The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MORE OF YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!

Comments

• Options
    aliceemayyaliceemayy Posts: 151
    edited July 2012
    Derella wrote:
    Answer - You can’t directly control the paparazzi population with the new settings but there are two new options that will allow players to limit the celebrity populations in different ways, and as a result, the paparazzi that are drawn to them will be reduced. One option will allow you to prevent your active household from gaining celebrity status and the other option gives players the ability to control whether or not the game tries to maintain a balance of Sims with celebrity status in the world.

You just made my night! This is the best addition ever :)

thank god for that! it drove me mad that every sims i created had 1 star grr
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ignore this
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    SnowyDove wrote:
    WOOHOO Zombies! :mrgreen: I guess I will buy one after all, its to bad you can't control the population. But my fiancé will love this one because we both like zombies...lol. :lol: I had no idea there were until I watched the trailer!

But I do have a question when can I expect this expansion to be available? Meaning I pre-ordered so when will it come to my door?

4th of september
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited July 2012
    I asked this in the other post but wonder/hoping someone might have heard the answer.....

"Can regular Sims adopt Supernatural children?
    No, Sims will not be able to adopt supernatural children but players will be able to create supernatural children directly from CAS."

So could we create supernatural children and then dump them randomly into a house?

Could we then kill off all adults in house so kids are taken by social worker? Then have another family adopt?

I've done this with children taken by social worker to get them back into the "correct" family. Curious to know if they would keep their supernatural state.....
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    MXJ09205923Mv3MXJ09205923Mv3 Posts: 133
    edited July 2012
    magic345w wrote:
    I WANT MERMAIDS IN THIS EP!!!!!!!

As much as I love the idea for there being mermaids, how on earth would people play with them? Would they have to be swimming at all time while living in an underwater house, or what do you think?

But still though, aren't the zombies designed to be very slow? Wouldn't it be easy for a sim to outrun it, or just make your sim stay away from the graveyard? Or just make your sims stay inside at full moon...

Well I guess when they are on dry land they won't have a tail and when they're in a pool they would but they probably wouldn't have many powers
  • Options
    JonnaJacobsenJonnaJacobsen Posts: 83 New Member
    edited July 2012
    magic345w wrote:

As much as I love the idea for there being mermaids, how on earth would people play with them? Would they have to be swimming at all time while living in an underwater house, or what do you think?

But still though, aren't the zombies designed to be very slow? Wouldn't it be easy for a sim to outrun it, or just make your sim stay away from the graveyard? Or just make your sims stay inside at full moon...

Well I guess when they are on dry land they won't have a tail and when they're in a pool they would but they probably wouldn't have many powers

But I kinda hope that then they will give us the option of swimming in the sea... xD
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited July 2012
    Question, in the game-play demo, Megan (I think it was Megan) said that we'd be able to gift our friends the elixirs. How would this work and would it be only with those that have the Supernatural EP?
  • Options
    JonnaJacobsenJonnaJacobsen Posts: 83 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Question: Are there any SP pets? Since you can choose to be a sim ghost, can you then choose to be a pet ghost?
    Will we be able to create our own unicorn, will there be some special dog and will the Spectral Cat from the Sims 2 Appartment Life ( only working if you have Pets) make its return? And will we also be able to get some SP side pets, like Ashwinders, Basilisk (both from Harry Potter), or maybe even a tiny dragon that we can keep in a cage?
  • Options
    begaltigerbegaltiger Posts: 103
    edited July 2012
    Question: Are there any SP pets? Since you can choose to be a sim ghost, can you then choose to be a pet ghost?
    Will we be able to create our own unicorn, will there be some special dog and will the Spectral Cat from the Sims 2 Appartment Life ( only working if you have Pets) make its return? And will we also be able to get some SP side pets, like Ashwinders, Basilisk (both from Harry Potter), or maybe even a tiny dragon that we can keep in a cage?

Sadly, there are no dragons. I read somewhere that a guru said there would be no supernatural pets, (excluding ghosts and unicorns, because we already have them) which I think includes a spectral cat. As for creating them in CAS, I have no idea, but it seems like it should be possible.
  • Options
    MXJ09205923Mv3MXJ09205923Mv3 Posts: 133
    edited July 2012
    magic345w wrote:

But I kinda hope that then they will give us the option of swimming in the sea... xD
    I know right?
    They haven't done that since The Sims 2 bon voyage
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited July 2012
    I really do not want zommbies in my game nor do I want wearwovles is there a way not to have them at all. I really only want faries.

I just like to play my game a different way then most people I guess I won't be buying this one. I am pestered enough with the celebrity (paparizzi) issue I don't want to have to deal with zommbies. Sorry I can't spell.
  • Options
    poppip989poppip989 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2012
    You can turn off the full moon so that zombies never come...but neither will the full moon.
  • Options
    Aw3someunicornAw3someunicorn Posts: 34
    edited July 2012
    Question, in the game-play demo, Megan (I think it was Megan) said that we'd be able to gift our friends the elixirs. How would this work and would it be only with those that have the Supernatural EP?

