Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff we miss from the earlier games and stuff we would like later on.

Considering as SN has been out for a while now and Seasons is on the horizon, what do you miss from the earlier Sim games that are no longer in Sims 3? This can be anything from a decorate item to a major thing such as a plant sim.

Also what would you like to appear in future games?

I personally really want penguins back, jobs for pets and for vampires to turn into bats and go 'bleh'. :D

I would also like to see a way to move from town to town so you're not just stuck in one area (without the use of a mod).
Also the Wants/fears and old romantic options. Sims are just plain 🐸🐸🐸🐸 now and will go with anything and anyone compared to 'I like blonde hair and make-up but I don't want a vampire. Yuck.'

sims2penguin.jpg

Would also like to add that this is in no way a way to bash Sims 3. Merely just to get it out there what we miss from the previous games! Perhaps EA could take the hint though ;)

Looking around, Uni and Decades seem to be the next EP and SP. What dya think? Yay for Uni, boo for Decades I say. There's enough oldey timed stuff in the store, let alone another useless SP. I wanted Teen Style though the teens do have quite a lot. Perhaps a different SP in all?

Comments

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited September 2012
    I really miss our open restaurants, as well as all the social interactions that haven't been brought back. 90% of Sims 3's Sim-on-Sim socials are talk about this, enthuse about this, ask about this, blah blah blah. I want our high fives, jump ropes, cops and robbers, joy buzzers, family kisses, shoves, drink throws and gooses that we had in Sims 2. I also want our toy stores, bowling alleys and hobbies back.
  • Options
    jbrechaejbrechae Posts: 142 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I really miss our open restaurants, as well as all the social interactions that haven't been brought back. 90% of Sims 3's Sim-on-Sim socials are talk about this, enthuse about this, ask about this, blah blah blah. I want our high fives, jump ropes, cops and robbers, joy buzzers, family kisses, shoves, drink throws and gooses that we had in Sims 2. I also want our toy stores, bowling alleys and hobbies back.

Ah yes! I totally agree, i miss the family kisses and especially the open restaurants with interactions like proposing at the table and stealing a bite. Cops and robbers for the kids was so cute!.
  • Options
    GothicansGothicans Posts: 129
    edited September 2012

^This.

I miss it all too. It's almost like EA has lost its creativity with Sims. I highly miss the dragons too.
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited September 2012

I agree, I hate the "talking" interactions, they just bore me, but in Sims 3 they're just isn't a great variety so I gotta use them quite a bit.

Also loved the open restaurants, I agree they need to come back. Would also love for some Open for Business elements to return. Would love to own and run my own restaurant.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    edited September 2012
    The changing table and open restaurants with all those cool table interactions.
  • Options
    Pets108Pets108 Posts: 150
    edited September 2012

all of this. exactly.
  • Options
    mpgvert1mpgvert1 Posts: 155 Member
    edited September 2012
    Oh you are all so right, I agree with 100% of all your missed things. I also miss tucking in my sim babies :( and bathing them in the sink lol
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The changing table and open restaurants with all those cool table interactions.

I miss the changing table :( there was no reason to take it out at all.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    mpgvert1 wrote:
    Oh you are all so right, I agree with 100% of all your missed things. I also miss tucking in my sim babies :( and bathing them in the sink lol

Yes! get those babies outta those blankets!! That was such a step backwards! I miss seeing their little arms and legs moving around. :cry:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    These subtle things make a huge difference to game play :(
  • Options
    chantera89chantera89 Posts: 359 Member
    edited September 2012
    I absolutely love these ideas!! The sims3 to me is lacking lots and lots of charm! I never got to play open for business for ts2 so I'm hoping we get that for ts3! I'm Hearing UNI is next so I'm not gonna get my hopes up. But I wish EA would bring back the little things. REAL babies with arms and legs. More interactions for babies to toddler and to children and vice versa. I miss cops and robbers i miss babies playing in the toilets lol also i wish that we could travel from town to town via car or train lol or loading screen if it means it'll get done.
  • Options
    BeachGirl6747BeachGirl6747 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I agree with the restaurants, I also miss having bakeries.

Most of all, I could not agree more about Sims 3 babies. The baby blanket bothers me so much. The way babies just wore diapers in The Sims 2 used to bother me, but I would take that over the blanket. I would also like to see toddlers get into more mischief again.
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Rollercoasters, Putt Putt, and baby dragons from Makin Magic, The hotel and beach boardwalk prizes, and skiing from Vacation.

From Sims 2: Babies and sink baths, hotel vacations and camping, and learning a local dance, Restraunt interactions, fixing cars, greenhouses, plantsims, bowling.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    edited October 2012
    I could post a ton of stuff I miss from the sims 2, but a few big things I miss are..
    1. The play menu when you click on other sims. I loved seeing sims playing red hands, water balloon fights, cops and robbers (kids) ect. It allowed Sims to do more than talk to each other.

2. Group interactive objects. I missed a bunch of the interactive objects. Especially the ones that both kids and adults could play such as MYSHUNO, bingo, bowling, don't wake the llama, log rolling, and who could forget the poker table. These objects were great, and I loved how they were beautifully animated.

3. I miss the more animated conversations and interests. Even talking was more interesting to watch in the sims 2 due to the wonderful amounts of animations and the small details. Sims would pretend to swing a baseball bat when talking about sports, they would look at their fingernails or look away if bored, it was just fun to watch.

While I know that better animated conversations won't be implemented in the Sims 3 for obvious reasons, they could add the playful interactions, and group interactive objects.

While the sims 3 definitely has it's perks, (skill building, exploring the neighborhood, collecting.) I think it could really benefit from more interactions with other sims, and family members (including kids).

Luckily, it seems like the sims 3 seasons is adding some group activities which is good.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited October 2012
    Sadly too many to write, Im not in any way hating on sims 3 i just find that little details that were in sims 1,2 seem to be missing from sims 3, perhaps it may just be that i played sims 1,2 in my carefree childhood stage of life :P
  • Options
    TwistedTransistorTwistedTransistor Posts: 154 Member
    edited October 2012
    I forgot about washing the babies in the sink :/ That was so adorable.
    I miss College from the Sims 2, REAL apartment living(the apartments in LN are a joke to me),male alien pregnancy which is coming back with seasons hopefully, being able to hand babies to other people without the hassle of setting them down on the ground every time. I miss real vacations, swim-able oceans(seasons!), the Free Time expansion in general, the tons of career options, babies not being in those ugly bundle things, the sims 2 memory system, how the sims would look up at the camera every so often.
  • Options
    fallenangel19910fallenangel19910 Posts: 4,432 New Member
    edited October 2012
    i miss babies that look like this...

572954-baby_super.jpg

instead of this....

168175-6.jpg

whoever decided to shove them into that weird little blanket and make them look like worms.... big mistake!

i also my sims getting into their cars :( not just appearing inside!

• Options
    sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited October 2012

This! ^ :mrgreen::D

They should make a EP with all new social interactions with these things. ^ :mrgreen::lol:
  • Options
    sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited October 2012
    i miss babies that look like this...

572954-baby_super.jpg

instead of this....

168175-6.jpg

whoever decided to shove them into that weird little blanket and make them look like worms.... big mistake!

i also my sims getting into their cars :( not just appearing inside!

Yes, I agree! :D
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2012
    love more open rabbit holes.. and an easier way to add to worlds (lot wise)
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited October 2012
    what everyone has said already so far, I miss and would love to see these coming back for TS3! :)
  • Options
    PrincessTink384PrincessTink384 Posts: 611 Member
    edited October 2012
    i miss the kids playing cops and robbers it was so funny!!!
  • Options
    HappyGaylordHappyGaylord Posts: 319 Member
    edited October 2012
    Male pregnacy, one of the reasons why I love Sims~! X3
  • Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited October 2012
    i never played sims 2 :( but i agree with everything i would love hotels and theme parks also kids getting more things and getting out of them anoying blankets and open resturants yes yes yes :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yes i wish my sims could hand over a baby properly like sims2! yes!