The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Sims 3 over?

After seasons is that it?

Is it just going to be like Sims 2 with only 8 expanisions?

It seems like it hasn't been long at all, at least for me. It came out when I graduated highschool!

Now I'm 21 and feeling disappointed that it might be done after this.

I've never played sims 2, and I heard a lot of talk when sims 3 came out that sims 2 was better. Ha! Maybe in some aspects, but after 4 years there is talk of sims 4. I'm going to miss sims 3,and I want to make the most of it while it's around. I'll need to upgrade my pc for sims 4. I just hope EA is still safe and sound by the time I invest in that. :P

Comments

• Options
    RainbowDust1RainbowDust1 Posts: 353 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't know, I sure hope not though! I don't feel I'm done exploring TS3.
    14s9px.gif
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sharifah28 wrote:
    After seasons is that it? Is it just going to be like Sims 2 with only 8 expanisions?

where are theses ideas coming from ..

ep9 is already to be rumoured ..

maybe wait and see?
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited August 2012
    The rumours are that Seasons is the last TS3 EP. But there are lots of hopeful people who say there will definately be a EP9. I guess only EA knows what's up. Only time can tell.
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • Options
    Sharifah28Sharifah28 Posts: 56
    edited August 2012
    I don't know, I sure hope not though! I don't feel I'm done exploring TS3.

Yeah I agree, so much more exploration. With this new sims engine they are using, you would think they'll have sims 3 out longer than sims 2. It has the potential to be dragged out more.

It just seemed a little interesting that they brought out 3 expansions this year insead of just 2 like they usually did. Then again that Katy Perry pack could have thrown em off idk.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    Sharifah28 wrote:
    After seasons is that it? Is it just going to be like Sims 2 with only 8 expanisions?

where are theses ideas coming from ..

ep9 is already to be rumoured ..

maybe wait and see?

Cool, I didn't even know about those rumors. If it did end at 8, to me that would have been cutting it short. They have to make more than Sims 2 right? I mean, it's the Sims 3!
  • Options
    emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited August 2012
    There are rumours saying that there will be 14 EP's for TS3. But pack 9 has already been rumoured about.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sharifah28 wrote:

It seems like it hasn't been long at all, at least for me. It came out when I graduated highschool!

Now I'm 21 and feeling disappointed that it might be done after this. I never played sims 2, so I don't know how it feels to have your sims stopped lol.

I wouldn't get too wrapped around how many EPs it was for one series, The way I see it, it is over when EA says it is over and EA has not said anything about ending Sims 3. Until then do not believe the hype.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Sharifah28 wrote:

Now I'm 21 and feeling disappointed that it might be done after this. I never played sims 2, so I don't know how it feels to have your sims stopped lol.

I wouldn't get too wrapped around how many EPs it was for one series, The way I see it, it is over when EA says it is over and EA has not said anything about ending Sims 3. Until then do not believe the hype.

Hm, alright then. :) I'll keep that in mind. I need to look up more about what it takes to create these games, so I have a better idea of deadlines, budget and stuff like that.
  • Options
    Creaky2005Creaky2005 Posts: 1,974 New Member
    edited August 2012
    They better have some amazing new feature planned for the fourth installment if they come out with it. Kinda like how sims 2 had aging and genetics and sims 3 had an entire town without loading screens.
  • Options
    SandySimSandySim Posts: 2,523 Member
    edited August 2012
    :shock: 14? LOL My computer will blow up :lol:
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited August 2012
    SandySim wrote:
    :shock: 14? LOL My computer will blow up :lol:

Exactly my thinking!
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    be92003be92003 Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2012
    oh i hope they dont stop making anymore there is so much they can do still,and sims 4 would be too demanding on computers sims 3 is greedy enough on graphics
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited August 2012
    emiie10 wrote:
    There are rumours saying that there will be 14 EP's for TS3. But pack 9 has already been rumoured about.

I would love it if there were 14 expansions...even though I might need to upgrade my computer, but imagine the possibilities! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Creaky2005Creaky2005 Posts: 1,974 New Member
    edited August 2012
    be92003 wrote:
    oh i hope they dont stop making anymore there is so much they can do still,and sims 4 would be too demanding on computers sims 3 is greedy enough on graphics

I had a problem with nightlife for sims 2, it was so demanding compared to playing uni or being in my families house. I'm glad I can play all the expansions for the sims 3 since all the new stuff is basically at the same level as the base game and town in terms of graphics and processing. For this reason alone I would like to keep playing the sims 3. I would probably have to buy a new comp to play sims 4 if it came out.
  • Options
    LillithsMommyLillithsMommy Posts: 93 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I would love 14 expansions!! And yeah I'm not ready to be done with 3! I refuse to even think about 4 yet, I'm still in love with 3.
  • Options
    Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited August 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Sims 4 next year. 8)
  • Options
    ZessinnaZessinna Posts: 117 Member
    edited August 2012
    It's be weird if they made a new sims when (it seems) that the general public still wants to play Sims 3...

