like to see more of the items & skills from free time back, like sewing, pottery, building a car, flower stations, etc. Then also the ability to own & operate a business. I know most of this has already been said but I just wanted to back it up!! :D
    I'd like to see more toddler & baby interactions as well. I know we have a basketball goal (although I don't think its available for separate purchase) but I think it should be included in an expansion. Also I'd like to have the ability to build different stairs like curved & ones that have landings in the middle instead using the stage. And beach & mtn vacations!!!!
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    edited October 2012
    I could write a whole book on this theme, but I will throw out a few. Some of them are repeats, maybe some haven't been mentioned yet, but these are the ones I miss the most.
    Children/toddlers being able to hug their toddler brother or sister.
    The Toddler being able to beg for attention, ask for food, etc.
    Bathing babies in sinks, toddlers in tubs.
    All of the games the kids used to play together - cops and robbers, Mary Mack, etc.
    Jump Rope for fun and fitness.
    Kids being able to play instruments.
    Jiggling the baby, if your Sim wasn't careful about his or her timing, made him/her spit up on family members.
    Pottery Wheel
    Sewing Machine
    Restore-able car
    Ballet Bar
    Family games - Charades in Sims 1, Don't Wake the Llama, that bingo-like game and Mahjong in Sims 2
    Poker table
    Romantic dates in working restaurants, especially the table interactions.
    Family kiss
    The CURVED, not spiral, staircases from Sims 1
    The punching bag (and the other career rewards,for that matter!)
    Being able to cook Baked Alaska for dessert and omelets for breakfast - we need more recipes, especially for breakfast and dessert!
    The canning station, spinning wheel and butter churn from Sims 1 (wouldn't they make great additions to a farming EP, hint hint?)
    The computer, daredevil, architect, circus, law, dance, and fashion careers from Sims 1 and 2.
    The toymaking bench, the florist bench, and the robot bench (sorry, the inventing bench is nice, but just not the same)
    All Open for Business functionality
    Bigfoot and plantsims
    Magic Town from Sims 1
    Romantic turn-ons and turn-offs
    A memory system that didn't think it was such a big deal when you unclogged the toilet ...
    Lemon and orange trees. Strawberries and cucumbers and eggplants.
    The costume trunk that let adults throw costume parties in Sims 1
    The Social Bunny
    The chance cards that really could mess up, improve or reward your Sims's careers.
    Fears that could really damage your sims' moods if realized.
    Being able to do yoga and tai chi
    A working tea set (Not everyone drinks coffee!)
    The togas for both sexes from Sims 1
    The large, square tubs from Sims 1
    Above ground hot tubs
    The handheld game systems and MP3 players from Sims 2
    The microphone that you could practice singing and stand up comedy on.

Wait, didn't I promise not to write a book here? Sorry, my bad.
    Sims 3 has a lot of great stuff now that we're several EP and SPs in, and I'm sure some more great stuff is on the horizon in Seasons, University (if that is indeed the next EP), and so on. But really, most if not all of the above would be very, very welcome. The game continues to fall down hard on the little things, like interpersonal actions and reactions, things for toddlers (especially!) and children to do and wear, elder clothing, dating and romance, and hobbies for Sims to enjoy. The game also continues to make it insanely easy for your Sim to succeed. Chance cards and misfortune could really mess up your Sim's day and added an extra challenge to game play. Not so much here.
    I continue to hope for the best for this game.

• Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    edited October 2012
    I miss being able to play multiple families at once. I am not to found of playing one at a time. It was nice to create a story that way too!

Oh yes, this! My Sims 2 neighborhood was an actual neighborhood that could I switch from household to household and progress each family as I wished. Sims 3's open neighborhood does not encourage this kind of playstyle - although it is "possible" it just doesn't feel the same, especially when you know that if you turn on aging long enough to let one Sims grow up, your other families' sims are going to grow whether you want them to or not.
    And also to the simmer who said toddler and children learning skills, YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES, YES!!! It's positively ridiculous that children are barred from learning most skills, especially instruments, martial arts and horse riding.
  • Options
    MadziZombiMadziZombi Posts: 49 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I miss the Likes and dislikes what the sim in general is looking for. i think it'd be pretty cool to bring that back. And all the open shops and restaurants. The thing i miss most of all though are the blind dates!! Most of them were awful but it was a lot of fun.
  • Options
    jagravesjagraves Posts: 7 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I miss the cheat to increase skills (without installing a mod). :oops: