Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I did not get this, nor do I plan to get it, Because:

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2012
    andinic28 wrote:

No i woulnt say seasons should be separate if the option to turn off weather was given, this way ppl can stil enjoy the rest of the ep.
    Again the name of the ep is SEASONS so why in the heck buy it if you don't want weather that $40 could be spent so much better on something you'll actually use/play :roll:

But we do not have options to turn off Seasons in Seasons, nor temperature, nor festivals ect..
    You're wrong there are options to turn off weather, you can have a weather free seasons ep which sounds so stupid lol :lol: What fun is it to snowboard without snow or tan without it being hot people make no sense to me whatsoever :lol:

Name of this ep is Supernatural. In that logic, why would someone spend $40 to turn off supernaturals. :lol:

And nope.
    We can not turn off Seasons in Seasons. You can only turn off some types of weather.
    But winter will be cold. And your sims can die because of low temperature.
    You can not completely turn off the winter, for example. :wink:

So in Supernatural we have options, in Seasons not. :wink:
  • Options
    crissylinecrissyline Posts: 123 New Member
    edited September 2012
    that's your personal opinion. I happen to love this ep, it's my favorite of all actually. and you do know that the towns 'infested with creatures' will probably be able to be fixed? if not by ea then someone's gonna make a mod to where you can limit the number of creatures I'm sure. (same with zombies too I think)
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited September 2012
    OP, You have just passed on the greatest ep ever made. SN takes sims to a whole other level. I just feel kinda bad for you to miss out on all this. You could have picked any other ep to skip and wouldn't be missing much. EA has hit thier peak with SN and I really doubt they can top it. But I guess you'll never know.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't really know why the game didn't appeal to me. I think, by reading the reviews, I made the correct decision though. Zombies 24/7, towns permanently infested with mythical creatures, and the content would be unused by me... I think I'm just not one for fantasy, however I was so excited for the release day on announcement day. I guess as new information streamed in, it just didn't make me say "I WANT this."

I've seen a total of two zombies. TWO. :?

I bought this EP because I like having the fantasy option if I want it. I don't always want a realistic game. For the times that I don't want potions, werewolves and zombies, I don't have to have them.

Besides, I buy EVERY EP because there's always something in them I want. I had no real interest in Showtime, but I bought it because, well, I'd feel like I was missing something if I didn't. I'm glad I did. The acrobat career is pretty fun.

Anywhoo, sorry it didn't appeal to you. Maybe you'll want to get it later, when they've worked out the zombie issue and you can turn all of that off if you want. It's always fun to have ONE save where you just do crazy things with your game. This EP could be "that one save" for you.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited September 2012
    Good for you, I guess? I personally love this EP, I don't think I'll ever play a human again. They made the occults so much fun to play, particularly the witch, werewolf and fairy.

But hey, that's me. Enjoy your game the way you want.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,377 Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow, I'm at a loss here. The price was the same as all the other ep's. Why do people keep saying it's more money?

I don't have zombies 24/7 they come now and then, along with the full moon. I don't know why some people get zombies and others don't, but in my game, they don't.

Zombies in general are really funny! They don't attack, they don't bite. They do a lot of "arrrrrh" and "Grrrrr" but when they confront a regular sim, the sim being accosted laughs at them and "arrrrh's" right back. Most of the time, you can ignore a zombie "attack" by clicking out the queue.

Not every ep is for every player. Every ep has something fun in it for every Simmer! If you're not a Simmer, then I guess this isn't for you. :lol:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited September 2012
    windweaver wrote:
    Wow, I'm at a loss here. The price was the same as all the other ep's. Why do people keep saying it's more money?

I don't have zombies 24/7 they come now and then, along with the full moon. I don't know why some people get zombies and others don't, but in my game, they don't.

Zombies in general are really funny! They don't attack, they don't bite. They do a lot of "arrrrrh" and "Grrrrr" but when they confront a regular sim, the sim being accosted laughs at them and "arrrrh's" right back. Most of the time, you can ignore a zombie "attack" by clicking out the queue.

Not every ep is for every player. Every ep has something fun in it for every Simmer! If you're not a Simmer, then I guess this isn't for you. :lol:

I got all lost decoding the tiny print at the bottom.
    "Formerly Cynconzola8
    Living vicariously thru my sims; I'm rich, beautiful and I never age."

See inconsolate.

I don't feel good today, I lost two EP's. Showtime and Late-Night. I doubt I'll miss them much.
    The point is, I uninstalled them just so Supernatural would play well, and it does.

Sims 2 had "apartment Life", the single best sims 2 EP.
    Sims 1 had "Making Magic".
    I'm not sure what the best EP in sims 3 is, It might be pets, I do not know, or maybe it will be seasons.
    But for me right now, it is supernatural.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    First off, I am not quite sure where you get the 24/7 invasions from. Zombies only come out on the full moon between 6pm and 6am and even then they don't attack your Sim. At least I have not expierenced that. I actually had two zombies go into the local vampire hangout where I placed a poker table and professional bar. One zombie was enjoying a round of poker while the other sauntered up to the bar and ordered himself a drink! :shock: I found this quite amusing! As far as the other supernaturals in the game, I don't see that my town is overrun with them. To be honest, this is the first EP that actually has me playing! I usually spend my time building and decorating. However, if you do like realism in your game, then I can see how this is not for you. I for one like both in my game. I love the fact that my Sims can do laundry and that we are finally getting weather, but on the other hand, I love that my Sims neighbor can be a vampire, witch or fairy! Can't have your cake and eat it in the "real" world, but in my Sims world..... I can! :wink:

A lot of people have this glitch. It's been mentioned everyone 2 hours on the forums. :!:
  • Options
    LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited September 2012
    Got_Bawls wrote:

I do have one question for you all who have Supernatural: How are you dealing with the 24/7 invasions? I know the option to turn it off is there for some of them, however I have heard it isn't for all. How do you enjoy fighting off those zombies or avoiding them? What would you do to play the game with realism?
    i live real life and it is boring. I do everything I can to make my game as FAR from realistic as possible (I love dressing the characters and deciding their personalities which is why I play the sims)

I am one of the few people who have a non-glitched up supernatural game. I get very few zombies, and IT SUCKS!! I save during full moons in order to get more zombies and I use cheat codes.

I like using elixirs and curses on the zombies. Turning zombies to toads and such. I think it is fun.

Omg so do I!!! I saved during moon moons and get at the most 2 zombies while my friend got 30 in one night! Though I'm glad I haven't suffered through any other glitches *knocks on wood*
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2012
    With the ability to turn off specific supernaturals, it's fairly easy to have some games where you have them and some games where you don't -- you can just turn them off for all your games and if you want a few supernatural families, make them in CAS and add them to your town using Edit Town mode; the game won't spawn any random ones or turn existing families into vampires or werewolves. (That was my biggest complaint about LN; it would turn random Sims in town into vampires, even in places like Sunset Valley or Twinbrook -- it's why I started using mods to prevent that.) But there are enough fun items in the game to make it a valuable addition, such as the new plants/recipes, the ability to keep bees and produce honey, the rocking horse and rocking chair, etc. Haven't had as much time lately to play as I'd like, but what I've explored, I like. My next goal is to have a fairy tame a unicorn and learn to ride it, so I think I might put a single fairy into Appaloosa Plains and see what develops. :-) Or maybe I'll add the equestrian center to Hidden Springs, and see if my fairy can catch the eye of Liam O'Dourke... 8)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2012
    EDIT: Nevermind, I see the question was already answered. :-)

Anyhow, to each his/her own. That's the wonderful thing about this game, if you don't want an EP because it adds features that you're not interested in, you can just skip it.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited September 2012
    You can't please everybody. Every single expansion that comes out there are people who swear they'll never buy it (and post loudly and repeatedly about why). That's great. Don't buy it, your wallet speaks louder than your posts ever will :P I just don't see the need to post about it. So supernatural creatures aren't to 'your' liking? So? Don't buy it. EA has done a pretty decent job of listening to what people want. After all, Seasons will be out in just a couple months. :wink:
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited September 2012

I do have one question for you all who have Supernatural: How are you dealing with the 24/7 invasions? I know the option to turn it off is there for some of them, however I have heard it isn't for all. How do you enjoy fighting off those zombies or avoiding them? What would you do to play the game with realism?

I couldn't play this game. I couldn't. It would annoy me beyond ends. And the price. How did you deal with the price? Expensive, much?

So, I've shared my opinions, now what are yours? I'm curious and ready to listen. Any counterexamples, I'd love to hear, anything you agree/disagree with, what your overall opinion on the game is, whether you have played it or not.

And I'm finished :XD:

Well I'm one of those people who would likely not be playing The Sims were it not for the Supernatural EP. I only started with Late Night because of the vampires. I get enough realism in my real life and I REALLY wanted to play a game with a setting like True Blood. Supernatural is a lighthearted version of that and suits me down to my pointy witchy boots! LOL

As to its price, when you consider the hours you'll spend playing vs. the average cost of dinner and a movie, even at full price at release it's great value for your money. Now it's on sale for under $30 almost everywhere, making it a total steal.

I think, however, that this CAN be a great EP for the realism folks. When compared to collections and stuff packs, the gorgeous town of Moonlight Falls, the charming Victorian houses and numerous furniture, decor and build goodies, those alone make it worth what you'll pay for it now at sale prices.

But how can this be playable in a realistic game? Pretty easily actually. 1. Freeze your lunar cycle at any point EXCEPT a full moon. You will not encounter zombies at all. 2. Turn off witches, vampires, fairies, genies, and werewolves in Options. That just leaves ghosts to deal with. 3. Take some time at the beginning of your game to track down all the ghost households and use testingcheatsenabled true to put them individually into CAS and change their life state to regular human. There, done! Your realism is back AND you get all the cool stuff!

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited September 2012
    You mention being excited about Late Night - I was very excited for that EP, and in the end equally disappointed, if not more so. Conversely, I was not at all excited about Supernatural, save for the build and some buy stuff, but as it turns out, I'm absolutely in love with this EP.

