Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Dirty Surroundings" moodlet won't go away!

KBarbe00KBarbe00 Posts: 27 New Member
In one room of my house, the moodlet appears for every sim. I've tried everything - having a neat sim "clean house", washing all dishes on lot and even hire a maid. It won't go away and every sim always gags when they go in that room. Any ideas??
PS - I'm in 'week 62' of my game, and it's been like that for as long as I can remember, so the problem hasn't disappeared over time. It's driving me mad! Please help!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited August 2009
    are there beds in the room? if so, are they made? unmade beds are a pain for "it's diiiirty!"

any counters, junk items, full bins etc? perhaps you can go to that room, put your walls up etc and capture a picture from above. Perhaps we'll be able to pick out what's up if you upload a picture.

remember to resize =3

there's also the chance that you might not have noticed a stinky dead fish in a bowl or something... endless possibilities
  • Options
    grubbtjgrubbtj Posts: 109 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Is there anything in your sim's inventory?

Sometimes some opportunities send gross things into their inventory or if they went through someone's trash.
  • Options
    NyappyMuffinNyappyMuffin Posts: 363 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've had this problem too ;3;

It was in their livingroom, so obviously no undmade beds. No counters in there or junk items, and I don't have a bin in there at all XD
    And I don't have a fish. They eat everything David brings home lol~

I have a maid, and have had a neat sim 'clean house' but it doesn't go away. I delete the moodlet with testingcheatsenabled but it comes back within seconds -sigh- -_-

I just learned to live with it...Guess my house is haunted by evil invisable dustmites >(
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited August 2009
    When I had that problem it was the glitched fridge bug.
    Spoiled food in the fridge.
    Couldn't clean it out or delete the fridge (even with cheats) so I moved the family out.
  • Options
    StarSarahStarSarah Posts: 931 Member
    edited August 2009
    When i had this problem it was because i was carry around fruit and veg in my inventory that had gone bad. I had also been rummaging around in people's garbage cans which had ended up in my inventory. Only when i had cleared everything out - would the moodlet go away! Good luck
  • Options
    RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2009
    I know this is going to sound weird. But I had a similar problem for weeks on my first family game. Then I found something saying to check the lights. Lo and behold. Above the two spots that something had caught fire. Both lights needed to be replaced. They don't look damaged and they are working fine. They're just causing your Sims to be unhappy all the time in that room. Try that.
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited August 2009
    I once had baby food glitch out like this - two parents offered a toddler in a high-chair a bottle, not wanting the baby to get stuffed I cancelled the "drink bottle" action on the second one. The second bottle just sat there... no one could interact with it to throw it out (even the toddler couldn't attempt to drink it again), and while I could grab and move it, I couldn't delete it. Eventually, the bottle spoiled, and everyone who walked into the kitchen got the grossed-out moodlet.

I tried everything.. I moved the bottle out to the farthest corner of the lot, and into the garage where no one went, even deleted and replaced that particular part of the kitchen floor as a longshot, and no dice. Sims continued to get disgusted by the phantom spoiled-baby-milk stink.

Eventually I just moved them to a different house. :lol: I get bored with houses after a couple weeks anyway.

... other than that, the only other "there's no visible cause for this" dirty surroundings problem I've had is the indoor trash cans. When the trash can is full, rather than take out the trash on their own, my sims will simply start using the outdoor trash can again, but will still be bothered by the full trash can inside.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited August 2009
    check for broken appliances :)
  • Options
    EstherwilliamsEstherwilliams Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    good thread, ive had the same prob but couldnt work out what was wrong! im goin to check the lights i had a fire a week ago so that mite be the problem for me. :)
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited August 2009
    Actually, I have this same problem in my current legacy house :( I have torn down the room but it hasn't disappeared, I moved out all the furniture but the room was still infected :?