It'll work kinda like how simport works.only people with SN will get to use it. And as far as I know, you trade elixirs with your friends via the mailbox. I may be wrong.

But what I'm wondering is if we can share elixirs, does that mean that we can create our own elixirs and effects? Thy would be SO cool! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2012

It'll work kinda like how simport works.only people with SN will get to use it. And as far as I know, you trade elixirs with your friends via the mailbox. I may be wrong.

But what I'm wondering is if we can share elixirs, does that mean that we can create our own elixirs and effects? Thy would be SO cool! :mrgreen:

This is the newest (as far as I'm aware) interview. It says that we'll be able to share elixirs with people who don't have supernatural, or at least that's what i heard in it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSog3xPSmY4&feature=player_embedded
    edit: the link wouldn't post correctly :P
  • Options
    Aw3someunicornAw3someunicorn Posts: 34
    edited July 2012
    begaltiger wrote:

This is the newest (as far as I'm aware) interview. It says that we'll be able to share elixirs with people who don't have supernatural, or at least that's what i heard in it.

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't see that. Another thing I'm wondering is about the ghosts. It seemed like they upgraded them too and I would like to know what other abilities they have? If any. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    begaltiger wrote:

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't see that. Another thing I'm wondering is about the ghosts. It seemed like they upgraded them too and I would like to know what other abilities they have? If any. Thank you!
    Its fine, no worries :) I don't think that their adding any special abilities to ghosts, but they are adding 3 new ones
  • Options
    rubyvrubyv Posts: 66
    edited July 2012
    Will witches be able to use staffs (to cast spells or just as an accesory)? If not, they really should! I would very much like to create a Sim Gandalf :D
  • Options
    sillysarah2000sillysarah2000 Posts: 8
    edited July 2012
    I Just Wish There Was A Way To Turn Off Zombies All together.. :L
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    edited July 2012
    Not sure if this has been asked before but:

What happens to the wings of the fairy when they got to bed, sit down, shower, bathe, etc. Do they just phase through the object, disappear completely or something cooler.

-M-

I had wondered the same about using the fairie Folk outfits that already have the wings on these new fairies. Will the wings overlap? Or, is there a normal and fairy state? :?:

:D

I plan to turn off and turn on features before and after the games. It does make it harder to play when you have to remember to do it.

Example: I wonder if sliders were not used because you could get to the point of adding no more, but try to turn someone into a vampire and the slider doesn't know what to do because the quota has done been fulfilled. They could have a sign pop up saying that your town is full at the moment, if you want to add more go to options and adjust the slider. Just an idea that I didn't see posted.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    5941 wrote:
    Hi I am wondering if i buy/pre order Supernatural on origin will it be a virtual copy sent to my house? because i don't have origin installed on my computer. :?: i am worried because i love Sims but i really want it sent to my house. :? :|

I think someone else answered your question, but just wanted to 2nd that. I have already ordered the physical copy. You just have to be careful and click that one. You will know, because you will see where it charges you shipping and handling. This is PC not sure about Mac. I thought it had both on it though for the US. Could be that people from other countries are not able to get a physical copy that way?

It is great because not only do you get the extras from the limited edition, but more extras from getting it at origin. I love free extra stuff for my game. :D
  • Options
    elt1994elt1994 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Sorry if this question was already posted :oops: but will fairies be able to ride horses? It would be very cool to have a fairy ride a unicorn.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    :)
    I have a question that I have posted in the general and technical forums that hasn't even been attempted to answer by gurus or sim people.

:?: With all of the worlds in the EPs, in the store, and on the exchange, if you download too many you can't see the end of the list on the Sims 3 launcher. Since we will be getting a new world, will the world list in the launcher be fixed so that you can scroll through all of the worlds on your list?

I would like this answered. I had to get rid of worlds just to see Sunset Valley. Thanks. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    davina1221 wrote:
    :)
    I have a question that I have posted in the general and technical forums that hasn't even been attempted to answer by gurus or sim people.

:?: With all of the worlds in the EPs, in the store, and on the exchange, if you download too many you can't see the end of the list on the Sims 3 launcher. Since we will be getting a new world, will the world list in the launcher be fixed so that you can scroll through all of the worlds on your list?

I would like this answered. I had to get rid of worlds just to see Sunset Valley. Thanks. :D

I've downloaded lots of worlds from the exchange, but I can scroll down and select any that I wish. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. That should help, and if it doesn't, then i don't know what to tell you.
  • Options
    magic345wmagic345w Posts: 1,054
    edited July 2012
    magic345w wrote:

They would turn into thier mermaid form when they swim... Well that's my idea of mermaids! Magic345w
  • Options
    HatingHating Posts: 86
    edited July 2012
    Are you going to have pegasus's in supernatural? Please put pegasus's in there!!!! :DDD