Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If your sim is a supernatural can you still be a.........

If your sim is a supernatural can you still be a fortune teller? The fortune teller career/profession comes with this EP. Can only a normal sim be a fortune teller or can a supernatural sim be one too? Also is the Fortune teller career/profession a career or profession?

Thankyou :wink: :thumbup:

Comments

• Options
    SkullkinSkullkin Posts: 148 Member
    edited July 2012
    Most likely you will still be able to be a fortune teller as a supernatural.

And I'm not sure, so don't quote me on this, but I think it'll probably be a career. So yeah, more rabbit holes.
  • Options
    sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited July 2012
    Skullkin wrote:

And I'm not sure, so don't quote me on this, but I think it'll probably be a career. So yeah, more rabbit holes.

Ok thankyou :-)

I really hope it's a profession, not a career, because I don't want it in a rabbithole.
  • Options
    asmiraasmira Posts: 120 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Well, they do say somewhere that you can choose whether you want to be honest with people, or if you want to be a fake fortune teller.. So if it IS a rabbit hole career, you'll probably still get a lot of chance cards, or a major decision point -- which is cool.

They have added professions before: see the daycare worker in Generations. So it's not too out of chance for it to be a profession.
  • Options
    mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm thinking profession because I believe a crystal ball will be a new object....plus they're updating the crystal ball in the store so...yeah...
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited July 2012
    mylee407 wrote:
    I'm thinking profession because I believe a crystal ball will be a new object....plus they're updating the crystal ball in the store so...yeah...

Mm... but why having two crystal balls? :?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    SumoB wrote:
    mylee407 wrote:

Mm... but why having two crystal balls? :?

Well......people who bought the magic set don't want it to be useless and people who didn't buy it dont want to be forced to buy it.

Considering EPs can't connect I'm pretty sure they won't make Store stuff Necessary.
  • Options
    MonienijntjeMonienijntje Posts: 120 Member
    edited July 2012
    mylee407 wrote:
    Well......people who bought the magic set don't want it to be useless and people who didn't buy it dont want to be forced to buy it.

Considering EPs can't connect I'm pretty sure they won't make Store stuff Necessary.
    From what I understand from the Guru's so far the crystal ball from the store will be tweaked so it can be used for the fortune teller career. There won't be a new crystal ball.

Ah found it:
    Hello Simmers!

I’m here to tell you about how the The Sims 3 Supernatural is going to enhance existing magic items that are available on The Sims 3 Store! These items will not be included in Supernatural, but if you’ve purchased them from the Store, you’ll get the benefits of these special effects:

Brewing potions in Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron will increase your Sim’s Alchemy Skill, and Sims can conjure components in the cauldron that will be needed for crafting within the Alchemy system.

Telling fortunes and peering into The Soothsayer’s Crystal Ball will give a job performance bonus if the Sim is a member of the Fortune Teller career!

Performing the magical interactions on Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells and the Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll will increase your Sim’s hidden Spellcasting Skill. You will be able to use the Voodoo Doll to curse other Sims and turn them into a zombie! You will also be able to use the Voodoo Doll to bless zombie Sims and cure them of their affliction.

Lastly, there will be a new interaction on the Voodoo Doll, “Transform!” This is only available when a Voodoo Doll is bound to a Werewolf or a Fairy. You’ll have to wait to play The Sims 3 Supernatural to find out what that does specifically. ;)

There is a lot more news to come, so stay tuned. As always, keep asking your SimGurus questions on the forums.

Thanks,
    SimGuruSarah
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, I don't think being a supernatural also counts as a profession/career... So you could have a Witch-Doctor!
    raw
  • Options
    mbolt15mbolt15 Posts: 227 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Evil_One wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think being a supernatural also counts as a profession/career... So you could have a Witch-Doctor!

Anyone remember the song?

I told the witch doctor that I'm in love with. And so the witch doctor, he told me what to do - he said,
    Oo ee, oo ah ah, ting tang, Walla Walla bing bang,
    Oo ee, oo ah ah, ting tang, Walla Walla bing bang!

Classic 90's crud :mrgreen:
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited July 2012
    mbolt15 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:

I told the witch doctor that I'm in love with. And so the witch doctor, he told me what to do - he said,

Thank you for getting that stuck in my head lol
  • Options
    TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited July 2012
    mbolt15 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:

LOLzer. :P :lol:
  • Options
    mbolt15mbolt15 Posts: 227 New Member
    edited July 2012
    To7m wrote:
    mbolt15 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:

Thank you for getting that stuck in my head lol

No problem - it was my pleasure :twisted:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Evil_One wrote:

I meant that if your sim is a supernatural can you still be a fortune teller like a normal sim. You might of misunderstood me but that's alright, everyone makes mistakes :wink: :-)
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't see why being supernatural would stop you from being a Fortune Teller. All of the other lifestates from previous EPs can be any career/profession. Why would they suddenly change that?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,348 Member
    edited July 2012
    mbolt15 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:

I love that song. I have a cd called The Monster Mash Rock & Roll Party. There's a song on there called Doin the Zombie by Chubby Checker. I think when I get this ep, I will be playing that cd while I'm playing the sims... :lol:

I might even have to make a purple alien-looking sim for the song, People Purple Eater... :D
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited July 2012
    sharena333 wrote:
    If your sim is a supernatural can you still be a fortune teller? The fortune teller career/profession comes with this EP. Can only a normal sim be a fortune teller or can a supernatural sim be one too? Also is the Fortune teller career/profession a career or profession?