Plus, if a Sims 4 came out, imagine how much higher the specs might have to be for whatever they may have planned. I think home computers have to get more advanced before people ask for a new game. :P
  • Options
    Paul_BeastPaul_Beast Posts: 52 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I sure hope so!
    There is a lot of hype in the Sims 4!
  • Options
    ememzemmyememzemmy Posts: 215 New Member
    edited August 2012
    If Seasons is the last EP they won't tell us until everyone has bought it because it's a waste of money to buy an EP for sims 3 when your going to quit it and play Sims 4 in a few months anyway.

EA is money hungry again :twisted:
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited August 2012
    I've experienced TS1 and TS2 both being over, and I was ready for TS3 to be over last year, I just want to move onto the next one already.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited August 2012
    There is also a rumour that there are 5 games left after KPST (5 including Diesel, SN and Seasons) which would mean probably one more EP and one more SP.

http://simsvip.com/?p=13012

ETA: Specs shouldn't really be a worry for a new game. Sure they'll go up a bit, but EA are trying to make money and they can't do that if no one but NASA has a PC powerful enough to handle TS4 :P So unless your PC is really old you would probably be fine for TS4 :)
  • Options
    Eboni12345Eboni12345 Posts: 82
    edited August 2012
    Zessinna wrote:
    It's be weird if they made a new sims when (it seems) that the general public still wants to play Sims 3...
    Sims 2 players were saying this and they still made the sims 3. :lol:
    EA closed the sims 2 store and left the sims 2 site open and they kept advertising sims 3 to players who haven't bought sims 3 yet.

I feel that they will eventually do the same thing to sims 3 when sims 4 arrives

I think that if people see sims 4 (especially if it look amazing), I think y'all would want the game.

I am ready for sims 4. i hope they make better sims too, sims 3 sims are cheesy in the face
  • Options
    PrisquaPrisqua Posts: 60 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I certainly hope there will be more after Seasons and I hope EA will bring back the 'Downtowns' like in Sims 2 instead of just bringing out new Worlds. There is so much more that could be done with Sims 3, I think it would a bit too early for Sims 4. Let us enjoy Sims 3 fully before bringing out Sims 4.
  • Options
    3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Having to wait for them to add all the good stuff already released in previous Expansions again would be a pain :? Look how long they took to add Seasons. If The Sims 4 had everything to date that the Sims 3 had in it by its release date it would be AWESOME :D But I highly doubt that, I really wish though. It would be better that way because then they could spend more time coming out with NEW never before seen in the sims series EPs instead of repeating and releasing the same EPs that's annoying :?

Well anyway if they plan to release it next year I will stick with Sims 3 I'm not ready for it to end LOL! I'm in it for the long haul like 16 EPs long LOL :lol: :shock:
  • Options
    ExpandSims2ExpandSims2 Posts: 373 Member
    edited August 2012
    I hope Sims3 is not over for a while yet. I love it and there is so much more that can be done with it and can be explored with it. And yes....Sims4 in order to improve on graphics and game play would have to have higher PC requirements. And why else would a Sims4 even be considered? Just keep adding to Sims3. My PC is only a year old and was top of the line in everything. You couldn't do better unless you bought a strictly exclusive gaming computer. Still I don't think it could handle Sims4 without a better graphics card and I won't do that just for another edition of Sims. And not to shoot down EA, I love the sims and they brought it to us (after Maxis) but after all the glitches and bugs and the long waits to get them fixed in Sims3, service and getting these things taken care of as much as possible before release seems to be down from previous versions. I wouldn't want to go through all that again with a Sims4. I'm happy with Sims3. There is so much to do in this game, don't think I'd ever get tired of it or need a Sims4. And yes we would have long waits for new editions of our favorite packs. And Sims3 would be dropped like a hot potatoe with no more support and no more store just like Sims2 was. Doesn't seem fair to loyal customers who have so much money invested in a product that ended with a 30 day notice. More money and more money and more money. Instead of buying the same things over (even improved and with additional stuff) I'd say don't mess with a good thing. Maybe the later come simmers will feel different, but I, having been here from the beginning of the original Sims would not look forward to a 4th edition.