Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ASK THE GURUS ABOUT SEASONS?

Comments

• Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2012
    FantiSci wrote:
    1) We've seens Sims get zapped by lightning and suffer from temperature extremes...but are there any types of weather that can do damage to the lots (e.g. can hail damage the plants)?
    So far yes if they're holding an umbrella in a rainstorm. But we still don't know if they'll be zapped if in outdoor hotubs yet etc.
    2) Will the new food types be available in recipe form, or exclusive to the stands?
    Live chat showed quite a few stuff you can get from the new food stands which vary per seasonal festival in the park. Fast food like

-grasshopper pie
    -pumkin pie (can grow & carve pumpkins too)
    -french fries
    -hot dogs
    -cotton candy
    -hot chocolate
    -fruit puch
    check the live chat for more stuff :mrgreen:
    3) Can Sims scuba dive? If so, would it be a rabbithole adventure in the same way as the Time Machine?
    I'm VERY interested if this will be a reality. But I'm not getting my hopes up since surfing got shot down. :lol:

I'm just happy my sims will be able to swim in the oceans all year round :D
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited August 2012
    Do we have to place half pipe manually?
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited August 2012
    i'm going to be updating in the morning. I need to get used to different hours, my semester is starting soon. :evil:
  • Options
    emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited August 2012
    How will seasons effect pets? Like horses or outside dogs/cats?
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks TRachet for compiling this list of questions!

I was glad to read in SimGuruCharles blog that wild flowers are a new collectible during spring. My questions is, can you only collect them, or can you collect them and then plant these on your home lot and grow them yourselves, with increasing quality, the better you get at it?

Are pumpkins the only new plantable to come with Seasons?
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited August 2012
    Corwim wrote:

I was glad to read in SimGuruCharles blog that wild flowers are a new collectible during spring. My questions is, can you only collect them, or can you collect them and then plant these on your home lot and grow them yourselves, with increasing quality, the better you get at it?

I already know one answer. Yes, pumpkins is the only new plant. But, you get to do fun stuff with them. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited August 2012
    How will festivals work for custom worlds or with worlds without central parks?
  • Options
    BlondeGoddess20BlondeGoddess20 Posts: 264 Member
    edited August 2012
    Is there any way we can get hotels that we can plop in places? I know it sounds odd but I'd thought I'd ask.
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited August 2012
    TRachet wrote:
    Corwim wrote:

I already know one answer. Yes, pumpkins is the only new plant. But, you get to do fun stuff with them. :mrgreen:

Thanks TRachet! Ah, too bad there's only that one, then again, Supernatural will add plenty, so I'm good. 8)
  • Options
    natersgirlnatersgirl Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2012
    I have a question about pets with seasons, especially horses. . . In the winter will they have horse blankets and such and able to be kept cool in the summer? I think horse blankets would be nice as they can get cold too . . .
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2012
    Can there be freak weather? For example, a snowstorm in the middle of summer?
  • Options
    jennthyajennthya Posts: 328 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hey TRachet, here is a link thats got some info that does answer some of the questions! Links and proof included! :wink:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/570883.page
  • Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited August 2012
    As for being sick if children get sick can their parents call the school then that child stays home and also will the school close in heavy snow

thanks in advance!
    :D
  • Options
    sidisidi Posts: 184 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Will Sims get the day off work/school on holidays? i.e Snow-flake Day

Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    can sims go skateboarding on the half pipe in summer?
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited August 2012
    Can sims die from being stuck by lightening?

Will there be a weather channel that gives weather forecasts?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Taylacfc wrote:
    As for being sick if children get sick can their parents call the school then that child stays home and also will the school close in heavy snow

thanks in advance!
    :D
    I believe snow days are confirmed. :D
  • Options
    AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I want to know about any new collectables. Are there any new Fish? Garden Plants? Insects? gems? etc...
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited August 2012
    I know it's a long shot, but they haven't really shown much of aliens yet or much of the summer season activities...so, I'm hoping that maybe we'll get mersims and aliens!

I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to ask them if mersims might be in Seasons as a surprise occult! I probably wouldn't waste a question for everyone else though, I'll just wait to see if it's announced, since I know it's a bit unlikely. I'm still hoping though! :mrgreen:
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I have a question - if that's OK?

Will there be glass floors or skylights in seasons? The onese we've built at the moment are effectively holes in the roof and I'm assuming that sniow, rain etc can leak through?

Thanks
    Gaz :)
  • Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited August 2012
    can we turn off hail and lighting?
  • Options
    greenturtle407greenturtle407 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Two questions:

Will the Penguin be making a comeback and will the composter be making a comeback? I really liked both in TS2 Seasons!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    will rain and snow help firefighters put out fires on an emergency call?

What about if sims accidentally set stuff outdooors on fire like using stoves, blowing up stuff, using fireworks on the patio etc? Or places in the house like under a carport, inner garden/patio court etc. where no roofing exists?

What about sims who accidentally set themselves on fire while outdoors like inventor sims, lighting outdoor fireplace etc?
  • Options
    SnowJackalSnowJackal Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Is Rain a 'spring only' weather change or will there be chance of rain throughout the 'Sim-year'?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    SnowJackal wrote:
    Is Rain a 'spring only' weather change or will there be chance of rain throughout the 'Sim-year'?

Yea it also rains in at least summer(not sure about fall or winter) it is just more common for it to rain in the Spring