You mention you enjoy playing a realistic game. Have you seen my latest houses? Pretty average and everyday realistic, right? No hint of a fantasy lover in sight. But I tell you what, my witchself is having a freaking blast causing mayhem and misery, a surprise to me. I still despise all things fairy, but that could change once I give them a chance. Don't love the supernaturals? Untick the boxes and sit back in the rocking chair with your baby and rock away. It's adorable. There's a lot more to the game than witches, fairies, werewolves and such. I think Moonlight Falls is a beautiful town and the houses are the best EA has ever made. I'm quite impressed.

You mention 24/7 zombies.. a little misinformation there. Sometimes it is really hard to critique something you really don't have experience with and only go by hearsay. If I let what people say on the forums influence my simming, I'd never gotten past the base game. I don't have a zombie invasion, I get from 0-3 on my home lot on the full moon. More often than not I get 0, but I play with Twallan's mods. Not because of SN, just because they're so awesome I can't imagine not.

How do I deal with the price? Seeing as it cost me exactly as much as the other EP's, the price was not a surprise. What was a surprise was how much stuff we got for the price of other EP's. It is stuffed. And I love the stuff. I can't afford a lot of things these days, I've let several Stuff Packs come and go, lots of store stuff, Sunlit Tides... they weren't worth the money to me these days. I do budget some money for fun stuff for me - precious little. I don't feel cheated in the least. For what it offers, Supernatural is a bargain. Love me a bargain.

I completely understand why you stand where you do. I was there. I play as straightlaced a game as possible, well, I did. So far I've only played a witch. Torched many fairies, werewolves and paparazzi (yay), with pics to prove it. I'm sure I'll go back to the realistic, but for me - I'm really glad I have the option and I'm even more happy that I gave it a chance.

Happy Simming, however you choose to do so!

• Options
    jbrechaejbrechae Posts: 142 New Member
    edited September 2012
    You mention being excited about Late Night - I was very excited for that EP, and in the end equally disappointed, if not more so. Conversely, I was not at all excited about Supernatural, save for the build and some buy stuff, but as it turns out, I'm absolutely in love with this EP.

You mention you enjoy playing a realistic game. Have you seen my latest houses? Pretty average and everyday realistic, right? No hint of a fantasy lover in sight. But I tell you what, my witchself is having a freaking blast causing mayhem and misery, a surprise to me. I still despise all things fairy, but that could change once I give them a chance. Don't love the supernaturals? Untick the boxes and sit back in the rocking chair with your baby and rock away. It's adorable. There's a lot more to the game than witches, fairies, werewolves and such. I think Moonlight Falls is a beautiful town and the houses are the best EA has ever made. I'm quite impressed.

You mention 24/7 zombies.. a little misinformation there. Sometimes it is really hard to critique something you really don't have experience with and only go by hearsay. If I let what people say on the forums influence my simming, I'd never gotten past the base game. I don't have a zombie invasion, I get from 0-3 on my home lot on the full moon. More often than not I get 0, but I play with Twallan's mods. Not because of SN, just because they're so awesome I can't imagine not.

How do I deal with the price? Seeing as it cost me exactly as much as the other EP's, the price was not a surprise. What was a surprise was how much stuff we got for the price of other EP's. It is stuffed. And I love the stuff. I can't afford a lot of things these days, I've let several Stuff Packs come and go, lots of store stuff, Sunlit Tides... they weren't worth the money to me these days. I do budget some money for fun stuff for me - precious little. I don't feel cheated in the least. For what it offers, Supernatural is a bargain. Love me a bargain.

I completely understand why you stand where you do. I was there. I play as straightlaced a game as possible, well, I did. So far I've only played a witch. Torched many fairies, werewolves and paparazzi (yay), with pics to prove it. I'm sure I'll go back to the realistic, but for me - I'm really glad I have the option and I'm even more happy that I gave it a chance.

Happy Simming, however you choose to do so!

Wow very well put!

• Options
    briansimpsonbriansimpson Posts: 82 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm another one who is having a blast with this EP. And like many others have said, it's a great departure from everyday life. I don't want to do the dishes and worry about laundry in a game I'm playing. Though, that part of it can be fun at times too. I also accidentally saved during a full moon, so zombies can and do populate at any time. However, it's less destructive than one might think. Or at least, in my game it really isn't terrible. You can go to work and do all the same things, the simulation things. Zombies don't wander in and attack you while you're eating inside or doing dishes, etc. And if you get the Zombie Attack! interaction, all you have to do is click it and it stops. I'm also having fun casting spells and throwing potions at zombies. And if you're not fantasy-minded, it won't mean much to you of course. If you're not into witches and zombies and werewolves, etc. then you probably shouldn't get it. But for me, even with my zombie glitch happening, I'm having the best time I've ever had with an EP!
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2012
    Oh, come on. Admit it. You want one save, in one neighborhood, where your sims can let their hair down and do stuff like this:

screenshot_original.jpg

:P

Full price is the same as every other expansion -- $39.00. I've seen Supernatural on sale on Amazon this past week for $26.00.