Thankyou :wink: :thumbup:

The fortune teller career is a rabbithole career. However, if you have the crystal ball from the store, it adds additional gameplay, and you can turn the career into a profession, where using the crystal ball will increase your job performance!
  • Options
    simlover1500simlover1500 Posts: 197
    edited July 2012
    Skullkin wrote:

Whats a rabbit hole??
    :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Skullkin wrote:

Whats a rabbit hole??

It's a place or business like the movies. You send your sims to the movies and they go inside of the building but while they are in there, we can't see them. That's what a rabbithole is. Hope this was helpful... :D

edit: I was just looking at the images on the SN page and the image the has the fortune teller trying to read the other sims' mind looks like there is a crystal ball thingy right behind the fortune teller. Knowing EA like we do, it might be possible that they will be adding a crystal ball to the ep. At least that's what I think they should do since not everyone brought the one from the store, I know that I didn't. jmho... :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mylee407 wrote:

From what I understand from the Guru's so far the crystal ball from the store will be tweaked so it can be used for the fortune teller career. There won't be a new crystal ball.

Ah found it:
    Hello Simmers!

I’m here to tell you about how the The Sims 3 Supernatural is going to enhance existing magic items that are available on The Sims 3 Store! These items will not be included in Supernatural, but if you’ve purchased them from the Store, you’ll get the benefits of these special effects:

Brewing potions in Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron will increase your Sim’s Alchemy Skill, and Sims can conjure components in the cauldron that will be needed for crafting within the Alchemy system.

Telling fortunes and peering into The Soothsayer’s Crystal Ball will give a job performance bonus if the Sim is a member of the Fortune Teller career!

Performing the magical interactions on Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells and the Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll will increase your Sim’s hidden Spellcasting Skill. You will be able to use the Voodoo Doll to curse other Sims and turn them into a zombie! You will also be able to use the Voodoo Doll to bless zombie Sims and cure them of their affliction.

Lastly, there will be a new interaction on the Voodoo Doll, “Transform!” This is only available when a Voodoo Doll is bound to a Werewolf or a Fairy. You’ll have to wait to play The Sims 3 Supernatural to find out what that does specifically. ;)

There is a lot more news to come, so stay tuned. As always, keep asking your SimGurus questions on the forums.

Thanks,
    SimGuruSarah

So....what are the people who don't have the set supposed to use? -_- I call this a fail. I will probably not use the career as often now....

I hope we AT LEAST get tarot cards or that job just won't be as appealing to me. Oh EA.... :evil:
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2012
    People really shouldn't jump to conclusions. SimGuruSarah said the crystal ball that's for sale in the Store will not be included in Supernatural. She didn't say there wouldn't be ANY crystal ball... In fact, there are pictures of what looks like a crystal plumbob.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Derella wrote:
    People really shouldn't jump to conclusions. SimGuruSarah said the crystal ball that's for sale in the Store will not be included in Supernatural. She didn't say there wouldn't be ANY crystal ball... In fact, there are pictures of what looks like a crystal plumbob.

Well.....better wording would help if they are included.....
  • Options
    simlover1500simlover1500 Posts: 197
    edited July 2012
    lisasc360 wrote:
    Skullkin wrote:

Whats a rabbit hole??

It's a place or business like the movies. You send your sims to the movies and they go inside of the building but while they are in there, we can't see them. That's what a rabbithole is. Hope this was helpful... :D

edit: I was just looking at the images on the SN page and the image the has the fortune teller trying to read the other sims' mind looks like there is a crystal ball thingy right behind the fortune teller. Knowing EA like we do, it might be possible that they will be adding a crystal ball to the ep. At least that's what I think they should do since not everyone brought the one from the store, I know that I didn't. jmho... :)

oh haha thats what those are called i feel dumb :P thanks!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    np simlover1500. I'm still learning what things are myself. Some of those rabbitholes I wish were open like the diner... :D Happy simming... 8)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    lisasc360 wrote:
    Skullkin wrote:

Whats a rabbit hole??

Actually Behind the fortune teller was......
    the Lunar cycle dial - The Moon Dial is a fun object that reflects the current phase of the moon. It will also tell you your horoscope.
    This was the words from simvip! :lol:

[img]http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31100000/The-Sims-3-Supernatural-🐸🐸🐸🐸-the-sims-3-31130078-618-347.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Derella wrote:

Here is the picture:

Sup-2.png