Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farm Animals expansion pack for sims 3!

yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
I would like to suggest an Farm animals expansion pack specially for Riverview! Here is how I imagine the ep to be:

Sims can be farmers in the real sense. They can keep farm animals like cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, turkeys, sheep dog, horses etc. Sims dairy farm can produce and sell milk, eggs, cheese, butter, yoghurts, ice cream etc. They can sell their produce to the farmers’ market. Sims farmers can have a tractor to work on the fields. Our sims can have a horse ranch too along with a stable and rideable horses and horse carriages! Some of the interesting interactions could be 'milk cows', 'feed animals', 'collect eggs', 'clean stables', 'groom horses', 'train/ride horses', 'sheer sheep', 'make knitted wears from the sheep wool', 'make yoghurt/butter/cheese', 'collect honey' etc. Having a vineyard would be nice too! Some of our sim farmers could be wine producer and could sell their produce to the farmers' market! A typical farmers' pick-up truck would be nice too! Also, seasons/ weather should be added to an country/ farm ep. Why you ask? Simple, a farm/ country ep would go very well together with seasons. I mean you cannot have seasonal vegetables, fruits and crops without seasons/ weather!

Comments

• Options
    ChocolotiChocoloti Posts: 328 New Member
    edited June 2009
    On a farm they'd have to be able to plant more than one seed at a time, and there should be a place, maybe just the grocery store, to buy seeds too.
  • Options
    simonforeversimonforever Posts: 273 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love that idea! said the psychophant who suggested something similar during the transition from Sims1 to Sims2.

Garden produce actually became a viable way of living in Sims2 if you had both Seasons and Open for Business. The arts & literature road also seems a way towards replacing carreers with a viable internal economy instead of the game-infused one we now know. Who knows, maybe we'll get there around Sims23 or Sims24... making SimCity outdated because it's been eaten up by The Sims. By that time, of course, we'll all have 20 terabyte RAM and 2,400 Hextium V processors...
  • Options
    EVileEVile Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I like where you are going with this.

All of your ideas would add a nice rural spin to a game focused mostly on busy town/city living.

I think however there would need to be something a bit extra to give it that whimsical Sim appeal. Perhaps the scarecrow could come alive at night and play tricks on you like scaring your livestock or messing with your crops. Or perhaps aliens could come and decorate your farm with crop circles. They could also steal your cattle and replace them with zany alien bovine counterparts.

Yes. I definitely think with both our input this could be a worthwhile expansion. Keep up the brainstorming.
  • Options
    chitochuchitochu Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    that would be sooo cool!!
    it wud be something extra to do
    and having more animals would be amazing hehe
  • Options
    Jordy394Jordy394 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Omigosh this is an amazing idea! I posted something about this yesterday but it would be so cool to be able to live on a farm and take care of animals!!!!! I hope they'll make it soon!!!!
  • Options
    EbonyViperEbonyViper Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ah, this would be awesome! It would be like pets, only SO much better. And I like that scarecrow coming to life idea. Such fun.
  • Options
    CathD76CathD76 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    the sims 3 goes wild! or some thing like that. Id love to see all types of animals!!!! not just dogs and cats. Maybe a Zoo or something?? that would be so much fun!!! I dont see the point in having tigers and elephants as pets but like a zoo would be really cool. There should be domestic, stay at home animals and Zoo animals and Barn animals. :) good idea. but you should be able to customize and name and put ownership on the non domestic animals...
  • Options
    Jordy394Jordy394 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That's a great idea! Like Sims 3 Goes Wild/ Zoo Expansion pack! But with every single animal imanginable! Haha
  • Options
    SunblazeWildfireSunblazeWildfire Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I would love to see a Sims 3 Gone Wild expansion pack.

I do agree that there should be more animals then cats and dogs this time around as house pets. I miss my lizard pet in Sims Unleashed and I miss my dragon pet in Magic.

Also, a zoo will fit nicely with Sims 3 with the way it is now.
  • Options
    firecat88firecat88 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I would love to see a Sims 3 Gone Wild expansion pack.

I do agree that there should be more animals then cats and dogs this time around as house pets. I miss my lizard pet in Sims Unleashed and I miss my dragon pet in Magic.

Also, a zoo will fit nicely with Sims 3 with the way it is now.

I totally agree with this. I was actually kinda disappointed with the Pets EP because of the whole only-dogs-and-cats-as-pets thing. I mean, it was cool that we were able to make them green and pink and stuff, but that didn't quite make up for it. Not for me, anyways.
  • Options
    KHARPERNKHARPERN Posts: 120 New Member
    edited June 2009
    A farm animals ep would be fantastic! I would definately buy it.
  • Options
    BidMicBidMic Posts: 89 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is a really good expansion pack idea. I don't believe an expansion pack on the sims has been done like that. It would be fun maintaining all the animals while still maintaining the sims. If it was a reasonable price, I would definitely buy it.
  • Options
    cherneycherney Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    THAT WOULD BE A GREAT EXPANSION PACK. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE A MAGIC EXPANSION PACKAGE MUCH LIKE THE ONE FROM SIMS 1 SIMS MAKING MAGIC I REALLY HAD FUN WITH THAT EXPANSION PACK. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOWEVER IS THERE A CHEAT TO MAKE MOVITVES AND MOVITVE DECAY FOR THIS GAME. THE BABY SIMS ARE ANNOYING IN HOW I HAVE TO NOW TAKE TIME TO HELP THEM AND MY SIMS DON'T ADVANCE TO THE TOP OF THEIR SKILLS LEVEL BECAUSE I HAVE TO SPREAD THE TIME AROUND. ALSO IS THERE A DIFFERENT GUID COMING OUT THE ONE OUT DOESN'T HELP MUCH. I EXPECTED ONE LIKE THE GUIDE BOOK FOR SIMS 2 NOT ONE THAT SHOULD BELONG TO AN EXPANSION PACK THAT ONLY HAS TO EXPLAIN THE NEW THINGS NOT HOW TO PLAY THE NEW GAME. THERE IS MORE THINGS NEW IN THIS GAME THEN WHAT IS COVERED IN THE GAME GUIDE. I DON'T WANT TO READ ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE GAME PLAY I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO DO THE THINGS I NEED TO, TO MAKE MY SIMS SUCCEED. REVISE THE GAME GUIDE.
  • Options
    ashtonrulesashtonrules Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That does sound like a good idea.