I just live with it now :(
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    KBarbe00KBarbe00 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Okay, I've tried EVERYTHING. I haven't had any fires, either, so that's not the problem. Nyappymuffin - exactly. Don't know what else to do. No broken appliances, and the only thing in their inventories are deeds to buildings, moodlet managers, and medical journals for the doctors.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2009
    Things I check when there's a dirty moodlet.
    Needs cleaning: sink, stove, tub, toilet.
    Bed made.
    Books or newspapers lying around.
    Dirty dishes or juice can.
    Trash needs emptying.
    Water on floor.
    Spoiled food in fridge or inventory.
    My neat sim will even take books and old newspapers out of her inventory to put away or throw away.
    Anyone digging through the trash may have trash in inventory.
    Have you tried moving everything out of the room and looked around on the floor where everything was. Maybe a piece of furniture somehow was set on top of an old newspaper or something. Or maybe go down another floor and look under the house. I know it sounds crazy but it can't hurt.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    gentjt32gentjt32 Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2009
    This house wouldn't be the log cabin type house would it? I have the same problem with that house in the living room. There was nothing i could do to fix the moodlet.
  • Options
    Rengo808Rengo808 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I have this same problem except it only occurs when I'm in the basement. It is happening on a new game in Twinbrook (Ambitions)
  • Options
    kandykutekandykute Posts: 961 Member
    edited August 2010
    That happened to me, it was after I had a fire from trying to upgrade the fireplace and I didn't know what it was. But I was re-decorating Chelsea(The sim teen's name) anyway and then the moodlet went away.
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited August 2010
    I had this problem with some cereal that had went bad in the fridge, but my sims couldn't clean it out. I had to have one of them open the fridge, pause the game and then manually take it out.
  • Options
    TianaDMSennTianaDMSenn Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I had this problem as well and tried everything listed as well (except the fire/lightbulb thing! Wow! Never would have thought of that! lol). I hired a maid and that didn't fix it either. Mine ended up being a dirty counter underneath the food processor. When I hovered my mouse over it, it didn't show as needing to be cleaned or anything, but as soon as I moved the food processor, the counter showed up as needing to be cleaned and fixed the "Dirty Surroundings" moodlet. Good luck! =)
  • Options
    Rengo808Rengo808 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I think I just resolved this dirty surroundings moodlet when in the basement. If you have been working on the detonation challenge for inventors...check your lighting in the basement below the areas that you have been blowing things up. I accidentally discovered by misclicking on a ceiling lamp next to my sculpting station in the basement that I could replace it meaning it had been damaged from my detenations in the backyard upstairs. The dirty surroundings moodlet is now gone for me at least :D I hope this helps those of you that were having the same problem.
  • Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited August 2010
    check your inventory!
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2010
    Rengo808 wrote:
    I have this same problem except it only occurs when I'm in the basement. It is happening on a new game in Twinbrook (Ambitions)

Wow...this thing was a year old... 08/12/09

And the problem hasnt been fixed? Whoa!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    simcrediblesimcredible Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited August 2010
    I got it, until I made sure EVERY SINGLE wall and floor tile was completely covered with wallpaper or flooring.
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited August 2010
    Zolt65 wrote:
    Rengo808 wrote:

Agree and need to back to the grave
  • Options
    simjettsimjett Posts: 5,254 Member
    edited August 2010
    Zolt65 wrote:
    Rengo808 wrote:

Agree and need to back to the grave

Not before I try some of those ideas first :P
  • Options
    Agerboned12Agerboned12 Posts: 907 New Member
    edited August 2010
    This has happened in my game the offenders were juice bottles or ice cream containers that the maid left on the floor. They are tiny and can blend into wooden floors so can be tough to find.

Could just be a glitch tho.
  • Options
    fabulizfabuliz Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm having the same problem w/ Daddy Sim in the kitchen. Nothing is broken, the food in the fridge is all 'Perfect' quality, so I'm having him upgrade every appliance available to be upgraded. I don't know what else to do..!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top