Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why aren't freckles inherited?

Why aren's freckles inherited to sim children? And why aren't some sims born with beauty spots?

Comments

• Options
    Agent_ZeroAgent_Zero Posts: 4,564 Member
    edited August 2009
    They're not? That stinks.
  • Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2009
    I thought they where. I have a daughter who has freckles.

Win a copy of World Adventures click my siggy for more info...

• Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited August 2009
    I wonder about the genetics in the sims3.. my family all have blond hair except for two toddler girls one has brown hair and the other has black hair... where did this come from :?: the parents are cas made.. :)
  • Options
    Alura1Alura1 Posts: 480 New Member
    edited August 2009
    they aren't? well, you can add them easily with the bathroom mirror :)
  • Options
    LufalinicLufalinic Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2009
    The genetics in the Sims 3 kind of ****. In almost all of my families, if I have a boy he is the exact clone of the dad, and the girls are exact clones of the mom.
  • Options
    JomosaurusJomosaurus Posts: 188 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wonder about the genetics in the sims3.. my family all have blond hair except for two toddler girls one has brown hair and the other has black hair... where did this come from :?: the parents are cas made.. :)

I've heard there's a small percentage of a chance that kids will get a random appearance trait as well rather than all of them direct from the parents - but it is a bit odd that neither of them were close to blonde.

I really haven't had kids being 'exact clones' of parents. I've had one girl born who looked a lot like her mum - otherwise, I usually get a pretty good mix. O.o
  • Options
    StarMcLight2StarMcLight2 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited August 2009
    Jomosaurus wrote:

I've heard there's a small percentage of a chance that kids will get a random appearance trait as well rather than all of them direct from the parents - but it is a bit odd that neither of them were close to blonde.

I really haven't had kids being 'exact clones' of parents. I've had one girl born who looked a lot like her mum - otherwise, I usually get a pretty good mix. O.o

In my game there was a family that had 3 children. Twin boys and a girl. The boys looke just like the father except one had gray eyes and the other had brown, inherited from their grandparents (Their grandmother had gray eyes and their grandfather/father had brown eyes) The daughter grew up and had green eyes and no one in the family has green eyes so it is just a luck of the draw when Sims come out with different traits then their' parents or grandparents.
    tumblr_nboolyIdkK1t7r502o1_250.gif
  • Options
    NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lufalinic wrote:
    The genetics in the Sims 3 kind of ****. In almost all of my families, if I have a boy he is the exact clone of the dad, and the girls are exact clones of the mom.

seriously? I think you need to go into CAS and fiddle around with the genetic dice, I believe that (temporarily?) removed parental clones from The Sims 2, so it is probably the same for 3.

Edit: when I say "genetic dice" I mean make a male and a female sim, use the baby maker CAS thingy and click the pacifier button a few times.
  • Options
    PinkIceFoxPinkIceFox Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2009
    But Nemamiah, surely the people who made the game would have made sure a glitch like that wouldn't have made its way into the sims 3.

I mean, a lot of people knew about the clone glitch and fixing it with the 'genetic dice'. They had to have tried to fix that...

...right? :?
  • Options
    julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Really? I've had children "inherit" parents' freckles before. Maybe your Sim's children just didn't inherit the freckles by chance.
    Usually my children are a pretty good mix, some of the daughters I've had have looked more like their mother than their father, but they usually inherit a different face shape or different colored eyes.
  • Options
    LufalinicLufalinic Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2009
    I've tried the fix before, and it doesn't do anything. The only Sim I had that looked different from the parents just looked deformed. Usually I just edit them in CAS to make them look different.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well I am not great at genetics, but I do have 3 kids at the moment from my wild and crazy legacy. 1 girl eldest looks a bit like her mother, but carries her fathers eyes. 2 twin boys, one looks like his father almost identical, the other one looks a bit like his mother. the girl has red hair like mom, the 2 boys the one that looks like dad has black hair, the other boy has red hair like his mom. I do believe that due to the marriage and family members of that marriage that the hair is of course inherited from others there, as well as the eyes. As for looks they seem to have a blend of both parents. I do hope that more genetic things are avalable as xp's come out, or that maybe even a download that helps to mix it up some. But you know in sims 2 I was getting clones of parents too. So its not always so easy to tell with genetics.
  • Options
    missamazing2008missamazing2008 Posts: 142 New Member
    edited May 2011
    With my family, the son looks like the punk rocker version of the dad. The two oldest twin girls look semi alike except one looks somewhat more like the mother. They all have the father's hair, which is funny. I need to check on the youngest toddler soon, she's bald as of the moment however the other one is very blond, more than the others. The two older girls, Paisley and Tiana, their faces are practically the mother's.
  • Options
    StrawberrySwirlStrawberrySwirl Posts: 1,218 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, the thing I liked the most about TS2 qas their genetic system, the one on this game it's not that great... I wish they could fix it because besides building, genetics was one of my favorite parts of the game!
  • Options
    Caroli_GraefCaroli_Graef Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    Lufalinic wrote:

In my families the boys look like their mom, and the girls are like their dad!
  • Options
    KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    edited October 2011
    Wow! Ghost thread...