There are games already like that, like Harvest Moon and Rune Factory, though.
    I love those games!
  • Options
    BoxerbabeBoxerbabe Posts: 58 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That does sound like a good idea.

There are games already like that, like Harvest Moon and Rune Factory, though.
    I love those games!

But on Harvest Moon you can't have more than one kid, you can eat, you can't woohoo, you can have fun, etc... Sims is much better, although Harvest Moon is fun.
  • Options
    digitaldoodlebugdigitaldoodlebug Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i LOVE this idea 'the sims farm life expantion'
    and a horse as a vehicle :D that was made by fans for ts2
  • Options
    bonobotheorybonobotheory Posts: 233 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I want to slaughter hogs and create puddles of blood for my toddlers to splash around in when they get bored.
  • Options
    BoxerbabeBoxerbabe Posts: 58 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I want to slaughter hogs and create puddles of blood for my toddlers to splash around in when they get bored.

:shock:
  • Options
    bonobotheorybonobotheory Posts: 233 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Boxerbabe wrote:

:shock:

What? Sim-toddlers LOVE to splash in the puddles. And killin' things always makes lots of blood. The Sim-toddler would get a fun boost and a hygiene drop, and maybe he could get lucky and find an eyeball.
  • Options
    CathD76CathD76 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    but i think that if they did it they would need to make your household's animals selectible part of your family that you can control. I really didnt like how in TS2 you couldnt control the dogs and cats besides moving them...
  • Options
    locanmureslocanmures Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Chocoloti wrote:
    On a farm they'd have to be able to plant more than one seed at a time, and there should be a place, maybe just the grocery store, to buy seeds too.

Um, you can already plant more than one seed at a time, and you can buy "seeds" at the grocery store - just buy the fruit/vegetable you want to plant and you'll have the option to plant it.
  • Options
    simonforeversimonforever Posts: 273 New Member
    edited June 2009
    CathD76 wrote:
    the sims 3 goes wild! [...] Id love to see all types of animals!!!! not just dogs and cats. Maybe a Zoo or something??

CadazaWOOTs! I'd love a zoo expansion, even if that may not be what you had in mind. I'm constantly worrying that Sims3 expansion packs, just like Sims2 expansion packs, will be just another redone-in-the-micro-oven way to recharge old customers of stuff they already bought. Not so much because of the money, as because it's EXTREMELY unsatisfying to come home with a new ep and realize it's old.

The Zoo expansion pack would open for a lot of opportunites, obviously. My fear just is that Maxis will, once again, stick to the safe way, and present us with yet another new versions of Hot Date, Vacation, and Pets. Only this time, they won't give us the occasional new treat, but just split up those three packs into something like 6 or 7 expansions. Omigosh, even if Sims3 is looking promising in some way, the mere thought of that already makes me want to go play Civ or something...
  • Options
    gabwetgabwet Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Yes that would be a great idea i'm hoping they make one with animals like dogs, cats, cows, and such. Maybe they can make it were u can train your dog to shepard the cattle or something like that. i hope they allow you to breed the animals so your sims could make a living as a dog breeder and have cute little puppies around. I also like the idea about aliens making crop circles. I miss how on the sims 2 aliens could come. On sims 3 they should make your people able to be aliens or werewolves and maybe have an occupation like werewolf or vampire or alien hunter?

I also think they should make one in the time arra where people were western and had gun duels. Because most of those people farmed for a living and that would fit in perfectly with the whole cattle ranch farmer thing.

~sorry for my grammer to lazy to correct it :)
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,265 Member
    edited February 2011
    CathD76 wrote:
    the sims 3 goes wild! [...] Id love to see all types of animals!!!! not just dogs and cats. Maybe a Zoo or something??
    The Zoo expansion pack would open for a lot of opportunites, obviously. ..

Yes, it's amazing how challenging a zoo can be. I created one in Sims 2 using a combination of statues, birds and NPC animals the community made, and believe me it was quite hectic trying to keep all the animals and the zookeeper happy. Lot of great ideas in this forum. Let's hope EA listens to them :-)

• Options
    sarabara129sarabara129 Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    i always thought it would be cool to have farm life, but also where there would be a zoo and you could have new careers like lion tamer and things like that :P of course it goes without mentioning that we need horses as well. :) hopefully they will be on the next pets expansion.